Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? (38089 Views)

NNPC Recruitment 2018 Exercise- Commencing Soon- Apply Www.nnpcgroup.com / 2012 Nnpc Recruitment Where Are We On It / Fake NNPC Recruitment Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by ogashman(m): 12:10am On May 21, 2016
In 2012,the Nigeria national petroleum corporation (NNPC),advertised vacant positions open for recruitment of unemployed Nigerian youths into the corporation.many people applied.I also applied.after applying, we waited with high hopes that sooner than later we were going to be contacted to come for aptitude test.this did not happen until November 2014;over 2 years after applying for the job.finally,on 6th December, we wrote the aptitude test at various centers across the nation.later in February, 2015 those shortlisted for interview were notified by the consultancy firm dat handled the recruitment process,through txt msgs.the prospective interviewees were told that a time and date for the interview would be communicated in due time.subsequently,wen the polity was heated up due the forthcoming elections,another round of text mgs were sent;telling us to hold-on as they(consultancy firm),re constrained and re putting some logistics in place to ensure a smooth process. that a new date will be made known to us.this was the last we heard from them(both NNPC n the consultancy firm).after the elections which PDP lost,it seemed the whole process have been suspended not minding the huge resources govt spent.
I really need answers from those in the know,as to wat has become our fate regarding this.
I could remember vividly wat one elderly nnpc staff who supervised the exam told us.he said they were going to retire DAT year and we re the ones to replace them,DAT we should put in our best.
and I'm tempted to ask;ve they not retired yet?
if they ve,who re those used to replace their various positions?
I also know that people retire every year from the nnpc.and since 2012,no recruitment has be done(except it was done behind the scene).re they telling us that they ve not or do not intend to replace the retired NNPC staff?

some of us spent huge amt of money travelling down to our various exam centres.we spent and energy.
all these can not just be wasted for nothing at least.

8 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Terry68: 12:24am On May 21, 2016
In as much as I share in your pain, there will be no further message to circulate from that firm. Its probably the last time you will ever hear of such, in regards to those vacancies. We are in new era of change.

You're just Lucky; that your address has not been Change too.

We are changing so lot around; from our speech, cars, feeding and way of reasoning.

I pray you open your eyes to see, cos even your pocket has changed or perhaps still changing.

19 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by tempest01(m): 12:52am On May 21, 2016
Terry68:
In as much as I share in your pain, ther will be no further message to circulate from that firm. Its probably thr last time you will ever hear of such in regards to that vacancies. We are in new era of change.

You're just Lucky; that your address has not been Change too.

We are changing so lot around; from our speech, cars, feeding and way of reasoning.

I pray you open your eyes to see that even your pocket has changed or perhaps still changing.

And what's with the pessimistic message? Why do you write with certainty than there is no more to be heard? Is it hate or you just want to type?

@OP I was among those shortlisted for interview. Just today I went on Twitter to send a message to the minister of petroleum. Hope they don't end up discarding us and doing targeted head hunting.
I remember when we were arguing here on nairaland if GEJ or PMB will be the best option to see out this recruitment, and many went for PMB. Did the devil we know turn out better than the angel we didn't know? We'll find out.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by henrygale(m): 4:08am On May 21, 2016
I guess the positions have been filled; guess also u didn't hear of the news that broke out about NNPC and CBN recruiting/ fixing up children and relatives of the APC and the present FG bigwigs some months back?!
They blocked the news and now we ain't hearing anything about it again.
So,its less likely dey recruit soon.
Na Naija we dey; kids/wards of politicians gets juicy jobs while dey push police and oda military jobs to us.
But den,sorry for ur efforts,and I pray u get gud news soon.
Gudluck.

25 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by strangest(m): 6:20am On May 21, 2016
tempest01:

And what's with the pessimistic message? Why do you write with certainty than there is no more to be heard? Is it hate or you just want to type?

@OP I was among those shortlisted for interview. Just today I went on Twitter to send a message to the minister of petroleum. Hope they don't end up discarding us and doing targeted head hunting.
I remember when we were arguing here in nairaland is GEJ or PMB will be the best option to see out this recruitment, and many went for PMB. Did the devil we know turn out better than the angel we didn't know? We'll find out.

