Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law (20636 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days / Kaduna State Vows To Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – Danfulani / Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Firefire(m): 8:12am On May 18, 2016
You see...
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by loomer: 8:12am On May 18, 2016
I no even know why NLC dey worry demselves
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by iDashNaira: 8:13am On May 18, 2016
Who NLC help? Imagine if subsidy was removed since 2012 where we would have been today.

We need to allow government function for once no matter our party affiliation.

We have but one country Nigeria. Let us allow government succeed or fail based on what they think is best for Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Nobody: 8:15am On May 18, 2016
mayorrolex:
the same lagos state govt that played host to occupynaija protest is now kicking against the season 2 of fuel subsidy strike/protest...

that's becos the season 2 is headless, legless nd bottomless

2 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by mostyg(m): 8:15am On May 18, 2016
The high cost of PMS is as a result of the umavailability and high cost of procuring the US dollars. As long as we are still an importing country with little or no product to export, this situation will continue till eternity.A good way of making petrol available at a cheap price is to refine locally. All our refineries are not working to capacity as at present. The private refineries granted licence have not started working.A short term solution is to legalise all the so called illegal refineries. The more they are, the more availabilty of fuel.Government should also regulate and monitor the quality of their products. In the end, more jobs, more cheap fuel will be our gain.

1 Like

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by princejayboss: 8:15am On May 18, 2016
rhemmiedream:
Good one !...The pacemaker of the heart of Nigeria has read out the riot act to anyone planning public disturbances in Lagos . If anyone wishes to occupy anywhere , let them occupy Onitsha , Awka , Enugu or other opposition strongholds too nah.
Since you people also didn't deem it fit to be on the side of the masses by refusing to participate in the 2012 protests, we will also gladly leave you all to dance alone this time around .
LETS KEEP RECYCLING KARMA !!! Lol

Ewu
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Adekorya: 8:18am On May 18, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
I think the difference between then and now is that, it was an Abuja decision then and not that of pdp, but this seems to be an Apc decision and not just Abuja. See the way they've been defending this policy with legal but illegitimate moves.
This chess game is interesting, pdp is not just up to the task, this is an opportunity to showcase their prowess, but they lack that thinking.
If you're going on any strike in a state where your governor never pay, na pity I pity u, even where the governor dey pay but wey be apc state, na story that touch e fit turn to, I will just advise you get up early, move closer to your workplace, study the tempo, if work is safe, just register yourself, nlc goons no dey fight when dem sack una ooo.

PDP knows this is way forward for the country, and that's why they never resort to dirty politics just like the ruling party.

If they intend to play dirty just like the ruling party did in 2012 masses will be the one to pay the price.

It's not that they are up to task.
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by LarryBeryl(m): 8:18am On May 18, 2016
NLC charged F.G to court in support of the masses and the court gave verdict favouring F.G before 48hrs while Saraki's case is taking forever........ There is God ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by leye4u: 8:19am On May 18, 2016
omokab:
ara awon omo ale ile yoruba kan looyoju yi! We are behind our leaders andwe are fully in support of deregulation. I am a civil servant and I know what is good me,good for my region and good for the country. Oponu ayi fun rada. Don't bother to quote me bcs I will not even reply yours. If not because of nonsense you said I will not reply you like this.
iwo arakunrin yii..you are a civil servant, how much is your salary? when last were you paid? How many litters of fuel can your salary now buy....Yoruba gooo die...Yoruba roonu ooo

1 Like

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by lagosrd: 8:20am On May 18, 2016
moshmusth:
Anuofia.. I just can't imagine the high level of hypocrisy of Apc they sponsored occupynaija 2012 even at the detriment of ignoring the same industrial court in 2012 no pdp state govt compelled anyone to go about their work against NLC proposed strike then.

Now why is Ambode indirectly threatening the NLC, it shows they can't accept what they do to others

'Do unto others what u can do to yourself' my fellow xtian bro n sis should add the verse

