Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent (967 Views)

Pls How Can I Move My Wordpress, Joomla Site From One Host To Another Host / Moving A Site From One Host To Another / Migration From One Host To The Other, What Is It Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 19, 2009
Hi,
I need help to transfer the files in my old web host to a new web host. I have already got the new web host. I know how to change the dns, but my problem is how to transfer the files, that is the data in my old web host to the new web host before i cancel the old web host. Can someone help me with this? If you can do this for a small fee, call me with this number .
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by yawatide(f): 11:29am On Aug 19, 2009
I would assume you have a local (as in, on your pc/laptop) copy of your files. Just FTP from there. If that is a problem or you have too many files, use your current cPanel to zip up the files, download that to your machine, then upload to the new host and unzip the zip file.

Good luck!
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by TechPros(m): 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

I would assume you have a local (as in, on your pc/laptop) copy of your files. Just FTP from there. If that is a problem or you have too many files, use your current cPanel to zip up the files, download that to your machine, then upload to the new host and unzip the zip file.
that is all you need to do.
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by yawatide(f): 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2009
he he, tech pros, even when I know it is the only/correct solution, I have always believed in always leaving myself some wiggle room for when the ITKs decide to say something like, "there is another way" wink
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by remoranger(m): 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
@yawatide
I am an ITK grin grin
AND yes there is anoda way

But let me spare you the resultant embarassment cheesy cheesy
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by TechPros(m): 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

he he, tech pros, even when I know it is the only/correct solution, I have always believed in always leaving myself some wiggle room for when the ITKs decide to say something like, "there is another way" wink

yawa smiley

remoranger:

@yawatide
I am an ITK grin grin
AND yes there is anoda way

But let me spare you the resultant embarassment cheesy cheesy

abeg grin grin
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2009
i asked a question and you folks turned it into what i dont know. what an insult!
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by yawatide(f): 3:53am On Aug 20, 2009
I think the question was answered in my first post. Have you read it? Tried it? Succeeded? Failed?

Let us know.
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by goldenimp(m): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2009
LawBreaker:

i asked a question and you folks turned it into what i dont know. what an insult!

well get use to us, we add fun to business
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by yawatide(f): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2009
goldenimp, exactly.

It takes more muscles to frown that it does to laff. Sometimes I wonder if many of us wonder why some of us develop face wrinkles at a young age grin
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

Good luck!

Sorry if i sounded insulting initially, but i still dont get it. How can i zip up my files using my current cpanel? Where should i go for this and how can i do it?
Re: Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent by Cactus(m): 12:25am On Aug 21, 2009
in your cpanel look for something that says

file manager/document manager/file explorer

something like that and open it up. look at the top menu you should see archive or zip

check the directoryy ou want voila

(1) (Reply)

Web Designer Needed / FBI Seizes Applanet.net, Appbucket.net, And Snappzmarket.com / Website Screen Resolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.