I think he meant that it has gone the same way the CBN jobs did, the jobs has been filled up by members of the change team..... Funny but very soon there will be no more masquerade job left, so forget NNPC and apply for masquerade jobs now....

6 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Ishilove: 6:35am On May 21, 2016
ogashman:
In 2012,the Nigeria national petroleum corporation (NNPC),advertised vacant positions open for recruitment of unemployed Nigerian youths into the corporation.many people applied.I also applied.after applying, we waited with high hopes that sooner than later we were going to be contacted to come for aptitude test.this did not happen until November 2014;over 2 years after applying for the job.finally,on 6th December, we wrote the aptitude test at various centers across the nation.later in February, 2015 those shortlisted for interview were notified by the consultancy firm dat handled the recruitment process,through txt msgs.the prospective interviewees were told that a time and date for the interview would be communicated in due time.subsequently,wen the polity was heated up due the forthcoming elections,another round of text mgs were sent;telling us to hold-on as they(consultancy firm),re constrained and re putting some logistics in place to ensure a smooth process. that a new date will be made known to us.this was the last we heard from them(both NNPC n the consultancy firm).after the elections which PDP lost,it seemed the whole process have been suspended not minding the huge resources govt spent.
I really need answers from those in the know,as to wat has become our fate regarding this.
I could remember vividly wat one elderly nnpc staff who supervised the exam told us.he said they were going to retire DAT year and we re the ones to replace them,DAT we should put in our best.
I also know that people retire every year from the nnpc.and since 2012,no recruitment has be done(except it was done behind the scene).re they telling us that they ve not or do not intend to replace the retired NNPC staff?

some of us spent huge amt of money travelling down to our various exam centres.we spent and energy.
Lol. After writing their yeye test back in 2011 I gave up on Nigeria and since then never bothered applying again

7 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by EASY32: 6:47am On May 21, 2016
Whatever is being said here I know NNPC will still go on with the recruitment

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by ednut1(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2016
move on
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by abimic(m): 11:46am On May 21, 2016
Well, I'm pretty sure u have moved on at least from last year, that can't possibly be weighing u down. Be anxious of nothing but be prayerful. From my disposition, i had a lecturer of mine then in the University who got employed with NPDC, probably because he's a professional and it could likely be that they've gone for professionals again and out of public glare. With the way PMB sees things under GEJ as utterly corrupt, he's likely to start afresh,infact, even when some people rightly recruited into one of our security outfits under GEJ had being trained, their admission into the force was paused by PMB. Just be hopeful!

2 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by butanep(m): 12:11pm On May 21, 2016
Ishilove:

Lol. After writing their yeye test back in 2011 I gave up on Nigeria and since then never bothered applying again

The Nigeria factor can make someone get discourage sometimes. After applying for jobs, then get to a particular stage of the interview on the basis of we will get back to you. You did well.

You keep waiting, days turn to weeks, weeks to months. You just know something has happened somewhere that is not right. Nigeria is a terrible Country.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Adesiji77: 12:20pm On May 21, 2016
Ishilove:

You too want to work with an "oyel" company cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Ishilove: 9:05pm On May 21, 2016
Adesiji77:

You too want to work with an "oyel" company cheesy
Who no like beta tin grin

6 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:54am On May 23, 2016
Ok

2 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by lonelydora: 6:55am On May 23, 2016
There's no type of break-through donation, fasting and praying, I didn't make in church for that job to come.

