Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? (3130 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 / FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by Ovamboland(m): 8:42am On May 21, 2016
luvinhubby:
How many of those countries is $50 per month ttheir minimum wage?

Zombie. angry

Is the minimum wage in Benin, Togo, Burkina Faso, much different from Nigeria, and do they therefore buy petrol at the same price with us?
Wailer!
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by CaptPlanet(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2016
blackpanda:

Isnt that why government wants to increase minimum wage. Yet NLC said no, and useless wailers are opening teeth to support them. Nonsense

Fed govt wanted to increase minimum wage and NLC refused?

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by BankManager(m): 8:46am On May 21, 2016
We have so many zombies in this country..e.g the OP..!!

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by blackpanda: 8:53am On May 21, 2016
CaptPlanet:

Fed govt wanted to increase minimum wage and NLC refused?

Did u not read the news? Minimum wage negotiation was rejected. All they want is strike
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by blackpanda: 8:55am On May 21, 2016
luvinhubby:

33000 Bsf is $88.9 = 29,000

Just the same way $1 = N197 abi
U referring to govt artificial rate which nobody gets
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by CaptPlanet(m): 8:55am On May 21, 2016
Op didn't even consider the value of those country's currencies. Oga the naira is on free fall mode.

If this economic/currency epilepsy continues, #20 naaira will become coins. Tell me what you can purchase with #5 naira today? But u just posted some country's buy fuel in cents....

See the difference

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by blackpanda: 8:57am On May 21, 2016
luvinhubby:

shocked shocked NLC said no to minimum wage increase? shocked

By reasoning you shall know them.

I dont know, but have u been living under a rock Pls go back and read the news
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by CaptPlanet(m): 9:10am On May 21, 2016
blackpanda:

Did u not read the news? Minimum wage negotiation was rejected. All they want is strike

NLC and Tuc proposed the increment, how will they reject it?

Can you gimme a credible link so I can confirm this?
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by luvinhubby(m): 11:52am On May 21, 2016
blackpanda:

Just the same way $1 = N197 abi
U referring to govt artificial rate which nobody gets
Google &/or Wikipidia will help you, easily available to citizens at that official rate.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by TheEclectic: 12:25pm On May 21, 2016
blackpanda:

Isnt that why government wants to increase minimum wage. Yet NLC said no, and useless wailers are opening teeth to support them. Nonsense

I wonder wen u go get sense
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by TheEclectic: 12:27pm On May 21, 2016
Ovamboland:

Is the minimum wage in Benin, Togo, Burkina Faso, much different from Nigeria, and do they therefore buy petrol at the same price with us?
Wailer!

Those countries you mentioned do they have oil?
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by blackpanda: 1:56pm On May 21, 2016
TheEclectic:

I wonder wen u go get sense

Hope u know I can report u now and u will be banned from NL for a month. Be careful
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by rose54321: 2:20pm On May 21, 2016
Dude you don't compare the price in isolation, you do so in relation to the standard of living in the economies.

You need a lesson in economics, our standard of living is poor, World Bank defines poverty has people that live below $1.90 a day, that's like N700 per day(with the current exchange rate), by this definition do you know how many Nigerians are living in poverty??
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by ethical: 2:29pm On May 21, 2016
I just don’t understand why some Nigerians are bent on defending every action of the present government even when it’s against the interest of the masses. Yes, I supported GMB when he was campaigning because I felt that he will perform better than GEJ. Unfortunately, apart from fighting Boko Haram (which in my opinion, he has really done well), this government has taken Nigeria backwards. The economy is a mess and is sinking deeper every day. Even the war on corruption that we all hoped would be total is one sided. I have been privileged to live outside Nigeria for about six years now and that has shown me how heartless our leaders are. At the minimum, Nigerians have the right to affordable health care services, power, education, security and infrastructure. If every Nigerians would realize how our government has consistently cheated us, we will all drag them out of their homes, give them the beating of the lives, lock them up and throw away the keys. You have no business singing their praises and defending people that are responsible for your present circumstances.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by ethical: 2:30pm On May 21, 2016
It’s easy for the present administration to blame the previous government and failing prices of crude oil for everything. How long will this blame game continue? Yes, oil price is low, but with proper management of our available resources Nigerians should not suffer.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by BrokenTV: 2:50pm On May 21, 2016
blackpanda:

