Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria (6788 Views)

3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists / The Reason You Should Remain A Virgin Until Marriage. / Why White Men Will Forever Be Ahead Of Black Men. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by humilitypays(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2016
Before you read further, please note that I do understand that there are both male and female feminists; people who believe in equal right for women, and again do note that I am only concerned about Nigerian female feminists because I know that there are no sincere male feminists in Nigeria.

Any Nigerian man you see forming or claiming a feminists just want to attract cheap-admiration from the feminists women.

Now to the topic, feminists will continue to be jokers in Nigeria for the following reasons:

1. Most Nigerian Feminists are Ugly, Unattractive Women: ‎

In Nigeria, once a lady is ugly, physically unattractive to men, she automatically becomes a feminists, using feminism to show her anger towards men.‎

2. Nigerian Feminists are Heartbroken, Lonely, Bitter Women!

You can hardly see a young pretty Nigerian lady enjoying the company of amazing men, and who gets showered with love, gifts, money and favor talk about being a feminists.

Nigerian ladies only turn to feminists when they fail to find a male partner to love, when many men have broken their heart due to their greed and selfishness in selecting a man to date or marry.

If you doubt me, from today, observe those Nigerian ladies who claim to be feminists, you will discover that they have been heartbroken many times by men, reason they forcefully became fake feminists to wage their anger and frustration with men, pity them‎

3. Nigerian Feminists are Hypocrist:

In Nigeria, girls, ladies and women believe that it is their sole right to be taken care of by men. No Nigerian lady would function in a relationship she is sharing 50-50 of the expenses and running cost.

No Nigerian lady will gladly accept a man who earns less than her as a boyfriend or husband. If she does, it's probably because she couldn't find a richer man to love or the richer guys she desires only used and dumped her for other women, which made her to settle for a man she earns more than grudgingly most times.

And even after accepting such man, she will make life a living hell for him by reminding him of his financial shortcomings whenever an opportunity avails.

In order words, Nigerian women want gender equality but still they want men to be in charge of their financial upkeep.

Nigerian feminists only remember gender equality when it comes to good jobs, political posts and appointments, etc, but when it comes to spending, dating, marriage and finance, they forget gender equality and expect Nigerian men to spend more since they are the men.

Why don't hear that Nigerian feminists are fighting to have equal number of combatant soldiers in Nigerian army? Instead they struggle for office jobs where they will sit with computer in a cozy office to browse the social media and get huge pay at the end of the month, and then come online to claim feminists while still searching for a richer man to spend on them and come pay huge dowry to their parents in the name of marriage, smh

How many Nigerian feminists have bought a car, a house, etc for their boyfriend, lover or husband without complain or noise? But majority of ‎Nigerian men do this on daily basis with joy, yet Nigerian women come online to claim feminists that want gender equality and treatment, how?

4. Marriage Dowry:

So long as Nigerian feminists allow their parents to keep collecting or accepting huge dowry to marry them off to their suitors, then Nigerian female feminists will continue to be seen as jokers!

If you want gender equality, then abolish traditional and cultural practices that appear to sell the woman to men.

5. No Feminists Exist in Nigeria Anyway:

Any lady that tells you she is a feminist, ask her religion; if she is a Christian or Muslim, then she's just being bitter out of relationship and marriage frustration, you know why?

The Holy Bible made it clear that the man is the head of the family!

Quran ‎also exalted men above women, reason men are allowed to marry as many wives as they can care for in Islam.

So in conclusion, ignore any Nigerian lady calling herself a feminist because she is just acting out of frustration.

