Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS (148509 Views)

Famous Celebrities From Abia / Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland / Celebrities From Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Ilovemystate: 6:06pm On May 22, 2016
Pchidexy:

Oscar Onyema is from Oguta

Oscar Onyema was born in Nigeria to the family of His Royal Majesty Eze V. B. C. Onyema III, the Eze Onyema III of Ogwu-Ikpele Ogbaru Anambra state . He holds an MBA in Finance and Investments from Baruch College, New York City. He received his bachelor degree in Computer Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. He is an alumnus of Harvard Business School having completed its Advanced Management Program. Onyema holds Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Series 7, 24, and 63 licenses, and is active in Security Traders Association of New York, and Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association

Professional career

Onyema is the Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.[1] Prior to this role, he served for over 20 years in United States financial markets, managing market structure initiatives, products and securities exchange businesses and the Nigerian information technology sector.[2]

Onyema has served as Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer of the American Stock Exchange (Amex), which he joined in 2001. He was instrumental in integrating Amex equity business into NYSE Euronext after its acquisition of Amex in 2008. He then managed NYSE Amex equity trading business, which he helped position as a premier market for small and mid-cap securities.[4]

In 2009, Onyema founded Market Strategists LLC and consulted under the Gerson Lehrman Group platform in the United States. He successfully completed consultations enabling decision makers at investment firms and corporations better understand products, services, companies, and issues in global financial markets.[1]

Onyema served as the Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer at American Stock Exchange (Amex), which he joined in 2001. He was the first person of colour to hold that position, and was instrumental in integrating the Amex equity business into the NYSE Euronext equity business after their acquisition of Amex in 2008. He then managed the NYSE Amex equity trading business, which he helped position as a premier market for small and mid-cap securities.

He held various positions at New York Mercantile Exchange where he managed futures market structure initiatives, and Data Processing Maintenance and Services Ltd (an IBM business partner) where he sold IBM mid-range system solutions. He has also served as Adjunct Lecturer of Economics at Pace University, New York.[2]

Onyema is the Chairman, West African Capital Market Integration Council; Chairman of Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) Plc., the clearing house for the Nigerian capital market; Council member of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers of Nigeria (CIS); President of the African Securities Exchanges Association, and a Global Agenda Council member of the World Economic Forum. He also serves on the boards of all NSE subsidiaries, as well as FMDQ OTC PLC (FMDQ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogbaru

5 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:07pm On May 22, 2016
Young03:
most of all these celebrities started from Enugu

proudly #042

waiting for who go create thread about enugu

Enugu used to be the capital of old Anambra and the core Anambrarians held sway during this time....Zik ,Okadigbo,Achebe,Okigbo,Ojukwu,Ensure and Anyaoku lived there because it was the seat of government. Nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Ilovemystate: 6:07pm On May 22, 2016
Pchidexy:

Oscar Onyema is from Oguta

Oscar Onyema was born in Nigeria to the family of His Royal Majesty Eze V. B. C. Onyema III, the Eze Onyema III of Ogwu-Ikpele Ogbaru Anambra state . He holds an MBA in Finance and Investments from Baruch College, New York City. He received his bachelor degree in Computer Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. He is an alumnus of Harvard Business School having completed its Advanced Management Program. Onyema holds Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Series 7, 24, and 63 licenses, and is active in Security Traders Association of New York, and Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association

Professional career

Onyema is the Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.[1] Prior to this role, he served for over 20 years in United States financial markets, managing market structure initiatives, products and securities exchange businesses and the Nigerian information technology sector.[2]

Onyema has served as Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer of the American Stock Exchange (Amex), which he joined in 2001. He was instrumental in integrating Amex equity business into NYSE Euronext after its acquisition of Amex in 2008. He then managed NYSE Amex equity trading business, which he helped position as a premier market for small and mid-cap securities.[4]

In 2009, Onyema founded Market Strategists LLC and consulted under the Gerson Lehrman Group platform in the United States. He successfully completed consultations enabling decision makers at investment firms and corporations better understand products, services, companies, and issues in global financial markets.[1]

Onyema served as the Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer at American Stock Exchange (Amex), which he joined in 2001. He was the first person of colour to hold that position, and was instrumental in integrating the Amex equity business into the NYSE Euronext equity business after their acquisition of Amex in 2008. He then managed the NYSE Amex equity trading business, which he helped position as a premier market for small and mid-cap securities.

