Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari (28030 Views)

List Of 16 States Ready To Establish Cattle Colonies For Herdsmen / If Things Are Not Going Well In Nigeria Is Not My Fault - BUHARI / FG To Build Ranches, Grazing Reserves For Fulani Herdsmen Across Nigeria – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by bilazego(m): 10:46pm On May 21, 2016
Grazing reserves is equal to given fulanies territory in every state. we should never allow this down south.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 21, 2016
Failed Administration, where even a maker of the so called law doesn't know the version of the budget that is on play... One budget with plenty versions... Shame on APC!!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW...

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Qualityfreedom: 10:57pm On May 21, 2016
Yoruba people are the cause of this problem we are facing in this country today, without Yoruba's voting for this cows, there is no way they will make it to Aso Rock. Imaging 1b naira to buy arms for herdsmen so that they will conquer the south.
I said it before and am saying it again,grazing bill is a national policy as a continuation of Islamic agenda of those cows in the ugwu.
Allocating 1b naira for terrorist, is it not worst than the corruption they are accusing gej government of. I understand that NASS approved budget they don't even know the content. confused and corrupt government lead by Aboki.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 21, 2016
400billionman:

What amount of land will be sold to Ministry of Agriculture for paltry N940m in 36 states ?

So cattle rearing is now a national business ? Do they pay tax or contribute to Foreign Exchange earnings ?

Mind yaself o.

Pls can u show me anywhere where d FG said they want to start rearing cattle on behalf on herdsmen in d 36 states?
Most of what u pple attack are d figments of ur imagination.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 21, 2016
Ugosample:

My question is why is land bought on behalf of the herdsmen?
Can't they use the money to buy it for themselves?

So u think d FG just budgeted N940m to start buying lands and dash it to pple for free?
I'm yet to see anyone who can prove that.
Even a southern senator noted that no such thing was appropriated
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Splashme: 11:20pm On May 21, 2016
Dereformer:
Oh! Thank you Almighty God. This is happening in my life time. So SE, SS, SW and MB can actually support the same course. This is unbelievable, especially for SE and SW to speak with one voice and stand on the same page.

Imagine what will happen if these four regions: SE, SS, SW and MB align together politically.

Now back to the issue. I thought they said that 85% of lands in Nigeria belong to the North. So why not create a grazing reserve in the North and leave the south and MB alone!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by freeze001(f): 11:44pm On May 21, 2016
mfm04622:
You are crying Private Ranching, what will happen to the herder that don't have the means to go into private ranching? Create more unemployment? The USA, land of capitalism have public lands (mean Government land) that is reserved for grazing animals! The land will NOT b given to them! It will remain Government land available for all to use! This will also ensure that herders are taxed, their children can go to school, farmers can farm in peace, etc! Yes, private ranching is good, but we need to start from somewhere

A lot of those already unemployed and roaming around or seeking what to do also lack capital n support with which to start a business or even get educated n probably secure a job so who's appropriating almost 1B Naira for them? They're not nomadic and don't poach off other people's lands so what's the solution for them? You fail to realise that the owners of the cattle aren't necessarily the drivers or herders of their livestock. They are businessmen so they should purchase enough land in their states or wherever they want to be provided d state govt is amenable.

Govt needs to provide policies n laws mandating the accommodation of cattle within standard ranches within a specified period of time and then provide training, soft loans n support. That's the progressive n meaningful thing to do rather than promote that nomadic existence in places that don't have anything in common with nomads!

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 21, 2016
Opharhe:
What the govt. should do through the ministry of Agriculture is what is called farmer education for the fulani herdsmen especially in the best way they should relate with farmers they encounter in the course of grazing at least for the time being. But most importantly, they should be encouraged to set up ranches, and embrace modern systems- THAT'S THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION. There's more than enough lands for this up North. The ministry of Agric. can also create a productive value chain from this. Fallow lands can be irrigated up north and used for large-scale grass cultivation(i thought they were importing good quality ones from Brazil?), hay or other forms of feed bought by farmers and used in feeding the cattle; cow dung used for manure and even biogas etc. On financing, the FG should help by providing loans, just like it's done to other farmers, on single digit to cattle rearers wanting to establish ranches. N940 million(that's 1 Billion) of Nigeria's money for free to aid cattle farmers? It's outright partiality. This grazing reserve issue coming form the FG does not make sense. There are better ways to do these without trampling on the sensibilities of Nigerians.
FYI: Atiku has decided to take the bull by the horn by establishing ranches 'nationwide' and a big feed processing plant in Abuja(he already has one in Adamawa, his home state). That is the way to go.

