Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG (19721 Views)

Rep Storms Out Of Plenary Over Motion For FG To Present Record Of Recovered Loot / Stanley Lawson Accused Of Laundering Billions For Madueke Working For FG - SSS / Ekiti Youths Declare Support For Fayose,Protest Buhari's Rascality(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 18, 2016
dre11:
good one by the rep

so both house now supports the removal of subsidy
the PDP and APC did stand in one voice and say

No to subsidy

let labour do whatever it intends to do...... because we reject subsidy in its totality

let them negotiate for palliatives and not subsidy

oga there is no subsidy, go check your fact
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by free2ryhme: 10:05pm On May 18, 2016
They have declared war on the masses and electorate.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Spanner4(m): 10:05pm On May 18, 2016
My question is dis, Rep members- Do they buy fuel with there money?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 18, 2016
When you are broke the first thing you do is sell all you have, there is no point building the roads if inflict people with poverty. People are hungry.
How can FGN do analysis and peg dollar to naira at 285 naira for the oil marketers, are they the one supplying the dollars to the oil marketers? The reality is when these marketers enter the BDC market to source for dollars, the volume of dollars they require will be so large that they will distort the current price of dollar. From what I anticipate 1 dollar will go as 500 naira, now the problem, how do you tell an oil marketer who bought dollar at 500 or 450 to keep selling fuel at 145, that insane, he will either jack up the price or not import fuel. I also don’t remember diesel crashing. Also the logic that only people in lagos and Abuja is baseless. The minister has forgotten that there will be a cascading increment in the prices. If people outside Lagos are buying currently at 130 when petrol was 87 now t that the price is 145 they will buying at 200.
Also if dollar goes that high, that itself will lead to hyperinflation and further inflict pain on the people. I think the honorable minister is undermining the unionism of these oil importers. These guys are a cabal and the market is big enough for everyone to sell at a fixed price and quantity.
The government should think harder. We need suggestions and not critics.
The true cause of the problem Is the high dollar exchange rate, if I were the government I will sell the refineries to foreign investors who will give me lots of dollars in return, this billions of dollars I get I will use to stabilize the forex problem. The foreigners who buys will fix the refineries and begin to refine and sell petrol locally, it is a win win situation very dumb government. The only causality are off course the refinery workers who I don’t think will all be asked to leave. This I think is a temporary way out, while the government begin to make the nation less import driven, begin to build additional refineries and hope the price of crude will rise.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by MissJones: 10:07pm On May 18, 2016
However, the government claimed that what it did was price increase and not the removal of subsidy or deregulation of the downstream sector of the petroleum industry.

Are people not seeing the above?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by demydea: 10:11pm On May 18, 2016
TheMainMan:
..Liverpool why... cry cry cry

Your ticket don red abi tongue
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 18, 2016
MissJones:
However, the government claimed that what it did was price increase and not the removal of subsidy or deregulation of the downstream sector of the petroleum industry.

Are people not seeing the above?

but hw can government dictate the price when gov is not the one bringing the petrol in?

idont get

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by babasolo(m): 10:14pm On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:
Yes, they can afford it.

As for me, I can't stand the heat, and I don't have N145 for combustion.

Therefore, I support anything that will reduce the price of fuel.

The Government can continue to deceive the people; all I know is that subsidy can be removed without skyrocketing prices to N145/litre.

But u had money to buy fuel at 300? I bought fuel for up to 3weeks for 250-300, its beta de subsidy go jor, they is fuel in makurdi now, I have not seen queue, no body is even sleeping at de petrol station again
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 18, 2016
babasolo:

But u had money to buy fuel at 300? I bought fuel for up to 3weeks for 250-300, its beta de subsidy go jor, they is fuel in makurdi now, I have not seen queue, no body is even sleeping at de petrol station again

You have fuel now becos the fuel currently being sold to you was brought in by nnpc, and sold to the markters for less than 87, they had been brought into the country some 6 to 8 weeks back, the true impact of this thing will be felt when the current stock finishes and marketers begin to source for dollar to bring their own petrol in.'

