Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession (1952 Views)

Dogara Releases Pay Slips For Six Months / Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF / Flash: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by dukie25: 2:39pm On May 18, 2016
[size=13pt]Nigerian Economy Slips into Recession[/size]

The Sales Managers Index: Nigeria
Released: May 17, 2016

Sales Managers’ Index suggests Nigerian GDP growth will be negative in Q2
Inflationary pressures remain substantial and rising
Job levels decline for 3rd successive month reflecting falling economic activity

The World Economics SMI reports that the Nigerian economy continued to contract in May with Q2 ushering in the first quarter of negative growth since Q1 2015. Product sales and employment levels declined again during May while market growth reached the lowest level since records began. At the same time, prices continued to rise sharply indicting year-on-year inflation will likely fall back a little from the official figure of 13.7% reported for March. Overall, the latest SMI data suggests that growth is likely to weaken further by the end of the second quarter and the weakness will continue into the summer.

Headline Sales Managers' Index

Sales Managers' Index Trends
Speed Direction
SMI Strong Increasing
Business Confidence Very fast Increasing
Market Growth Slow Declining
Sales Output Faster Declining
Prices Charged Fast Increasing
Staffing Levels Faster Declining

The Sales Managers Index provides the only monthly data on the speed and direction of Nigerian economic activity.

Key advantages of the Nigeria SMI:
The SMI provides the first indication each month of the speed and direction of economic growth in Nigeria .
The SMI provides the most complete indication of growth, covering all private sector activity.
The SMI is based on a key occupational group - uniquely able to sense changes in business activity levels.
The SMI is composite index of business confidence, market growth, sales, prices charged and staffing levels.
The SMI is a diffusion index, any index value above 50 indicates growth and below 50 indicates contraction.

http://www.worldeconomics.com/SMI/Nigeria-SalesManagersIndex.efp

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by dukie25: 2:46pm On May 18, 2016
We warned them a cow herder have no business running a modern economy but they didn't believe us.
Enjoy your recession courtesy of Certificateless Bubu with f9 in econs

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 18, 2016
Nonsense report cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by otukpo(f): 2:48pm On May 18, 2016
No thanks to APC and their wicked propaganda.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Mynd44: 2:51pm On May 18, 2016
dukie25:
We warned them a cow herder have no business running a modern economy but they didn't believe us.

The World Economics SMI reports that the Nigerian economy continued to contract in May with Q2 ushering in the first quarter of negative growth since Q1 2015

Seems your Phd hero also plunged the country into negative quarterly growth.

Shucks dont it?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Abeymills(m): 2:52pm On May 18, 2016
Under d Daura President president

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by dukie25: 2:54pm On May 18, 2016
Keneking:
Nonsense report cool
You should win the title of the most senseless poster this year, can't see anyone remotely close to your level of zombieism. Congrats in advance.
And please don't forget to post pictures of baboons.
Primates the world over hold you in high esteem.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 18, 2016
dukie25:

You should win the title of the most senseless poster this year, can't see anyone remotely close to your level of zombieism. Congrats in advance.
And please don't forget to post pictures of baboons.
Primates the world over hold you in high esteem.

Did you see the Sales Manager's report?
Nonsense source and report shocked
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2016
NONSENSICAL REPORT
BIAFRA REPORT
IPOBIC REPORT
AVENGERS REPORT
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by dukie25: 3:05pm On May 18, 2016
Mynd44:

The World Economics SMI reports that the Nigerian economy continued to contract in May with Q2 ushering in the first quarter of negative growth since Q1 2015

Seems your Phd hero also plunged the country into negative quarterly growth.

Shucks dont it?
The once buoyant Nigerian economy was not in recession last year, Ogbeni Mynd stop propaganda.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by dukie25: 3:07pm On May 18, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
NONSENSICAL REPORT

BIAFRA REPORT

IPOBIC REPORT

AVENGERS REPORT
For your mind you don make sense abi?
Mynd44, lalasticlala recession looms.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Mynd44: 3:19pm On May 18, 2016
dukie25:

The once buoyant Nigerian economy was not in recession last year, Ogbeni Mynd stop propaganda.
Oh I am sorry but i did not write that, I lifted it from the article
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Onyejiuwaokoh: 3:25pm On May 18, 2016
Nigeria is in trouble; Lybians(herdsmen) are killing farmers eventhough we don't have boundle with lybians so hunger is doing press up for 9ja people , no food,no fuel, no light, the fear of NEPA bill certificate is the beginning of recovery. Those who needed power have got it so let us go back to our former proviso.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by ERONX(m): 3:33pm On May 18, 2016
Na wao
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by 989900B: 3:33pm On May 18, 2016
sad
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Pidggin(f): 3:37pm On May 18, 2016
Recession? See why tribalism is evil? We have intellectuals who can lead us better, but because they are not from a certain tribe, people won't vote. Enjoy
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Amanwulu1(m): 3:39pm On May 18, 2016
It better wake into prgression.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by machinery1: 3:49pm On May 18, 2016
Pidggin:
Recession? See why tribalism is evil? We have intellectuals who can lead us better, but because they are not from a certain tribe, people won't vote. Enjoy

Why is it always hard for you to make sense, you pray and wish evil for this country daily but still turn around to blame the President. Na wai
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Pidggin(f): 3:59pm On May 18, 2016
machinery1:

Why is it always hard for you to make sense, you pray and wish evil for this country daily but still turn around to blame the President. Na wai

Read my post again, you will see sense in it. I am only saying the truth
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by DropShot: 5:25pm On May 18, 2016
dukie25:
You don't make any sensible contribution but to show how frustrated and miserable you are by making abusive posts just for "likes". Leaders of tomorrow indeed.