Thanks sir.

Very nice input sir.
On d education of fulani herdsmen, I don't think that's even necessary. Why? because deep down pple know what's right or wrong n d criminal ones will continue to be criminals. How feasible is it to carry out such training when some of dem r not even Nigerians. Even after d training, u'll still hear of clashes btw herdsmen n flashes.
I also blame customs n immigration for allowing our borders to be so porous. Give dem bribes n they turn d other way. I don't know what bizness outsiders have coming here to raise cattle
Most of d herdsmen we see r not even d real owners of d cattle. So d sensitization should start from d big alhajis up north who actually own d cattle. Even Igbo men in d north own cattle too and d cattle is herded down south for grazing. The era of raising cattle d cheap way should STOP.
I recommend ranches 100%.
D real cattle goons have been so lazy entrepreneur wise n have chosen instead 2 do cattle bizness d caveman way. Maybe if Dangote had shown interest in cattle farming, we won't be facing all these mess.

Believe me, d much circulated quip abt d govt dashing money 2 favor cattle rearers is unfounded (all tnx to social media bigots). Nigeria does not have dat kind of money to throw around. I agree with u dat they shud be supported with loans on setting up d ranches, just like loans r given 2 other farmers.

Another thing I suggest is dat all cattle herders (in d meantime) should be issued ID cards bearing license numbers, states of origin, owner of cattle, etc to properly identify dem. This can be done thru their leaders.
Security operatives n even vigilante groups can identify dem with this. Those who move abt w/o it should be arrested. This can help differentiate btw d real herdsmen n terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by mickey45: 11:49pm On May 21, 2016
cktheluckyman:

the probability of creating grazing reserves outside the North is zero.Just like his ancestor Othman Dan fodio.Buhari's Jihadi adventure in the south and MB will be met with a disastrous failure.

The mere idea of creating grazing reserves is utter balderdash in the first place, Why not just mandate every cattle herder to create holding pens for his cattle and family, why have to subsidize their cost of doing business? Mind you though, a larger portion of the money may end up in private pockets.
Moreover, information exists that the murderers are not the actual cattle herders themselves but mercenaries sponsored by the very people who want to create a ranching allowance entry in our nation's annual budget.
same way "boko haram" has become a pipeline for siphoning funds lately
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 21, 2016
Opharhe:
But what most southerners are saying is if any fulani or anybody at all wants land for cattle business or soothing like that, come and obtain the land, the normal way, establish a ranch and keep your cattle with the confines of that ranch so that it doesn't disturb farmers.
D truth is dat d southerners (esp ipob buhari-hating igbos) do not even understand what they're saying. Pick one randomly n ask dem 2 explain d actual details of d much talked abt 'grazing reserves' n they'll just start mouthing their hate-filled imaginations. 'Grazing reserves' means fulanis in collabo with PMB are coming 2 dia lands 2 kill dem all, islamize dem, rule dem or whateva cheesy

U can verify this from comments here
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Godstraight(m): 12:34am On May 22, 2016
Wealthgang:

D truth is dat d southerners (esp ipob buhari-hating igbos) do not even understand what they're saying. Pick one randomly n ask dem 2 explain d actual details of d much talked abt 'grazing reserves' n they'll just start mouthing their hate-filled imaginations. 'Grazing reserves' means fulanis in collabo with PMB are coming 2 dia lands 2 kill dem all, islamize dem, rule dem or whateva cheesy

U can verify this from comments here
see oga like my Edo senator talk " the graving reserves won't even be discussed at the floor of Senate",see take your f*cking reserve to the north is that too hard to ask?
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 1:21am On May 22, 2016
Thought they said Nigeria is broke?!!!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by BlackBaron: 2:19am On May 22, 2016
I'd be more interested in Government encouraging unemployed youths having farms that can produce all the bales of grasses needed for consumption and the cattle rearers in comparison would have to seek out private lands from willing sellers.