Those who make peaceful change difficult makes violent change inevitable. They can kill the messenger not the message. Write it down one day they will be forced out of government with this way they are treating people like goats, people will fight back one day.
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by GWMI(m): 8:21am On May 18, 2016
I will want to ask the yorubas what do you get from betraying?are you given international award for it?Sometimes it baffles me that a people who claim to be educated can be so easily used against any side of the divide in Nigeria.Nigeria is really a conglomeration of strange bed fellows what a nation.Thanks.
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Segadem(m): 8:22am On May 18, 2016
omokab:
Ki eku ile kogbo kosofun toko. Waba or what is that your name. Don't ever try to stage protest in Lagos, Ogun,ibadan or any part of south west. You can stage your protest in onitsha, aba,enugu or rivers state where you are mostly needed. If you try it in ojota or oshodi or ibadan, well I trust my boys they will deal with you ruthlessly. Iko kan ni omo owo nyo. That is,is one by one all of you will disappear from that protest.
hahahahahahahahah, he don hear
Oti gbo grin
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by solaseunmatthew(m): 8:25am On May 18, 2016
omokab:
**** We are behind our leaders andwe are fully in support of deregulation. I am a civil servant and I know what is good me,good for my region and good for the country. Oponu ayi fun rada. Don't bother to quote me bcs I will not even reply yours. If not because of nonsense you said I will not reply you like this.
. That is too ash. I think we are entitiled to our opinion. Se don't need to raise abuses on each other to create attention. Nkan ti mò Mô ni pe Niger yi is ma dun.
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by ibedun: 8:27am On May 18, 2016
nedu2000:
how much did Ambode use to do this website and why should his personalise website be used to convey info?

And your state of origin is where?
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Alexchuka(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2016
[quote author=omokab post=45720120]Ki eku ile kogbo kosofun toko. Waba or what is that your name. Don't ever try to stage protest in Lagos, Ogun,ibadan or any part of south west. You can stage your protest in onitsha, aba,enugu or rivers state where you are mostly needed. If you try it in ojota or oshodi or ibadan, well I trust my boys they will deal with you ruthlessly. Iko kan ni omo owo nyo. That is,is one by one all of you will disappear from that protest.[/quote

But few years ago... Lagos was the main attraction when the fuel prices was hiked... Now the poor masses will suffer more and you ignorant..Tribalism at its best.. Even when this Government drags Nigeria into the grave.. You will still support them because of tribalism.. Sorry
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by ogunsam75(m): 8:31am On May 18, 2016
I still find very difficult how some pple reason, personally I don't support strike at any point in time, but this hardship is just too much! Imagine some on Level 4 with salary less than 30k, that work at VI that cannot afford huge house rent in the city, move to down town, now spending 1500 on transportation daily, how do want such person to cope with life! Nigeria we are suffering and smiling! We need to get things right, let the govt look for lasting solution
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Alexchuka(m): 8:32am On May 18, 2016
iDashNaira:
Who NLC help? Imagine if subsidy was removed since 2012 where we would have been today.

We need to allow government function for once no matter our party affiliation.

We have but one country Nigeria. Let us allow government succeed or fail based on what they think is best for Nigerians.

I absolutely agree with you...
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by davereal(m): 8:35am On May 18, 2016
THE HYPOCRACY OF A COUNTRY

It's pathetic and depressing how the current removal of fuel subsidy has explicitly proven to many "gullible" Nigerians hypocritical some CHANGE AGENTS are. These were same folks that ranted their throats out and spent their resources mobilising jobless youths to OCCUPY NIGERIA in 2012. They looked stupid then because they knew not what they were doing.
Even Mr. President was against the Father of Democracy in Africa (GEJ) in this laudable and courageous move based on Political difference and not National Interest.
I still support the removal of subsidy, but what is really hurting me is the fact that, our so-called national leaders (e.g Tinubu) who absolutely rejected this move under GEJ are now in full support of President Buhari. What is the difference? It wasn't good but now better? Where are the pioneers of OCCUPY NIGERIA? Where are the so-called regionalised celebrities shouting and dancing shoki in LAGOS? Where are the so-called Civil Society Organizations (Especially NLC), Where are the so-called Human Right Activists (Falana excluded).
I know some perceived educated elites will argue that the parameters have changed owing to drop in the price of crude globally, thus the necessity of removing fuel subsidy. But it is pertinent to note also that, if the price of a raw material (crude oil) decrease, the price of the finished product (PMS) should also decrease--common sense. Because of this, Nigerians should buy fuel at #40 and not #145. (Fashola proselytized this same argument in 2012-google is your friend). Nevertheless, this is not my argument.

MY POINT: let's support every policy that is in the interest of the poor man irrespective of our political, regional, religious, ethnic and ideological divide. #Isupportsubsidyremoval

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by deebrain(m): 8:35am On May 18, 2016
Im just speechless.....

Lord forgive me-I contributed in voting a dictatorship into power!
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Ijaya123: 8:36am On May 18, 2016
moshmusth:
Anuofia.. I just can't imagine the high level of hypocrisy of Apc they sponsored occupynaija 2012 even at the detriment of ignoring the same industrial court in 2012 no pdp state govt compelled anyone to go about their work against NLC proposed strike then.

Now why is Ambode indirectly threatening the NLC, it shows they can't accept what they do to others

'Do unto others what u can do to yourself' my fellow xtian bro n sis should add the verse

You're free to proceed to Ojota and start your protest. Enough of wailing on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Mintek: 8:36am On May 18, 2016
Horus:

Rule of law

The rule of law is the legal principle that law should govern a nation, as opposed to being governed by arbitrary decisions of individual government officials.

