Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,799,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. (90263 Views)

Oyo Building Most Advanced Silos In Nigeria (Photos) / 6 Infrastructurally Most Backward States In Nigeria/geopolitical Zone / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Billiondoe: 3:02pm On May 22, 2016
oboy3:
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtf1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12224319_1682123935363933_1168476377_n.jpg

city of brown roofs,lol,,ibadan

Yes that picture was taken from Top of Mapo hills which covers Aremo-Idi Ose, Ogunpa, Beere, Molete, Ooja-Oba (Kings Market) and Yemetu. It is a known fact that the colonial masters stayed in these parts of Ibadan and made Mapo Hall their headquarters. The King's Palace (Aafin Olubadan) is located beside the King's Market. That is early Ibadan which is closer to Ibadan Toll Gate of Lagos/Ibadan expressway which is what people see when they pass through. That is not up to a quarter of Ibadan. Youths need to learn and get some sense. There is University of Ibadan which is the first. What does that mean? It simply means Education and civilian have been around for a long time in Ibadan, there is FRIN,IITA,CRIN etc. Nigeria major Book publishers are based in Ibadan. Ibadan was the Capital of the Western Region during Awolowo's regime. All these millennium kids need to learn from history so they don't get misinformed. Like if you think I'm right. Share for others to learn.

Modified.

The University College Hospital, Ibadan (UCH), which is the first teaching hospital in Nigeria; the internationally acclaimed International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) headquartered in the city. Established in 1967, it focuses on the agricultural and developmental needs of tropical countries, with several research stations spread across Africa. The Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER), The Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria, The National Root Crops Research Institute, and The Institute of Agricultural Research and Training (IAR&T), The Forestry Research Institute of Nigeria, The Nigerian Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT), all under the auspices of The Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Billiondoe: 3:03pm On May 22, 2016
Billiondoe:

Yes that picture was taken from Top of Mapo hills which covers Aremo-Idi Ose, Ogunpa, Beere, Molete, Ooja-Oba (Kings Market) and Yemetu. It is a known fact that the colonial masters stayed in these parts of Ibadan and made Mapo Hall their headquarters. The King's Palace (Aafin Olubadan) is located beside the King's Market. That is early Ibadan which is closer to Ibadan Toll Gate of Lagos/Ibadan expressway which is what people see when they pass through. That is not up to a quarter of Ibadan. Youths need to learn and get some sense. There is University of Ibadan which is the first. What does that mean? It simply means Education and civilization have been around for a long time in Ibadan, there is FRIN,IITA,CRIN etc. Nigeria major Book publishers are based in Ibadan. Ibadan was the Capital of the Western Region during Awolowo's regime. All these millennium kids need to learn from history so they don't get misinformed. Like if you think I'm right. Share for others to learn.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by engrhorla(m): 3:10pm On May 22, 2016
drtwist:
Thou you said your opinion, but it's good for your opinion to always have back up. You have to ask yourself which of these state have I travel to, or provide pics. Places like Owerri, ancient City of Ibadan, and KD on list can never be ahead of Delta and Anambra. Even Ogun is expected to be ahead of them. They are just being over hype on the media.

DrTwist, why are u twisting things?

The post is about cities and not states, kwanu!
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Cherez: 3:11pm On May 22, 2016
I am a full blooded Igbo man from Anambra State.
Your exclusion of Ogun State voids your list.
For me, Ogun might be head-to-head with Lagos in infrastructural development if not for the recent oil discovery in Lagos

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by firstolalekan(m): 3:11pm On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
1) Ibadan ahead of Onitsha, Uyo, Awka and Owerri? Are you joking or what?
2) Kaduna ahead of Kano? Wtf
how did you rate this crap?
In my own rating.
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Calabar

Shut da Fúck up kid

How many states have you been in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by YonkijiSappo: 3:11pm On May 22, 2016
FlyoruB:

Lol. You never see nada. This Enugu slum here takes the cake. cheesy grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3744570_enuguslum1_jpeg44135297e945c466606d6caef1eae590

