Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ (14459 Views)

3 Players Wu Are Rich Before Football Made Them More Richer Includin Barca Star / Fc Ifeanyi Ubah's Football Made In Anambra Kicks Off, As Fans React (video) / Infantino With Ifeanyi Ubah: As FIFA Keys Into ‘Football Made In Anambra’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 18, 2016
THE newly elected Anambra State Football Association under the leadership of Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has unveiled a blue print towards fast-tracking the transformation of the game in the state. Amongst the programmes which are aimed at revolutionizing football in Anambra state is the highly anticipated “Football Made in Anambra” which seeks to foster grassroots football.

This competition, which will involve participants from over 50,000 families in Anambra state and in Diaspora, will set out to discover young and budding talents whose talents will be harnessed by the best hands in the country in an academy to be set up by the association.

“1 family-1 footballer” which is the theme of the programme aims to identify and develop one footballer from every family in a fiesta that will be hosted in every community for a period of two weeks with lots of giveaway prizes including over 50,000 branded footballs and jerseys for participants and their families. The programme is billed to attract legends from within and outside the shores of Nigeria as the association looks to completely change the face of football in Anambra state.

According to a communiqué released after the inaugural meeting of the Executive Committee on May 14; as part of its efforts to set the pace and ensure speedy growth of grassroots football in the state, the committee resolved to introduce series of programmes which includes ‘Football Made in Anambra’, ‘Anambra State Unity Cup’ as well as focus on the training and retraining of state football coaches, referees and administrators by renowned instructors from across the country.

The committee also agreed that in its bid to enhance administration as well as the credibility of the State FA, its secretariat has to be relocated to a more befitting edifice.

Chairman of the association, Dr. Ubah while addressing pressmen pointed out that the massive Games village coming up in Nnewi with over six football pitches will be a turning point towards attaining the glory that Anambra lost over the years. He further explained that the use of the pitches will be split into three categories, two pitches for children between the ages of 6 and 12, two other pitches for children/youths between the ages of 13 and 20 and the last two pitches will be used to harness amateur footballers. According to Dr. Ubah, all these programmes will be complemented by a Football Academy and School which would kick off soonest. On a lighter note, Dr. Ubah said that under his watch, Anambra state stands a great chance of producing at least five Messis and Ronaldos within the next five years. He further declared that his target is to ensure that football tourism grows to be the biggest contributor to Anambra State’s Internally Generated Revenue.

In a show of appreciation, Dr. Ubah thanked the Executive Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano for his promise and determination to support the association and its programmes aimed at revolutionising football in the state. “A journey of a million miles starts with one step and that visionary step we have taken”, Dr. Ubah said.

According to the document, various committees will be constituted for the smooth running of the FA to ensure the realization of an all-inclusive administration and vision of the Dr. Ubah-led administration. The committees which will be headed by members of the executive committee include Technical, Media and Publicity, Match Appointment, Organising, Disciplinary, Security, Finance and Restructuring committees.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/anambra-fa-introduces-football-made-anambra/

Cc:
Seun
Semid4lyfe
honeric01
Mynd44
Rockstation
Farano
Dre11

4 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 18, 2016
"Football made in Anambra" cheesy
Spot On! grin grin

Dr. Ubah said that under his watch, Anambra state stands a great chance of producing at least five Messis and Ronaldos within the next five years.

This got me cracking tho cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by 9inches(m): 6:07pm On May 19, 2016
Great news. We will teach the rest of Nigeria how to do it because we are the Light of the nation.

These Nigerian NL mods would not post this on frontpage because nothing good comes from the east. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Nobody: 11:25am On May 21, 2016
Sir lalasticlala...Help our anambra brothers cry cry
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Okosisiadada: 11:54am On May 21, 2016
Great news, I am certain that the Ubah led FA will do greater things.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 12:49pm On May 21, 2016
yah great ideas, lalala I ve got something for u
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by csamii: 2:38pm On May 21, 2016
KillerFrost:
Spot On! grin grin

Me too. What he doesn't know is that Messi and Ronaldo are the last of their kind.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Trendin(m): 2:38pm On May 21, 2016
Na phone camera dem go dey use record the matches
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Nnky25(f): 2:39pm On May 21, 2016
Waooh
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by titiakins: 2:39pm On May 21, 2016
No pictures?
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by bright007(f): 2:39pm On May 21, 2016
k
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by hardywaltz(m): 2:39pm On May 21, 2016
Anambra State truly the first amogst equals

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by prelinctus: 2:40pm On May 21, 2016
Nice way to diversify the economy of the state.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Alvyn69(m): 2:40pm On May 21, 2016
Smh! This is my P currently

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Funbii(m): 2:40pm On May 21, 2016
No pictures How we wan take know if na original undecided
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Owliver(m): 2:41pm On May 21, 2016
great initiative
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by cruzita(f): 2:42pm On May 21, 2016
this Is a great move and I see it becoming successful if given good sponsorship .

I wish wike can do same here in Rivers state .we can make good deals out of football here.well done ANAMBRA STATE

3 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 21, 2016
I'm not a soccer fan but I expected to see a Nike ball painted in Biafran colours. grin
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Stanleywaxy(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2016
My Home ... My Pride ...
Get to onitsha and see cool talents wasting day-by-day ...
Ifeanyi Ubah is doing a great Job too .
Who says they can't produce the Messi's and Rinaldo's of this world , it just requires Hardwork and Passion to get to the top .

3 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by freshdude99(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2016
Its an opportunity to show if u can deliver wen given the baton of cnc of Anambra state. I hope to follow up this laudable initiative, its really rare to see /hear such in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by macaranta(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2016
Great move

3 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by soleexx(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2016
I love nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by labamo07(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2016
Quite innovative. I like Ifeanyi Ubah's delivery..............

1 Like

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Stanleywaxy(m): 2:46pm On May 21, 2016
cruzita:
this Is a great move and I see it becoming successful if given good sponsorship .

I wish wike can do same here in Rivers state .we can make good deals out of football here.well done ANAMBRA STATE
Seems like you don't ever listen to the radio .
Haven't you heard of the El-Clasico trials Here in Rivers state .
They've been on Nigrinfo FM for the past few weeks .
Rivers state have developed much guys and girls too ..
Asisat Oshoala was from Rivers Angels ... One of the best female clubs in Nigeria now .
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by pizzylee(m): 2:47pm On May 21, 2016
no pics? cool innovation though..... more awareness

1 Like

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by nonjebose(m): 2:50pm On May 21, 2016
Funbii:
No pictures How we wan take know if na original undecided
Which pics? Not soccer balls, but football dev plan for anambra. You get it
Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Cokwologu(m): 2:50pm On May 21, 2016
Gburugburu Ifeanyi Ubah, carry on sir.. anyi so gi nazu.. Proud Anambranian!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by izzou(m): 2:53pm On May 21, 2016
Proudly Ogidi Proudly Anambra Proudly Nigerian

5 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by konflems: 2:54pm On May 21, 2016
Nice move sir

2 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by Viktor1983(m): 2:54pm On May 21, 2016
Nice one...
Anambra Adigo mma

4 Likes

Re: Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ by TrollTrap: 2:59pm On May 21, 2016
KillerFrost:
Spot On! grin grin

Why? Is it an impossible feat?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Morata Under Pressure To Justify Goal Scoring Statement / Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? / Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.