Nature didn't favor everybody equally, so no need of forming one thing just because things didn't go the way you desired....keep hoping and believing, and with time, you will achieve your goal, no need of venting your anger on men in the name of feminism and those gender equality nonsense that can never be achieved till the end of the world.‎

13 Likes

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 11:42am On May 22, 2016
Word!
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44am On May 22, 2016
nice one
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On May 22, 2016
My friend go and sleep. I am not a feminist but if given just two choices: A country ruled by silly, egoistical and never progressive men and another filled with feminists who are most likely smarter... i would choose the later in one blink.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On May 22, 2016
VERY TRUE AND @OP MOST NIGERIA LADIES HAVE SUCK AWAY VAGINA. I DNT THINK YOU WILL GIVE POWER TO A LADY WITH A VIRUS VAGINA. BASED ON WIZKID TO LINDA.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by humilitypays(m): 11:46am On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:
My friend go and sleep. I am not a feminist but if given just two choices: A country ruled by silly, egoistical and never progressive men and another filled with feminists who are most likely smarter... i wouldnt choose the later in one blink.
No happy, fulfilled woman thinks about feminism sissmiley

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On May 22, 2016
grin I see stereotypes, Common myths, Misplaced priorities flying around...gringrin

I Really don't see what feminism got to do with Payments of dowries and whatnot.
I also don't see the correlation between Allowing A guy takeCare of Your Ass and feminism.

y'all be Having different definitions of the word since 12BC..
it's Nauseating as it's laughable!

i think Everyone should be Humanitarians. and So by my understanding feminism is a subcomponent of humanitarianis...Feminism, is a movement which advocates equal rights and opportunities between the genders by the promotion and empowerment of women in society.

it doesn't say men should be pUssiies. lipsrsealed
Andit Also doesn't say You shouldn't be the head or whatever Family-Chief title y'all feel you were naturally ordained with by God knows what Or who!

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Taich(m): 11:47am On May 22, 2016
I like this plot.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:
My friend go and sleep. I am not a feminist but if given just two choices: A country ruled by silly, egoistical and never progressive men and another filled with feminists who are most likely smarter... i would choose the later in one blink.
sister sorry but all your threads shows you are dumb and far from smart. so which smart are you really e-talking about.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53am On May 22, 2016
humilitypays:
No happy, fulfilled woman thinks about feminism sissmiley

I modified wouldnt to would. Pls take note. smiley

Have you ever seen a developed country were dumb men are favoured above women? I only see them in Africa.

Women are fighting for equality because men have failed in their duty.

Most of you have simply misunderstood your position. You see it as an "edge" instead of as a big responsibility.

Women are fighting because something is fishy somewhere

1 Like

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by cruzita(f): 11:55am On May 22, 2016
I'm not a feminist but anyone who wants to trample on my right will see the blokus of the devil

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On May 22, 2016
At OP reason 1 and 2 doesn't make sense and could have been omitted, there are few feminist in Nigeria, reason being is that feminist in Nigeria want the equality without the responsibility that comes with equality.

I sincerely doubt a typical Nigerian lady can handle feminist it takes a strong lady to handle one. Wanting feminism means no dowry, no ladies first, 50-50 spilt of bills during date,Marriages no partial treatment, it means you want to be treated the equally the same way a guy is treated which is mostly being ignored.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58am On May 22, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
sister sorry but all your threads shows you are dumb and far from smart. so which smart are you really e-talking about.
Stick to your "This vs That" thread and stop digging your head into things that are bigger than you. undecided
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58am On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Sorry dear there would be no difference esp in Africa, we are ruled by corrupt people before even entering sex. Regardless of the sex it will be the same outcome.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 22, 2016
pcguru1:

Sorry dear there would be no difference esp in Africa, we are ruled by corrupt people before even entering sex. Regardless of the sex it will be the same outcome.
Have you really tried smart people undecided
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Have you really tried smart people undecided

That works in developed nations, in Africa a system of corruption has been built in the sense that smart and good people with good intentions won't be allowed or they will be dragged down to the bottom.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Flexherbal(m): 12:07pm On May 22, 2016
You are right, about the Bible and Quran, even other religions acknowledge men as head.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 22, 2016
Flexherbal:
You are right, about the Bible and Curran, even other religions acknowledge men as head.
But the men we have , are they behaving like the head ? Sorry to say but most men are irresponsible these days
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 22, 2016
pcguru1:

That's works in developed nations, in Africa a system of corruption had being built in the sense that smart and good people with good intentions won't be allowed or they will be dragged down to the bottom.
Ok
So you saying Nigerian men are generally not smart else they would always elect smarties to be on top? Funny.