I dont know, but have u been living under a rock Pls go back and read the news
have you also considered that majority of the people are unemployed, should we talk about those that have lost their jobs Si. nce last year. Idea of increase in minimu wage will only favour few compare to NLC Stand.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by Validated: 2:50pm On May 21, 2016
apisadodo:

I am not happy sharing this information because I am also affected
in the new fuel price but I just had to share this with you. If we are
to face the reality, how expensive is fuel in Nigeria, compared to
other countries? At ₦145/Litre, is fuel too expensive in Nigeria?
As surprising as it may seem, Nigeria is ranked 12th as per
cheapest price of petrol in 173 countries even with the new ₦145
per litre price according to Globalpetrolprices.com
In Nigeria, fuel now costs ₦145/L and with the current exchange
rate that is fluctuating between ₦320-₦360 to a dollar, it means we
are paying about $0.44/L
1. In United States, fuel is sold at the pump price of $0.65/L
( ₦214/L).
2. South Africa - $0.84/L (₦277),
3. Russia $0.55/L (₦181/L),
4. Canada - $0.91/L (₦300/L)
5. Ghana - $0.92 (₦303/L)
6. China - $0.93 (₦306/L)
Some will argue that the countries above are not petroleum
exporting countries (OPEC) like Nigeria, but what about OPEC
member countries like:
7. Angola, where PMS is sold at $1/L (about ₦330),
8. Iraq - $0.64/L (₦211),
9. Venezuela pump price is $0.60/L (₦198/L)withPresident
Nicolas Maduro calling the approximately ₦198/Lpump price ‘one
of the cheapest in the world’.
10. Even in the oil rich, United Arab Emirates (UAE) PMS is sold at
$0.45/L which is about (₦148/L)which is more expensive than the
price in Nigeria.
According to Globalpetrolprices.com , In Hong Kong, the pump
price is set at $1.85/L (about ₦610/L) making the country the
most expensive seller of gasoline in the world.
With the facts and figures above, at ₦145/L fuel is not expensive,
it’s actually one of the cheapest in the world, but because of the
poor living conditions of millions of Nigerians, it appears
expensive and thus, many Nigerians struggle to afford it.
That is why the government needs to provide welfare programs,
kill that disease called corruption, invest in electricity, education,
fix refineries, provide jobs and reduce poverty in the country

Op, this is why some people call you APC supporters Zombie. One would have expected you to do the following:

Put fuel price per litre alongside minimum wage. I will not waste my time going through all your selected countries, but in Canada fuel is now about CAD$1.09 or N240 (assuming CAD$ ~ N220 using USD/Naira cross rate of N275 - (SCB charged me yesterday)). Now minimum wage in Canada is CAD11.5 per hour. That translates to ($11.5*8Hrs*22days), which gives CAD$2024 or N445,280 per month.
Now, op, compare Nigeria minimum wage of N18,000 to Canadian N445,280 and tell me if your analysis still make any sense

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by Sunnynwa: 3:30pm On May 21, 2016
luvinhubby:
How many of those countries is $50 per month ttheir minimum wage?

Zombie. angry

Leave the zombie op to continue foaming from the mouth.

1 Like

Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by wirinet(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2016
MarshRiley:
Asin OP,you went in search of fraudulent informations just to convince us to buy 4 tomatoes for 300 naira?
You mean you want us to buy fuel that we produce with 18k as our minimum wage?what about people with kids to send to school
Guy,you be e-diot

Correction! We do not produce fuel, we import fuel from countries that produce fuel. No body is convincing you to buy 4 Tomatoes for N300. If the market woman insists of selling her tomatoes for N300 for 4 and you do not have a tomato farm, common sense dictate you find alternatives to fresh tomatoes or do without them entirely. In the same vain, if we refuse to refine petrol, then we mustbuy at market prices, find alternatives to petrol or buy trekking shoes.
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by TheEclectic: 4:35pm On May 21, 2016
blackpanda:

Hope u know I can report u now and u will be banned from NL for a month. Be careful

