Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish (23802 Views)

Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got / I Was Asked To Sign Non Disclosure Agreement For A Job I Got / 3 Strategies Second-career Nurses Can Use To Market Skills Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by maxwell767(m): 11:38am On May 19, 2016
bluebabyboy1:
[s][/s]

And when the graduate that applies for this same job suddenly makes it big through the connections they make while on the job, you will still come here to shout ''corruption!'' Havent you heard of ''start small, grow big''? undecided The problem with majority of Nigerians is that we always try to place ourselves higher than where we should be!!!
young man, this is a forum where u drop ur opinions.... U see that as nothing becus all ur life have been enveloped with "no choice" for some people they have choice and it works perfectly for them... So please give people a chance to express their self don't act like the present govt.. Thank you
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by glamz007(m): 11:40am On May 19, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3730385_tmpdoodle1463601865346_jpegcf142880f865aac5636d5f92c9981b54

OP what should we be seeing?

OP is remarkably dumb.

This post speaks volumes of the OP's intellect. I wouldnt employ him to wash car's in my company.

OP, Fish marketing is a very tasking job just like every other Marketing job.

Its not about carrying fish on your head to go hawk on the streets but rather going about like 'Bank Marketers' do to source for new clients. Not just Market women but corporate clients that would buy in bulk and even issue the Fish Company a Purchase Order.

Restaurants like Jevenik, Mama Cass, Kilimanjaro, e.t.c and the likes are a very good customer base. They will need this fishes on demand daily. Large catering Companies like Genesis, UAC Foods, S.J Abed, e.t.c are even better.. They will be willing to enter into a frame Agreement with the Farm and issue the farm a running Purchase Order for supply.

Exporters are another large market. Find Clients in the U.K, U.S, Canada and Asia to supply these products and expand the Companies reach to international markets.

I would take out Branding, Advertising and Merchandising as that should be contracted out to professionals.

This Job is not easy, but I will not take it because it only pays on Sales Commission. The Company should have a salary for its Marketers and then add a sales commission to it.

because it only pays on sales commission, dz why it's stupid for a university Graduate to take up such job
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Wizkoko(m): 11:41am On May 19, 2016
oluyale:
If you are not smart, of course you will sell crayfish even with a master degree grin

It's not the certificate alone , it's your brain. I know some graduate will still rush for the job. #besmart

I know smart guys will not take such jobs, except if the salary is in millions cheesy cheesy grin Abi no be so?

It's not the job. It's the salary.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by refreshrate: 11:44am On May 19, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
I see nothing wrong with it, someone has to market the fish_ if it's a graduate, better. I don't think the manager of a big eatery would take them serious if they send some SSCE holders to market their product(s)_ I guess that's why they want graduates to cater for high end customers .

The only problem I have with it is the pay, there should be a basic salary, then commission added to it.
I can market the fish if the pay is right, I need money to survive.

Babe I've always been a fan but this your post get as e be...in fact make I talk am you fall my hand.

So someone goes to school thru all the stress, miss sleep, face harassment from lecturers, some even miss Christmas holidays etc only to graduate to come & be selling fish?

Do you realise this is like a type of curse they can use in mountain of fire for someone's enemy ?

Are we going backwards as a country or what precisely ?

Do you also justify dressing of masquerade as a profession ?

Pls people most of the people subjecting us to these standards did not go to school, nepa bill can & will never substitute for a college degree all those who supported this are no more literate than the nepa bill holder himself.

Please don't allow people who are not as educated or cultured as you put a dirty ceiling over your head it's appalling

Selling fish?

People that have been selling fish to you before how many go school to come sell fish?

What then was the point of your getting an education ?

Struggle pass jamb do post jamb fight to maintain GP then graduate to come & be selling fish.

#classiccurse
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by maxwell767(m): 11:44am On May 19, 2016
spartoo:

it is not a reason the country will never develop.. it is a job opportunity. take it or leave it, not by force. is it not better than washing toilets?

u think there ar no such jobs in th countries u would call developed?
well said.... But to me is no way... I mean there's nothing. Wrong in working in a fish factory Bt marketing fish... cry hmmmmmm.... Anyway kudos.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by tiwiex(m): 11:45am On May 19, 2016
kenben:
.Unemployment Crisis: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish

This was on page 51 of the guardian of Tuesday may 17, 2016. Graduates were asked to apply for the position of "fresh fish marketers. In as much as this is a "job", it speaks volumes of the level to which we have descended as a nation.