Missed opportunity for nomads looking at purely beef, ignoring the possibility of further profitability via dairy farming, leather and sale of manure. The latter is also possible for biogas to sell on or produce their own off grid electricity like done in India and Kenyan farms.

Ultimately, except within the confines of ranches, rearing bovine livestock outside of designated areas should be a chargeable offence.

2 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by hausameat: 4:01am On May 22, 2016
Wealthgang:
The sad thing is, a lot of d pple who have commented here can't read n comprehend. Ignorant hate-filled bigots

“Meanwhile, a cross-section of senators from the SOUTHERN part of the country explained that the N940m in the 2016 budget was NOT meant for the controversial grazing reserves.”

“The Chairman, Senate Committee on Information,
ENYINNAYA ABARIBE, said the executive could not vote
money for the controversial grazing reserve routes without
sending a bill for its creation.
Abaribe said there was NO bill before the National
Assembly on the establishment of grazing reserves.”

He said, “The Federal Ministry of Agriculture wants to use
the N940m in its budget to purchase land, in any part of
the country and create grazing reserves which will act as
last option in case of any emergency...”

Also, the senator representing Oyo South, Adesoji Akanbi,
said......“We don’t have any problem with the Federal
Ministry of Agriculture buying lands to carry out any
project, but we are opposed to forceful takeover of state
lands to create routes exclusively for herdsmen”

That is all u need to know abt grazing reserves. Nobody said they'll chase u out of ur land or forcefully take ur land to give to fulani cattle rearers. Saying so is simply making senseless strawman arguments.
If people/communities do not willingly sell lands to d ministry of Agric, no one will come there and forcefully take their land(s). That's why we have lawyers.

Be informed and stop following popular unreasonable trends or hashtags
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Opharhe: 4:54am On May 22, 2016
Wealthgang:

Very nice input sir.
On d education of fulani herdsmen, I don't think that's even necessary. Why? because deep down pple know what's right or wrong n d criminal ones will continue to be criminals. How feasible is it to carry out such training when some of dem r not even Nigerians. Even after d training, u'll still hear of clashes btw herdsmen n flashes.
I also blame customs n immigration for allowing our borders to be so porous. Give dem bribes n they turn d other way. I don't know what bizness outsiders have coming here to raise cattle
Most of d herdsmen we see r not even d real owners of d cattle. So d sensitization should start from d big alhajis up north who actually own d cattle. Even Igbo men in d north own cattle too and d cattle is herded down south for grazing. The era of raising cattle d cheap way should STOP.
I recommend ranches 100%.
D real cattle goons have been so lazy entrepreneur wise n have chosen instead 2 do cattle bizness d caveman way. Maybe if Dangote had shown interest in cattle farming, we won't be facing all these mess.

Believe me, d much circulated quip abt d govt dashing money 2 favor cattle rearers is unfounded (all tnx to social media bigots). Nigeria does not have dat kind of money to throw around. I agree with u dat they shud be supported with loans on setting up d ranches, just like loans r given 2 other farmers.

Another thing I suggest is dat all cattle herders (in d meantime) should be issued ID cards bearing license numbers, states of origin, owner of cattle, etc to properly identify dem. This can be done thru their leaders.
Security operatives n even vigilante groups can identify dem with this. Those who move abt w/o it should be arrested. This can help differentiate btw d real herdsmen n terrorists.
Ok sir. I think I'm clearer on the money the FG is spending now. It's purchasing the land through the ministry of Agriculture so it's govt. land and it'll be purchased to help the situation. So it's not really a dash as such as the land will still belong to the Fed. Min. Of Agric. I agree with your other points 100%. People should be adequately carried along in these issues through proper info. dissemination and public enlightenment. Thanks for the discourse sir, it's been interesting i must say.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Opharhe: 4:56am On May 22, 2016
BlackBaron:
I'd be more interested in Government encouraging unemployed youths having farms that can produce all the bales of grasses needed for consumption and the cattle rearers in comparison would have to seek out private lands from willing sellers.

Missed opportunity for nomads looking at purely beef, ignoring the possibility of further profitability via dairy farming, leather and sale of manure. The latter is also possible for biogas to sell on or produce their own off grid electricity like done in India and Kenyan farms.

Ultimately, except within the confines of ranches, rearing bovine livestock outside of designated areas should be a chargeable offence.