i see fuel going as far as 250 or even higher before the end of next month.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by akilo1: 10:22pm On May 18, 2016
Bad news for ipob and the nairalander wailer association won' t like this news,removing of subsidy is simple understanding just like if you go to school you must know ABCD,some thieves are smiling to thier bank account why you are here protesting and wailing
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by uncjay(m): 10:24pm On May 18, 2016
valarmorghulis:
I don't really understand what's going on, the government said they haven't removed subsidy and they want us to by fuel @145

O ooh! Tnk u.....if we buy @145 when its not removed, how much are we going to be buying it when they remove subsidy. Seriously, this administration is a joke.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by GWMI(m): 10:25pm On May 18, 2016
The most corrupt arm of Govt in Nigeria(legislative), supporting another corrupt arm in nigeria(the Executive) they both suit each very, very corrupt arms.In another news the strike and protest, hold in 24 states plus the FCT by tommorrow it is 36 state plus the FCT.Ayuba you won my heart and you beat our expectation this is just the begining.LET THE STRIKE AND PROTEST CONTINUE.Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by kings09(m): 10:27pm On May 18, 2016
But ur post jst said it's not subsidy removal nor deregulation, jst a price hike wch means anoda 'subsidy removal' cld hapn again. Can u clarify us on dis?
dre11:
good one by the rep

No to subsidy

let labour do whatever it intends to do...... because we reject subsidy in its totality

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 18, 2016
akilo1:
Bad news for ipob and the nairalander wailer association won' t like this news,removing of subsidy is simple understanding just like if you go to school you must know ABCD,some thieves are smiling to thier bank account why you are here protesting and wailing

I think you are ignorant of the fact currently there is no corruption case in this, nnpc has been the sole importer of petrol since buhari got into power, hence the corruption we use to have in GEJ 's regime is no more, no thief is smilling to any bank. Government brings the fuel and sells to the marketers, government is the one trying to pass the burden to the citizens
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by adconline(m): 10:36pm On May 18, 2016
dre11:
good one by the rep

No to subsidy

What an arrogant display of voodoo economic! Same govt that is against pricing Naira close to $ in the parallel market for fear of inflation is now willing to increase PMS prices by 67% when everything in Naija is dependent on petroleum.. This has far-reaching impact on the economy than Forex. This govt is bereft of how to run the economy.. With a recession-bound economy that's tethering on the edge of collapse, the last time you want to do is inciting the organized labor and public against you.. This is reminiscent of what's is going in Venezuela or another historical reminder of what happened in 1980s when rationing and capital controls were promulgated
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by gwatanayoel: 10:46pm On May 18, 2016
Pls Mr. President how long will the scarcity last
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Adek15(m): 10:54pm On May 18, 2016
omenka:
And one Authorityngr.com was busy misinforming the people from a certain part of the country that the parliament has asked Baba to either revert back to the old price or face impeachment.

What a shame.
idon't really understand something here.. Is FG removing subsidy or they are just increasing the price of pms cos it seems I read something like that in the article's second paragraph
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Strongfaze(m): 10:54pm On May 18, 2016
tellwisdom:
Buhari, Na God go punish you and your family. I can't even cook stew without pouring half keg of water so it wld be enough. I dey put fuel under my bed now so that they don't steal it. Bastardd of a president angry
someone like you will buy a bottle of beer for #250 which is not beneficial to you, but you want to kill yourself because fuel is #145.
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by mcgaius: 11:07pm On May 18, 2016
dre11:

http://www.punchng.com/fuel-price-reps-declare-support-fg/

I am quite surprised that a lot of Nigerians cannot be patient to at least read a paragraph of an article.Am so concerned about this quote "However, the government claimed that what it did was price increase and not the removal of subsidy or deregulation of the downstream sector of the petroleum industry."

This government is taking the masses for a ride.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by mcgaius: 11:11pm On May 18, 2016
Strongfaze:
someone like you will buy a bottle of beer for #250 which is not beneficial to you, but you want to kill yourself because fuel is #145.
This is obviously coming from a treker.How can you explain the fact that a car you fuel for about 6000 naira can now be fueled at an exorbitant rate of 12000 naira at full thank.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by damade16(m): 11:14pm On May 18, 2016
Bird of dsame feathers.
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by nephemmy(m): 11:16pm On May 18, 2016
THE STRIKE MUST CONTINUE COS THESE LEADERS ARE JUST NOT CONSIDERATE AT ALL, THESE HEARTLESS AND GREEDY BASTARDS..WITH THE POOR AND EPILEPTIC POWER SUPPLY VS PMS PRICE HIKE, PLUS UNPAID WORKERS SALARY..HOW DO U WANT THE CITIZENS TO LIVE...
FEAR GOD YOU LEADERS..
E BEERU OLORUN..

