Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? (38070 Views)

NNPC Recruitment 2018 Exercise- Commencing Soon- Apply Www.nnpcgroup.com / 2012 Nnpc Recruitment Where Are We On It / Fake NNPC Recruitment Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by vickylala239: 7:25am On May 23, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by DanGombe1: 7:32am On May 23, 2016
Well, I have some bad news for you all.

I can tell you with a 100% guarantee that those positions have been filled up. I have 2 friends, one amongst who works in Human Resources at NNPC Towers that got their employment letters based on that recruitment exam. If you have not heard anything concerning the recruitment then sadly your leg is not long enough to get the job. It's a very sad fact but true. Recruitment into these organisations is done largely based on connections and the few candidates they take on merit is merely a smokescreen to hide the monumental fraud that goes on there.

My advice is for you to move on with your life and look for other opportunities. Still waiting and hoping for 2012 recruitment in 2016 is a long shot my brother. I know other candidates that have gotten their slot and have resumed at various NNPC divisions. Take heart and life continues.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by sauceEEP(m): 7:39am On May 23, 2016
That NNPC aptitude test was used by PDP as a campaign tool to win the heart of youths which will in turn translate to more votes coming from the youth end.

If you notice virtually everybody that participated in that aptitude test got a success mail/text. It actually worked for PDP because I can't forget how friends, relatives who participated and got success mails were rallying support for PDP. Their reason then was that if APC wins the presidential election it'll be the end of the recruitment. its absurd how their hatred turned to love overnight.

If you can equally recall, the relatives of some applicants that died during immigration exercise whom were promised automatic employment were given appointment letter's during the build up of the presidential election.

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by anonimi: 7:40am On May 23, 2016
Terry68:
In as much as I share in your pain, there will be no further message to circulate from that firm. Its probably the last time you will ever hear of such, in regards to those vacancies. We are in new era of change.

You're just Lucky; that your address has not been Change too.

We are changing so lot around; from our speech, cars, feeding and way of reasoning.

I pray you open your eyes to see, cos even your pocket has changed or perhaps still changing.

The job has changed to Buhari and family people just like that of the CBN. grin
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by legacy4real(f): 8:06am On May 23, 2016
ogashman:
In 2012,the Nigeria national petroleum corporation (NNPC),advertised vacant positions open for recruitment of unemployed Nigerian youths into the corporation.many people applied.I also applied.after applying, we waited with high hopes that sooner than later we were going to be contacted to come for aptitude test.this did not happen until November 2014;over 2 years after applying for the job.finally,on 6th December, we wrote the aptitude test at various centers across the nation.later in February, 2015 those shortlisted for interview were notified by the consultancy firm dat handled the recruitment process,through txt msgs.the prospective interviewees were told that a time and date for the interview would be communicated in due time.subsequently,wen the polity was heated up due the forthcoming elections,another round of text mgs were sent;telling us to hold-on as they(consultancy firm),re constrained and re putting some logistics in place to ensure a smooth process. that a new date will be made known to us.this was the last we heard from them(both NNPC n the consultancy firm).after the elections which PDP lost,it seemed the whole process have been suspended not minding the huge resources govt spent.
I really need answers from those in the know,as to wat has become our fate regarding this.
I could remember vividly wat one elderly nnpc staff who supervised the exam told us.he said they were going to retire DAT year and we re the ones to replace them,DAT we should put in our best.
and I'm tempted to ask;ve they not retired yet?
if they ve,who re those used to replace their various positions?
I also know that people retire every year from the nnpc.and since 2012,no recruitment has be done(except it was done behind the scene).re they telling us that they ve not or do not intend to replace the retired NNPC staff?

some of us spent huge amt of money travelling down to our various exam centres.we spent and energy.
all these can not just be wasted for nothing at least.

If and only if you guys can do what we did when the FAAN recruitment was like this, you would make a rapid progress.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by blackpanda: 8:32am On May 23, 2016
tempest01:

And what's with the pessimistic message? Why do you write with certainty than there is no more to be heard? Is it hate or you just want to type?

