Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Ask A Pilot... - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask A Pilot... (107101 Views)

Pilot Saves Baby After Being Involved In A Horrible Accident In Lagos. Photos / Nigerian Pilot, Ademilola, Makes History As First African To Fly The World Solo / Young Pilot Who Flew His Mother: "One Of The Best Days Of My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
Medview Airlines will lease a B747-400 to be deployed on their Lagos-London/Jeddah routes.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
jude33084:

Without flap? What aircraft is that?

I know you can land with just flap 1 or 2 in a C172 or C152 but not without one bro

Did your instructor advice you to do that? Is it allowed? smiley

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by cutelover19(m): 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
In other news, I would be back in the skies next week. Done with my conversion from the B777-200LR to the B777-300ER
goodluck sir, not jonathan o........ grin

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
cutelover19:

goodluck sir, not jonathan o........ grin

He's a perfect gentle man and I have had the privilege of meeting him several times. The last time, he referred to me as runaway pilot. grin

Too bad he was surrounded by evil people.

9 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
CFCman:
Medview Airlines will lease a B747-400 to be deployed on their Lagos-London/Jeddah routes.

With decent pricing and excellent services, it would be mega profitable.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
CFCman:

I believe it is due to the rotation of the Earth from west to east. Planes flying in that direction experience less headwinds because they are "flying with" the Earth.
The planes flying in an east - west direction experience greater headwinds, that's why the east - west routes are usually longer than the west - east route.
I never understood this stuff right from secondary school and my Geography teachers has not been helping matters...does the earth rotate East to West in a clockwise or anticlockwise direction?

CFCman:
Sir please , does Medview have any cadet programme? Do they sponsor trainings for students (and possibly retain them after wards)? Can you direct me on how to secure sponsorship in a flight school in Nigeria?

Boeing777pilot:
In other news, I would be back in the skies next week. Done with my conversion from the B777-200LR to the B777-300ER

Congratulations to you sir. See you at the top *salutes*

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Ikenna17(m): 3:16am On Aug 03, 2016
Thanks Mr Olisa4all and Boeing747pilot for your previous answer, I've been really busy with school because I'll be writing my PPL Exams in a few weeks time so I couldn't reply your former post. This question is for 747pilot, I noticed that type for type Airbus costs less to type rate compared to Boeing, is it because it's easier to fly an Airbus or because of some grand conspiracy? lmao
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 03, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

With decent pricing and excellent services, it would be mega profitable.
For sure.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2016
okikiosibodu:

I never understood this stuff right from secondary school and my Geography teachers has not been helping matters...does the earth rotate East to West in a clockwise or anticlockwise direction?

Sir please , does Medview have any cadet programme? Do they sponsor trainings for students (and possibly retain them after wards)? Can you direct me on how to secure sponsorship in a flight school in Nigeria?

Yes, the Earth rotates clock-wise from west to east.
As for your 2nd question, I have no idea if they have such a program

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Eshiettk(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
That's a kind of performance landing called flapless, its done when you have strong wind
naruto02:
I nailed my landing yesterday it felt good... I went ahead to land without flaps..
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
One of my baby's relatives was involved in an incident today at DXB thankfully, all passenger and crew are safe and the captain was the last to leave the aircraft.

4 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 12:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
One of my baby's relatives was involved in an incident today at DXB thankfully, all passenger and crew are safe and the captain was the last to leave the aircraft.
I thought they said the cabin crew(flight attendants) were the last to leave, and also what was the reason for the 'go-around' and How come dey forgot to deploy the landing gear.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2016
naruto02:

I thought they said the cabin crew(flight attendants) were the last to leave, and also what was the reason for the 'go-around' and How come dey forgot to deploy the landing gear.

no info yet on what really transpired
The crew leaves last and the captain is the last to step off the aircraft.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by idu1(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
Olisa4all:

I'm a helicopter pilot sir
what is the average salary of a helicopter pilot in nigeria?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by idu1(m): 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
Is there institution that train sailors in nigeria?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Eshiettk(m): 5:46am On Aug 05, 2016
Yes there Is. Its the Nigerian Maritime Academy, Oron.
idu1:
Is there institution that train sailors in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
As Sugah rightly pointed out, go into aviation because of passion and not money else it's only a matter of time before frustration sets in.