He held various positions at New York Mercantile Exchange where he managed futures market structure initiatives, and Data Processing Maintenance and Services Ltd (an IBM business partner) where he sold IBM mid-range system solutions. He has also served as Adjunct Lecturer of Economics at Pace University, New York.[2]

Onyema is the Chairman, West African Capital Market Integration Council; Chairman of Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) Plc., the clearing house for the Nigerian capital market; Council member of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers of Nigeria (CIS); President of the African Securities Exchanges Association, and a Global Agenda Council member of the World Economic Forum. He also serves on the boards of all NSE subsidiaries, as well as FMDQ OTC PLC (FMDQ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_N._Onyema

3 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by chigoizie7(m): 6:07pm On May 22, 2016
goodgate:
Chief Agbakoba is my family friend and he is from Delta State.

Which of the olisa agbakoba are u talking of? The former president of NBA? The SAN? Or another olisa agbokaba?

Olisa agbokaba the SAN is from onitsha.

5 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Pchidexy(m): 6:07pm On May 22, 2016
Okeikpu:
Me n my daughter gonna be on that list soon tongue

Wow! A lovely looking kid! Cute

1 Like

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by tivta(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

Sorry to disappoint you.

Not disappointed, just wondering why he keeps singing about 042

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyno
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by unbeat007(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2016
Zceesneh:
google is my friend, kindly google it, that may be his fake account
You don't know something, even when you are thought, you refuse to learn. The worst illustrate is not the one who has empty head but one who refuses to learn. Keep displaying your ignorance in the public.
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2016
AnamCity:

It is not true. Enugu was the former capital of the old Anambra state. Anambra people dominated Enugu town then but when state was created most of them return to Anambra while few of them remained. Phyno for instance has his mansion in Awka apart from the one he has in Lagos. He is equally building a big club in Awka. Arthur, Edochie and host of others are often in Anambra, although as businessmen they move from place to place.

As if Enugu never existed these guys won't be anybody in life....Anambrarians made Enugu tick!

4 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 22, 2016
unbeat007:

You don't know something, even when you are thought, you refuse to learn. The worst illustrate is not the one who has empty head but one who refuses to learn. Keep displaying your ignorance in the public.
no be force to believe tongue
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by mikecino(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2016
Dont forget cause trouble of nollywood
Nwobu Odera of umubelle village Awka.

9 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2016
tivta:

Not disappointed, just wondering why he keeps singing about 042

Because he was born and raised there. He grew up there but those slangs you hear him spit originated from the streets of Onicha Ado.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by mightyokwy(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2016
Zceesneh:
if u can't google it then come and lick my ass
My friend stop disgracing ur self in the public. Phyno is from amawbia in Awka and Flavor is from umunze in orumba South all from Anambra State.

7 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 22, 2016
I am from Anambra. At least no one will argue that fact! ;DI am from Anambra. At least no one will argue that fact!

1 Like

esxty:
anambra took first, IMO second then Ogun third.

I believe abia too, them self get people..
mightyokwy:

My friend stop disgracing ur self in the public. Phyno is from amawbia in Awka and Flavor is from umunze in orumba South all from Anambra State.
hug any transformer, u can see near you
The purpose of this thread has been defeated.. must everybody be added?? we cant even read clearly again.. haba!
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Okeikpu(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2016
Pchidexy:

Wow! A lovely looking kid! Cute
Dalu nwanne mmadu
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by mightyokwy(m): 6:17pm On May 22, 2016
Zceesneh:
google it
shocked grin so even with the video you are still not convinced.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by mightyokwy(m): 6:20pm On May 22, 2016
Zceesneh:
hug any transformer, u can see near you
Lol, keep on dwelling in ignorant. U are such a meat head. Even with video interview u still fail to learn and educate ur self.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 22, 2016
mightyokwy:

shocked grin so even with the video you are still not convinced.
even if am convinced, i will claim right naa
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 22, 2016
mightyokwy:

Lol, keep on dwelling in ignorant. U are such a meat head. Even with video interview u still fail to learn and educate ur self.
come and lick my ass, is not by force to believe
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 22, 2016
Read from page 1-6

Anyway my name is Mmmaduabuchi Ugochukwu Emmanuel Udegbunam...