Well, a new sheriff is in town and I don't think they will go back to it again.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Abrahamtaylour: 6:58am On May 23, 2016
Move on .... The big men have hijacked it

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by rattlesnake(m): 6:59am On May 23, 2016
don't waste your life

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Nobody: 6:59am On May 23, 2016
Move on my dear. In this era, even where adverts are placed jobs will still be given based on nepotism.
Even private firms no longer advertise.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by mysteriousman(m): 6:59am On May 23, 2016
Most times in this country anytime you see an advertorial that vacancies are there and are thrown to the public have it at the back of your mind that they are trying to simply use the number of people that applied for public show cos they have long hired people they want to take and they simply pick at random out of the crowd to make it look like yes it was truly an exercise for all. Kindly forget the past and pray to God to send someone your way so when next things like this is happening you too will sit at home and watch people disturb themselves writing a test you have already gotten a job for. It's the Nigerian way and nothing has changed till now

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Ubachinwe1(m): 7:00am On May 23, 2016
Their system of recruitment nowadays is becoming unbecoming.

The poster above me d'you intend posting K-Leg?

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Femich18(m): 7:01am On May 23, 2016
Nigeria!!!
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Ubachinwe1(m): 7:02am On May 23, 2016
This space is for sale.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by EmekaBlue(m): 7:04am On May 23, 2016
bro move on and find something else...ur kwantri is fantastically kwarupt or u can have faith and hope at ur own detriment.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by priscaoge(f): 7:05am On May 23, 2016
Ishilove:

Lol.... U are not alone on that my dear
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Integrityfarms(m): 7:06am On May 23, 2016
If you don't belong to the cabal in the oil Industry my brother just think of something else! Recruitment is always on, but until you are connected you remain in the dark about it!

#naijasweetdie

6 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Ifebazz(m): 7:08am On May 23, 2016
ogashman:

Take a cue from the CBN recruitment scam. APC want their share of the employment things. It's not far fetched.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by airsaylongcon: 7:09am On May 23, 2016
I expect to see people from a certain other thread where recruitment has taken nearly as long. All of Inspiroscan wey dey "dat" thread makemake una come ó. Food yàf done
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Menzy86(m): 7:09am On May 23, 2016
Some people will now start commenting as if this isn't something that always happens with Nigerian parastatals and start blaming change with empty reasoning. Trust me bro I've been in d labour market long enough to tell u that this has been a normal feature of d Nigerian system as far as I know(close to 10 years now). Its so bad that some people without 'connections' dont apply 4 public jobs again. Can't even count how many agencies have done dis to me in d past. Really pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Nobody: 7:11am On May 23, 2016
I'm in the running as well and it's sad. This recruitment was handled by an independent body. Abi is philips consulting kwarrupt too?
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Babaregg(m): 7:16am On May 23, 2016
mysteriousman:
Most times in this country anytime you see an advertorial that vacancies are there and are thrown to the public have it at the back of your mind that they are trying to simply use the number of people that applied for public show cos they have long hired people they want to take and they simply pick at random out of the crowd to make it look like yes it was truly an exercise for all. Kindly forget the past and pray to God to send someone your way so when next things like this is happening you too will sit at home and watch people disturb themselves writing a test you have already gotten a job for. It's the Nigerian way and nothing has changed till now

You couldn't have said it any better. I personally feel that they put out those adverts just for putting sake and to let people think they are actually following due process: Fa Fa Faa.... Foul.

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by amikedo1234567(f): 7:20am On May 23, 2016
I still have hope that they will contact us for the job.

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Segadem(m): 7:22am On May 23, 2016
Good
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by LesbianBoy(m): 7:23am On May 23, 2016
henrygale:
I guess the positions have been filled; guess also u didn't hear of the news that broke out about NNPC and CBN recruiting/ fixing up children and relatives of the APC and the present FG bigwigs some months back?!
They blocked the news and now we ain't hearing anything about it again.
So,its less likely dey recruit soon.
Na Naija we dey; kids/wards of politicians gets juicy jobs while dey push police and oda military jobs to us.
But den,sorry for ur efforts,and I pray u get gud news soon.
Gudluck.

And yet zombies keep saying the days of impunity, corruption and padi-padi is over because buhari the bastard is now president. If you notice, zombies avoided those threads. I am sure if it was done when GEJ was in power they would have being shouting upanda "kwaruption" grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dragnet oil and gas company Aptitude Test may 2012 @ Port harcourt / New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! / FAAN Successful Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.