Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Between Tinubu And Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Tinubu And Fashola (977 Views)

Nike Animashaun: The Lady In The Eye Of The Storm Between Tinubu And Kachikwu. / Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Buhari With Babagida, Tinubu, And Obasanjo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Tinubu And Fashola by adekampe: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2009
I think it is unfair that we compare the tenure of tinubu with that of fashola.A lot of people have made assetions that fashola has achieved more in two years than tinubu achieved in eight years but i dont think that is entirely true.What the people mean to say is at the pace fashola is going,he has achieved more in two years than tinubu did in his first two years and will likely achieve more in eight years if he decides to contest a second term.

Also,considering the decadence and state of lagos tinubu met it in 1999,he was faced with a lot and he did try his best to first restore sanity in the system and achieved a considerable level of development.This gave fashola the needed boost and momentum to easily continue a house that the foundation was already laid.It is very clear to that fashola is merely continuing programmes already initiated in tinubu's blueprint.he is still tinubu's boy and im happy he is achieving all that he is.but people,lets not compare the two.They began their tenure's under different circumstances and while one had it difficult and rocky,the other had it quite easy with a massive IGR system already in place.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by LadyT(f): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2009
Thank you Mr Spokes Person for Tinubu.

Hissssssssssssssssss angry Where should we start just google the Enron and Tinubu mess then talk. After that look up the HSBC account drama with Tinubu.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by Kobojunkie: 10:46am On Aug 18, 2009
adekampe:

Also,considering the decadence and state of lagos tinubu met it in 1999,he was faced with a lot and he did try his best to first restore sanity in the system and achieved a considerable level of development.

What decadence? Why do you have to LIE for this Tinubu man? What decadence? What is it with people and making stuff off for these POLITICIANS?
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by adekampe: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2009
@ Lady T : I am not a spokesperson for tinubu.It just amazes me how soon nigerians forget things.I can assure you that two yrs after fashola,he would also be spoken negatively about.

@ kobo junkie : If you lived in lagos pre-1999 you would know how chaotic traffic was,waste everywhere,one way driving and recklessness,area boys and touts as law enforcers above any courts or police station. .etc.Whether we agree or not tinubu returned sanity and fashola just rode on the wave and continued.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by LadyT(f): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2009
adekampe:

@ Lady T : I am not a spokesperson for tinubu.It just amazes me how soon nigerians forget things.I can assure you that two yrs after fashola,he would also be spoken negatively about.

@ kobo junkie : If you lived in lagos pre-1999 you would know how chaotic traffic was,waste everywhere,one way driving and recklessness,area boys and touts as law enforcers above any courts or police station. .etc.Whether we agree or not tinubu returned sanity and fashola just rode on the wave and continued.

Just log off with your rubbish!

Tinubu is the head of area boys jare
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by Kobojunkie: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2009
adekampe:

I lived in Lagos Pre-1999, and I know that Lagos was not CHAOTIC. Rubbish all over the place was the way it used to be but actually got worst post 1999, when Tinubu was at the helm of things. I am sorry, but no need to lie for this man.

Marwa was governor before  tinubu, and if you remember anything about Lagos back then, you would rememeber that there were road constructions every where you looked back then. I lived in Ikorodu, a town that was mostly forgotten until Marwa took office. We got better roads, better drainage, that are no longer to write home about because Tinubu never got around to actually maintaining the roads. Traffic actually eased up back during the Marwa years.

Lagos has most always had area boys and touts but I bet they would ttell you that they thrived the most during the 8 years Tinubu was in office. I mean come on, area boys used to fear the millitary mens, so please watch how you throw that one around. Area boys were NEVER law enforcers back during the millitary years. How can anyone who knows of the MOPO boys we had right before we had Marwa, say that? I cannot remember the exact name of this particular force but they would drive in and drive away with you if you messed up. They were corrupt and millitary but they were feared even by area boys.

No need to lie for the man. We may not agree but that does not mean you have stated any facts on this man here.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by adekampe: 11:24am On Aug 18, 2009
@Lady T,

As much as you think you are informed,you can only truly understand about 35% of the happenings in our country from the intenet.The rest 65% can only be understood and known if youre living in it here in Lagos Nigeria, Breathing the air,eating the food and living the life.

