Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,558 members, 7,830,691 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? (42140 Views)

PDP Will Defeat Buhari Or Any APC Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Markarfi / 2019: PDP Won’t Need Campaign To Defeat Buhari – Babangida Aliyu / El-Rufai Dismisses Atiku's Defection: "No Northern Politician Can Defeat Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by JealousPrince1(m): 3:02pm On May 23, 2016
[s]
bettercreature:
Like the popularity of GEJ droped in the SS/SE abi?You better forget it if Buhari kill all of us today he'd still win 2019 election beside to be Nigerias president you must have the support of the northern and south western people
Those SS/SE have never have a say in Nigerias politics and it will always be so as they were exposed during the 2015 election when they gave 95% of their vote to GEJ,no election can ever be worse than that
[/s]
SW does not have a say in Nigerian politics, the north its just covering them, if SS+SE+SW gave jonathan 95 and even 98% of their votes, its still no match for the north, the north will still take it all, and again i believed the population in Kano, Kaduna and Katsina states alone, is more than the six SW states combined.
Quote me if am wrong.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by OBAGADAFFI: 11:36am On May 24, 2016
JealousPrince1:
[s][/s]
SW does not have a say in Nigerian politics, the north its just covering them, if SS+SE+SW gave jonathan 95 and even 98% of their votes, its still no match for the north, the north will still take it all, and again i believed the population in Kano, Kaduna and Katsina states alone, is more than the six SW states combined.

Quote me if am wrong.

You are wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_presidential_election,_2011

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by kendo19841: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2016
Southwest, south south, and south Easth are nothing compared to the Great Northern Nigeria and Buhari will and must win in 2019 no matter what's happening cannot decide who wins 2019 but population and choice.

Was Nigeria good during GEJ or Obasanjo? Saiiii Baba Buhari sai ka zarce Insha Alllah.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by otokx(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Buhari can defeat himself.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Yasirarafat: 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
bettercreature:
Nobody can defeat him at the moment,Northerners are just like SS/SE people they'd never vote against their brother unlike south westerners that doesn't believe in tribalism
No matter how bad Buhari is,NORTHERNERS will vote for him
I'm a northerner, am a Muslim , am not tribalistic nor partial... angry
In fact let me cut the story short.......I won't vote that Buhari again cry
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by limeta(f): 12:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
Empty can of coke
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by limeta(f): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
but I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.

There must be other ways
North must not be chairman
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by oyatz(m): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2017
You sound more like a Statistician than a politician.
1)Please try to know the meaning of swing States in very competitive electoral contest.

2) Check the voters registration and collected PVCs across all the geopolitical zones.

Kennydoc:

Please take note of these facts:

Buhari won the last election with only 2.7 million votes.

Jonathan lost a lot of votes from the SE (in 2015 relative to 2011) because of low voters' registration, and poor voters' turn out on election day. I'm not saying he would have won if the turn out in the SE was maximal.
Also, hope you remember that it took Ọhaneze a lot of time to adopt Jonathan. They agreed he failed Igbos, but only adopted him finally because Buhari was a worse option for Igbos.

Four of the North Central states voted for Buhari in 2015, compared to 2011 when they all voted for Jonathan. Buhari won with a greater margin in the NC than in the SW because his margin of win in the SW which was approximately 612k is less than the 678k with which he won in only Niger and Kwara combined.

Finally, South west only gave Buhari about 57% of their votes (2.4 million votes) while Jonathan had 43% (1.8 million). The total SW votes for Buhari is just a little more than the votes Kano alone gave him.
I pointed this out for you and others to stop bragging how SW will always determine the swing of election results. Even if you guys had given Jonathan an additional 1 million vote, altogether making it 2.8 million votes (ie 67% of your total votes), Buhari would have still won. It's to let you know how not-too-significant the SW contribution to Buhari's victory was.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by oyatz(m): 8:39am On Oct 28, 2017
PDP ought to compensate the southeast by zoning its presidential slot in 2019 to the zone.

limeta:
but I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.

There must be other ways
North must not be chairman

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Daplux4: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2017
bettercreature:
You can't imagine how popular Buhari is in the north and among south western older citizens,those 2 groups can never vote against Buhari they have 100% trust in him beside he is using that fight against corruption to decieve olders citizens in south-west,imagine during the era of buhari one man's show,he always has over 12 million votes and always win almost all the northern states let alone now that he is enjoying the support of south-west people

bear it in mind that old buhari is dead, the new buhari will live more than 2025
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Kbdon(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
I LOVE KWANKWASO. HE IS OUR NEXT PRESIDENT 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dandija, Poloma And Mulima Return Money To EFCC / Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando / Photos From Buhari's Presidential Campaign In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.