Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! (3302 Views)

FFK And Wife, Precious Arrive Enugu For Igbo And Yoruba Summit / Wike Wins Sun Newspaper "Governor Of The Year 2016" (Photos) / Atiku And Ezekwesili At The Launch Of The Book "We Are Biafrans" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by Nobody: 9:46am On May 20, 2016

IPOB: Biafra not for Igbo alone

— 20th May 2016
From Jeff Amechi Agbodo, Onitsha

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has said the Biafraland is beyond the areas occupied by the Igbo-speaking people of the country.
The group stated that Biafra land spans from Itsekiriland on the western boundary with Oduduwa to Bakassi on the eastern boundary with the Cameroons, also stretched from Idoma and Igala land on the northern boundary with Arewa or Northern Nigeria to the Bight of Biafra which is South of the beautiful island of Bonny.
A statement by the spokespersons of IPOB, Mr. Emma Nmezu and Dr. Clifford Chukwuemeka Iroanya noted that in the present-day contraption called Nigeria, the nation of Biafra consists of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and Rivers states as well as Igbanke in Edo State, Igala in Kogi State, and Idoma in Benue State.
It stated that the footprints of Biafra above showed that the great nation is not populated by only the Igbo-speaking people, noting that the last head of state and commander-in-chief of Biafra was not from the Igbo-speaking area of Biafraland.
According to the spokespersons, “During the war of genocide levied on Biafra by Nigeria and Britain, there were brave Biafran soldiers, field commanders, scientists, civil servants, technocrats, musicians/artists, and astute journalists/broadcasters who were not from Igbo-speaking areas of Biafraland.
“Biafra is a nation where different languages are spoken but irrespective of the varying languages, the people have a common value system, four market days, and a unique traditional clothing (two-piece wrapper) for every Biafran woman. It is instructive to note that Igbo is just one of the languages in Biafraland. Even the Igbo language has different dialects as someone travels from one community to the other or from one state to another state.
“Biafra is not about the Igbo alone but Biafra is a blessed nation of people with common value system. The public must ignore and stay away from anyone or group that equates Biafra with Igbo. The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is not for only Igbo-speaking people and will never be for only Igbo-speaking people,” the spokespersons asserted.
Not all Biafrans are Igbo
Meanwhile, IPOB, under the leadership of Nnamdi Kanu has commended the position of Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) and the Mightier Egbesu Fraternity of the ultimatum given to the Government and Buhari to release its leader, Kanu and the former national security adviser to the former president, Jonathan Col. Dasuki Sambo (retd) within two weeks unconditionally as court said.
The Media and Publicity Secretary of IPOB, Mr. Emma Powerful, in a release said the two groups gave the ultimatum to release the duo after they looked into the matter and discovered that the two courts of competent jurisdiction had granted them unconditional release.
“First, the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) called for Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s release before, now it is the Egbesu Boys calling for the release of the leader of the indigenous people of Biafra Mazi Nnamdi Kanu”
“This proves to the entire world that they are more Biafra than any other body. It is also to let the enemies of our common identity to get behind us and the Hausa Fulani and Yoruba divide and rule can never be in our midst again.”
“IPOB, led by Kanu has maintained non-violence stance and has not been involved in any crime or any form of violence and we are not going to be dragged by APC-led government to become violent but in any means, any group chooses to fight for his or her father land is allowed.
“The APC-led government of President Muhammadu Buhari uses DSS and EFCC to witch-hunt all his political opponents while he allowed his party members to be moving around, Femi Fani Kayode was arrested and detained since Monday last week without trial because he said the truth while his kinsmen Hausa Fulani and party members who steal trillions are there with the money they stole from the public funds,” Powerful stated.

http://sunnewsonline.com/ipob-biafra-not-for-igbo-alone/

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by sonofspada(m): 9:47am On May 20, 2016
This is Good news. . .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by stzy(m): 9:50am On May 20, 2016
Military Zone
Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by thesicilian: 9:54am On May 20, 2016
Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Rivers. Hahaha.
Someone should please notify the iPod guy that oil has just been discovered in Lagos - just in case they feel like adding that also

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by boondock(m): 9:59am On May 20, 2016
Yeah. Good news.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by EasternActivist: 12:03pm On May 20, 2016
thesicilian:
Someone should please notify the iPod guy that oil has just been discovered in Lagos - just in case they feel like adding that also

Distortion alert...

