Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? (42128 Views)

PDP Will Defeat Buhari Or Any APC Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Markarfi / 2019: PDP Won’t Need Campaign To Defeat Buhari – Babangida Aliyu / El-Rufai Dismisses Atiku's Defection: "No Northern Politician Can Defeat Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by misscall247: 3:56pm On May 22, 2016
wordychap:

Kwankwaso will beat buhari blue black in SS/SE, if he gets d support of bigwigs in d SW like Obj (I know tinubu wouldn't) then he's sure to give buhari a run for his money.
What's unfortunate is that free fair credible elections in Nigeria ended with GEJ, tyrants like buhari don't relinquish power.
Senator Ben bruce
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by deebsman1(m): 3:59pm On May 22, 2016
Man, i beg to disagree, an average northerner is more informed more than an average southerner. Go to the north and confirm how passionate they are about politics with their transistor radios, right now no politicians, both north and south Nigeria stands even closer to Buhari and FYI why r u pipu in so much hurry?? they haven't done bad in d last 1 year and they still have 3 more years to shut u pipu up
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by uridadole: 3:59pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
Every analysis is based on the survival of our political system.If PDP fixes there house in order,the zoning formular will be considered and a candidate from the north central will be pitched.Only Jerry Gana And David Mark are the most viable candidates from the north central.PMB cant survive 2019 age and health is enough to step him aside.Your 2yr must be either a prophetess or she is naturally intelligent.
Kakikikkinginchinchinzuenkakakaka
I laugh in chineese for this calculation.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by fx45(m): 4:03pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Nobody can defeat him at the moment,Northerners are just like SS/SE people they'd never vote against their brother unlike south westerners that doesn't believe in tribalism
No matter how bad Buhari is,NORTHERNERS will vote for him
You're mistaken... The Dullard has been contesting presidential elections since Adam and has been winning with a landslide in the North. The South-Waste tilted the last elections in his favour. Presently the scales are gradually falling off the eyes of the Oil Soup Republic. That Sai Baba magic can never work again.

Besides, I seriously doubt if The Dullard will recontest in 2019. I believe he has learnt his lessons and should honorably retire his frail self back to Daura.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by druboon404: 4:04pm On May 22, 2016
olatunji21:

Saraki
Don't you want Dasuki?....lol
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by ademate(m): 4:09pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:

Why wouldn't northerners vote against their own when there is a better option and part of their own too?

What makes APC choose PMB among the primary contestant
Atiku
Kwankaso
Isa
Buhari
Okorocha

D result show these attribute of Buhari
Popularity
Integrity
Command
Acceptance
Education/qualification
Corrupt free
Experience
People trust
To mention few.
In 2019 mention three hausa who has all these qualities even in south region of Nigeria
Truly, some Theocratic in south region may have some these qualities but what is their political influence and experience can work for them.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by nevilbot: 4:15pm On May 22, 2016
chebeoc:
How some people put things in public forums as if we're all kids, southwest that vote olu falae in 1999, obasanjo in 2003 and osibanjo in 2015 are not tribalistic in politics.sometimes it's better to ignore how some people reason.

You conveniently forgot to add that the same sw u want to castigate voted yar adua in 2007 and gej in 2011. Are these ones from d south west too? Sw people vote based on convictions and not tribal or religious sentiments. 1999 was BTW falae and obj and dey voted falae cus dey trusted him more Dan obj. Even obj lost his ward and polling unit to falae in DAT election. 2015 was to vote based on performance and precedence and gej had not done enuf to get their votes based on those two factors.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 22, 2016
chebeoc:
How some people put things in public forums as if we're all kids, southwest that vote olu falae in 1999, obasanjo in 2003 and osibanjo in 2015 are not tribalistic in politics.sometimes it's better to ignore how some people reason.
was it not the same southwestern ppl that voted for jonathan in mass, voted buhari in mass. U ar such an ingrate.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Toptech: 4:23pm On May 22, 2016
ME
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by fromnigeria(m): 4:25pm On May 22, 2016
Lytech:
You just spoke like 1year 4month old girl not 2years old boy... Am not sure you a nigerian... David mark of all people?
So you can't make your point without insulting? Or attempting to
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by enlightenedmind: 4:31pm On May 22, 2016
oluwole1211:
you better stop deceiving yourself PDP is an household name even in the north. What leads to their lost in 2015 election was the internal crisis that was not well managed. If not for that PDP would have won that election .