And instead of putting their heads down, they are fighting feminists. Interesting
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 22, 2016
grin
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 22, 2016
pcguru1:
At OP reason 1 and 2 doesn't make sense and could have been omitted, there are few feminist in Nigeria, reason being is that feminist in Nigeria want the equality without the responsibility that comes with equality.

I sincerely doubt a typical Nigerian lady can handle feminist it takes a strong lady to handle one. Wanting feminism means no dowry, no ladies first, 50-50 spilt of bills during date,Marriages no partial treatment, it means you want to be treated the equally the same way a guy is treated which is mostly being ignored.
@bolded...This is an annoying Misconception. sad

50-50 split during dates? who the hell said that no ladies first? no dowry? Where did you get these absurd things from?
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Ok
So you saying Nigerian men are generally not smart else they would always elect smarties to be on top? Funny.

And instead of putting their heads down, they are fighting feminists. Interesting

I see no correlation about this ur conclusion and my previous post. Anyway what I mean is that anyone with good intentions men or women will not be given the chance in this Nigerian politics.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 22, 2016
cruzita:
I'm not a feminist but anyone who wants to trample on my right will see the blokus of the devil
You don see devil manparts ba?
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Have you ever seen a developed country were dumb men are favoured above women? I only see them in Africa.

Most of you have simply misunderstood your position. You see it as an "edge" instead of as a big responsibility.

There is nothing like equality, its all conspiracy. The same conspiracy that led Gay people ask for equal rights is still in play.

Women have their rights and men have rights too, women also have so many things that favor them in the society, but seem to ignore them and forget that equality does not mean justice.

Most lonely and bitter or heart broken women in america and beyond including Nigeria usually promote this type of feminism which is unnecessary.

Forgetting that there are other women who are having a great time in their lives with their spouse or otherwise.

Women are NOT fighting for equality because men have failed in their duty, they are fighting because they are brain washed that feel they deserve the rights of men, forgetting that women also have rights that men don't have.

@stupedinluv, stop supporting feminism, whether you claim to be a feminist or not.

Its more complex than you understand.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:
@bolded...This is an annoying Misconception. sad

50-50 split during dates? who the hell said that no ladies first? no dowry? Where did you get these absurd things from?

During my searches on the internet, I read from an American feminist that telling a lady "Ladies first" is sexists, dowry isn't it the same as bride price, remember there was an outburst on Yahoo about the Nigerian app that guages bride price.

Feminism is about equality in terms of treatment, access to the same opportunities as men, and equal wage payment , and this is based on the premise that women will take the responsibility that comes with it, now I am saying most typical Nigerian ladies cannot handle feminism because they don't now know what it really means.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 22, 2016
pcguru1:

I see no correlation about this ur conclusion and my previous post. Anyway what I mean is that anyone with good intentions men or women will not be given the chance in this Nigerian politics.

Ok.. monkeys decide who gets a chance in Nigerian politics. Makes sense.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Ok.. monkeys decide who gets a chance in Nigerian politics. Makes sense.

Not sure about monkies but Godfatherism and other factors.

Nigerians at this point won't mind a good leader be it man or woman as long as they can perform.........or monkies in your case.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by rose54321: 12:29pm On May 22, 2016
I didn't bother to read the entire piece, because your first point is flawed.
I am a feminist, but damn I'm sexy.
Beauty my dear is relative, that said,
Why read to the conclusion when the first assumption is wrong.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 22, 2016
I have no problem with feminism if women want their rights who am I to get in the way,just only bothers me when feminist themselves can't tell the difference between feminism and misandry
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 22, 2016
truthsayer007:

There is nothing like equality, its all conspiracy. The same conspiracy that led Gay people ask for equal rights is still in play.