Edo is not part of it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 20, 2016
We the concerned people of the Southwest hereby bring to the notice of the south south people of an impending doom ochestrated by the IPOB an Biafrans in General. The IPOB leader called Kanu is a terrorist that must be disregarded. Do not believe every lie you hear on his hate filled radio. They are trying so hard to force the people of the SS into their failed Biafra so they can dominate you people as majorities incase the biafra is ever declared (God Forbid). The IPOB and biafrans in general are known for their dominating attitude and the reason for this new friendship with the SS is to control their destinies and resources in future. Niger deltans must be aware that you people are entirely differents from the igbos. You are not brothers like they claim. Your culture and way of life is different. Do not be decieved by the recent chants of Biafra. It pays you people to be Nigerians than follow a biafra where u wont have control over your future. We yorubas are working tirelessly with the north to rebuild this country and make it great. the unpatriotic ones are the people shouting Biafra. Nigeria is your home people of the SS. You are better here. Do not be fooled by Nnamdi Kanu. He is going to die in jail for trying to break our great nation. Biafra will never come. We hate and condemn biafra.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by thesicilian: 12:18pm On May 20, 2016
EasternActivist:

Distortion alert...

Edo is not part of it

Its either you didn't read the post, or you don't know what distortion means, or both.
Clinton9000:
the nation of Biafra consists of Abia,
Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta,
Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and Rivers states as well as
Igbanke in Edo State, Igala in Kogi State, and Idoma
in Benue State.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by EasternActivist: 12:19pm On May 20, 2016
[s]
joborskill:
We the concerned people of the Southwest hereby bring to the notice of the south south people of an impending doom ochestrated by the IPOB an Biafrans in General. The IPOB leader called Kanu is a terrorist that must be disregarded. Do not believe every lie you hear on his hate filled radio. They are trying so hard to force the people of the SS into their failed Biafra so they can dominate you people as majorities incase the biafra is ever declared (God Forbid). The IPOB and biafrans in general are known for their dominating attitude and the reason for this new friendship with the SS is to control their destinies and resources in future. Niger deltans must be aware that you people are entirely differents from the igbos. You are not brothers like they claim. Your culture and way of life is different. Do not be decieved by the recent chants of Biafra. It pays you people to be Nigerians than follow a biafra where u wont have control over your future. We yorubas are working tirelessly with the north to rebuild this country and make it great. the unpatriotic ones are the people shouting Biafra. Nigeria is your home people of the SS. You are better here. Do not be fooled by Nnamdi Kanu. He is going to die in jail for trying to break our great nation. Biafra will never come. We hate and condemn biafra.

God bless Nigeria
[/s]

That's what you keep preaching to them to make sure they are under your spell, so you can rule over them, degrade their lands and steal their oil.

They've known better now and have identified their enemies..
You can only be scared of igbos allying with the SS ethnicities but you can't stop their liberation from your shackles.

Your divide and rule tactics are over now, go and rest.
We can never remain in perpetuality.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by Dview: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Biafraland
Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2016
Kai, this IPOB continues to disgrace Igbos everyday.

I am beginning to have a rethink about them.

They lack maturity and tact.

Cheruv.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2016
IPOB is a disgrace to us Igbos. embarassed embarassed

They continue giving all these 'We SS' people mouth to talk.

MASSOB even has more wisdom than these childish IPOB.

MASSOB asked the U.N. to divide Nigeria into six countries where they clearly separated Biafra from Niger Delta Republic yet these foolish IPOB will not use their heads.

Adaure4ever was right about these IPOB. undecided

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 9:52am On Aug 05, 2016
joborskill:

God bless Nigeria

You are a disgrace to Yorubas. embarassed embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 9:54am On Aug 05, 2016
Funny IPOB. cheesy

Let me write this before the 'We SS' people will come here and wan.k off till they drop dead.

We have said it so many times that should Nigeria break today, the Igbo will not force any tribe or group to be part of us. All these threads are useless and meaningless. The Igbo will accept any of the minority tribes that prefer to be part of us and those that don't want to join us would be free to form their own country or remain with Nigeria.

Please the minorities are free to be part of any group of people they so choose. The Igbos are not forcing any of you and there are no plans to do so. All we care about is Igboland including our lands carved into present day Rivers state in 1976 and Dlta north.

The rest of you 'We SS' can go and form your Niger Delta Republic.

