Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. (1264 Views)

Help! Pain In The Anus / Herpes: Skin Rashes And Hook Pain On Lower Left Abdomen. Please Help!!!! / 15 Years After Abortion, Indian Woman Finds Aborted Baby In Her Abdomen (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by AdaAde(f): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2018
I have this reoccurring pain either in the left or right side of my lower abdomen.
It happens consecutively, every month. And the pain stretches for a period of twenty four hours.
It's really unbearable. I've taken different painkillers, but none seem to have any effect on it.
What exactly is the cause of this pain, and how can it be treated or managed?.

Health practitioners help me please.
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by qwertyboss(m): 10:14am On Oct 16, 2018
AdaAde:
I have this reoccurring pain either in the left or right side of my lower abdomen.

Go and see a doctor!
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by sophiathefirst: 11:24am On Oct 16, 2018
AdaAde:
It happens consecutively, every month. And the pain stretches for a period of twenty four hours.
It's really unbearable. I've taken different painkillers, but none seem to have any effect on it.

Check my signature and contact me to get the help you need.
A trial will convince you. I can guarantee you that
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by ugomnaanny: 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2018
Go for a scan. It might be an ovarian cyst
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by Adalassy: 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
AdaAde:

Most likely cystic ovarian mass. I can treat it for you if that's what it is eventually discovered to be
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by dochenaj: 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
AdaAde:

Have you got a medical consult yet?
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by AdaAde(f): 5:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
dochenaj:

Have you got a medical consult yet?

Nope. But I confided in one of my big mummies, and her response dissolved my fears. She said it's not some life threatening disease according to how I described it. Just something that happens to most ladies during ovulation. She also explained some other aspect of it which I doubted cuz it sounded quite superstitious.
I resorted to using Google didn't help much in answering my question.
Thanks for the concern sir.
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by dochenaj: 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
AdaAde:

Nope. But I confided in one of my big mummies, and her response dissolved my fears. She said it's not some life threatening disease according to how I described it. Just something that happens to most ladies during ovulation. She also explained some other aspect of it which I doubted cuz it sounded quite superstitious.
I resorted to using Google didn't help much in answering my question.
Thanks for the concern sir.
If the pains coincided with your ovulation (about two weeks after last menses) then it could be associated with ovulation. It is called mid-cycle pain, but it usually shouldn't be so severe as to disrupt your day to day activities.

The superstitious aspect piqued my interest. I'll love to hear more about what she said.
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by AdaAde(f): 5:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
dochenaj:

If the pains coincided with your ovulation (about two weeks after last menses) then it could be associated with ovulation. It is called mid-cycle pain, but it usually shouldn't be so severe as to disrupt your day to day activities.

The superstitious aspect piqued my interest. I'll love to hear more about what she said.

That means it probably occurs in all females who haven't hit menopause. But she said only virgins experience the pain, and it will stop reoccurring after being deflowered.
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by dochenaj: 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
AdaAde:

That means it probably occurs in all females who haven't hit menopause. But she said only virgins experience the pain, and it will stop reoccurring after being deflowered.

She is wrong on that. There is virtually no connection between virginity and the pain.

Most women do, with differing severity. And you know we all have some variations in our human biology, so I won't say, it happens to all women.

1 Like

Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by AdaAde(f): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
dochenaj:

She is wrong that. There is virtually no connection between virginity and the pain.

Most women do, with differing severity. And you know we all have some variations in our human biology, so I won't say, it happens to all women.

Right. Thanks so much sir.
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by dochenaj: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
AdaAde:

Right. Thanks so much sir.
You're welcome.
Re: Help. Pain In The Lower Abdomen. by modskiller(m): 12:14am On Feb 01, 2019
Go for a pelvic scan.

It’s less than 5K and be sure of what’s wrong and what’s not.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Prominent Nigerian Has Died Of Corona Virus / Peanut-sized Lump In My Testicles / How To Survive A Heart Attack When Alone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.