Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off (2343 Views)

. / Help! Laptop Battery Problem / Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by BrosMayowa(m): 10:15am On May 21, 2016
Computer engineers, help a brother
I charged my battery full last night, used it for a few hours (while plugged in), then went to sleep. Only to wake up this morning and the laptop would not even power on. It's just indicating a low battery LED light meaning the battery charge has been zapped out!

What do you think has happened o? I suspect a software or driver problem because the battery is still quite new - I bought it six months ago and it has never really shown any remote sign of degradation. Yes, batteries eventually wear out but not from a sudden 100%-0% in the middle of the night! Besides, I'm 100% certain that I shut down properly - not hibernation or sleep
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by ladyF(f): 10:19am On May 21, 2016
Lol my broda, your laptop has turned to TV. grin It has happened to me before. Just change the battery.

Put on gen and on it while it's charging, you'll see it will come on.
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by Greatzeus(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2016
What i think could cause it is if you were charging your phone with your laptop,the laptop battery drops while your phone charges,but you didnt say anything like charging your phone.
Another thing is If the battery is getting bad,but even though it will only drop fast but not so sudden,also only when in use not when off
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by BrosMayowa(m): 10:39am On May 21, 2016
Greatzeus:
What i think could cause it is if you were charging your phone with your laptop,the laptop battery drops while your phone charges,but you didnt say anything like charging your phone.
Another thing is If the battery is getting bad,but even though it will only drop fast but not so sudden,also only when in use not when off

Probably.. because I was charging my spectranet at the time but I kept the laptop plugged in. Thanks for your contribution though
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by BrosMayowa(m): 10:40am On May 21, 2016
ladyF:
Lol my broda, your laptop has turned to TV. grin It has happened to me before. Just change the battery.

Put on gen and on it while it's charging, you'll see it will come on.

Really? Choi!
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by ladyF(f): 10:45am On May 21, 2016
BrosMayowa:

Really? Choi!
lol pele...
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by khorlynz(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2016
remove the battery and discharge the static from your system by pressing down the power switch then charge till the battery get to 100%

1 Like

Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by BrosMayowa(m): 1:58pm On May 21, 2016
khorlynz:
remove the battery and discharge the static from your system by pressing down the power switch then charge till the battery get to 100%

I'll try this. Thanks
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by horllamy(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2016
BrosMayowa:
I charged my battery full last night, used it for a few hours (while plugged in), then went to sleep. Only to wake up this morning and the laptop would not even power on. It's just indicating a low battery LED light meaning the battery charge has been zapped out!

What do you think has happened o? I suspect a software or driver problem because the battery is still quite new - I bought it six months ago and it has never really shown any remote sign of degradation. Yes, batteries eventually wear out but not from a sudden 100%-0% in the middle of the night! Besides, I'm 100% certain that I shut down properly - not hibernation or sleep

Guy I think the battery is spoil due to over charging ......what you need to do now is to get another battery you don't need to go far.
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by Lexusgs430: 4:03am On May 22, 2016
BrosMayowa:

Why not charge it to 100%, take out battery and replace in the morning and check status. Then,
Charge it to 100% again, leave battery inserted in laptop, check in the morning for status
NB: Both experiments would surely point you in a direction
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by olaremint(m): 4:19am On May 22, 2016
I have similar issues with my HP elite notebook, battery after fully charged, gets drained if left alone for a week or two and when finally charged last between 45 mins or an hour depending on usage. would appreciate any advice.
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by BrosMayowa(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2016
Thanks to everyone who contributed. I tried @khorlynz's tip as suggested. It worked just fine and now the laptop works just like it does normally. Albeit, I still think the battery is being to degrade materially.

Or I'm noticing it now because I never really cared about it before.
Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by BrosMayowa(m): 2:56pm On May 23, 2016
Thanks to everyone who contributed. I tried @khorlynz's tip as suggested. It worked just fine and now the battery works just like it does normally. Albeit, I still think the battery is being to degrade materially.

Re: Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off by khorlynz(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2016
BrosMayowa:
Thanks to everyone who contributed. I tried @khorlynz's tip as suggested. It worked just fine and now the battery works just like it does normally. Albeit, I still think the battery is being to degrade materially.

Thank God @Brosmayowa...

(1) (Reply)

Oracle Vs Ccna / (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop / Dell Inspiron 15 5559 - 8GB RAM, Core i7|i5|i3, Face ID, Touchscreen, Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.