Spot on.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Opharhe: 5:03am On May 22, 2016
Godgay:
see oga like my Edo senator talk " the graving reserves won't even be discussed at the floor of Senate",see take your f*cking reserve to the north is that too hard to ask?
It wasn't a senator that said that according to the report but a member, Edo state house of assembly and i support it. I think the problem here is information gap. I'm a very fierce opposition to the issue to mapping out grazing reserves especially in the south too. But from what i understand now, the Min. Of Agric. Will use this money to obtain land for the purpose. So it's still govt. Land. And our senators have stated it clearly that it'll be a very tall dream to forcefully take land from states, without the normal process, for reserves of such. Let's not forget the powers over land allocation resides with the state govt. So i think it's fair.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by agbamaso: 6:04am On May 22, 2016
Please someone should help me out. Fulanis are individual people with their own business of raring cattle and farmers are individual in a community producing food. Now federal government high jack fulanis issue into budgeting it in national budget. When do fulanis issue become a national problem.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by mfm04622: 6:55am On May 22, 2016
freeze001:

A lot of those already unemployed and roaming around or seeking what to do also lack capital n support with which to start a business or even get educated n probably secure a job so who's appropriating almost 1B Naira for them? They're not nomadic and don't poach off other people's lands so what's the solution for them? You fail to realise that the owners of the cattle aren't necessarily the drivers or herders of their livestock. They are businessmen so they should purchase enough land in their states or wherever they want to be provided d state govt is amenable.

Govt needs to provide policies n laws mandating the accommodation of cattle within standard ranches within a specified period of time and then provide training, soft loans n support. That's the progressive n meaningful thing to do rather than promote that nomadic existence in places that don't have anything in common with nomads!

1B Naira for grazing reserves this year. How much have been spent of subsidising fertilisers for so long? How much was spent of subsidising seedlings? Govt at all levels also provide land for farming. Please go and confirm this. But to provide land for grazing is the problem? Let us be fair please!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by osusuallstars: 6:56am On May 22, 2016
SAMBISSA FOREST IS BIG ENOUGH AND
SUITABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF GRAZING RESERVE.. IT WILL ALSO SERVE A DUAL PURPOSE, IN THAT BH WILL NOT HAVE A HIDING PLACE AGAIN .
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by freeze001(f): 7:23am On May 22, 2016
mfm04622:

1B Naira for grazing reserves this year. How much have been spent of subsidising fertilisers for so long? How much was spent of subsidising seedlings? Govt at all levels also provide land for farming. Please go and confirm this. But to provide land for grazing is the problem? Let us be fair please!

Don't forget that all the lands in this country belong to the people as ancestral heritages. It is for the purpose of law n order and administrative convenience that a government holds land in trust for the people. Fulani nomads are transient but still have a place of origin.

Now, people particularly farmers have always farmed from time immemorial. Those who go into crop agriculture or any other kind like poultry n rearing of other animals as a business normally have to buy more land or approach village heads of wherever they wish to operate and then abide by terms n conditions. The government in its role, subsidises fertiliser, farm machinery and whatnot but it is not free! How much more for the cattle rearers that have no ancestral link to a particular area! It will be offensive to the tradition of the original owners of the land especially when the same herders have been known for their violent and criminal activities.

That is why I said government should provide soft loans at low interest rates, training on standard ranching practices, and so on. Even the grass they are importing, it's a tolerable part of government contribution. If d government must provide lands then it should fall to the governors of the states. The cattle rearers in their committees or association can approach state governments for an allocation of land for the purpose and they should keep to the terms of acquisition, whether a lease, outright purchase or whatever. They ought not to traverse the length n boundaries of the states n regions because the FG has provided routes. It is also unconscionable for d FG to allocate scarce resources just for that purpose. Do they allocate money for providing agricultural land at Federal level?

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by criuze(m): 7:36am On May 22, 2016
No wonder the budget took some decades to be released. But I think the Avengers will have answers to this... Men nigeria stinks. Its decaying fast
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 7:56am On May 22, 2016
Buhari will die before the year runs out

2 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by ibkgab001: 8:16am On May 22, 2016
Solotime.... I gotta run lucifer above me , in a thread that has to do with satanic plans of devilish BUhari
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by intrepidJ: 9:25am On May 22, 2016
ibkgab001:
Solotime.... I gotta run lucifer above me , in a thread that has to do with satanic plans of devilish BUhari

Did someone say lucifer is here?

