Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? (3127 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 / FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by apisadodo(m): 7:01am On May 21, 2016
I am not happy sharing this information because I am also affected in the new fuel price but I just had to share this with you. If we are to face the reality, how expensive is fuel in Nigeria, compared to other countries? At ₦145/Litre, is fuel too expensive in Nigeria? As surprising as it may seem, Nigeria is ranked 12th as per cheapest price of petrol in 173 countries even with the new ₦145 per litre price according to Globalpetrolprices.com In Nigeria, fuel now costs ₦145/L and with the current exchange rate that is fluctuating between ₦320-₦360 to a dollar, it means we are paying about $0.44/L 1. In United States, fuel is sold at the pump price of $0.65/L ( ₦214/L). 2. South Africa - $0.84/L (₦277), 3. Russia $0.55/L (₦181/L), 4. Canada - $0.91/L (₦300/L) 5. Ghana - $0.92 (₦303/L) 6. China - $0.93 (₦306/L) Some will argue that the countries above are not petroleum exporting countries (OPEC) like Nigeria, but what about OPEC member countries like: 7. Angola, where PMS is sold at $1/L (about ₦330), 8. Iraq - $0.64/L (₦211), 9. Venezuela pump price is $0.60/L (₦198/L)withPresident Nicolas Maduro calling the approximately ₦198/Lpump price ‘one of the cheapest in the world’. 10. Even in the oil rich, United Arab Emirates (UAE) PMS is sold at $0.45/L which is about (₦148/L)which is more expensive than the price in Nigeria. According to Globalpetrolprices.com , In Hong Kong, the pump price is set at $1.85/L (about ₦610/L) making the country the most expensive seller of gasoline in the world. With the facts and figures above, at ₦145/L fuel is not expensive, it’s actually one of the cheapest in the world, but because of the poor living conditions of millions of Nigerians, it appears expensive and thus, many Nigerians struggle to afford it. That is why the government needs to provide welfare programs, kill that disease called corruption, invest in electricity, education, fix refineries, provide jobs and reduce poverty in the country

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by luvinhubby(m): 7:03am On May 21, 2016
How many of those countries is $50 per month ttheir minimum wage?

Zombie. angry

28 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by Flexherbal(m): 7:07am On May 21, 2016
When the government has put all the necessary things in place, they can then talk of increment. Not now.
In most of those countries you mentioned, the government there has provided their citizens with basic amenities.

6 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by EasternActivist: 7:07am On May 21, 2016
The question is, can you afford it?

With the naira depreciating against the dollar, it is irrational to compare the fuel price of Nigeria to other countries...

2 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by gabinogem(m): 7:10am On May 21, 2016
Abeg make una leave the fool make him exhibit him folly.

8 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by blackpanda: 7:12am On May 21, 2016
luvinhubby:

Zombie. angry

Isnt that why government wants to increase minimum wage. Yet NLC said no, and useless wailers are opening teeth to support them. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by snezBaba: 7:13am On May 21, 2016
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by aftatechbiz(m): 7:13am On May 21, 2016
apisadodo:

I am not happy sharing this information because I am also affected
in the new fuel price but I just had to share this with you. If we are
to face the reality, how expensive is fuel in Nigeria, compared to
other countries? At ₦145/Litre, is fuel too expensive in Nigeria?
As surprising as it may seem, Nigeria is ranked 12th as per
cheapest price of petrol in 173 countries even with the new ₦145
per litre price according to Globalpetrolprices.com
In Nigeria, fuel now costs ₦145/L and with the current exchange
rate that is fluctuating between ₦320-₦360 to a dollar, it means we
are paying about $0.44/L
1. In United States, fuel is sold at the pump price of $0.65/L
( ₦214/L).
2. South Africa - $0.84/L (₦277),
3. Russia $0.55/L (₦181/L),
4. Canada - $0.91/L (₦300/L)
5. Ghana - $0.92 (₦303/L)
6. China - $0.93 (₦306/L)
Some will argue that the countries above are not petroleum
exporting countries (OPEC) like Nigeria, but what about OPEC
member countries like:
7. Angola, where PMS is sold at $1/L (about ₦330),
8. Iraq - $0.64/L (₦211),
9. Venezuela pump price is $0.60/L (₦198/L)withPresident
Nicolas Maduro calling the approximately ₦198/Lpump price ‘one
of the cheapest in the world’.
10. Even in the oil rich, United Arab Emirates (UAE) PMS is sold at
$0.45/L which is about (₦148/L)which is more expensive than the
price in Nigeria.
According to Globalpetrolprices.com , In Hong Kong, the pump
price is set at $1.85/L (about ₦610/L) making the country the
most expensive seller of gasoline in the world.
With the facts and figures above, at ₦145/L fuel is not expensive,
it’s actually one of the cheapest in the world, but because of the
poor living conditions of millions of Nigerians, it appears
expensive and thus, many Nigerians struggle to afford it.
That is why the government needs to provide welfare programs,
kill that disease called corruption, invest in electricity, education,
fix refineries, provide jobs and reduce poverty in the country

Before you compare petrol prices in dollars to naira, you need to first compare the minimum wage in Nigeria and convert it to dollar, then consider how much a Nigerian is living on per day in dollar.