Pls keep this name in Ur Diary... Cos am the next big thing that will happen to the people of Nnewi(anaedo) in Anambra..

I came I saw and convinced that Anambra is Great

Nb: mgbede ruo afu onye uwa ya ka mma.. MA ikuku kuo afu Ike okuko

4 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by asha90: 6:25pm On May 22, 2016
I only said we are not talking about worthless names here please. Kindly go and open your own thread and be talking Animal or Anumdu or whatever you call the inconsequential unknown name. Mtchw!

[s]
lozanni:

Typical Anam big mouth. Mike Ezeruonye is a worthless person ? Anumudu of Globe Motors is an inconsequential person right?
I will bet you that those names you have mentioned might not be half as rich as Anumudu.
[/s]
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by shizzle11(m): 6:25pm On May 22, 2016
My darling Anambra state on profile. Good! I mean Great.
The state of elites of all shades, shapes and sizes.
God bless omambala.

4 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by DerKaiser: 6:28pm On May 22, 2016
AmericanQuarter:
Nonso Diobi was born on July seventeenth 1976. The Young Talented Actor grew up in Anambra State in a family of five, two ladies and three guys. because the last kid of the family, Nonso Diobi forever saw himself within the limelight and as an freelance individual.

OP dey lie small.

Nonso never grew up in Anambra. He was born, raised and still lives in Enugu, my former hood Achara Layout to be precise.

We both went to C.I.C. Enugu, same set.

I was in class D and Nonso was in class C.

Any Coal City and C.I.C. guy can confirm this as an unparalleled fact.

Don't mislead people. Though he comes from Anambra, Coal City has always been his abode.
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by leothompson: 6:28pm On May 22, 2016
Osi omenyiora NFL player, last played for atalanta Falcons married to ex miss world Leila Lopez off Angola hails from ogbunike oyi LGA Anambra

6 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by 88natzy(m): 6:29pm On May 22, 2016
Typical Nwa otu charlatans, thinking we are in a Onitsha main market or Nkwo Nnewi where they will be hurling to prospects. Pls allow op to do justice the thread. Its audible to the deaf and bright to the blind that you guys are gurus, champions and pacesetters.

Eeerrhm but I go like marry Anambroo gehoo.
Make I eat ofe akwu forget my sorrow...

1 Like

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by mightyokwy(m): 6:29pm On May 22, 2016
Zceesneh:
come and lick my ass, is not by force to believe
Now I give up on you grin cheesy
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by cascarino(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2016
AmericanQuarter:
Tobechukwu Melvin Ejiofor, popularly known by his stage name ILLBLISS, is a Nigerian rapper/ hip-hop recording artiste, stage performer, businessman and owner of the talent managing outfit known as 'The ... Wikipedia
Oga, illbliss is from Nkwerre imo state.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Defcon1(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2016
Zceesneh:
why can't u google it? Are u this dumb?

The fact that someone was born in a particular place does not mean they hail from there.
Eg.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Willis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Weaving
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by lozanni(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

You are deeply hurting..lol. No go commit suicide on top this irrelevant thread.

No, am not hurting.
Mike Ezeruonye I have never met, though I have met Anumudu once, through a friend who worked for him, and he seemed to be a real gentleman.
That guy sounded brash and I felt it was just not right to dismiss others with terms such as 'inconsequential'.
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by AnamCity: 6:33pm On May 22, 2016
Jim Iyke that Anambra boy!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Meet Onyi Adaba, Ken Erics Wife & More Photos From Their Traditional Wedding / Breaking News: Tuface Idibia Is Dead (Rumour) / Beyonce Without Makeup: Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.