@OP I was among those shortlisted for interview. Just today I went on Twitter to send a message to the minister of petroleum. Hope they don't end up discarding us and doing targeted head hunting.
I remember when we were arguing here in nairaland is GEJ or PMB will be the best option to see out this recruitment, and many went for PMB. Did the devil we know turn out better than the angel we didn't know? We'll find out.

No more recruitment sir....its time for youths to enter farm grin
Nnpc don't have the money to pay fwesh blood shocked
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by makzeze: 8:43am On May 23, 2016
ogashman:
In 2012,the Nigeria national petroleum corporation (NNPC),advertised vacant positions open for recruitment of unemployed Nigerian youths into the corporation.many people applied.I also applied.after applying, we waited with high hopes that sooner than later we were going to be contacted to come for aptitude test.this did not happen until November 2014;over 2 years after applying for the job.finally,on 6th December, we wrote the aptitude test at various centers across the nation.later in February, 2015 those shortlisted for interview were notified by the consultancy firm
Please contact NNPC through this email: contactus@nnpcgroup.com
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Nobody: 8:58am On May 23, 2016
henrygale:
I guess the positions have been filled; guess also u didn't hear of the news that broke out about NNPC and CBN recruiting/ fixing up children and relatives of the APC and the present FG bigwigs some months back?!
They blocked the news and now we ain't hearing anything about it again.
So,its less likely dey recruit soon.
Na Naija we dey; kids/wards of politicians gets juicy jobs while dey push police and oda military jobs to us.
But den,sorry for ur efforts,and I pray u get gud news soon.
Gudluck.
My Guy please try for once and see good in this Country,A lot of mess was created under Gej that it will take a whole lot of time to fix.I will not tell you that the process is still ongoing because i dont know,but what i know is no one has been employed from that process.You guys need to know that the Country is on its knee because of the last administration.Millions of Dollars belonging to NNPC and also CBN Has been siphoned by politician that NNPC Gmd and CBN Gov.can do anything about,Its even becoming glaring that to pay Salary may even be a problem with those organization.
Lets be hopefull that things will improve and lets see if it will be re-visited.At least NNPC can not employ if there is no money to pay those employed.Lets pray for this country to give those ruling now the wisdom of Solomon in this trying times and also for those that have embezzled our future to return them.If you guys were close to Govt.agency under GEJ. and see the looting thta was on then,you will pity this country.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Nobody: 9:03am On May 23, 2016
DanGombe1:
Well, I have some bad news for you all.

I can tell you with a 100% guarantee that those positions have been filled up. I have 2 friends, one amongst who works in Human Resources at NNPC Towers that got their employment letters based on that recruitment exam. If you have not heard anything concerning the recruitment then sadly your leg is not long enough to get the job. It's a very sad fact but true. Recruitment into these organisations is done largely based on connections and the few candidates they take on merit is merely a smokescreen to hide the monumental fraud that goes on there.

My advice is for you to move on with your life and look for other opportunities. Still waiting and hoping for 2012 recruitment in 2016 is a long shot my brother. I know other candidates that have gotten their slot and have resumed at various NNPC divisions. Take heart and life continues.

I Tell you authoritatively that its a lie.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Abuja2013: 9:14am On May 23, 2016
NNPC THAT SUPPOSE TO BE ORGANIZED ORG BUT RATHER COMPANY OF CORRUPTION. MANY TFARE WERE NOT PAID IN 2011 RECRUITMENTS.

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Ranchhoddas: 9:38am On May 23, 2016
strangest:

I think he meant that it has gone the same way the CBN jobs did, the jobs has been filled up by members of the change team..... Funny but very soon there will be no more masquerade job left, so forget NNPC and apply for masquerade jobs now....
Hahahahaha
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by baba11(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2016
sauceEEP:
That NNPC aptitude test was used by PDP as a campaign tool to win the heart of youths which will in turn translate to more votes coming from the youth end.

If you notice virtually everybody that participated in that aptitude test got a success mail/text. It actually worked for PDP because I can't forget how friends, relatives who participated and got success mails were rallying support for PDP. Their reason then was that if APC wins the presidential election it'll be the end of the recruitment. its absurd how their hatred turned to love overnight.

