Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish (23773 Views)

Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got / I Was Asked To Sign Non Disclosure Agreement For A Job I Got / 3 Strategies Second-career Nurses Can Use To Market Skills Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Nobody: 9:33am On May 19, 2016
Nigerian graduates can feel big for nothing looking for 500k job. When I was in China for a program you see graduates that sell fish and frogs in markets.

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Leoswaggs(m): 9:34am On May 19, 2016
maxwell767:
This is why this country will never develop.... How can u put an advert for marketing of fresh fish for a graduate .... All in the name of employment... Nooo u for kuku say u need fish sellers, #eleja# #onye azu ndu# #Mai kifi#.... cheesy
hunger neva blow this one..mummy's boy

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Koolking(m): 9:36am On May 19, 2016
SMH for Nigerians. Mere job advert, they start blaming the country. There's nothing absolutely wrong with the job advertorial. There's no law in Nigeria that specify how to place a job advert. The advertorial does not in any way compel any reader to apply. What is wrong is the op finding everything wrong in the advertorial and blaming the country for such advertorial.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Bayoristic(m): 9:37am On May 19, 2016
This government has let us down what a shame to the government
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by themistocles: 9:39am On May 19, 2016
youth of nowadays..... wat is wrong wif d employment opportunity nowDats y if dey say who wanna b an entrepreneur.. many wuld cum out buh few has dat entrepreneurial spirit....Fish is a daily Need Nigerians can't do wifout....der is a business opportunity in DAT n u can make ur cool cash.... buh my pple perish for lack of knowledge... all of dem dey find Bank work WHR dey go jus relax doin notin n collecting salary ... no business or financial plan.....sorry naija

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by egopersonified(f): 9:40am On May 19, 2016
Is it not the same graduates that are marketing Titus Sardine?
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by robosky02(m): 9:41am On May 19, 2016
VocalWalls:

Yes oh!

Who shakara help?

by the way who cares

as long as the money flows

the same friend that are laughing win soon stop over

.."bro I fit get transport fare from your side" grin

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by pedrilo: 9:41am On May 19, 2016
make graduate come sell fish?
kuku kill us.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by themistocles: 9:41am On May 19, 2016
Bayoristic:
This government has let us down what a shame to the government
.......wat is wrong wif dat brolemme tell u making money is all abt rendering a service n solving needs....well naija peeps dey feel big dey wait for bank work wey bank go use dem finish ...sack u ...no retirement plan

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Trexate: 9:42am On May 19, 2016
Money doesn't announce whether it's from fish sales or bricklaying or banking...

There is dignity in labour...

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Analee(f): 9:42am On May 19, 2016
av already applied,no b graduat i go chop,cos its js a way of avin an extra income,lik its a part tym job bt nt yt sure

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by robosky02(m): 9:44am On May 19, 2016
egopersonified:
Is it not the same graduates that are marketing Titus Sardine?

ok

its all in the packaging

just go out get our supply channels

eg

Mr.Biggs, UAC food, Top hotels

and make your calls get order and supply then just chill...

haba and giving out ideas already haha haha haha grin
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by rman: 9:48am On May 19, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3730385_tmpdoodle1463601865346_jpegcf142880f865aac5636d5f92c9981b54

OP what should we be seeing?

OP is remarkably dumb.

This post speaks volumes of the OP's intellect. I wouldnt employ him to wash car's in my company.

OP, Fish marketing is a very tasking job. Its not about carrying fish on your head to go hawk on the streets but rather going about like 'Bank Marketers' do to source for new clients. Not just Market women but corporate clients that would buy in bulk and even issue the Fish Comapny a Purchase Order.

Restaurants like Jevenik, Mama Cass and the likes are a very good customer base. They will need this fishes on demand. They will be willing to enter into a frame Agreement with the Farm and issue the farm a running Purchase Order for supply.

Exporters are another large market. Find Clients in the U.K, U.S, Canada and Asia to supply these products and expand the Companies reach to international markets.

I would take out Branding, Advertising and Merchandising as that should be contracted out to professionals.