Hhahaha...Laugh wan Kill me die!
Enugu people keep feeding Nigerians with Lies.... grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Iprofit: 3:15pm On May 22, 2016
Innovator90:

Are you okay? Is everything ok with you? you are comparing Enugu to Ibadam? Honestly no city is comparable to Enugu in Nigeria aside from Abuja.
Hahahaha nawa o are you sure

Enugu is cool but not up to your hype

More over I hate the fact that it's only Enugu city that Can boast of infrastructural development

Nsukka should be stepped up
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Ilovemystate: 3:16pm On May 22, 2016
Abeokuta

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by pamcode(m): 3:17pm On May 22, 2016
Ilovemystate:

I hope you've seen this field survey of Slum Prevalence in Nigeria

http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.env.20130302.02.html
that normal seeing that Ibadan is at least two times larger than most towns and cities there.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Ilovemystate: 3:18pm On May 22, 2016
Enugu

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by firstolalekan(m): 3:19pm On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
there is nothing in ibadan, I have been to ibadan before so you will not tell me about the city.
It is an unorganised city with many ancient houses that looks like it wanna collapse, rusted zincs, dusty roads, and there are many slums in it.
Akure is even managable than ibadan.
Ibadan is popular mainly because it was the capital of the western region.
Olodo
You think ibadan is a small place like your state (anambra entirely)?
FYI, ibadan is the largest city in West Africa. How many places did you visit in ibadan?

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by oboy3(m): 3:21pm On May 22, 2016
Billiondoe:

Yes that picture was taken from Top of Mapo hills which covers Aremo-Idi Ose, Ogunpa, Beere, Molete, Ooja-Oba (Kings Market) and Yemetu. It is a known fact that the colonial masters stayed in these parts of Ibadan and made Mapo Hall their headquarters. The King's Palace (Aafin Olubadan) is located beside the King's Market. That is early Ibadan which is closer to Ibadan Toll Gate of Lagos/Ibadan expressway which is what people see when they pass through. That is not up to a quarter of Ibadan. Youths need to learn and get some sense. There is University of Ibadan which is the first. What does that mean? It simply means Education and civilian have been around for a long time in Ibadan, there is FRIN,IITA,CRIN etc. Nigeria major Book publishers are based in Ibadan. Ibadan was the Capital of the Western Region during Awolowo's regime. All these millennium kids need to learn from history so they don't get misinformed. Like if you think I'm right. Share for others to learn.
[img]https://media./media/2PwEx7eWwfBh6/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 22, 2016
Enugu should be out of that list...remove enugu. I did my NYSC in Enugu, finished last year and i have the opportunity to tour round almost every where in the state, little or no infrastructure is found. Even the so called enugu city has nothing but i dont know. just remove enugu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mcgaius: 3:27pm On May 22, 2016
drtwist:
Thou you said your opinion, but it's good for your opinion to always have back up. You have to ask yourself which of these state have I travel to, or provide pics. Places like Owerri, ancient City of Ibadan, and KD on list can never be ahead of Delta and Anambra. Even Ogun is expected to be ahead of them. They are just being over hype on the media.

Your comment is the joke of the century.I forgive you because am aware that most people from the Sw hardly travel to other regions.IBADAN might be big in terms of land mass but not more developed than owerri in terms of contemporary infrastructures.IBADAN is the only city passengers on an aircraft can identify many thousands of feet above sea level because of its brown roof.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Ilovemystate: 3:29pm On May 22, 2016
firstolalekan:

Olodo
You think ibadan is a small place like your state (anambra entirely)?
FYI, ibadan is the largest city in West Africa. How many places did you visit in ibadan?

As big as your Oyo state this is their financial transaction for past five years, a state that's bigger than the whole southeastern state- according to Ibadan media grin

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

Anambra state bank transactions 2010-2015
Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Oyo state bank transactions 2010-2015
Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

Pic 1 and 2 Ibadan

Pic 3 and 4 Onitsha

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:29pm On May 22, 2016
Guy at least do a comparison with other places in the world and be logical for once. It can easily be deduced that the cities with greater infrastructure and opportunities have mote slums due to increase migration. Do you expect a small town with little infrastructure to have more slums than say Lagos?