@ Kobojunkie: Dont dodge the facts and capitalize on the flaws, Vast road construction,caging of NURTW. .BRT, e t c. The man wasnt perfect,but to say he did nothing is what i am speaking against.HE didnt have it easy.Not many would have been able to face what he faced and did the things he did.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by naso2(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2009
adekampe:

Also,considering the decadence and state of lagos tinubu met it in 1999,he was faced with a lot and he did try his best to first restore sanity in the system and achieved a considerable level of development.IGR system already in place.

Oga which lagos are you talking about? The one Marwa left behind?. abeg make we dey talk true now.

Marwa left lagos on a high such that tinubu's first challenge was how to manage the expectations of lagosians.

Tinubu had his achievements too but never never say lagos was a chaotic mess when marwa left.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by Kobojunkie: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2009
adekampe:

@ Kobojunkie: Dont dodge the facts and capitalize on the flaws, Vast road construction,caging of NURTW. .BRT, e t c. The man wasnt perfect,but to say he did nothing is what i am speaking against.HE didnt have it easy.Not many would have been able to face what he faced and did the things he did.

Tinubu had 8 SOLID YEARS. Marwa, who was right before him, had less than 3 years. Marwa was millitary and not really accountable to us. So What in the world are you saying? by the way, another governor who had 8 SOLID YEARS was Yar adua. You know what else? You should have been here about 2 years ago when Nairalanders were busy praising him for building hospitals and saving the state money. Go back there and check the records. You should be considering if his achievements are worth the 8 years he sat as governor.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by bombsquad(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2009
Hia! Who is praising marwa here?is i the same marwa that was approving construction of houses on drainage channels? or the same marwa that was flogging innocent civillians while driving in their cars?my naija people are used to rough handling, .military is what you people deserve.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2009
bombsquad:

Hia! Who is praising marwa here?is i the same marwa that was approving construction of houses on drainage channels? or the same marwa that was flogging innocent civillians while driving in their cars?my naija people are used to rough handling, .military is what you people deserve.

Dude. . . . Marwa was MILLITARY. Consider that he did a very good job when compared to most other millitary leaders before him, in just under 3 years. Tinubu did not come close to doing half of what Marwa did.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by LadyT(f): 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2009
adekampe:

@Lady T,

As much as you think you are informed,you can only truly understand about 35% of the happenings in our country from the intenet.The rest 65% can only be understood and known if youre living in it here in Lagos Nigeria, Breathing the air,eating the food and living the life.

And your point is?

So I have never been to Lagos or I dont have people who live there? Please explain further you know so much about me.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by fyneguy: 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2009
LadyT

I dont think you are in a vintage position to assess Tinubu's government if you did not live in Lagos during the period.

It's on record that Tinubu's budgets for the whole of 8 years was not up to what Fashola has spent in 2 years now. Hence, Fashola has more revenue than Tinubu did.

Besides, Local government funds seized during Tinubu's regime were released to Fashola.

I'm not holding brief for Tinubu. I'm just pointing out factors that may make the comparism out of place.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by LadyT(f): 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2009
Can you please explain the Enron drama and HSBC bank account drama please.

fyneguy:

LadyT

I dont think you are in a vintage position to assess Tinubu's government if you did not live in Lagos during the period.

It's on record that Tinubu's budgets for the whole of 8 years was not up to what Fashola has spent in 2 years now. Hence, Fashola has more revenue than Tinubu did.

Besides, Local government funds seized during Tinubu's regime were released to Fashola.

I'm not holding brief for Tinubu. I'm just pointing out factors that may make the comparism out of place.

Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by adekampe: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
@ Fyneguy :Thank you very much for your very objective and clearly unbiased contribution.Thinkers like you are very essential fora nation as confused as ours to develop.

@ lady T : We are speaking of development pace between the two and not minor press misunderstandings.Pls dont deviate or derail.
Re: Between Tinubu And Fashola by LadyT(f): 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2009
adekampe:

@ Fyneguy :Thank you very much for your very objective and clearly unbiased contribution.Thinkers like you are very essential fora nation as confused as ours to develop.

@ lady T : We are speaking of development pace between the two and not minor press misunderstandings.Pls dont deviate or derail.

angry are you even serious?

(1) (Reply)

Ex-gov Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack / Iwu To Hand Over To Solomon Soyebi / Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.