We can survive without oil(even though we have oil & gas in Imo & Abia and our lands in Rivers State). Germany today has no drop of oil and yet is the most powerful economy in Europe. There are so many countries in the world without oil and yet doing very fine. Look at Israel that moved into a desert and transformed it into a wonderful country for themselves.

Biafra is for Igboland only.

The Niger Delta can form their republic.

IPOB should shut up!

[size=24pt]Divide Nigeria into six zones – BIM, MASSOB urge UN, other world powers[/size]

Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, and Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, have pleaded with the United Nations, UN and other world leaders to divide Nigeria into six geo-political zones as a permanent solution to the myriad of problems facing the nation.
The groups noted that granting the six geo-political zones in Nigeria self-rule would be the only solution to the many challenges.

In a statement signed by the Director of Information of the pro-Biafra group, Chris Mocha, the two groups called on the UN and other super powers to consider the lives of people that are killed on a daily basis in Nigeria arising from insurgency in the North East and Fulani herdsmen and respond to their call.

Mocha said the proposed nations include South East, (Biafra which will includes our lands fraudulently carved into Rivers state in 1976 i.e Obigbo, Egbeme and others and our brother in Delta north i.e Ogwashi Uku, Asaba and others), South-South (Niger Delta), North East, North West, South West, (Oduduwa) and North- Central.

He added that no amount of preaching on nationalism can change Nigeria as it is today.

Mocha further explained that when the said zones are given independence, assets of the citizens of the different countries will be protected by international laws, just as bilateral agreements will guide the future relationship of the new republics.

The group, however, insisted that several members of BIM/MASSOB were killed last week during the Biafra anniversary at Nkpor and Onitsha.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/06/divide-nigeria-into-six-zones-bim-massob-urge-un-other-world-powers/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by CHANNELStv2020: 10:09am On Aug 05, 2016
MasterofNL:
IPOB is a disgrace to us Igbos. embarassed embarassed

They continue giving all these 'We SS' people mouth to talk.

MASSOB even has more wisdom than these childish IPOB.

MASSOB asked the U.N. to divide Nigeria into six countries where they clearly separated Biafra from Niger Delta Republic yet these foolish IPOB will not use their
heads.

Adaure4ever was right about these IPOB. undecided
SPEAK FOR YOURSELF AND NOT IGBOS CUS I AM

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by Progressive01(m): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2016
Hain!! Just when you think you've seen the worst of their stupidity, they knock you out with yet another exclusive.

Feel so sorry for intelligent Igbos. The shame and disgrace these urchins bring them must be very hard to bear.
Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 10:11am On Aug 05, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF AND NOT IGBOS CUS I AM

Why is IPOB trying to drag other tribes into Biafra by force?

That is how Nnamdi kanu just got up and came out with a useless map as Biafra without consulting anybody.

What sort of embarassment is this from this IPOB for goodness sake

Is it by force to be part of Biafra? Is that not how we have been complaining that Nigeria is keeping Igbos by force?

Answer me.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by CHANNELStv2020: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2016
MasterofNL:

Why is IPOB trying to drag other tribes into Biafra by force?

Is it by force to be part of Biafra? Is that not how we have been complaining that Nigeria is keeping Igbos by force?

Answer me.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION READ HISTORY BEFORE NIGERIa WAS FORMED AND KNOW WHO ARE THE biafrans,mind u i quoted u because u made a comment claiming that IPOB are disgrace to igbos,as an igbo person from anambra state I have listened to the radio biafra once or twice I personally feel they are RIGHT AND PRIDE TO US AND NOT AS I SAID.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 10:20am On Aug 05, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION READ HISTORY BEFORE NIGERIa WAS FORMED AND KNOW WHO ARE THE biafrans,mind u i quoted u because u made a comment claiming that IPOB are disgrace to igbos,as an igbo person from anambra state I have listened to the radio biafra once or twice I personally feel they are RIGHT AND PRIDE TO US AND NOT AS I SAID.

You have not answered my question which is why is IPOB trying to force others into Biafra?

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by Progressive01(m): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2016
EasternActivist:
Why do you guys generally have such terrible diction??

What exactly are you trying to say here?? Na wa oo!!

How do you people manage to come "top" by region in WAEC exams??