Come on people. Who no dey chop fish? It is a multi billion naira market. Graduate, graduate. Graduates seem to miss the point on business. The job descriptions seems very strategic and can be handled by someone quite enlightened. I see a need for market segmentation, market expansion and product design. Does it sound better now? It is not about fish. It is about products and sales.

Talking about fish. I know a GRADUATE that came back from America to look for a GRADUATE job. Sadly, it never happened. After a while, his father who sells fish in volumes inside Lagos island advised him. He made him understand that he sponsored him to school in America from selling fish and he was ready to hand over the business to him and his wife.

After serious thinking based on our mindset (and hunger to his family i guess), he accepted. My brothers and sisters, that guy has expanded the business all over Lekki now. He even went into the chicken business once he observed the demand.

Let us stop making it look like there is something special about graduates. Starbucks sells coffee. Na canteen be that now. Just some finesse and packaging, una go change mouth.

Let's stop discouraging ourselves from businesses that create value for ourselves and the country. If there was a better job from a GRADUATE perspective, why dem no advertise am na?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Nobody: 11:54am On May 19, 2016
refreshrate:

Babe I've always been a fan but this your post get as e be...in fact make I talk am you fall my hand.

So someone goes to school thru all the stress, miss sleep, face harassment from lecturers, some even miss Christmas holidays etc only to graduate to come & be selling fish?

Do you realise this is like a type of curse they can use in mountain of fire for someone's enemy ?

Are we going backwards as a country or what precisely ?

Do you also justify dressing of masquerade as a profession ?

Pls people most of the people subjecting us to these standards did not go to school, nepa bill can & will never substitute for a college degree all those who supported this are no more literate than the nepa bill holder himself.

Please don't allow people who are not as educated or cultured as you put a dirty ceiling over your head it's appalling

Selling fish?

People that have been selling fish to you before how many go school to come sell fish?

What then was the point of your getting an education ?

Struggle pass jamb do post jamb fight to maintain GP then graduate to come & be selling fish.

#classiccurse
Not selling fish, marketing fish. grin
Even if it's selling fish, there are different ways of selling fish...we have "eleja" that carries on the head, or in a small corner somewhere in the market, we also have those that have cold rooms.

What's wrong in marketing wholesale fish kwanu? Don't you eat fish?

Lols @ mountain of fire.
Sincerely, I see nothing wrong with it.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by MadCow1: 11:55am On May 19, 2016
glamz007:
because it only pays on sales commission, dz why it's stupid for a university Graduate to take up such job

Like seriously?

grin grin grin

SO you believe that a layman can market a product better than a Graduate?

Just imagine that you are able to secure a good frame agreement with a Catering Company or a Hotel like Eko Hotel in Lagos, Nicon Hilton in Abuja, Intercontinental in Lagos, Golden Tulip in Port harcourt, Le Meridian in Uyo and Port Harcourt and you get a commission on every order they make, can you calculate how much money this would round up to in constant daily commission earned? And you still have your time to yourself to dabble into other things at the same time.

I think many Nigerian Graduates are just trained to be lazy. To never look beyond a pay check at the Bigger Picture. Infact, I dont think they have the ability to appreciate the bigger picture.

All I would advice any Graduate who is interested in this Job to do is to enter into a negotiation with the Company such that;

1. They give you a Monthly allowance to cover travel expenses (Minimum wage is fine).

2. That any and all clients you bring in, you would be the sole manager of their accounts and that you get a 10 or 15% commission on ever order placed by your clients.

3. With every client you bring in, your Monthly fixed allowance must increase as your responsibility increases towards your clients.

4. In case of the Companies inability to meet the demand of your clients, you reserve the right to source for alternative supply sources to meet their demand.

Basically, get creative. Just sitting here in my office, I already have a client penciled down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by mamawin(f): 11:59am On May 19, 2016
lol.. @maxwell, don't be surprised thousands of Bsc holders have applied already. at least it's better than none. very funny
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 19, 2016
abuayman:
OH My God. Can I say, abuse??
Your signature made my day. I rep Ebira!

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by harmony940(m): 12:08pm On May 19, 2016
Bro,there is nothing wrong....try to be creative and be an employer of labour.....believe you me,you will employ masters and PhD holder's...That is the trend Nigeria is going...in like 5 years to come, the paper certificate will loose its value in comparism to what you can offer either with your hands or your God given brain....love you all.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Phonon: 12:53pm On May 19, 2016
Eja Tutu Consultant grin grin grin
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by koolaid87: 1:05pm On May 19, 2016
maxwell767:
This is why this country will never develop.... How can u put an advert for marketing of fresh fish for a graduate .... All in the name of employment... Nooo u for kuku say u need fish sellers, #eleja# #onye azu ndu# #Mai kifi#.... cheesy

Thanks to the op, some people don dey copy the email down, ready to apply..