For a city like Ibadan alone to have 11 local government, then you should know how big it is and how much infrastructure exists in that area. Most of the brown roofs are in the old part of the city.

Your blind nationalistic and tribal stance is well observed from here

Ilovemystate:

My friend this is field survey

http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.env.20130302.02.html
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by rodbel(m): 3:29pm On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
there is nothing in ibadan, I have been to ibadan before so you will not tell me about the city.
It is an unorganised city with many ancient houses that looks like it wanna collapse, rusted zincs, dusty roads, and there are many slums in it.

Would you say same of Rome, Venice etc.. old with dilapidated buildings... those old, rustic zinc roofs re historically and proof of an industrial existence dated far back.

Chao!!!
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by pamcode(m): 3:30pm On May 22, 2016
BankeSmalls:

IBADAN?

Ibadan is largely unsafe. I'm tired. You're not safe at home, at work , on the streets, everywhere. People who have met me know I don't have a lifestyle that exposes me to things like this.

A very good business mentor and owner of GTIN motors (MR Chris) in ibadan was shot dead and his car stolen around Oluyole area of Ibadan on Monday while returning from work. This man fully relocated from Germany 2 years ago to start GTIN motors in Nigeria and now he's dead.

A very rich man, deals in Luxury cars. He should have just stayed back there. If you are abroad and govt is telling you to come back and establish a business here, tell them to provide security first 

Do you mean the same Iyangaku GRA where most political assassination in Ibadan happened is one of the most secure areas? It can't be. I schooled in the GRA and I cannot count the number of assassinations and failed attempts that were carried out during that time. 

Of recent, Bola Amole, the owner of BIMS African Food Store UK was killed there. 

________
Alalubosa GRA

Don't remind me! I lost a cousin who's a week older than me to those boys who were trying to rob him at gun point inside the estate about 12 years ago. 
I also lost a friend there too by Alalubosa river which is the escape route. 

Same thing with NIHORT, Jericho, Onireke GRA, Aleshinloye, Forestry. Those areas are just too silent which makes it easy for those boys to operate. 
_______
Bodija Estate

I can only ask which Bodija is it. Is it Bola Iges? Or Sunday Alalades? Or where Akala's driver was shot dead? Or the regular Kara Mayhem? Or where Mrs Adesiyan (Wife of the Police Affairs Minister) was abducted? Or where a family of 3 who just relocated to Nigeria after 18 years sojourn in Canada were burnt to death few weeks after arriving motherland?

Apologies.. but AriseKola was a big time tout who profited from the Abacha regime if you know the history of how he became rich. Asides him having Major guns, major Jazz and Major money to hire major touts, he is alsi protected by Nigeria Police etc.. 

I will delete this post later. 

People like Fele, Sunday Igbowo work with political giants o.. you can't pay them 

Igbowo works with Ladoja

Do you know the place they call Koto? It's in Mokola. Find out what they do there.

I know Ibadan like the back of my hand. A police station is at Mokola directly in front of Sabo where 90% of stolen items are sold. APete is known for cult activities and robbery. Mokola is known for same (Ask about Koto boys )

This last one, I was coming from the mall at Sango, drove through General gas and was heading to a house just before Dizenghoff. I got to the gate of the house I was going to, parked and as I was stepping out, the boys came on a bike and the whole shebang happened around 8pm. 

There are also guys that touch the wall of your house and everyone sleeps off. Confirmed Jazz.

We also have car snatches and the likes.
This happens everywhere in the world. Don't make it look like it only happens in IB
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mercyville: 3:31pm On May 22, 2016
FlyoruB:
The infamously insecure Anambra brigade are so fvcking predictable. grin grin Dem don invade this thread with pix of old ibadan settlements, instead of showing us what their own state has to offer. cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
grin What do they have?Nothing to stand near Ibadan that they malign so much...