So u no wan get sense ba? Ok...kwantinu. Oya receive sense!
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by TheEclectic: 4:39pm On May 21, 2016
Validated:

Op, this is why some people call you APC supporters Zombie. One would have expected you to do the following:

Put fuel price per litre alongside minimum wage. I will not waste my time going through all your selected countries, but in Canada fuel is now about CAD$1.09 or N240 (assuming CAD$ ~ N220 using USD/Naira cross rate of N275 - (SCB charged me yesterday)). Now minimum wage in Canada is CAD11.5 per hour. That translates to ($11.5*8Hrs*22days), which gives CAD$2024 or N445,280 per month.
Now, op, compare Nigeria minimum wage of N18,000 to Canadian N445,280 and tell me if your analysis still make any sense

No mind the Op with him yeye analysis. But no problem. He is justifying his pay (stipend).
Re: View World Fuel Price And Tell Me If ₦145/ Litre Is Expensive? by omonnakoda: 5:03pm On May 21, 2016
apisadodo:

I am not happy sharing this information because I am also affected
in the new fuel price but I just had to share this with you. If we are
to face the reality, how expensive is fuel in Nigeria, compared to
other countries? At ₦145/Litre, is fuel too expensive in Nigeria?
As surprising as it may seem, Nigeria is ranked 12th as per
cheapest price of petrol in 173 countries even with the new ₦145
per litre price according to Globalpetrolprices.com
In Nigeria, fuel now costs ₦145/L and with the current exchange
rate that is fluctuating between ₦320-₦360 to a dollar, it means we
are paying about $0.44/L
1. In United States, fuel is sold at the pump price of $0.65/L
( ₦214/L).
2. South Africa - $0.84/L (₦277),
3. Russia $0.55/L (₦181/L),
4. Canada - $0.91/L (₦300/L)
5. Ghana - $0.92 (₦303/L)
6. China - $0.93 (₦306/L)
Some will argue that the countries above are not petroleum
exporting countries (OPEC) like Nigeria, but what about OPEC
member countries like:
7. Angola, where PMS is sold at $1/L (about ₦330),
8. Iraq - $0.64/L (₦211),
9. Venezuela pump price is $0.60/L (₦198/L)withPresident
Nicolas Maduro calling the approximately ₦198/Lpump price ‘one
of the cheapest in the world’.
10. Even in the oil rich, United Arab Emirates (UAE) PMS is sold at
$0.45/L which is about (₦148/L)which is more expensive than the
price in Nigeria.
According to Globalpetrolprices.com , In Hong Kong, the pump
price is set at $1.85/L (about ₦610/L) making the country the
most expensive seller of gasoline in the world.
With the facts and figures above, at ₦145/L fuel is not expensive,
it’s actually one of the cheapest in the world, but because of the
poor living conditions of millions of Nigerians, it appears
expensive and thus, many Nigerians struggle to afford it.
That is why the government needs to provide welfare programs,
kill that disease called corruption, invest in electricity, education,
fix refineries, provide jobs and reduce poverty in the country
What does the word EXPENSIVE mean can you define it for the purpose that you have used it. The issue is not whether it is expensive or not but its affordability which comes down to percentage of income. What percentage of the salary of a Teacher in Nigeria does it take to fill a tank ? What percentage of Minimum wage?. Now compare the same data for the countries you have cited instead of giving data in a vacuum.
Minimum wage in the US is $7.25 which means working a 40 hour week one will earn $1250 a month and at US price of about $1 a liter one would spend $100 a month or 8% of monthly earnings to buy 100 litres a month on MINIMUM wage whilst in Nigeria on minimum wage of 18000 at 145 per litre one would spend 14500 or 81% if on minimum wage. Of course this is illustrative and one could argue minimum wage earners do not have cars but to spend the same 8% as a minimum wage earner in the US means you have to earn 10X yes ten times the minimum wage in Nigeria i.e 180000 a month. How many Nigerians earn that . But if you use the word "EXPENSIVE" Then this is what it should mean

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Ozekhome Said After Been Booed At Gani Fawehinmi Lecture / "I Will Make One Naira Equal To One Dollar" -- PMB [throwback] / 2.6m poor Nigerians to benefit from FG’s cash transfer intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.