dis exact reason is why Nigerians wont vote PDP. Why PDP failed was bcoz
1) Nigerians were tired of u
2) We made sure u could rig election as usual
In which north? Mayb not d 1 am living in. Northeners r with Buhari not APC. As long as PMB is d flag bearer. He has N/NC. No shaking.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Nobody can defeat him at the moment,Northerners are just like SS/SE people they'd never vote against their brother unlike south westerners that doesn't believe in tribalism
No matter how bad Buhari is,NORTHERNERS will vote for him
You damn right. Do you base in North?
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by enlightenedmind: 4:35pm On May 22, 2016
oluwole1211:
remember that people vote for individuals and not party any longer so if PDP are able to put their house in order before 2019 and present a credible candidate from the north they might have a chance cause there are internal crisis in APC too which can cause some of the bigwigs who decamped from the PDP to return back to PDP and the can bring down the APC if care is not taken.because these politicians know how to maneuver the gullible voters.
this is exactly what i said. but APC has d candidate. PMB. The only worthy PMB opposition in d north is Ribadu/El rufai. Dat is pple dat d pple will support. even d christains in Abuja and KD will back dese candidate. But dese candidates have pledged deir loyalty 2 pMB. Ribadu stepped down so PMB can run unopposed in d North. North is 4 PMB. In 2023, They will likely put Nuhu Ribadu forward
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Chirokusko: 4:35pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
David Mark
Mchewww!!!
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by erinalex: 4:37pm On May 22, 2016
bilazego:

Beef! they had no other alternative at point in time. I can see you have the largest spread of fools down west. you are among the best of the fools. good bye beef!
where were ur brothers when yar'adua in death wanted to continue in power? Answer d question 1st. Your tribe have NO principle. All they know is AGIP. Any Government In Power.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 22, 2016
With d current SORRY-STATE of nig, anybody can...even KOWA!
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by oladele239(m): 4:51pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
David Mark
abi Goliath mark?
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:
I guess its too early to talk about 2019. But if things continue like this then Buhari will be a very vulnerable incumbent president facing reelection. The opposition party will be stupid if they don't snatch victory in 2019. If things never changed till 2019 a southerner can very much likely defeat Buhari, but I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.
Southerners are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people. Religion doesn't really matter when someone has these attributes, and being a liberal Muslim is a bonus. The northerners due to the mass illiteracy there are only enticed by tribal identity and religion. All they will want to hear is "Northerner" and "Muslim" and their votes are secured.
If the opposition comes up with a candidate with those combination of features I don't think APC will stand a chance even if they rig.
nonsense post. And wat do u mean by a liberal Muslim? Am sure u voted Jonathan not because he's competent but because he's a xtian and possibly from ur region. Pls grow beyond this sentiment and foolishness u are displaying. Was actually hoping to c u give some intellectual analysis and not this poo.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by cocktopuss: 4:56pm On May 22, 2016
Pat utomi!!

But first we need a new party... A party with a youth focused identity. Led by the younger generation and for the younger generation.

Anything else will loose against BUBU.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Elhabeeb1(m): 4:58pm On May 22, 2016
The problem with you southerners is your ignorance and stupidity, I just don't know how you think you got northerners figure out. Op you be mumu!
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
Every analysis is based on the survival of our political system.If PDP fixes there house in order,the zoning formular will be considered and a candidate from the north central will be pitched.Only Jerry Gana And David Mark are the most viable candidates from the north central.PMB cant survive 2019 age and health is enough to step him aside.Your 2yr must be either a prophetess or she is naturally intelligent.
Imagine the names mentioned! Jerry Gana and Mark! Why is PDP so so badly devoid of credible politicians since the demise of Yar Adua?
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by huptin(m): 5:21pm On May 22, 2016
teebillz:

Okay, let me challenge you on that. Tell me of a single instance when the south-west voted for a non-yoruba in an election where a yoruba man is also a leading contender.

1979 - Awolowo en masse
1983 - Awolowo en masse
1993 - Abiola en masse
1999 - Falae en masse
2003 - Obasanjo en masse
2007 - No Yoruba leading contender. Yar'aua with very low voter turn out
2011 - No Yoruba leading contender. Jonathan with very low voter turn out
2015 - No Yoruba leading contender. Buhari with very low voter turn out

You are almost very correct, but also in 2003 they voted Obj enmasse also but with very low voter turn out.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by jidejide2(m): 5:24pm On May 22, 2016
Am a south/western but am sorry to say we are cowards and we can't do more than a dead rat... south east is clamouring for their own, Northerns too is doing their own and south south too is doing their own we just kept our dirty useless mouth shot and our leaders fasheun and Co is spending our money directing us any how and we too is following... am sorry oooo
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by dimieprincess(f): 5:27pm On May 22, 2016
EbukaFran:
Sorry that is not the topic of the thread

You can start a thread on it if you feel compelled to do so

Itshekiris form almost 30 % of the electorate in Delta. You cannot wish it away , Itshekiris are important component of the state. The former governor is Itshekiri