IBADAN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by kolexy(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
I agree from One to three, four should be either calabar and kano, eight to ten is ok.

Calabar ke? I have been to Calabar before? I'll even chose Akure ahead of Calabar
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by osita76(m): 3:33pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
The list should be

1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Ibadan
6. Kaduna
7. Calabar
8. Kano
9. Uyo
10. Owerri.

My opinion though
Onitsha is amazing

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Reference(m): 3:33pm On May 22, 2016
Abuja's infrastructure outstrips Lagos quality and quantity wise.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Iceberg3: 3:34pm On May 22, 2016
Movic1:

favela is a slum in rio DJ, brazil it has skyscrappers in the middle and around it,so thats not new. ibadan doesnt start and end in d piz above. The way u guys write/comment about ibadan will make people think that dy re no slums in SE.

you are guilty of what u urself are saying,how do u know those folks are south easterners? Damm!
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Menzy86(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2016
People are mistaking INFRASTRUCTURE to mean storey buildings. There is no way Enugu can be more infrastructurally developed than kaduna and Kano. Infrastructure include roads, rails and INSTITUTIONS. Kaduna is d state with d highest number of very recognized institutions in Nigeria. Home to d largest university in sub saharan Africa! I think Kaduna should com b4 Enugu 4 sure and maybe kano too.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2016
You have continued to interprete data only to suit your skewed arguments. Do you know how much infrastructure and industrial activity goes on in Ogun state alone? No
state in Nigeria can even compare. Do you know how many of these firms in for example Ota and Agbara run accounts in Lagos, or the firms in Oluyole and Jericho?

Receive some sense. Just because Awka has a new flyover with metal suspension-look-alike doesn't make it comparable to Ibadan. Even Akure is better than either of Asaba or Awka.

Ilovemystate:

As big as your Oyo state this is their financial transaction for past five years, a state that's bigger than the whole southeastern state- according to Ibadan media grin

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

Anambra state bank transactions 2010-2015
Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Oyo state bank transactions 2010-2015
Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

Pic 1 and 2 Ibadan

Pic 3 and 4 Onitsha
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by okuneddie(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:

hello sis, if u have being to Ibadan and still write all that then I guess where u went to is the outskirt of the city....I studied estate management so I know a lot about infrastructure...... tell me an eastern state that can beat Ibadan in terms of infrastructure..... if u know whats meant by infrastructure then u won't write what u wrote up there....

8 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by omofunaab(m): 3:36pm On May 22, 2016
Seriously I don't understand most of these easterners, you claim you are being marginalized and neglected by the government, you claim there is infrastructural decay in your region yet you ar saying now that you are more developed than others.. .maybe we the westerners should be the ones clamoring for development.. ..chest beating Is bad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Sard(m): 3:38pm On May 22, 2016
You Igbos will come here and complain about how dirty and "slum-filled" SWestern places like Ibadan, Ogun, Lagos and co are.. but your people will never stop trooping into the places day after day..Something must be going on positively in those places that your Southeastern caves lack.
Use your brain, it's not just meant to occupy your fvcking skull.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by okuneddie(m): 3:38pm On May 22, 2016
Innovator90:

Are you okay? Is everything ok with you? you are comparing Enugu to Ibadam? Honestly no city is comparable to Enugu in Nigeria aside from Abuja.

bros do u know what's called infrastructure? Enugu wey no get good water and u are here saying something else
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Menzy86(m): 3:38pm On May 22, 2016
drtwist:
With this ur statement, u probably have never been to kaduna OR u r a real hater. Ogun and Anambra ahead of kd? Lol.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Ilovemystate: 3:38pm On May 22, 2016
Anambra

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Jide Tinubu Slumped & Died Of Heart Attack / Evidence Of How Rivers State Was Rigged - David Hundeyin / MC Tagwaye Meets Abdul’aziz Musa Yar’adua, Umaru's Younger Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.