This Job is not easy, but I will not take it because it only pays on Sales Commission. The Company should have a salary for its Marketers and then add a sales commission to it.

Almighty God will continue to increase your knowledge and wisdom.

There is a reason why poor people are poor and sometimes I believe people always deserve what they got.

See them complaining about an opportunity to make something out of life....their is so much to be done and gradutes are epxected to transform indutires they become part of.

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by themistocles: 9:49am On May 19, 2016
most of dem dat went to skul r not financially literate...
sumbody can start up a business polishing,repairing and manufacturing shoes or even car wash sef... everitin has to do wif Vision n packaging ur services....letting it b different frm d normal aboki own....Nigerians r still vin problem wif dis....
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Nobody: 9:53am On May 19, 2016
Lol. end time vacancy.
who marketing job EPP??
how e take concern my bet biz that pays wella
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by joey150(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2016
Graduates see themselves as demi-gods in Nigeria.

Lol 30% of them cheated their way through school..the other 30% were not property taught or couldnt be bothered about learning.

Only a few reason logically. If its so called graduates that are here daily ranting ipob and wailers.. Then you all are a big disgrace and no better than the illiterate on the street.

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Nobody: 10:02am On May 19, 2016
There is nothing wrong with the vacancy at all.
It wasn't strictly for BSc holders..
According to the vacancy, its a marketing job...
Imagine a salary of 50K for a graduate that takes the opportunity
A KG of fish in the farm goes for N300... You have some friends, customers and big hotels that sells fish peppersoup and BBQ
You strike a deal with them to supply 1KG at N500 since you do home deliveries ...
In a week you sell 210KG of fish at N500..

That's N168.000/Month extra..... Damn, those bankers have got no hold on me

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by janefarms2015: 10:05am On May 19, 2016
maxwell767:
This is why this country will never develop.... How can u put an advert for marketing of fresh fish for a graduate .... All in the name of employment... Nooo u for kuku say u need fish sellers, #eleja# #onye azu ndu# #Mai kifi#.... cheesy
with due respect, its bcs of d mentality of people like u that Nigeria wl not develop but thank God ppl are more innovative now. Wats wrong wt d advert? Do u know the number of people that consume fish daily in ds country? Do u know we spend billion of dollars importing fish? An intelligent and innovative graduate will make several thousands of naira monthly wt this offer

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by afanide: 10:07am On May 19, 2016
I dont see anything wrong with that. People should understand that you must start somewhere for God to lift you.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by lorelle(f): 10:08am On May 19, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3730385_tmpdoodle1463601865346_jpegcf142880f865aac5636d5f92c9981b54

OP what should we be seeing?

OP is remarkably dumb.

This post speaks volumes of the OP's intellect. I wouldnt employ him to wash car's in my company.

OP, Fish marketing is a very tasking job just like every other Marketing job.

Its not about carrying fish on your head to go hawk on the streets but rather going about like 'Bank Marketers' do to source for new clients. Not just Market women but corporate clients that would buy in bulk and even issue the Fish Company a Purchase Order.

Restaurants like Jevenik, Mama Cass, Kilimanjaro, e.t.c and the likes are a very good customer base. They will need this fishes on demand daily. Large catering Companies like Genesis, UAC Foods, S.J Abed, e.t.c are even better.. They will be willing to enter into a frame Agreement with the Farm and issue the farm a running Purchase Order for supply.

Exporters are another large market. Find Clients in the U.K, U.S, Canada and Asia to supply these products and expand the Companies reach to international markets.

I would take out Branding, Advertising and Merchandising as that should be contracted out to professionals.

This Job is not easy, but I will not take it because it only pays on Sales Commission. The Company should have a salary for its Marketers and then add a sales commission to it.

GOD bless you.... Some people are just myopic.... There are people who have won contracts to supply this same fresh fish to offshore catering companies in addition to the ones u already mentioned with good marketing skills and packaging...and they are living well, training their kids....

