Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) (53811 Views)

Chigozie Ekenze, IMSU Best Student Gets N13.7M Scholarship From Rochas Okorocha / Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks / "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Alpharezz(m): 9:28pm On May 22, 2016
cheesy Oga if na joke stop am o

Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by oceanp(f): 9:36pm On May 22, 2016
maybe the mug has some technology or magical ability .
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by cexodele(m): 9:56pm On May 22, 2016
olatunjithomas:
you gats be kidding me
after all the hard work? he got a mug? to help further his gaari consumption or what?
Biko what's on the next page?
omo ds no b ordinary mug o.na mug of lyf.
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Doublejoy411(m): 10:15pm On May 22, 2016
Truly Hard work pays for a mug........dis is so disheartening. After all his sleepless night Nd endless reading he got just a mug.
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by TOBIeee68(m): 10:17pm On May 22, 2016
d governor try serious given d guy mug a friend of mine graduated wit first class in lautech 2016 dem no give anything to retain him self no sure at all cuz to pples we go meet to elp so DAT skul can retain him na story for d Gods oo Nigeria no value first class anymore jawe u n ur own nioooooo if u sabi person n u get 3rd klass u get work
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by leonbob: 10:24pm On May 22, 2016
diegwu01:

Why say this? The first class is not for the Governor is for the Student who made it, A gift for him from the Governor isn't mandatory
Cannot believe you just typed this shocked
A first class student was given a mug and you are here spewing this?
I think the hardship you are going through has some reverse effect on your mind
Guy, this shitty gesture is a disgrace to the world of academics and a shame on the school and govt of that state that had the guts to even pose for a pic presenting a mug of #500 to a first class graduate shocked you must be kidding me angry
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by princesscrown(f): 10:49pm On May 22, 2016
We don't know what that mug contains, it's might b a cheque ,a scholarship letter, or a car key who knows things happen in different ways, what of d guy dat requested for a car from his father but on his father dieing bed his father gave him a bible not knowing what it's contains, so after many years the boy went back to check d bible his father gave him only for him to c a car key inside with d name of d dealer n he wept, so my people don't b quick to judge in a hury. Thanks
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by kenoz(m): 11:32pm On May 22, 2016
embarassed embarassed
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by TrumpDonald(m): 11:36pm On May 22, 2016
yettybaby112:
He should thank God he got that, my boo didn't receive anything for being the best

My dear, ur boo is better. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Abbeytoy(m): 11:40pm On May 22, 2016
hotspec:

RECEIVE SENSE & D GRACE TO USE IT

I can see the level of your sense.

must everything be in public?
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Abbeytoy(m): 11:41pm On May 22, 2016
cnwamo:

Are You a graduate?

Yes I am!
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Abbeytoy(m): 11:44pm On May 22, 2016
tonio2wo:

None o! But guy! This Is absurd Its better they did not give him anything at all. Or dem for wrap d gift naa.

Its not when we give the world to someone to show how valuable they are
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Abbeytoy(m): 11:50pm On May 22, 2016
Donshemzy1234:

And if you can't give gift must you embarrass the nation

But I wonder how some people just open mouth and talk out of common sense.

Mr common sense una Weldon o.
Did u know the offer on ground for him?

Even if you are given a house full of gold u'll still not appreciate it.

Ole ole, did that guy even complain to u?
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by editor123: 12:08am On May 23, 2016
You shouldn’t judge based on just one photo that is being circulated.

He was presented with a whole lot of other things.

By the way, he got automatic employment too, so find something doing, rather than complaining about a talented young graduate from Osun who is doing very well with his life.

danieloy4:
Initially saw it on Twitter last night and i thought it was a joke until i later saw the picture that it was for real.
A UNIOSUN best graduating student who bagged a first class was given a MUG by the state Governor Aregbesola of Osun state in company of the VC. You spend around 4-5yrs in the university studying pretty hard then you graduate as the best graduating student and they give you a stupid mug. Tell me what cannot happen in this Nigeria we are in?

Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by pxjosh(m): 1:08am On May 23, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
I don't really think he was given such, am seeing something that looks like vocational on the background, so my thought is that the guy designed and produced the mug then was given a privilege to present it to the governor, probably as the group leader.
am not so sure the vc or the governor will do such without having a significance at the event except people including the media present were insane.
let those that witness it live tell us about it or students of the school.
well...I think it's convocation. the other one being ceremonies. look very well, you'd notice it
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 3:29am On May 23, 2016
pxjosh:
well...I think it's convocation. the other one being ceremonies. look very well, you'd notice it
that's true. thanks. somethings are just unbelievable.
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Prosperousman(m): 5:03am On May 23, 2016
Maybe it's a diamond mug, still check whether a cheque was hidden inside the mug
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by encrypt(m): 6:26am On May 23, 2016
Bollinger:

Na hunger de influence your thought process. You go school go win gift for graduating? Which kain people be dis?
What is worth doing is worth doing well.. He never asked for the gift neither did he study hard so he'll get a gift but at the same time it's not befitting to be given a mug for such feat.
I personally wouldn't even leave that venue with the mug...I don't like carrying load upandan
A handshake would have been better than a mug that wasn't even wrapped!

1 Like

Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by encrypt(m): 6:29am On May 23, 2016
princesscrown:
We don't know what that mug contains, it's might b a cheque ,a scholarship letter, or a car key who knows things happen in different ways, what of d guy dat requested for a car from his father but on his father dieing bed his father gave him a bible not knowing what it's contains, so after many years the boy went back to check d bible his father gave him only for him to c a car key inside with d name of d dealer n he wept, so my people don't b quick to judge in a hury. Thanks
Car key inside Bible undecided erm it's too early abeg I'll comment on this after work
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by uche77zero(m): 7:50am On May 23, 2016
Abbeytoy:

were in Nigerian constitution was written to be given gift for graduating students?

I don't believe you just typed this
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by diegwu01: 7:58am On May 23, 2016
leonbob:

Cannot believe you just typed this shocked
A first class student was given a mug and you are here spewing this?
I think the hardship you are going through has some reverse effect on your mind
[b]Guy, this shitty gesture is a disgrace to the world of academics [/b]and a shame on the school and govt of that state that had the guts to even pose for a pic presenting a mug of #500 to a first class graduate shocked you must be kidding me angry

Recently, a Nigerian turned out to be the best graduating student in an American Universty, POTUS was the guest of honor at the grad ceremony,
all she got was handshake and a hug. I am sure in your skewed and Nigerian conditioned reasoning you would be expecting POTUS to give her a car or House. Nigerians like you would expect free gifts for something that mainly benefits you. grin grin
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by wildikeman(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2016
Dont underestimate oo...it could be Aladdins magic lamp...who knows
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by obyrich(m): 8:48am On May 23, 2016
yettybaby112:
He should thank God he got that, my boo didn't receive anything for being the best
Nothing there to be happy about. I can't correlate the mug with his achievement as best graduating student. If at all, it shows how daft the governor is. Why not a textbook, laptop or M.Sc scholarship in the same school? These are affordable gifts which are appropriate for the occasion.

1 Like

Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by olatunjithomas(m): 9:28am On May 23, 2016
cexodele:
omo ds no b ordinary mug o.na mug of lyf.
who knows, it could be made from diamond
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Abbeytoy(m): 12:31pm On May 23, 2016
uche77zero:
I don't believe you just typed this

Wake up man. I did
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Henycymama(f): 5:46pm On May 23, 2016
yettybaby112:

that one is still better than giving a mug.... it really a sound slap on the stdnt...
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by leonbob: 8:54pm On May 23, 2016
diegwu01:

Recently, a Nigerian turned out to be the best graduating student in an American Universty, POTUS was the guest of honor at the grad ceremony,
all she got was handshake and a hug. I am sure in your skewed and Nigerian conditioned reasoning you would be expecting POTUS to give her a car or House. Nigerians like you would expect free gifts for something that mainly benefits you. grin grin
Just see how you missed the whole point, what I am saying is that the thought of presenting that useless mug is a disgrace to academic excellence and hard work, better the guy was given a good handshake for job well done than make a mockery of excellence with that silly joke
No one is demanding a house or car but whoever thought of presenting that mug is demented and silly.
About the guy you mentioned go and find out the swarm of opportunities that was presented to him to further enhance the pursuit of his dream.
How on earth do you think I was canvassing for material reward, you must be kidding me undecided
Re: UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) by Peaceful10(m): 9:20pm On May 26, 2016
Is education really the best legacy? (In Nigeria) I will rather say knowledge in combination with self discovery is the best legacy. But education in this Nigeria, forget it. A country where you can sing "kin ma ladi" or "moti mu dongoyaro" and get several recognitions and awards from the so called educated individuals. Aregbesola dance more shoki and present more mugs to graduates. But next time try to add a packet of Lipton, that yellow label one... Awon oloshi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What The School In David Mark Home Town Looks Like / Funny!!-- See What This Lecturer Did Inside The Classroom - AIFCE / Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.