Women have their rights and men have rights too, women also have so many things that favor them in the society, but seem to ignore them and forget that equality does not mean justice.

Most lonely and bitter or heart broken women in america and beyond including Nigeria usually promote this type of feminism which is unnecessary.

Forgetting that there are other women who are having a great time in their lives with their spouse or otherwise.

Women are NOT fighting for equality because men have failed in their duty, they are fighting because they are brain washed that feel they deserve the rights of men, forgetting that women also have rights that men don't have.

@stupedinluv, stop supporting feminism, whether you claim to be a feminist or not.

Its more complex than you understand.

There is nothing like equality? First, hope you realise that men and women are equal irrespective of our varying capabilities and responsibilities. We deserve the same fair treatment as men if not more, seeing that we are branded as weaker.

And you even dared to equate "equal rights" movement to LGBT. Ok bye.

But may i add,

some feminists are brainwashed. "Some"
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by humilitypays(m): 12:31pm On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:

My sister, I am not against women having and occupying good position, but if u can be honest enough, what do Nigerian women in good position do with their position and wealth

Oruma Oteh, Cecilia Ibru, etc comes to mind.

Now take a survey of successful women in Nigeria, u will discover that most of them ended up single because they were waiting and searching for richer men to still spend more money on them.

E.g. Onyeka Onwenu
Senator Chris Anyanwu
Genevieve Nnaji
Rita Domnic
Linda Ikeji
Funke Akindele (divorced)
Kate Henshaw
Etc, etc

Go to these women's communities, they rarely visit their hometown to build and develop their hometown.

But if they were men and had the fame and wealth they had, their communities will benefit, they will build roads, town halls, hospitals, markets, etc....they would marry one poor or not-rich lady and help her family and extended family too.

They will help their church, their immediate and extended relations.

But these women only help their siblings and parents; and not even all of them do.

So gender equality is a waste in Nigeria because our women don't believe in gender equality and they don't make good use of it.

Many Nigerian single ladies are occupying good jobs and positions that if single guys had those jobs, would marry some poor girls and help those girls family members and communities...but these ladies are in those positions and still don't want to look down to settle with a guy earning lesser than them, but still searching and waiting for richer guys that will spend more on them.

So my sister, Nigerian women are not ready for gender equality, that's the simple truth. Give the men the money, the good jobs so they can take good care of the women; our society will be more balanced and happiersmiley

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by chigoizie7(m): 12:32pm On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:
grin I see stereotypes, Common myths, Misplaced priorities flying around...gringrin

I Really don't see what feminism got to do with Payments of dowries and whatnot.
I also don't see the correlation between Allowing A guy takeCare of Your Ass and feminism.

y'all be Having different definitions of the word since 12BC..
it's Nauseating as it's laughable!

i think Everyone should be Humanitarians. and So by my understanding feminism is a subcomponent of humanitarianis...Feminism, is a movement which advocates equal rights and opportunities between the genders by the promotion and empowerment of women in society.

it doesn't say men should be pUssiies. lipsrsealed
Andit Also doesn't say You shouldn't be the head or whatever Family-Chief title y'all feel you were naturally ordained with by God knows what Or who!

As u said, stereotypes will be seen flying up and down.

As for your bolded, that might be an opposite of what naija "feminists" believe in.

Have u heard of free bleeders? Or the ones going bare chested because men do? Anyways this is not peculiar to nigerians.

I will start believing in "equal opportunity" when a girl come to my house with her family to pay my groom price. Let her have that as an opportunity she has been clamouring for.

I believe in equal rights and justice, but then again, all fingers are not equal, and we all mustn't be rich @ d same time, it is just quiet unfortunate that some will be poor.

Same as that feminism nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See how Tiger Grab this Woman Backside (Photo) / Sexy Becky Hudson Flaunts Her Eye-popping Assets Butts In Red Hot Swimsuit / My Best Nigeria Love Song Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.