Brilliant!

I think Buhari could use your analysis here to cure his penchant for flouting court orders.
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by OlujobaSamuel: 8:41am On May 18, 2016
Adekorya:

PDP knows this is way forward for the country, and that's why they never resort to dirty politics just like the ruling party.

If they intend to play dirty just like the ruling party did in 2012 masses will be the one to pay the price.

It's not that they are up to task.
ruling party did in 2012? am sorry, I don't know apc in 2012, also there wasn't anything like new pdp.
pdp is never up to any task that shows responsibility, if they are so sure it's the right decision to implement, there should be no reason for them to succumb to the will of opposition then. or you are trying to tell me that pdp knows it's right to eat but refused to do so because some neighbors think eating will make them excrete in the community.
You think people are happy with the policy now because it's apc? No one is happy about it bro, some saw it coming but nlc was too busy with God knows what, pdp is not acting as an opposition leader also, they should have seen that there is no subsidy in the budget versions we have been seeing, government also deliberately drag the issue of fuel scarcity to create an impression on why it's not sustainable to subsidize.
Anyway you look at it, pdp is not up to the task either then or now.
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by OlujobaSamuel: 8:52am On May 18, 2016
GWMI:
I will want to ask the yorubas what do you get from betraying?are you given international award for it?Sometimes it baffles me that a people who claim to be educated can be so easily used against any side of the divide in Nigeria.Nigeria is really a conglomeration of strange bed fellows what a nation.Thanks.
what do you mean betrayal? abi e don get another meaning? you can only betray someone who trust in you, there is no betrayal in a case where you have no pact.
also, you don't have to drag tribe into the subject, the beauty of democracy is that government do it's best to sell itself, if bought by the people, good, if not, still good. at the end of a certain period, in our case, 4years, they will have to sit for another exam conducted and marked by the citizens.
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Tunami(m): 8:54am On May 18, 2016
Mintek:

You're on your own. I'm FULLY behind the Wabba-led NLC.

Eyin alai.nitiju lasan. Don't turn the SW into a zombified region.

Shioor!!!
yo da fun oo, sometimes i wonder what is wrong with some of this our yoruba brothers.

1 Like

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Kingspin(m): 9:07am On May 18, 2016
omokab:
Ki eku ile kogbo kosofun toko. Waba or what is that your name. Don't ever try to stage protest in Lagos, Ogun,ibadan or any part of south west. You can stage your protest in onitsha, aba,enugu or rivers state where you are mostly needed. If you try it in ojota or oshodi or ibadan, well I trust my boys they will deal with you ruthlessly. Iko kan ni omo owo nyo. That is,is one by one all of you will disappear from that protest.
My friend go sit on the floor. You no get talk.
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by amazingspiderma: 9:16am On May 18, 2016
A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such
a devastating toll on the victor that it is
tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a
Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some
way. However, the heavy toll negates any
sense of achievement or profit. Another term
for this would be "hollow victory".
The term is used as an analogy in fields such
as business, politics, and sports to describe
struggles that end up ruining the victor (from wikipedia).

There are those who will always support wrong just because they don't want to look weak. Those who are loyal to them should realise that in the end it all boils down to our individual wallets whether rich or poor,tribe or religion we are in this together as there is no special heaven for the masses.
Selling one's conscience does not exempt one from going to the market.
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Mufasa1805(m): 9:23am On May 18, 2016
omokab:
**** We are behind our leaders andwe are fully in support of deregulation. I am a civil servant and I know what is good me,good for my region and good for the country. Oponu ayi fun rada. Don't bother to quote me bcs I will not even reply yours. If not because of nonsense you said I will not reply you like this.
Behind ur leaders? With lots of benefits abi, werey omo iran kiran
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by yinkuse: 9:28am On May 18, 2016
Nigeria will never be doomed. Do u even know the meaning of wot u just typed here?

psychologist:
Nigeria is doomed
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by HomeOfMe(f): 9:36am On May 18, 2016
mayorrolex:
the same lagos state govt that played host to occupynaija protest is now kicking against the season 2 of fuel subsidy strike/protest...
That's what they call hypocrisy!
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Mufasa1805(m): 9:38am On May 18, 2016
This country's economy is roaming around the Bermuda Triangle..
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by HomeOfMe(f): 9:39am On May 18, 2016
moshmusth:

Gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prison Officers Secretly Move Charles Okah To Borno Prisons After Life Sentence / Sowore Speaks: My Connection With Tinubu And Jonathan, Why I Hate PDP (VIDEO) / 2019: Kwara Braces For Landmark Elections As Saraki Fights For Political Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.