Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians (41859 Views)

Now That Tomato Is Back / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by abdulhosni619(m): 12:57pm On May 19, 2016
macaranta:
Would have made more sense if they release the name of the tomato paste so people can identify and avoid purchasing them.

There is no point unveiling this to the public if they know they won't tell us the name naahh!!!
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by egariyi(f): 1:10pm On May 19, 2016
So the tomato does not have a name? The House of Reps should bury their face in shame! If you are sure of this information, I expect the name of the tomato paste to be mentioned. This alone will kill the market!
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Dragonking: 1:12pm On May 19, 2016
omobaekiti:
I hereby award you a PhD in conspiracy theorem.
I hereby award you a PhD in zombiesm..oya clap for yasef
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by mickey226(m): 1:13pm On May 19, 2016
tartar9:
Handy work of de people from de east

are you dis daft? Or you just want to put your foolishness on show
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by shilz(f): 1:19pm On May 19, 2016
And this tomato has no name...
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by gfullmoon(m): 1:32pm On May 19, 2016
The Tomato i no get name?
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Goahead(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2016
myfantasies:
Is dat y u brought ur tongue out?
Yep, I ate dried tomato stew in the morning... Yummy
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by mrdino(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2016
It's unfortunate, they did not mention the name of the product.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by jamst2(m): 1:39pm On May 19, 2016
You see,am very sure that 80% of these media houses have been bribed to compromise & distort people's views & opinions in order to frustrate this course(protesting the fuel & commodity hike).
I also believe that some influencial personnel in nigeria like; the religious clerics,activists etc have been compromised(via bribery) to keep silent so as to discourage people from joining the nlc protest & many more covert activities of this govt to keep the citizens in deception & fear.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by dominion001(m): 1:46pm On May 19, 2016
is there anythn like Nafdac in dis country anymore??

#ripdoraakunyili
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by jamst2(m): 1:52pm On May 19, 2016
amokeme:
Omg. My mum bought one new tomato paste from the market two days ago. We have not seen it before. And since we used it in making stew, everybody has been pooing up until now cry
grin
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by HirstMOG(m): 2:03pm On May 19, 2016
what is the name of the tomato paste please??
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by xpool(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2016
usless info, has it no name?
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by akbahbah(m): 2:33pm On May 19, 2016
Ossai should be coerced to mention d name of the tomato paste and d mafians involved in d importation since he talked as if he knows people involved. He has hidden agenda for raising this baseless accusation.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Klington: 2:43pm On May 19, 2016
if this ppl are serious, why is there no sample of such fake tomato paste..anyway I don't even like it if it's not fresh tomatoes.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 19, 2016
myfantasies:
I don tire

One problem after another

No fresh tomatoes, now tinned one too dey cause cancer

WHICH WAY FORWARD?

" ...which necessitated the closing down of local tomato factories.

I smell lies.

I believed the heading till i got to that line.

Dangote closed down his tomato paste factory because worms are eating up the farm produce before harvest.

Nonsense report.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 19, 2016
macaranta:
Would have made more sense if they release the name of the tomato paste so people can identify and avoid purchasing them.

The motion is fabricated.

Tomato paste importation is as old as the Ngerian national flag.

And i do not know of any other existing or closed down tomato factory in Nigeria if not that of Dangote.

So this is not news. Dangote paste factory was shut down due to unavailability of fresh tomatoes as raw materials not because competition from imported paste.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by annnikky(f): 2:56pm On May 19, 2016
Hw r we to know d name of d tomatoes or r we ghost to fish out d name?
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Handsomecakes: 3:05pm On May 19, 2016
myfantasies:
I don tire

WHICH WAY FORWARD?
... tongue
myfantasies:
I don tire

WHICH WAY FORWARD?
.......ofe akwu
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Cityguy: 3:26pm On May 19, 2016
Na wa oo. How has this information helped me na? The national daily no get name. The imported paste no get name too abi no be branded tomato paste again? The man even sure reach say many people have been killed by it and it led to closure of indigenous companies. O ga ju! Abeg, make you come out with your findings fast ooo as raw tomatoes na gold for market now o.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by aviazuva: 3:30pm On May 19, 2016
I have been expecting this story.
When Dangote started producing noodles story of fake and dangerous noodles (Indomie) came out
Now it is tomatoes because of competition.
However, na one thing go kill man
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by famouspeter(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2016
Get Rid Of Fibriod Naturally Within Two Weeks With Fibroid Remover Pack "Fibrofit"

Have you been diagnosed of fibroids and looking for how to naturally get rid of it and it's pains without surgery? Good news, you can now permanently and safely get rid of fibroids and its complications without going under the knife in no time.

For More Information: Visit »»» http://lastinghealthsupport.com

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by glossy6(f): 3:34pm On May 19, 2016
Bubu, what is the brand name of the tomatoes paste? Abi e no get name?
And how did they come into Nigeria with all the corruption fight?
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 19, 2016
Tell us d name of d tomatoes abeg

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by smileysmiley(f): 4:05pm On May 19, 2016
Politics at its peak... Someone once said that this government is good in politics but bad in governance and its true... How does this information help Nigerians? The aim now is probably to put panic in the mind of the citizens so that Nigerians will get distracted a bit and stop criticizing their government... Give us the name of this product and sanction the companies aiding them... Stop playing games with us, we are wiser now....
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Nely77(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2016
So the REPs are now an arm of NFDAC. Last time, some indigenous tomato company stopped production. Today the house discovered a tomato product that is cancerous and cheap in the market which is causing indigenous companies to stop production. It is simple. Some indigenous company want to increase the price of their product in the market in a way that will not favour consumers and they do not want competition from imported products. Somebody is sponsoring the reps. Nigerians are in for real big thing.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Ahmeduana(m): 5:11pm On May 19, 2016
maxti:
For real? Pix please
PIX OR THE BRAND NAME OF THE TOMATOES PASTE?
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Ahmeduana(m): 5:15pm On May 19, 2016
macaranta:
THAT IS WHY YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE REPS IS JUST CRYING WOLF OR TRYING TO DEMARKET A RIVAL IMPORTER.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by maxti: 5:17pm On May 19, 2016
Ahmeduana:

PIX OR THE BRAND NAME OF THE TOMATOES PASTE?

Both. I expect the pix to show the brand name.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by yunabdul: 5:24pm On May 19, 2016
Tell Nigerians its name for identification and avoidance of the products.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by iskay1971: 6:36pm On May 19, 2016
Simply because d importer is not meeting certain demands. Naija for show. Abi how many people una don hear say dem don die or carry go hospital for sake of tomatoe. Our govt sef too like joke.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by hallelluyah(m): 8:22pm On May 19, 2016
myfantasies:
I don tire

WHICH WAY FORWARD?
Oga gan o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yummy Fisherman Soup To Relax Your Nerves. So Delicious! (photos,videos) / Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile / Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.