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by mcgaius: 11:18pm On May 18, 2016
Strongfaze:
This is obviously coming from a treker.How can you explain the fact that a car you fuel for about 6000 naira can now be fueled at an exorbitant rate of 12000 naira at full tank.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by worksmart(m): 11:20pm On May 18, 2016
Diversion to neighbouring countries is the problem as fuel sells for average N181 per litre, so because of that 145 may not be high enough to stop diversion. I hope other measures are also being applied.

All marketers found to be diverting product should be immediately taken over and run by NNPC.
overcomer123:

You have fuel now becos the fuel currently being sold to you was brought in by nnpc, and sold to the markters for less than 87, they had been brought into the country some 6 to 8 weeks back, the true impact of this thing will be felt when the current stock finishes and marketers begin to source for dollar to bring their own petrol in.'

i see fuel going as far as 250 or even higher before the end of next month.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by erico2k2(m): 11:25pm On May 18, 2016
dre11:
good one by the rep

No to subsidy

think out of the Box bro, wash your eyes very well, CANT YOU SEE THAT THESE THIEVES DO NOT BUY FUEL,Its in thier allowance so why would they car how much petrol is when the govt pays for them. so if they are in power for 8 years free petrol for 8 years in all of their cars.If the govt stops paying 4 them see if they wont sing a new song.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by erico2k2(m): 11:25pm On May 18, 2016
nephemmy:
THE STRIKE MUST CONTINUE COS THESE LEADERS ARE JUST NOT CONSIDERATE AT ALL, THESE HEARTLESS AND GREEDY BASTARDS..WITH THE POOR AND EPILEPTIC POWER SUPPLY VS PMS PRICE HIKE, PLUS UNPAID WORKERS SALARY..HOW DO U WANT THE CITIZENS TO LIVE...
FEAR GOD YOU LEADERS..
E BEERU OLORUN..
The Sad part is they pay nothing.they get it all for free.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 18, 2016
worksmart:
Diversion to neighbouring countries is the problem as fuel sells for average N181 per litre, so because of that 145 may not be high enough to stop diversion. I hope other measures are also being applied.

All marketers found to be diverting product should be immediately taken over and run by NNPC.

i doubt there are diversion and if there it is , it will be very minimal, still go check ur fact, the diversion done in the past was by sea, using ships to neighbouring african country but this has been addressed as nnpc brings the petrol in, a tanker with 30,000 litres of fuel is nt something you can smuggle out of the countries dat easy, you need good road and the customs and dpr are watching. The headache is the forex, nnpc doesnt hv forex so they want the marketers to go source for the forex in the black market.
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 18, 2016
Thieves support robbers! I don't expect less!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 18, 2016
erico2k2:

think out of the Box bro, wash your eyes very well, CANT YOU SEE THAT THESE THIEVES DO NOT BUY FUEL,Its in thier allowance so why would they car how much petrol is when the govt pays for them. so if they are in power for 8 years free petrol for 8 years in all of their cars.If the govt stops paying 4 them see if they wont sing a new song.

The worse part is even after they leave office, government takes care of everything for them, pension for life, one house in abuja and one house in their state, 3 official cars to be changed in 5 years, what nonsense!, and some blind people are just flowing buhari blindly. i vited him in but on this master i think they are only gambling like they did with power.

i think they shd rethink and restrategise some things dont add up

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by owanedo: 12:04am On May 19, 2016
bright007:
What a failed country!
not my great country, Nigeria. weep no more, my dear.
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by chiedu7: 12:16am On May 19, 2016
tellwisdom:
Buhari, Na God go punish you and your family. I can't even cook stew without pouring half keg of water so it wld be enough. I dey put fuel under my bed now so that they don't steal it. Bastardd of a president angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election: IPOB Insists On Election Boycott / Governor Okowa Receives Godwin Obaseki At Delta State Government House (video) / FCTA Bans Open Grazing In Abuja, Establishes RUGA In Three Area Councils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.