Anyone with half functioning brain understands that PMB inherited a badly damaged economy.

An economy that was borrowing to pay salaries as far back as March 2015.

An economy that the Finance minister predicted doom for when she said Nigerians should brace for tough times ahead.

An economy that has had her earnings reduced to about a quarter of what she used to earn btw 2011 and 2015.

An economy that was badly and shamelessly looted by those you supported.

The condition of Nigerian economy today is a result of bad decisions of at least 3 to 5 years back.

Leave insults and name-calling out of it, let anyone who feels differently come on board for a robust discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by Adminisher: 5:29pm On May 18, 2016
dukie25:

Actually it was the drunkard we had before that wrecked it. He stole and spent money on the wrong things. We had high GDP selling imported good. The stupidest modern country in the world. They imported rice for elections even, the brain dead Shoeless children of idiots, they killed their refineries and imported petrol .
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by globe16: 5:31pm On May 18, 2016
DropShot:

[s]Anyone with half functioning brain understands that PMB inherited a badly damaged economy.

An economy that was borrowing to pay salaries as far back as March 2015.

An economy that the Finance minister predicted doom for when she said Nigerians should brace for tough times ahead.

An economy that was badly and shamelessly looted by those you supported.

The condition of Nigerian economy today is a result of bad decisions of at least 3 to 5 years back.

Leave insults and name-calling out of it, let anyone who feels differently come on board for a robust discussion[/s].
The same Nigerian economy that was doing well and rated the biggest in Africa? Mention any positive economic policy this daura president has taken since becoming president.. Someone that doesnt even have an economic adviser? Buhari has done more harm to Nigerian economy in one year than the past 16 years of PDP government

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by globe16: 5:33pm On May 18, 2016
Adminisher:

Actually it was the drunkard we had before that wrecked it. He stole and spent money on the wrong things. We had high GDP selling imported good. The stupidest modern country in the world. They imported rice for elections even, the brain dead Shoeless children of idiots, they killed their refineries and imported petrol .
mention one positive econmoic policy of the dullard from daura since becoming president? Even if I agree with your assertion, let me remind you that someone took over from Abacha and it wasnt this bad.. Where is the 2016 budget? Buhari, the clueless dullard from daura has successfully destroyed Nigeria in one year. Fact
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by bender79: 5:36pm On May 18, 2016
globe16:

mention one positive econmoic policy of the dullard from daura since becoming president? Even if I agree with your assertion, let me remind you that someone took over from Abacha and it wasnt this bad.. Where is the 2016 budget? Buhari, the clueless dullard from daura has successfully destroyed Nigeria in one year. Fact
Book haram has been decimated to the bearest minimum..that is one achievement. Lol
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by NED2020(m): 5:40pm On May 18, 2016
"The breakdown of 2016 budget showed that the Buhari’s administration earmarked £16million (N4,5bn) for the renovation and maintenance of the president’s official residence, Aso Rock Guest House, in the capital Abuja." published by NAIJ.COM 3days ago. pls HOW MUCH WILL PUT UP A BRAND NEW BUILDING? tell me how the economy will not dive into recession.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by DropShot: 5:41pm On May 18, 2016
globe16:

The same Nigerian economy that was doing well and rated the biggest in Africa? Mention any positive economic policy this daura president has taken since becoming president.. Someone that doesnt even have an economic adviser? Buhari has done more harm to Nigerian economy in one year than the past 16 years of PDP government
I can bet you're not older than 25. You lack adequate understanding of how an economy works.

Counter the facts I provided or stfu.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by globe16: 5:44pm On May 18, 2016
DropShot:

I can bet you're not older than 25. You lack adequate understanding of how an economy works.

Counter the facts I provided or stfu.
Even Buhari that is older than 75 is a stark economic illiterate according to obasanjo, just tell me any one positive economic policy of this confused government since assuming power or give it up

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by DropShot: 5:48pm On May 18, 2016
globe16:

Even Buhari that is older than 75 is a stark economic illiterate according to obasanjo, just tell me any one positive economic policy of this confused government since assuming power or give it up
You need to confirm you're older than twenty before I can lecture you further.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by globe16: 6:00pm On May 18, 2016
DropShot:

You need to confirm you're older than twenty before I can lecture you further.
Why not face the topic and stop diverting attention. tell us the one positive economic policy of this clueless and confused adminitration

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by owobokiri(m): 6:03pm On May 18, 2016
The Daurra disaster has pinished this kwantari
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by DropShot: 6:05pm On May 18, 2016
globe16:

Why not face the topic and stop diverting attention. tell us the one positive economic policy of this clueless and confused adminitration
Toddler, deregulation of downstream sector.

Diversification of the economy away from oil dependent one.

That's two there.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession by globe16: 6:07pm On May 18, 2016
DropShot:

[s]Toddler, deregulation of downstream sector.

Diversification of the economy away from oil dependent one.[/s]

That's two there.
I clearly did not ask you to amuse me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Unity Negotiable, Says Prof. Ango Abdullahi / Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot / Nnamdi Kanu : An Anti-christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.