Person must survive
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:12pm On May 19, 2016
NA VACANCY FOR PURE WATER MARKETERS REMAIN.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 19, 2016
johnshagb:

Waho ne grin

Hope i'm correct?

Madahi
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Freeboystyle(m): 2:07pm On May 19, 2016
just passing
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 19, 2016
Keneking:
There is nothing wrong in the advert

But there may be something wrong in the fish head.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by wiZbanky(m): 5:29pm On May 19, 2016
baur:
Ereja emu garri o..... grin
ereja dindin emu garri osan o....sardine yin o won elo oo... grin
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by munex007(m): 5:51pm On May 19, 2016
There is nothing wrong with the advert..

Nigeria spend more than 500 million dollars importing frozen fish...The supply gap is more than 1.4 million tons..There is a great potential for fish in the country..

I develop a detailed business plan on cat fish farming...If your interested send me an email munex007@yahoo.com
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by Adelakun2016(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3730385_tmpdoodle1463601865346_jpegcf142880f865aac5636d5f92c9981b54

OP what should we be seeing?

OP is remarkably dumb.

This post speaks volumes of the OP's intellect. I wouldnt employ him to wash car's in my company.

OP, Fish marketing is a very tasking job just like every other Marketing job.

Its not about carrying fish on your head to go hawk on the streets but rather going about like 'Bank Marketers' do to source for new clients. Not just Market women but corporate clients that would buy in bulk and even issue the Fish Company a Purchase Order.

Restaurants like Jevenik, Mama Cass, Kilimanjaro, e.t.c and the likes are a very good customer base. They will need this fishes on demand daily. Large catering Companies like Genesis, UAC Foods, S.J Abed, e.t.c are even better.. They will be willing to enter into a frame Agreement with the Farm and issue the farm a running Purchase Order for supply.

Exporters are another large market. Find Clients in the U.K, U.S, Canada and Asia to supply these products and expand the Companies reach to international markets.

I would take out Branding, Advertising and Merchandising as that should be contracted out to professionals.

This Job is not easy, but I will not take it because it only pays on Sales Commission. The Company should have a salary for its Marketers and then add a sales commission to it.

Hmmm...A-Z of what you need. I like it.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by glamz007(m): 6:57am On May 20, 2016
MadCow1:

Like seriously?

grin grin grin

SO you believe that a layman can market a product better than a Graduate?

Just imagine that you are able to secure a good frame agreement with a Catering Company or a Hotel like Eko Hotel in Lagos, Nicon Hilton in Abuja, Intercontinental in Lagos, Golden Tulip in Port harcourt, Le Meridian in Uyo and Port Harcourt and you get a commission on every order they make, can you calculate how much money this would round up to in constant daily commission earned? And you still have your time to yourself to dabble into other things at the same time.

I think many Nigerian Graduates are just trained to be lazy. To never look beyond a pay check at the Bigger Picture. Infact, I dont think they have the ability to appreciate the bigger picture.

All I would advice any Graduate who is interested in this Job to do is to enter into a negotiation with the Company such that;

1. They give you a Monthly allowance to cover travel expenses (Minimum wage is fine).

2. That any and all clients you bring in, you would be the sole manager of their accounts and that you get a 10 or 15% commission on ever order placed by your clients.

3. With every client you bring in, your Monthly fixed allowance must increase as your responsibility increases towards your clients.

4. In case of the Companies inability to meet the demand of your clients, you reserve the right to source for alternative supply sources to meet their demand.

Basically, get creative. Just sitting here in my office, I already have a client penciled down.
How many big organizations pay dia marketers(graduates) based on sales commission? I bet u can not mention one. dz cos its a stupid thing to do. You have to pay sumtin no mata how small
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by MadCow1: 8:23am On May 20, 2016
glamz007:
How many big organizations pay dia marketers(graduates) based on sales commission? I bet u can not mention one. dz cos its a stupid thing to do. You have to pay sumtin no mata how small

Lol..

Ask those of us who have worked abroad in Marketing.

Payment based on sales commission is not new at all, even some Nigerian Businesses do it. Infact, no smart business owner would opt for anything different for marketers. Reason being that Marketers are not office based employees. Nothing stops them from marketing multiple products (some of which may not be your products) on your time.

