Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa (2771 Views)

An Unemployed Graduate Begs Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola And Dangote For a Job / Unemployed Graduate Returns N556k He Picked At Accident Scene 2 Owner (Photos) / These 4 Online Jobs Can Make A Nigerian Unemployed Graduate Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by Empiremate(m): 1:23pm On May 20, 2016
Graduate lands interview after 'begging' for a job at traffic lights

JOHANNESBURG - A jobless chemical engineering graduate has received positive responses after standing at a busy intersection in Rosebank, with a placard, asking for work.

A photo of Anthea Malwandle, a BTech: Chemical Engineering graduate, was shared on social media prompting several calls from prospective employers.

When Malwandle completed her degree at the Vaal University of Technology (VUT) in 2015, she never anticipated that her job-seeking journey would be so arduous.

Since April last year, she has been hunting for graduate and internship programmes to no avail.

She took to the streets after calling many companies and visiting their offices to try schedule interview appointments.

Malwandle’s tale has moved many people and the determined woman says that she would love to work for petrochemical companies in the production of energy fuels.

Touched by her struggle, a Sasol employee called in to the Early Breakfast Show to request a meeting with her.

LISTEN: Engineering graduate lands job interviews after standing at robots to find work

Source: http://m.ewn.co.za/2016/05/18/Graduate-lands-interview-after-begging-for-a-job-at-traffic-light

UPDATE

GIRL GANG RAPED AFTER BEING LURED BY A JOB INTERVIEW

A jobless chemical engineering graduate has received positive responses and negative attention after standing on a busy intersection in Rosebank, Gauteng looking for work.

A photo of the young graduate was shared on social media, and she has received several calls from prospective employers as a result.

Unfortunately some calls were from potential rapists, Malwandle received a call from a man who calls himself Jon Di Vet who promised her a job.

“He said he is coming to pick me up so he can interview me, he arrived in a tinted car and the moment I got in the car my face was covered and the car drove for an hour or so then I was taken to a building and raped by four white men, After five hours of being raped they covered my face again and I was dropped in Rosebank”. Cried Malwandle.

Rosebank police are busy with the investigations and they are pleading with anyone who has a lead to come forward.

Source: http://www.satirenews.co.za/blog/2016/05/18/girl-gang-raped-after-being-lured-by-a-job-interview/

Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by Pamelayoung: 2:34pm On May 20, 2016
Wow! Would this work in Nigeria?
Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by yomalex(m): 2:44pm On May 20, 2016
Pamelayoung:
Wow! Would this work in Nigeria?
yeah already did

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by ukeme200(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2016
This may work also

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by nurez305(m): 3:13pm On May 20, 2016
Hmmmmmn, na wa oooo,i think this trick is becoming real..
Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by Jonzingmaster(m): 3:17pm On May 20, 2016
..just saw a terrible news..it seems like this poor lady had been lured and raped by evil men..pls verify the news...source..www.satirenews.co.za

Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by Birniwa(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2016
Why was she laughing while holding the placard? I guess she wasn't even desperate.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by Davbams(m): 3:38pm On May 20, 2016
LMHO!
Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by MduZA: 5:08pm On May 20, 2016
Jonzingmaster:
..just saw a terrible news..it seems like this poor lady had been lured and raped by evil men..pls verify the news...source..www.satirenews.co.za

Viral news...real stories are changed to horror on that site.
Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by VocalWalls: 5:58pm On May 20, 2016
Omg! I hope it's not a real story. How would anyone just pick her up to abuse her?
Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by Nobody: 7:07am On May 21, 2016
na bcus say she fyn na y dem call am...make basira for my street try am na
Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by babs01(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2016
Despite d %tage of HIV in dat con3
Re: Unemployed Graduate At Traffic Gets Job Offer In South Africa by millhouse: 11:15am On May 22, 2016
Burning:
Why was she laughing while holding the placard? I guess she wasn't even desperate.
do you want her to be frowning or carrying a moody face. Or don't u know the power of a smile? Just imagine your thinking

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy At ABC Transport PLC. / I'm In Need Of Job, Got Duped Of 1.4 Million Naira / I Need Past Questions For Federal Fire Service Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.