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 9:29am On May 22, 2016
Opharhe:
Ok sir. I think I'm clearer on the money the FG is spending now. It's purchasing the land through the ministry of Agriculture so it's govt. land and it'll be purchased to help the situation. So it's not really a dash as such as the land will still belong to the Fed. Min. Of Agric. I agree with your other points 100%. People should be adequately carried along in these issues through proper info. dissemination and public enlightenment. Thanks for the discourse sir, it's been interesting i must say.

My pleasure sir

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2016
Tellemall:

Your comparison between roads and personal business is just analogous.

Why is it that supporters of the bill do not demand free fertilizers and land for other people doing their PRIVATE, PERSONAL businesses?

What makes a bunch of marauders so much more important than states that such a chunk of the budget should be allocated to making them comfortable.

Call a spade a spade. What are the true reasons for funding all this?

Rather than using the military to CRUSH/BOMB OUT these herdsmen, the decision has been made to give a lot of money to making terrorists from Libya (to borrow the words now being used to describe Hausa people) more comfortable. It's this the serious stance of the leader who Nigerians voted in?

Can we treat violence with gentility in all aspects nationally, or is it a selective preference?

Is the government going to appease everybody or only just the strangers from Libya with guns, instead of disarming them and deporting them?

Be honest with yourself. Stop being so anti Igbo and try and see beyond the colors of bigotry.
I read that man's post and do not see where he mentioned anyin Ibo, so there is no question of him being anti ibo! Why is it that when somebdy supports govt policy he automatically becomes anti ibo? Why is it that Nig is the only country where Fgovt is blamed for evrtin! When govt does not act it gets blamed, when it acts it also gets blamed! Why aren't we criticising FG for proposing to invest over 500b on agriculture which is also a private biz? Over the years FG have alws subsidised fertilizers for our farmers,isn't farming also a private biz? Why is 940m all of a sddenly such a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge sum of money that is causing such a national outcry? It goes to show the level hate ibos ve for fulanis! Its not even as if govt wants to put the money in their(Herdsmen) pockets, rather govt only seeks to settle them at reserves to make it easy for them to be monitored, censused and taxed! How is this diff frm Lagos govt building shops and shopping mall for traders? U will quickly tell me that traders pay rent,now who told us that herdsmen will not? Govt has a responsibility to provide infrastructure for any biz that pple re interested in, moreso that this reserves will put an end to an aged-long bloodshed! Why is bigotry now soooooooo endemic in Nig that even educated pple ve turned illiterates? If u can do away with hate, bigotry and hypocrisy u jus might see the good in this!

2 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Yorobastard(m): 11:21am On May 22, 2016
Why does the north collect more allocation from the government becos of land size and can't sort out grazing whatever on their states. Are these people mad
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by 1Emmy: 12:57pm On May 22, 2016
The south must strongly oppose this grazing reserve.
We shall reject it now before we regret tomorrow.
If the president could map out such huge amount of money for the so called grazing reserve that means he does not mean well for us.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Tellemall: 3:10pm On May 22, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I read that man's post and do not see where he mentioned anyin Ibo, so there is no question of him being anti ibo! Why is it that when somebdy supports govt policy he automatically becomes anti ibo? Why is it that Nig is the only country where Fgovt is blamed for evrtin! When govt does not act it gets blamed, when it acts it also gets blamed! Why aren't we criticising FG for proposing to invest over 500b on agriculture which is also a private biz? Over the years FG have alws subsidised fertilizers for our farmers,isn't farming also a private biz? Why is 940m all of a sddenly such a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge sum of money that is causing such a national outcry? It goes to show the level hate ibos ve for fulanis! Its not even as if govt wants to put the money in their(Herdsmen) pockets, rather govt only seeks to settle them at reserves to make it easy for them to be monitored, censored and taxed! How is this diff frm Lagos govt building shops and shopping mall for traders? U will quickly tell me that traders pay rent,now who told us that herdsmen will not? Govt has a responsibility to provide infrastructure for any biz that pple re interested in, moreso that this reserves will put an end to an aged-long bloodshed! Why is bigotry now soooooooo endemic in Nig that even educated pple ve turned illiterates? If u can do away with hate, bigotry and hypocrisy u jus might see the good in this!