7 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by kodded(m): 7:14am On May 21, 2016
op show us your fact with a source and not this beer parlour gist undecided

c mynd44
rule 8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:14am On May 21, 2016
Seriously i don't like comparing Nigeria with any other country,and doing that provokes my sensibility angry
Which of these countries is as corrupt, insensitive, exploitative as Nigeria? ??
Which of those countries has refineries but are not functional?
Which of those countries has oil in large quantities as Nigeria ? ?
Can you please provide us wt the minimum wages in those countries..
Our successive government have just been corrupt, visionless, greedy, shortsighted and non revolutionary ...
WE need to rise up against our rulers, we're too docile a people , hence the widespread cheating...☹
Nigeria is the only country where if the citizens try to provide for themselves what the government fails to do, they are termed illegalities...
145 naira is not too much BUT the government has to fulfil its responsibilities responsibly to the people as captioned in the last line of the write up you posted....

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by mccoy47(m): 7:18am On May 21, 2016
Hey zombie! Is 320 d official exchange rate?

5 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by Israel5(m): 7:18am On May 21, 2016
So in essence...?? We should smile and wave?
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by TemmyMatt(m): 7:22am On May 21, 2016
luvinhubby:

Zombie. angry

How many did you confirm?
You guys just talk poo...calling him a zombie without considering yourself first.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by blackpanda: 7:24am On May 21, 2016
luvinhubby:

Zombie. angry

Venezuela is 33000 Bsf i.e $30
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by aftatechbiz(m): 7:45am On May 21, 2016
blackpanda:

Then, What is the purchasing power of that $30 in venezuela? i think one needs to consider that too before concluding.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by Jesusloveyou: 7:47am On May 21, 2016
Flexherbal:
When the government has put all the necessary things in place, they can then talk of increment. Not now.
In most of those countries you mentioned, the government there has provided their citizens with basic amenities
that is what ur ineffectual buffoon fail to provide since 2012, or u want to queue for 3day for 250-300,per litre, until basic amenities are provided.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by blackpanda: 7:52am On May 21, 2016
aftatechbiz:

Then, What is the purchasing power of that $30 in venezuela? i think one needs to consider that too before concluding.

Venezuela has all but descended into civil war. Foodstuff is being rationed and the people are calling for the president's resignation.

Point is, this drop in oil problem is not peculiar to nigeria. Everybody is having a tough time, including saudi arabia

4 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by YourFatherYansh: 7:54am On May 21, 2016
I have no problem with #145/litre...my problem wil only arise wen there is no tangible developmental evidence on ground 2 justify d subsidy removal....
Clearly d idiotic DPR have lost it.....even with diz extravagant fuel prize, some chimpanzic filling stations are selling way beyond d fixed price while some are even pumping lesser fuel at dat given rate....How else can the blacks incur curses upon d race.
To those set of bast.ards advocating for more pipeline vandalism by d riff raffs called NDA and are also complaining about fuel price, power outage , economy hardship wat else can I say Dan UNA FATHER YANSH..........IDiotic dolts

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by Jesusloveyou: 7:57am On May 21, 2016
aftatechbiz:

Before you compare petrol prices in dollars to naira, you need to first compare the minimum wage in Nigeria and convert it to dollar, then consider how much a Nigerian is living on per day in dollar.
are they protesting against minimum wage or low fuel price.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by senatorbayor(m): 7:57am On May 21, 2016
Poor job from agent of propaganda.

You would done well if you had juxtapose the minimum wages of those countries as well.

Note that the countries you mentioned had a good package and palliatives for their citizens before those price came into effective.

Why do our own govt put the cart before the horse ?
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by Yorubasgreat(f): 7:59am On May 21, 2016
What would it profit a man after observing the hardship in the nation went in search of info to convince his fellow country man to accept the hardship..

Op. Why nah?

6 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by MarshRiley(m): 8:03am On May 21, 2016
Asin OP,you went in search of fraudulent informations just to convince us to buy 4 tomatoes for 300 naira?
You mean you want us to buy fuel that we produce with 18k as our minimum wage?what about people with kids to send to school
Guy,you be e-diot

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by Nbote(m): 8:09am On May 21, 2016
D mere fact dat some of U always want to make silly comparisons jus to justify some of the govt's actions means deep down U're not even convinced... U're always willing to compare us with d west especially but only to some extent. How many of those countries u listed has a high unemployment rate like we do? How many of their ppl live on less than $1 a day? How many of dem suffer d infrastructural deficits we do down here? Waterboard is almost like a folklore, Power supply has gone from epileptic to non existent. How many of d ppl in those countries make use of petrol powered generators as their source of power supply In Nigeria d only accessible and affordable means of transportation generally is road transportation, and how many of d ppl can afford air transport? What is d gap between the rich and d poor in those countries? U com to make claims of d govt wanting to increase minimum wage and NLC not agreeing? Some of U r jus intent on playing silly and dumb all d time.. Kip consoling urselves with wateva facts u want to cook up.