At a point in my career, I worked for free. As in, I wasn't paid because all I wanted was flying time. It was very unusual but it paid off for me in the long run.

Please captain, I will like know if or maybe I can get company that I can work with "for free" like you just to boost my flying hours (once I complete my CPL). Is it possible to get one without much stress? Thanks sir!!

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
ademolamiowon:

Please captain, I will like know if or maybe I can get company that I can work with "for free" like you just to boost my flying hours (once I complete my CPL). Is it possible to get one without much stress? Thanks sir!!

It's far easier when you are already type rated. In my case I was already type rated on the B737-NG so the company didn't have to spend a dime on training plus it's a bit unusual so there are some legal documentation that needs to be done.

I'm still a humble First Officer.

5 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

It's far easier when you are already type rated. In my case I was already type rated on the B737-NG so the company didn't have to spend a dime on training plus it's a bit unusual so there are some legal documentation that needs to be done.

I'm still a humble First Officer.

Thanks for the prompt reply and it's really helpful. I perfectly understand why the legal documentation is needed so no more question in that regard. If I need more question(s), I'll still ask. thanks!

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Kaydem(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
Wow. Well done everybody. I did enjoying every minute I spent reading through the posts. I've always love to be a pilot too...the sensation of witnessing the take offs and landings of those Acfts and also working as an Airfield Operation Officer( interned) on the apron of MMA1 back then still flashes through my memory every now and then. Keeping all hope alive!
Re: Ask A Pilot... by darkhorizon: 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
Please does anyone know if osun state gives scholarsip for fixed wing pilot training??
Re: Ask A Pilot... by darkhorizon: 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
Please does anyone know if osun or lagos state gives scholarship for fixed wing pilot training? cc: boeing777pilot
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 10:14am On Aug 06, 2016
darkhorizon:
Please does anyone know if osun or lagos state gives scholarship for fixed wing pilot training? cc: boeing777pilot

No idea sir. You can use Google.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 08, 2016
There are 130,000 pilots in the world, with 4,000 of them being women.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by kingreign(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2016

Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 11:28pm On Aug 08, 2016
Came across this thread long ago. Its quite informative

https://www.nairaland.com/2792531/aviation-interesting-facts-pilots-airports
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
This full flight SIM Boeing is available here In Lagos. Tried it today and it was awesome

5 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2016
igwemoagbo:
This full flight SIM Boeing is available here In Lagos. Tried it today and it was awesome

Awesome!

We are getting there gradually bro

We need real aviators to join the group cool
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nice jet.

4 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
@ Igwemoagbo and Naruto02, great pictures you both have, up there. I am still optimistic of becoming a successful and celebrated pilot. How it will happen or when it will happen, I don't know ('cause I have no idea). But I know it will surely happen. #Habakkuk 2 :2-3

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by brownlord: 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
Please I like to know, is it possible for a plane to be still ( not moving ) mid air, I've argued with someone before that planes especially commercial can't stay on air without moving but two people said they've experienced it and they weren't inside the plane but outside, I did a little search on the Internet and all result I got proved its not possible, I had an experience when I was on board a plane few months back which makes me think the plane was still at a point for about 10 minutes, it was at the same spot my two friends said they've seen this happened, it was just before landing, we weren't moving and it was so obvious, this really got me worried and I asked a friend who is a flight attendant with a local airline and she said it's possible.

Please i like to know if really a plane can be be still mid air without moving for maybe 5 mins.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by kingreign(m): 12:27am On Aug 16, 2016
brownlord:
Please I like to know, is it possible for a plane to be still ( not moving ) mid air, I've argued with someone before that planes especially commercial can't stay on air without moving but two people said they've experienced it and they weren't inside the plane but outside, I did a little search on the Internet and all result I got proved its not possible, I had an experience when I was on board a plane few months back which makes me think the plane was still at a point for about 10 minutes, it was at the same spot my two friends said they've seen this happened, it was just before landing, we weren't moving and it was so obvious, this really got me worried and I asked a friend who is a flight attendant with a local airline and she said it's possible.

Please i like to know if really a plane can be be still mid air without moving for maybe 5 mins.

Only a chopper can hover mid air, planes don't stay still and don't reverse.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply)

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.