The second option to commission based payment is to set impractical periodic targets that most marketers fail to attain. Example: Banks.

Most Marketers are more than happy to work on a commission especially if the product is easy to market such as this one and not something like Insurance. The job gives them time to work on personal hustles whilst marketing a product, building a client and customer based that they can one day exploit for themselves. Imagine that you are able to secure 10 high profile clients for this fish company whilst learning from the fish Company how they operate and growing your own personal fish farm on the side. Later on, you can simply re-market your fish to your clients and voila, you are in business for yourself.

There is no limit to what you can achieve even in the worst of situations as long as you are able to think outside the box.

I hate my new job primarily because it took away my time flexibility and made my personal business suffer.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by glamz007(m): 9:49am On May 20, 2016
MadCow1:

Lol..

Ask those of us who have worked abroad in Marketing.

Payment based on sales commission is not new at all, even some Nigerian Businesses do it. Infact, no smart business owner would opt for anything different for marketers. Reason being that Marketers are not office based employees. Nothing stops them from marketing multiple products (some of which may not be your products) on your time.

The second option to commission based payment is to set impractical periodic targets that most marketers fail to attain. Example: Banks.

Most Marketers are more than happy to work on a commission especially if the product is easy to market such as this one and not something like Insurance. The job gives them time to work on personal hustles whilst marketing a product, building a client and customer based that they can one day exploit for themselves. Imagine that you are able to secure 10 high profile clients for this fish company whilst learning from the fish Company how they operate and growing your own personal fish farm on the side. Later on, you can simply re-market your fish to your clients and voila, you are in business for yourself.

There is no limit to what you can achieve even in the worst of situations as long as you are able to think outside the box.

I hate my new job primarily because it took away my time flexibility and made my personal business suffer.
The bank u mentioned pay dia staffs salary. I've not gone abroad so i wouldnt know. maybe u should jz mention one company abroad wia d staff does not earn a salary but depends on commission gotten from sales . Google is ma friend
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by MadCow1: 9:58am On May 20, 2016
glamz007:
The bank u mentioned pay dia staffs salary. I've not gone abroad so i wouldnt know. maybe u should jz mention one company abroad wia d staff does not earn a salary but depends on commission gotten from sales . Google is ma friend

Uncle, Even if I do name companies abroad that do it, chances are you wouldn't know them.

My first job in Canada was in a furniture Company. I was paid only on commission on sales.

Its not new system. Its not alien.

Google can help you out.

You will see tons of articles, vacancies and debates on the subject.

Nuff Said..

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by glamz007(m): 10:24am On May 20, 2016
MadCow1:

Uncle, Even if I do name companies abroad that do it, chances are you wouldn't know them.

My first job in Canada was in a furniture Company. I was paid only on commission on sales.

Its not new system. Its not alien.

Google can help you out.

You will see tons of articles, vacancies and debates on the subject.

Nuff Said..

I've heard u. Dz why u should apply for d job then
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by MadCow1: 10:28am On May 20, 2016
glamz007:
I've heard u. Dz why u should apply for d job then

Job vacancies are for Jobless People not the employed and especially not for employers of labor either.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by glamz007(m): 5:54pm On May 20, 2016
MadCow1:

Job vacancies are for Jobless People not the employed and especially not for employers of labor either.
Lol. did u jz say that job vacancies r for unemployed?
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by MadCow1: 5:58pm On May 20, 2016
glamz007:

Lol. did u jz say that job vacancies r for unemployed?

Aren't they?

And also for those employed persons without job satisfaction.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by uc4uandc(f): 8:29am On May 21, 2016
Please dear graduate, do not disgrace ur self, ur families, ur relations, ur friends, the school u graduated from, ur degree n ur Marital status (lol).
Please don't learn to work hard, you have to be smart and place urslf above stupid jobs. When u have a nonsense job, soon u become a nonsense person and the whole essence of going to school will be absent.
Am only gonna ask 2 questions that will make u see this Job is an insult to graduates......and please remember how many years of hard assessments and examinations u did and how much ur tuition fee worth (for me my school na FUT 5yrs). So I ask u......

1) what's ur purpose of going to school?
2) Do you know what a degree means?

No matter how hungry the Lion is, it will not eat grass.
Re: Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish by tpiar: 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
So someone goes to school thru all the stress,. . . etc only to graduate to come & be selling fish?

It's embarrassing no doubt but still better than nothing?

Besides, people have to start from somewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Life Skills Are Not Taught In School? / Massive Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Accenture / GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.