Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,401 members, 7,853,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:30 AM

7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More (1294 Views)

Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) / 9 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More / What You Need To Know About Mosquitoes Bite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by jideflash(m): 2:46am On May 19, 2016
Mosquitoes choose their prey — you — based on a whole bunch of factors. But there's good news: Some of the things that might make you especially attractive to them are things you can actually change. Scientific research has found evidence supporting several reasons why mosquitoes may seek you out.

These studies are often on different kinds of mosquitoes, however, so the actual things attracting them to you may vary depending on which species are nearby. And many of these studies are small, so these are preliminary hypotheses about what might be going on, not ironclad conclusions.

Since — depending on the types of mosquitoes in your area — these little flying beasts can transmit deadly diseases like Zika, malaria, yellow fever, dengue, Chikungunya, and West Nile virus, it would be wise to try to reduce your allure as much as you can. Here are seven things that could make you irresistible to the pests:

Re: 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by seunlayi(m): 3:01am On May 19, 2016
Thanks op, notice to all beer drinkers

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by saaedlee: 3:09am On May 19, 2016
seunlayi:
Thanks op, notice to all beer drinkers
Shey "beer" na the only word you see for this write-up? Kontinu
Re: 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by seunlayi(m): 4:00am On May 19, 2016
saaedlee:

Shey "beer" na the only word you see for this write-up? Kontinu
my friend, sleep still dey my eyes na

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by ibkgab001: 4:04am On May 19, 2016
Beer?
Re: 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by Nobody: 4:49am On May 19, 2016
I know mosquito some resistant people. I think I attract them more than most people.
Re: 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by marshalcarter: 5:05am On May 19, 2016
Muafrika2:
I know mosquito some resistant people. I think I attract them more than most people.
Goan slp. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by fr3do(m): 6:30am On May 19, 2016
my body naturally repels mosquitoes
Re: 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by bentlywills(m): 6:35am On May 19, 2016
So make I no drink beer sleep again ni

Ok ooo undecided

I no dz is a campaign against BEER grin cheesy[
[b][/b]
Re: 7 Things That Make Mosquitoes Bite You More by jideflash(m): 1:30pm On May 19, 2016
DAT beer part dey pain me too cry

(1) (Reply)

Cure For Malaria / Ladies, Are You Sexually Active Or Have Given Birth? This Product Is A Must Have / Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.