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Adesiji77: 10:09am On May 19, 2016
The hustle is real...
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by maxwell767(m): 10:23am On May 19, 2016
janefarms2015:
with due respect, its bcs of d mentality of people like u that Nigeria wl not develop but thank God ppl are more innovative now. Wats wrong wt d advert? Do u know the number of people that consume fish daily in ds country? Do u know we spend billion of dollars importing fish? An intelligent and innovative graduate will make several thousands of naira monthly wt this offer
well said, but from ur own view, but my point is that i cant market a fish.... u can take that as a job, but nt a career and career is my aim thanks
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by maxwell767(m): 10:27am On May 19, 2016
Leoswaggs:
hunger neva blow this one..mummy's boy
i cant remember asking u for food.... undecided
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by bmaks: 10:30am On May 19, 2016
Lets value the ingenuity and vision of the fish farmer that's believes only a graduate is qualified enough to
bring to play in a world he is envisaging! Kudos to you sir!!!

Abeg wetin be graduate
Who be graduate?
Wetin be the work of graduate?

All in life gets beta thru nice packaging!!!
The banking system you know today was once ALAJO in the past but an innovative forward thinking "LITERATE" not just a so called "graduate" ooo
change the game and now you have the likes of GTB.

Before, God is good motors and others were just packed full with Agberos but now they have websites, u book online...graduates are working there, Bank Managers and Directors are running after them, you siddon there dey say Graduate wan sell Fish!....Ok naaa

No be inside show-glass dem take dey sell meatpie wen we bn dey small?? Mr Biggs, Tantalizer, KFC change game now and you will be proud as a graduate to work for dem abi?

DESPISE NOT THE DAYS OF LITTLE BEGINNING........

DROP YOUR EGO AND BOOK, GO COLLECT THE JOB NOW.

IN SHORT I WILL ADVISE YOU TO DITCH THE CERTIFICATE AND GO CREATE YOUR OWN BUSINESS, SOONEST GRADUATES WILL BE BEGGING TO WORK FOR YOU!
[size=16pt]
SEE MY LOOK FOR ALL THOSE WHO CLAIM GRADUATE DON SUFFER!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Nobody: 10:35am On May 19, 2016
I see nothing wrong with it, someone has to market the fish_ if it's a graduate, better. I don't think the manager of a big eatery would take them serious if they send some SSCE holders to market their product(s)_ I guess that's why they want graduates to cater for high end customers .

The only problem I have with it is the pay, there should be a basic salary, then commission added to it.
I can market the fish if the pay is right, I need money to survive.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by macaranta(m): 10:37am On May 19, 2016
Smh...this post was on NL too.All time low for Nigerian graduates.

Check my signature
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by loomer: 10:37am On May 19, 2016
The only part I don't like is the COMMISSION based pay.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by johnshagb(m): 10:44am On May 19, 2016
abuayman:
OH My God. Can I say, abuse??

Waho ne grin

Hope i'm correct?
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by janvier27(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2016
Looking at the job analysis/design, remuneration should not be totally based on commission.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Temmytea70(m): 11:06am On May 19, 2016
baur:
Ereja emu garri o..... grin

grin grin grin grin... . I bet not all understands this... . It got me cracking my ribs grin grin
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by bluebabyboy1: 11:22am On May 19, 2016
[s]
maxwell767:

one day u go see meat marketers #eleran# #onye anu# #Mai nama#
[/s]

And when the graduate that applies for this same job suddenly makes it big through the connections they make while on the job, you will still come here to shout ''corruption!'' Havent you heard of ''start small, grow big''? undecided The problem with majority of Nigerians is that we always try to place ourselves higher than where we should be!!!

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by spartoo: 11:36am On May 19, 2016
maxwell767:

it is not a reason the country will never develop.. it is a job opportunity. take it or leave it, not by force. is it not better than washing toilets?

u think there ar no such jobs in th countries u would call developed?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Life Skills Are Not Taught In School? / Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? / Police Recruitment: ‘candidates Don’t Know Names Of Nigeria President, CJN’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.