2 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by 989900B: 8:10am On May 21, 2016
Dumb comparison!

Check minimum wage.

Use official exchange rate.

How many of them use 'gen' to survive.

How many of them do not have a working train and bus network?

How many of them are oil producing countries without working refineries?

ATEOTD, there are still many countries where fuel is cheaper than 9ja even.

3 Likes

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by luvinhubby(m): 8:18am On May 21, 2016
blackpanda:

Isnt that why government wants to increase minimum wage. Yet NLC said no, and useless wailers are opening teeth to support them. Nonsense

shocked shocked NLC said no to minimum wage increase? shocked

By reasoning you shall know them.

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by tempest01(m): 8:21am On May 21, 2016
Why do you zombies keep doing this?

Apisadodo you are an unrepentant zombie. Because the naira has fallen so much that it has lost its purchasing power, you are now using current exchange rate to make comparisons?

Use 150 to a dollar lets see how that fares. Also have you thought of converting the current minimum wage to dollars and using minimum wage/fuel price as indicators?

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by snezBaba: 8:22am On May 21, 2016
Abeg
Cc Lalasticlala
Mynd44 and co. This is worth discussing,so take it to tge FP(Foreign Land)
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by snezBaba: 8:22am On May 21, 2016
Abeg
Cc Lalasticlala
Mynd4r and co. This is worth discussing,so take it to tge FP(Foreign Land)
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by TheNonce: 8:26am On May 21, 2016
cheesy
apisadodo:

I am not happy sharing this information because I am also affected
in the new fuel price but I just had to share this with you. If we are
to face the reality, how expensive is fuel in Nigeria, compared to
other countries? At ₦145/Litre, is fuel too expensive in Nigeria?
As surprising as it may seem, Nigeria is ranked 12th as per
cheapest price of petrol in 173 countries even with the new ₦145
per litre price according to Globalpetrolprices.com
In Nigeria, fuel now costs ₦145/L and with the current exchange
rate that is fluctuating between ₦320-₦360 to a dollar, it means we
are paying about $0.44/L
1. In United States, fuel is sold at the pump price of $0.65/L
( ₦214/L).
2. South Africa - $0.84/L (₦277),
3. Russia $0.55/L (₦181/L),
4. Canada - $0.91/L (₦300/L)
5. Ghana - $0.92 (₦303/L)
6. China - $0.93 (₦306/L)
Some will argue that the countries above are not petroleum
exporting countries (OPEC) like Nigeria, but what about OPEC
member countries like:
7. Angola, where PMS is sold at $1/L (about ₦330),
8. Iraq - $0.64/L (₦211),
9. Venezuela pump price is $0.60/L (₦198/L)withPresident
Nicolas Maduro calling the approximately ₦198/Lpump price ‘one
of the cheapest in the world’.
10. Even in the oil rich, United Arab Emirates (UAE) PMS is sold at
$0.45/L which is about (₦148/L)which is more expensive than the
price in Nigeria.
According to Globalpetrolprices.com , In Hong Kong, the pump
price is set at $1.85/L (about ₦610/L) making the country the
most expensive seller of gasoline in the world.
With the facts and figures above, at ₦145/L fuel is not expensive,
it’s actually one of the cheapest in the world, but because of the
poor living conditions of millions of Nigerians, it appears
expensive and thus, many Nigerians struggle to afford it.
That is why the government needs to provide welfare programs,
kill that disease called corruption, invest in electricity, education,
fix refineries, provide jobs and reduce poverty in the country

Kachikwu? How far na? So you finally created the moniker? Time to 'wash' these youths from inside their nairaland!

Nice 1.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by EasternActivist: 8:27am On May 21, 2016
Some of these countries intentionally hike their fuel price to discourage high dependence on petrol especially the transportation sector
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by luvinhubby(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2016
blackpanda:

33000 Bsf is $88.9 = 29,000
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by moski5(m): 8:42am On May 21, 2016
@Op its obvious dt yu r using d parallel market price not d stipulated 199
Asides yu should know dt its possible 4 it to sell here 4 #40 if not 4 d Cabals n lack of investment in refineries, corruption just to name a few
NB your Venezuela price ain't correct well last I checked twas #7/l

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of All The Real Oil Block Owners In Nigeria / Niger Delta Militants: Blown Up QCC Delivery Line, Declare Total War On FG, Oil / Danites: Restructuring - What Are Your Ideas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.