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by CHANNELStv2020: 10:30am On Aug 05, 2016
MasterofNL:

You have not answered my question which is why is IPOB trying to force others into Biafra?
WHAT do you mean by force? My father, grandfather and I are
MILITARILY,politically FORCED to be Nigerians so this is FORCE in all ramification,so tell me your definition of IPOB FORCE?is it militarily, politically, or what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2016
Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
WHAT do you mean by force? My father, grandfather and I are
MILITARILY,politically FORCED to be Nigerians so this is FORCE in all ramification,so tell me your definition of IPOB FORCE?is it militarily, politically, or what exactly?

My definition of force is that they have created a map including lands of minorities that have repeatedly said they are not part of Biafra.

How can you come out again to say Biafra is not for Igboland only?

Why are you people like this?

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by PFRB: 10:35am On Aug 05, 2016
thesicilian:

It says Igbanke in Edo. It did not say the whole of Edo. Shine your eyes.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 10:36am On Aug 05, 2016
EasternActivist:
[s][/s]

That's what you keep preaching to them to make sure they are under your spell, so you can rule over them, degrade their lands and steal their oil.

They've known better now and have identified their enemies..
You can only be scared of igbos allying with the SS ethnicities but you can't stop their liberation from your shackles.

Your divide and rule tactics are over now, go and rest.

Nwanem, the Biafra struggle should be limited to Igboland ONLY.

What we should be talking about is to ensure that we take back our lands fraudulently carved into Rivers state in 1976 and our brothers in Delta north i.e, Ogwashi Uku, Asaba and others.

The other minorities aka 'We SS0' can form their Niger Delta Republic.

It is that simple.

This is why people call us land grabbers.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by CHANNELStv2020: 10:37am On Aug 05, 2016
MasterofNL:

My definition of force is that they have created a map including lands of minorities that have repeatedly said they are not part of Biafra.

How can you come out again to say Biafra is not for Igboland only?

Why are you people like this?
THEY CREATED A MAP? Pls the land of minorities as u called it what were they before the white men came to nigeria and amalgamated it?

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by Godemcee(m): 10:37am On Aug 05, 2016
Yeeboes are funny bunch,see as them they tag everybody to there biafra,they don't want states in niger/delta to form there niger/delta republic but they must join biafra by force,well igbo's can't survive on there own with there 1.8% oil nd they don't generate much to the country non- oil revenue yet they scream our oil than people of s.south,they keep joining people land into there bitccchafra without permission,yet they accuse nigeria of forcing them into one nigeria
Yeye hypocrites
Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by PFRB: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2016
Progressive01:
Why do you guys generally have such terrible diction??

How do you people manage to come "top" by region in WAEC??

Smh.

What is WAEC? You should look at yourself properly

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by macluvph1(m): 10:38am On Aug 05, 2016
All i know is that Ikwerre will be better off in the incoming new nation.

I.P.O.B members please always remember that not all ikwerre reason same way our fathers did during 1967.

Use this my message as part of a forgiving note for my people.

I love old EASTERN REGION.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2016
Progressive01:
[s]Why do you guys generally have such terrible diction??

How do you people manage to come "top" by region in WAEC??

Smh.[/s]

You should face Benue state and continue your sai baba work.

I got banned for one month because of you, don't get me started on you again.

You are so good at reporting to the MODs when you head is bashed from different directions.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2016
macluvph1:
All i know is that Ikwerre will be better off in the incoming new nation.

I.P.O.B members please always remember that not all ikwerre reason same way our fathers did during 1967.

Use this my message as part of a forgiving note for my people.

I love old EASTERN REGION.

Please Ikwerre are not Igbos, they are part of 'We SS' so they can join the ND Republic.
Re: IPOB: Biafra Not For Igbo Alone, Explains Who Are Biafrans. Sun Newspaper! by MasterofNL: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2016
Godemcee:
Yeeboes are funny bunch,see as them they tag everybody to there biafra,they don't want states in niger/delta to form there niger/delta republic but they must join biafra by force,well igbo's can't survive on there own with there 1.8% oil nd they don't generate much to the country non- oil revenue yet they scream our oil than people of s.south,they keep joining people land into there bitccchafra without permission,yet they accuse nigeria of forcing them into one nigeria
Yeye hypocrites

Igboland has more than enough oil but Nigeria fraudulently carved out large portions of our oil producing lands and added to Rivers state i.e Niger Delta. just to keep Igbos under.

See evidence here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government / Update On Cannibal Called Solider Sualiman Olamilekan / We “ll not tolerate undemocratic military operations in South East – Igbo Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.