Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response (3157 Views)

Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck / 2004 Toyota Corolla Sport Or 2005 Mercedez Benz C230 Komporessor ??? / Acceleration Problem With BMW X5 3.0 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response by iamdiamond(m): 9:42am On May 21, 2016
good morning. please i have a Benz c230 kompressor 4 plug 2003 that has a poor acceleration. I will have to push the pedal completely down to the floor to make it move. I have changed complete fuel pump and new plugs no improvement. my Mech now says I should change the airflow meter and throttle body. scanned but no codes. should I go ahead to change them?
Re: Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response by Gazuzz(m): 11:02am On May 21, 2016
iamdiamond:
good morning. please i have a Benz c230 kompressor 4 plug 2003 that has a poor acceleration. I will have to push the pedal completely down to the floor to make it move. I have changed complete fuel pump and new plugs no improvement. my Mech now says I should change the airflow meter and throttle body. scanned but no codes. should I go ahead to change them?

don't touch the throttle body, replace airflowmeter only.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response by iamdiamond(m): 9:57pm On May 21, 2016
Gazuzz:

don't touch the throttle body, replace airflowmeter only.

my Mech removed the airflow meter today and we saw it was dirty both with oil and dust. he suggested we clean it. should I go ahead with him or just change it? does cleaning really work?
Re: Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response by Gazuzz(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2016
iamdiamond:

my Mech removed the airflow meter today and we saw it was dirty both with oil and dust. he suggested we clean it. should I go ahead with him or just change it? does cleaning really work?

how did it go? Maf with oil is a big issue, start from solving the oil contamination, you might have a bad PCV. Valve, and a bad air filter. Cleaning might work but will only be temporary.
Re: Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response by powerstone(f): 4:11pm On May 24, 2016
change the airflow
Re: Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response by kingreign(m): 7:56am On May 25, 2016
iamdiamond:
Check the MAF ensure the maf has no air leakages from the joints, and arrest the cause of oil contamination. Try cleaning the MAF thoroughly with appropriate MAF cleaners, and install properly with sockets attached properly. When you do, carry out a MAF/throttle pedal relearn procedure. If MAF is still unresponsive, replace MAF with a working MAF.

NOTE: some Audi/VW has MAF similar in shape and dimension to a W203, but they're NOT compatible beware of fake cloned MAF.
Re: Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 25, 2016
Don't forget to clean or replace your air filter too.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response by 9icetoo(m): 9:21pm On May 25, 2016
I wonder why mafs on Mercedes and volks products don't throw error codes when they fail.
cleaning it might work if the thin film is still okay. be careful when cleaning it. do not use thinner to clean it. use isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirit. do not rub anything on the film. you may be tempted to but don't. it easily gets damaged. you can Google appropriate ways to clean it. a maf cleaner will work best though. and as stated above, cure the source of oil contamination too. I hope you are not using a k&n filter
Re: Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response by kingreign(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2016
9icetoo:
I wonder why mafs on Mercedes and volks products don't throw error codes when they fail.
cleaning it might work if the thin film is still okay. be careful when cleaning it. do not use thinner to clean it. use isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirit. do not rub anything on the film. you may be tempted to but don't. it easily gets damaged. you can Google appropriate ways to clean it. a maf cleaner will work best though. and as stated above, cure the source of oil contamination too. I hope you are not using a k&n filter

It does... But you need a dealer level diagnostic tool to show most time.

(1) (Reply)

Best Cars For Women / Toyota Carinae 1997 Vs Toyota Camry 1996 Orobo / My 2006 Bank Type Toyota Corolla Consumes Much Fuel With AC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.