If you can equally recall, the relatives of some applicants that died during immigration exercise whom were promised automatic employment were given appointment letter's during the build up of the presidential election.
You're so on point..everything has been politised.. even Lagos state government did likewise!!!
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by slimikenna(m): 9:42am On May 23, 2016
There is nothing God cannot do. FAAN recruits are smiling now.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by macaranta(m): 9:48am On May 23, 2016
Its the Nija factor...just move on,someday it will be your turn.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by ogashman(m): 10:10am On May 23, 2016
Ishilove:

Lol. After writing their yeye test back in 2011 I gave up on Nigeria and since then never bothered applying again

it is really pathetic.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by henrygale(m): 10:12am On May 23, 2016
nija80:

My Guy please try for once and see good in this Country,A lot of mess was created under Gej that it will take a whole lot of time to fix.I will not tell you that the process is still ongoing because i dont know,but what i know is no one has been employed from that process.You guys need to know that the Country is on its knee because of the last administration.Millions of Dollars belonging to NNPC and also CBN Has been siphoned by politician that NNPC Gmd and CBN Gov.can do anything about,Its even becoming glaring that to pay Salary may even be a problem with those organization.
Lets be hopefull that things will improve and lets see if it will be re-visited.At least NNPC can not employ if there is no money to pay those employed.Lets pray for this country to give those ruling now the wisdom of Solomon in this trying times and also for those that have embezzled our future to return them.If you guys were close to Govt.agency under GEJ. and see the looting thta was on then,you will pity this country.
I was only stating what was made public,which actually was close to the truth that dey employed their own people,and I haven't come across where dey denied it. I never supported GEJ coz the embezzling that happened during his time was so much hence making common man suffer,. Same way I can't support any move made by this govt that will hurt or affect common man negatively while the political class enjoy!
I pray they get it right too coz the earlier they do,d sooner the suffering of the common man is eased.
God bless our land.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by ogashman(m): 10:14am On May 23, 2016
abimic:
Well, I'm pretty sure u have moved on at least from last year, that can't possibly be weighing u down. Be anxious of nothing but be prayerful. From my disposition, i had a lecturer of mine then in the University who got employed with NPDC, probably because he's a professional and it could likely be that they've gone for professionals again and out of public glare. With the way PMB sees things under GEJ as utterly corrupt, he's likely to start afresh,infact, even when some people rightly recruited into one of our security outfits under GEJ had being trained, their admission into the force was paused by PMB. Just be hopeful!

for sure I ve moved on.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by judondasylva(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by kayuseful: 10:42am On May 23, 2016
I'm also one of those who did the test. I got this info from an insider
He said the recruitment files are still intact. They will have done it before the elections, but staff frustrated it on seeing that people want to politicise it.
According to him, nnpc recruitment is STRICTLY on merit. 'long leg' percent is very low (if at all it exists), and in fact that candidate must first pass n meet the basic requirements..
And yes, the corporation is surely understaffed, but the new boss wants to finish his restructuring before he takes inventory n see how to recruit.
your recruitment process may be asked to be revisited, or a fresh one conducted.
whichever one is done, let's wish ourselves best of luck, n remember to prepare hard. I can attest to it that there are still organizations whose recruitment is still very strict.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by presh247(m): 3:16pm On May 23, 2016
God help us all..I have learnt to move on,so should everyone else. We had our lives going on smoothly before the NNPC job,we would achieve our dreams and goals without them too.
Life goes on,with or without NNPC
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by ugofwesh: 6:50pm On May 23, 2016
ogashman:
In 2012,the Nigeria national petroleum corporation (NNPC),advertised vacant positions open for recruitment of unemployed Nigerian youths into the corporation.many people applied.I also applied.after applying, we waited with high hopes that sooner than later we were going to be contacted to come for aptitude test.this did not happen until November 2014;over 2 years after applying for the job.finally,on 6th December, we wrote the aptitude test at various centers across the nation.later in February, 2015 those shortlisted for interview were notified by the consultancy firm dat handled the recruitment process,through txt msgs.the prospective interviewees were told that a time and date for the interview would be communicated in due time.subsequently,wen the polity was heated up due the forthcoming elections,another round of text mgs were sent;telling us to hold-on as they(consultancy firm),re constrained and re putting some logistics in place to ensure a smooth process. that a new date will be made known to us.this was the last we heard from them(both NNPC n the consultancy firm).after the elections which PDP lost,it seemed the whole process have been suspended not minding the huge resources govt spent.
I really need answers from those in the know,as to wat has become our fate regarding this.
I could remember vividly wat one elderly nnpc staff who supervised the exam told us.he said they were going to retire DAT year and we re the ones to replace them,DAT we should put in our best.
and I'm tempted to ask;ve they not retired yet?
if they ve,who re those used to replace their various positions?
I also know that people retire every year from the nnpc.and since 2012,no recruitment has be done(except it was done behind the scene).re they telling us that they ve not or do not intend to replace the retired NNPC staff?