Why have you not confronted his earlier rants against Igbo people? Instead you are so ethnically pure of mind that you jump to your conclusions.

When did telling somebody who was very clearly raving against Igbo people to stop being bigoted become anti government? Yet you claim to be literate. Yet you want to "enlighten" others.

Remove thou the specks you think you see, but bear thee thine beam comfortably.

Farming fertilizers are for everybody in the whole country to use, and they are subsidized What we are being made to understand is that the sum of money you quoted is to be used to settle the private affairs of certain Libyan herdsmen, rather than bringing them to book.

Of course, you see nothing wrong in that. I mean, agricultural money should be of great benefit to Libyan herdsmen who destroy farms as they plow their way through the country killing people, because we are all literates and pro government and not anti Igbo in any way at all.

Meanwhile, everybody in the country owns the commodity crude oil, but by no means should the impoverished people of those communities be provided for. In fact, they need to be bombed out, because we are all literates and pro government and not anti Igbo in any way at all.

No ethnicity = much ethnicity.

How on earth do you reason that 940m should be used for grazing reserves for the private business of some Libyan terrorists and try to justify it all? Is subsidized fertilizer not for everybody? Do the people who use it still not buy it? Shouldn't everybody in the country practising agriculture also receive free land and then when the profits from sales are made it enters their own personal pockets? Are the Libyan cows government property? Or will the herdsmen not claim ownership of them? No wonder ethnic lines have been drawn. When you want to reward evil with good, what else do you expect?
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:28pm On May 22, 2016
Tellemall:

Why have you not confronted his earlier rants against Igbo people? Instead you are so ethnically pure of mind that you jump to your conclusions.

When did telling somebody who was very clearly raving against Igbo people to stop being bigoted become anti government? Yet you claim to be literate. Yet you want to "enlighten" others.

Remove thou the specks you think you see, but bear thee thine beam comfortably.

Farming fertilizers are for everybody in the whole country to use, and they are subsidized What we are being made to understand is that the sum of money you quoted is to be used to settle the private affairs of certain Libyan herdsmen, rather than bringing them to book.

Of course, you see nothing wrong in that. I mean, agricultural money should be of great benefit to Libyan herdsmen who destroy farms as they plow their way through the country killing people, because we are all literates and pro government and not anti Igbo in any way at all.

Meanwhile, everybody in the country owns the commodity crude oil, but by no means should the impoverished people of those communities be provided for. In fact, they need to be bombed out, because we are all literates and pro government and not anti Igbo in any way at all.

No ethnicity = much ethnicity.

How on earth do you reason that 940m should be used for grazing reserves for the private business of some Libyan terrorists and try to justify it all? Is subsidized fertilizer not for everybody? Do the people who use it still not buy it? Shouldn't everybody in the country practising agriculture also receive free land and then when the profits from sales are made it enters their own personal pockets? Are the Libyan cows government property? Or will the herdsmen not claim ownership of them? No wonder ethnic lines have been drawn. When you want to reward evil with good, what else do you expect?
So agriculture is one private biz that deserves FG subsidy? Ok! In ur matured imagination some private biz deserve subsidy while some others don't? Isn't this what is called HYPOCRISY?can't u see? Pls I am not interested in joining issues with you! Simply purge ur heart of ethnic hate and experience jus how sweet life is! Thnk u!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Tellemall: 4:50pm On May 22, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
So agriculture is one private biz that deserves FG subsidy? Ok! In ur matured imagination some private biz deserve subsidy while some others don't? Isn't this what is called HYPOCRISY?can't u see? Pls I am not interested in joining issues with you! Simply purge ur heart of ethnic hate and experience jus how sweet life is! Thnk u!

Who is joining issues with you? You are ethnically inspired in your own "literate" and "mature" way. When you realize the reasons behind the subsidies (one is for all farmers, while the other is to appease marauders) you will question the figures.

You're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News: FG Suspends National Carrier, Nigeria Air Indefinitely / "We Will Keep Tweeting!" - Gbenga Sesan & 26 Other Civil Society Leaders / Nigeria Ambassador To Morocco, Bamalli Nuhu Dies At 42

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.