Itshekiris are the most successful tribe in Delta but they don't beat their chest

lol, OMG what the Bleep man, bleep off. Itsekiri 30% then Urhobo is what %? Delta North is what % ? Ijaw is what %? Isoko is what %? Okpe is what % ? guy pls stay aware from Igbokoda weeds, it will do u good
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by olalerujb: 5:32pm On May 22, 2016
I respect your political analysis Mr Enlightenedmind, who rule Nigeria is predominantly determined by the north and s/w. If GEJ had not allowed corruption to smear his government, and the northerner or s/w does not turned their back at him, he may have worn the presidential election last year. In my own opinion, it is not enough for pdp to change its name, they need to revisit the foundation and the objectives of the party. Most of the players of the party should allow new breed of unquestionable character to succeed them, then they will make a comeback and ignite the fire again.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Deen77: 5:35pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
You can't imagine how popular Buhari is in the north and among south western older citizens,those 2 groups can never vote against Buhari they have 100% trust in him beside he is using that fight against corruption to decieve olders citizens in south-west,imagine during the era of buhari one man's show,he always has over 12 million votes and always win almost all the northern states let alone now that he is enjoying the support of south-west people

Thank but Buhari performance in the next two years will count and believe me Nigeria is going to vote him again.

The only opposition to Buhari 2019 is within the APC that is d primary, that is Tinubu power.

Just wait even with little resources now, this is his first budget, second budget will change Nigeria for good.

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Coolgent(m): 5:35pm On May 22, 2016
The answer is NOBODY!
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by chinchum(m): 5:38pm On May 22, 2016
12 months down, About 30 months left before election. 30 days in politics can change a lot, talkless of 30 months. No doubt it has been a turbulent past 12 months for the buhari regime, 30 months still at stake.

By Mid 2018, the stage will be close to set, and opinions and decisions would have started to set on who seats in Aso rock by may 29, 2019.

Do not forget that close to 10 million nigerians will benefit DIRECTLY from the allocated 500 billion naira in the social scheme of the 2016 budget.

those 10 millions have electoral value oooooo. All in all, it is too early to be discussing an election that the earliest time it can hold is dec. 2018
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Deen77: 5:40pm On May 22, 2016
southpole:

I think you are wrong, it is the North that has the determining factor because of their numerical strength, high political consciousness and political sophistication. it has been like that right from the first republic. In 1999 when the SW presented Olu Falae and the North presented Obasanjo who won? In 2003 the SW had to drop the idea of presenting their candidate and follow the North and Obasanjo won for the second term. If the SW had presented their own candidate to contest against Buhari in 2015, Buhari could have still won the election. Ask yourself why PDP recently zone its 2019 presidential candidate to the North? because that is the only way of increasing its chances of winning the elections. One important but neglected problem the south has is disunity, it is very common to hear an average southerner saying I am from SW, SE SS but a Northerner will say I am from the North irrespective of whether he is from the NW, SE or NC.

Why you are wrong, with total support for Buhari 2011, SW support for Jonathan change the game. If SW vote Jonathan believe me Buhari we not be president.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by safarigirl(f): 5:45pm On May 22, 2016
EbukaFran:

I love the way you deliver your points and they are valid points

There is no man or woman alive that can challenge Buharis popularity in the North. They are fanatical followers and right now, they see Buhari as the best thing since sliced bread.

Unfortunately for PDP and others, for some reason, buhari is building a fanatical base in the SW and parts of Edo and Delta

If an election is conducted today, Buhari will win by a landslide. In 2019, he will win by a large majority. If he wants to continue in 2023 , majority will support him
which part of the North? I hope you all don't count places like Kogi, Benue, Niger and Nassarawa as north.....the middle Beltans are not high on Buhari weed.

The same Northerners that weren't going enough to stop a GEJ win in 2011, may be the only ones in Team Buhari come 2019...and like seen before, that will simply not do

We all need to make proper calculations, when I predicted GEJ's loss last year, most people called me a Buhari supporter, they forget that politics is like chess, you don't have to get every piece off the board to win, you just have to mark the King

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Deen77: 5:49pm On May 22, 2016
nevilbot:

You conveniently forgot to add that the same sw u want to castigate voted yar adua in 2007 and gej in 2011. Are these ones from d south west too? Sw people vote based on convictions and not tribal or religious sentiments. 1999 was BTW falae and obj and dey voted falae cus dey trusted him more Dan obj. Even obj lost his ward and polling unit to falae in DAT election. 2015 was to vote based on performance and precedence and gej had not done enuf to get their votes based on those two factors.

They forget that SW vote Jonathan in 2011 and Vote Buhari in 2015.

If Buhari complete

Ibadan Ilorin road.
Lagos Ibadan express road.
Sagamu Ore express road.
Ilorin Jebba road.
Now ilorin kabba is for Dangote.

2019 is a sure banker for Buhari, we vote Jonathan no single road complete for 4 years in SW.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by OneManLegion(m): 5:52pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
I am from benin republic but i undetstand your country politics better than a lot of Nigerians.Mark my words,you will have no choice but to eat yours.Lets pray your Nascent democracy survives the next 3yrs.

"Nascent democracy".

For someone from little Benin republic, you sure sound pompous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Eri King (Photos) / Uduaghan To Okowa, Traditional Rulers: You Are Too Small To Spite Me / "Twitter Suspension? I Will Keep That To Myself" - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.