Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,037 members, 7,866,923 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram (22888 Views)

Boko Haram Kills Soldier & Vikings Cult Member In Borno, Vikings Mourn Him (Pic) / Civilian JTF Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists, Kill Many Of Them In Borno (Graphic) / Despite Boko Haram Scare, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo Visits Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:42am On May 20, 2016
It will never be well with Boko Haram
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by viktor556(m): 11:55am On May 20, 2016
Best news I read all year!

1 Like

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Menzy86(m): 12:01pm On May 20, 2016
Pavore9:

That is why l pity those who are blowing up the pipelines, further polluting their own environment thereby limiting agricultural ventures thriving in that region.

The proceeds from Agriculture tends to impact more on an individual as against that of oil. I prefer to be from a non-oil producing community, l engage the land and bring forth bountiful harvest, things are within my control, not where only some criminals elements are the only ones benefiting from the oil in the community while majority are starved off the benefits that should have been accrued and worst still the land can not provide an alternative means of sustenance!
Your parents obviously trained a very enlightened child in you. I couldn't have put it any better.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Menzy86(m): 12:05pm On May 20, 2016
mrvitalis:
I tell my southern brothers every day, North have far more resources than the south and yet more lands for agriculture,
if u have the money a state in the North can allocate 200,000 heactres for u to cultivate, but in the south?? Getting 100 na war
My brother I have lived in Niger state all my life and I make bold to say that only the land in Niger state is enough to feed the whole of west africa if properly utilized. U no lie at all.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by yinkakani(m): 12:09pm On May 20, 2016
[size=25pt]OP Na fool. . . Did I hear you say light years? you should prolly Google "Netherlands farming methods". . .that should give you an idea of "light years ahead"[/size]
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by 9ja4live: 12:10pm On May 20, 2016
lets practice true federalism. this will become a joke i tell you. If we practice true federal structure with the state controlling the resources completely, we will be shocked with how progressive Nigeria will become. it will be fantastically unbelievable how we will expect growth and within 10 years we will equal world powers because the crust of development will be left to the states and local govt.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Menzy86(m): 12:10pm On May 20, 2016
EasternActivist:
Is it a must that the SS rich in oil and gas must be farmers? , the oil and gas in SS can buy borno * 100 with all the farm output and can also pay labourers until there lifetime...

Lol. Yorubas finding ways to weaking the oil rich Niger deltas while the truth remains that they feed this country with their crude oil.
The most stable economies in d world and countries with d highest per capita income have NO oil. A fully functional and agriculturally revolutionalized north will fare better than the overrated SS oil dependent states. Not even mentioning d quantum variety of solid mineral deposites scattered all over the northern states untapped.

1 Like

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by EasternActivist: 12:12pm On May 20, 2016
Menzy86:
The most stable economies in d world and countries with d highest per capita income have NO oil. A fully functional and agriculturally revolutionalized north will fare better than the overrated SS oil dependent states. Not even mentioning d quantum variety of solid mineral deposites scattered all over the northern states untapped.

And tell me any country that is the richest that has its measure mono income revenue from agriculture?
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Menzy86(m): 12:19pm On May 20, 2016
EasternActivist:

And tell me any country that is the richest that has its measure mono income revenue from agriculture?
Ur response means you understand my point. Also butresses that oil ALONE can't liberate a country economically. Only 3rd world countries are mono economies. We need d southern oil AND the northern agric capacity to truelly develop. And if I may add, agric is MORE SUSTAINABLE than oil going by recent manifestations and prospects abi?
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by EasternActivist: 12:21pm On May 20, 2016
Menzy86:
Ur response means you understand my point. Also butresses that oil ALONE can't liberate a country economically. Only 3rd world countries are mono economies. We need d southern oil AND the northern agric capacity to truelly develop. And if I may add, agric is MORE SUSTAINABLE than oil going by recent manifestations and prospects abi?

No North is outta the picture... The SE have been royal brothers, neighbors and cousins they can handle the agricultural part of it.
SS and SE will do better with each other
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by BizLife(m): 12:26pm On May 20, 2016
Nigeria is blessed. We need the food jooo.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by omenka(m): 12:30pm On May 20, 2016
Elmuaz:
Their idea of turning it to gulf course was wrong. Now its not functioning and they promised to pay our parents compensation but nobody get a dime from them.
What was even the sense behind converting it to golf course when NASME is there?? There's even greater security in NASME compared to that course when every tom, diick and harry could access through Court 5/Hudco Quarters.