some of us spent huge amt of money travelling down to our various exam centres.we spent and energy.
all these can not just be wasted for nothing at least.
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by KIYEH: 7:35pm On May 23, 2016
But my cocern is that,before ending of this year the four refineries will be privaterlise,how it won't affect the recruitment house?
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by jimmyroger: 6:52am On May 24, 2016
Its very sad that this recruitment process is going this way...though I still pray its ends good but signs it may b called off are nagging big time...cos price of crude is very low to pay old staffs DAT re retiring talkless of new ones...may God helps us all!!!!
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by jimmyroger: 6:55am On May 24, 2016
[quote author=ugofwesh post=45902788][/quote]
Most of them are retired though ...but Nnpc sabi manage things...making use of less staffs this days!!
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by chaktty: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
9ja palava
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by dotstay01: 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
I heard somewhere, not a reliable source though, that the recruitment process will go on. i work with one of the refineries as a temp staff. i can tell u categorically that thier is shortage of staff, they use us and IT attaches to augument possibly cos dey consider it a cheap labour. lets keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Busbar(m): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
dotstay01:
I heard somewhere, not a reliable source though, that the recruitment process will go on. i work with one of the refineries as a temp staff. i can tell u categorically that thier is shortage of staff, they use us and IT attaches to augument possibly cos dey consider it a cheap labour. lets keep our fingers crossed.
True talk
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by EASY32: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
The latest retirement of high profile staff could create the needed vacum for the recruitment
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by chaktty: 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by Valmesk(m): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
sauceEEP:

I don't doubt your position but APC is not better,presently Edo State government is about to recruit 10000 teachers few days to election.....BENIN CITY—OVER 10,000 teachers will soon be recruited into the services of the Edo State Government to address the paucity of teachers in some local government areas of the state, Prince Stephen Alao, chairman of the state Universal Basic Education, SUBEB, has said.
The SUBEB boss who disclosed this to Vanguard, yesterday, said that contracts were currently being awarded for the construction of more schools in the state, adding that over N500 million had been paid to various contractors with a view to facilitate the projects.
Explaining that the government decided to embark on construction of more schools and recruitment of more teachers in the schools due to the influx of pupils into public schools, Alao said that “majority of the people of Edo State, their children attend public schools as a result of the massive school renovation we embarked on.
“Most of our primary schools are now well equipped. Teachers are no longer teaching under the trees.In SUBEB, we are awarding contracts now for more schools to be renovated and the governor was very particular, that there must be a primary school project in the 192 wards in Edo State. This agency has played its role to complement the efforts of the governor at driving quality education delivery in Edo State.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/edo-recruit-10000-teachers-civil-service-subeb-chair/
Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by EngrBaba: 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
The 2012 recruitment exercise is still valid so worry not. Buhari believe in Phillip consultant more than u. after total overhauling of d oil sector thousands will b recruited via 2012 files... OK? U are advice to move on with fingers across for NNPC.... No NNPC job adverts will ever surface until 2012 Phillip project is completed due to d billions spent on d process

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? by WUHE: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Wrote exam in 2012. Got invite to write test in 2015 and this is just 2017 another 2 years that has not finished and someone is opening mouth. Let us wait

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dragnet oil and gas company Aptitude Test may 2012 @ Port harcourt / New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.