Sometimes our leaders no dey just apply commonsense.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Menzy86(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2016
EasternActivist:

No North is outta the picture... The SE have been royal brothers, neighbors and cousins they can handle the agricultural part of it.
SS and SE will do better with each other
I always laf at easterners when they talk about 'brotherhood'. Ebonyi pple r treated like outcasts by all other igbos. Imo people r loathed by Anambarians and even in the catholic church(the strongest non state institution in d SE) there is serious rivalry and dirty politics. The anambarians tag themselves d most original igbo and we all know d Edo people hate your guts (as you do them). U think all these will just vanish in your utopian society? What a joke!
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by EasternActivist: 1:06pm On May 20, 2016
Menzy86:
I always laf at easterners when they talk about 'brotherhood'. Ebonyi pple r treated like outcasts by all other igbos. Imo people r loathed by Anambarians and even in the catholic church(the strongest non state institution in d SE) there is serious rivalry and dirty politics. The anambarians tag themselves d most original igbo and we all know d Edo people hate your guts (as you do them). U think all these will just vanish in your utopian society? What a joke!

This is a debate of another day. In the absence of any more tangible contributions to the point of argument. I rest my keyboard.

All the same, our division is not greater than our unification. The end can only justify the means and by understanding we shall see to d end to justify our claims.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Leiman100(m): 3:22pm On May 20, 2016
falseman:

Ever thought why Fulanis and their cows don't invade farms in the North?
actually that is where the crisis started years back before it spread to other part of the country
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by aresa: 3:42pm On May 20, 2016
[s]
yinkakani:
[size=25pt]OP Na fool. . . Did I hear you say light years? you should prolly Google "Netherlands farming methods". . .that should give you an idea of "light years ahead"[/size]
[/s]

Is Borno in Europe or Netherlands?

We are talking about Nigeria and this unpatriotic joker is talking about Netherlands..

It's not by force to comment so keep quiet..
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by mikolo80: 6:10pm On May 20, 2016
aresa:

http://newsrescue.com/feature-despite-boko-haram-borno-light-years-ahead-in-agricultural-innovation/#axzz49AcFbRe7
guy if your father spend 20bn on 95hectares of land you no go flog am(forget say he senior you)
are you a graduate,are you even a waec holder and you're so easily gullible like this abi you fail math word problems.

that is over 20 million for 1 hectare
in yankee that money will prolly run 20,000 hectares and you are here talking about light years
chai i go too hammer on top una head once i turn politician if nairalanders can be so simple minded imagine how ignorant and easily deceived illiterates will be
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Litmus: 7:56pm On May 20, 2016
Pavore9:

That is why l pity those who are blowing up the pipelines, further polluting their own environment thereby limiting agricultural ventures thriving in that region.

The proceeds from Agriculture tends to impact more on an individual as against that of oil. I prefer to be from a non-oil producing community, l engage the land and bring forth bountiful harvest, things are within my control, not where only some criminal elements are the only ones benefiting from the oil in the community while majority are starved off the benefits that should have been accrued and worst still the land can not provide an alternative means of sustenance!

You can't appeal to a sense they don't possess or appeal to a thief selfish enough to be the one active in robing a community blind. They may be just too devient and psychotic. It is simply up to authority to stop such people.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by overhypedsteve(m): 8:31pm On May 20, 2016
lomprico:

For ur mind u just make sense. U no know say na d oil money dem use build/buy all these equipment?
Dem go carry the oil money dey develop their place.
why we nor use our oil money develope our side? Dem nor dey give us derivative? Wetin we take am do? No primary health care, insecurity, poor roads and corruption is that not all we see in the south? Boss the south dey Fvck up Joor.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by waliya(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2016
Iam from Borno State,the question here to ask the state govt is how many tones of goods did this project produce ?
for pictures sake yes you can be convinced but in reality its just a propaganda
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by ubcandid(m): 8:55pm On May 21, 2016
Menzy86:

This lie you stated above is noe being accepted by almost everyone in the country.
The biggest economies are major oil producers except for Germany, the difference is that they don't export, our major problem is utility of crude oil. Nigeria roughly produces 2 million barrels of crude . China and USA doubles that.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Menzy86(m): 9:54pm On May 21, 2016
ubcandid:

This lie you stated above is noe being accepted by almost everyone in the country.
The biggest economies are major oil producers except for Germany, the difference is that they don't export, our major problem is utility of crude oil. Nigeria roughly produces 2 million barrels of crude . China and USA doubles that.
You see why most of you fail exams? I said STABLE with highest PER CAPITA INCOME. I intentionally avoided d word BIGGEST which people like u still managed to shove into my post. If u have any knowledge of economics and development, u will know the difference. Pls try and understand stuff first b4 jumping into posting insults and accusations.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by ubcandid(m): 4:37am On May 22, 2016
Menzy86:
You see why most of you fail exams? I said STABLE with highest PER CAPITA INCOME. I intentionally avoided d word BIGGEST which people like u still managed to shove into my post. If u have any knowledge of economics and development, u will know the difference. Pls try and understand stuff first b4 jumping into posting insults and accusations.

sorry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Investigate The Source Of Cash Used For PDP Convention - APC Tells EFCC / "There Is No Corruption In Buhari's Government" - Osinbajo / Will Atiku/Obi Make Nigerians Proud after Buhari/Osibanjo the Candidates Flop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.