Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? (22491 Views)

How Relevant Is CIBN Certification In Nigeria/globally / National Trade Test Certificate - How Relevant It Is? / Shorthand Still Relevant Or Not In Secretariat Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Romzy26: 6:55am On May 23, 2016
Ksudr:
Economics of course....... An economics can rise to the post of manager in the banking sector while accountants stop at cashier...

Economics is very more lucrative
lol did u hear urself? accountants stop at cashier? lmao, btw I'm an economist
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Olushow144: 6:56am On May 23, 2016
You can get a combination of the three, bsc in econs, mba and a professional accounting degree(ACCA, Ican)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by riddler4real(m): 6:57am On May 23, 2016
None. A graduate in yoruba studies that knows people at the top can get jobs in those fields easily....
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by nepapole(m): 6:59am On May 23, 2016
CONNECT is d KOKO. YORUBA sef dey compete wit dese courses in this country of ours.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by abat4real37(f): 7:04am On May 23, 2016
Accounting no doubt

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by seunmsg(m): 7:09am On May 23, 2016
Accounting is miles ahead. Even Economics, Business admin and graduates of other courses still find their way to the Accounting profession through ICAN and Acca.

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by holluphemydavid(m): 7:11am On May 23, 2016
Pls someone should talk about financial management, how relevant is d course in Nigeria?
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by menstrualpad: 7:12am On May 23, 2016
riddler4real:
None. A graduate in yoruba studies that knows people at the top can get jobs in those fields easily....
You just insulted a babalawo be careful. A Yoruba graduate can call out a rabbit in front of you.... They're sought after even as Fulbright scholars
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by menstrualpad: 7:12am On May 23, 2016
holluphemydavid:
Pls someone should talk about financial management, how relevant is d course in Nigeria?
Your ambition in life is?
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by menstrualpad: 7:13am On May 23, 2016
seunmsg:
Accounting is miles ahead. Even Economics, Business admin and graduates of other courses still find their way to the Accounting profession through ICAN and Acca.
I'll love to meet you..

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Romzy26: 7:14am On May 23, 2016
since u said contemporary Nigeria, I'll go with accounting because they are easily employed and needed in all organizations especially the chartered accountants not to say that pple from other disciplines cant become chartered too but since "everyone" in the social/mgt sci line (plus other field i.e engineering) are switching to accounting, it goes to show that accounting is more relevant in this present day Nigeria. Also accounting firms pay well too such as Pwc, kmpg, deloitte, E$Y, etc. P.S I'm an Economist and i can argue all day for economics but lets just state facts.

2 Likes

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by victorjoe(m): 7:17am On May 23, 2016
elego1:
Between Accounting, Economics and Bus. Adm. which do you think is more lucrative and has more job opportunities in contemporary and futuristic Nigeria?

Does it matter in this country? Was your former president not a zoologist? (abi na botany) I stand to be corrected.

Just make sure you collect the certificate first first. That's the most important aspect. Even though you might not use it in 9ja.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:17am On May 23, 2016
Ksudr:
Economics of course....... An economics can rise to the post of manager in the banking sector while accountants stop at cashier...

Wow, see reasoning. Are u from Daura or by any means related to buhari the dullard?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by menstrualpad: 7:18am On May 23, 2016
Romzy26:
since u said contemporary Nigeria, I'll go with accounting because they are easily employed and needed in all organizations especially the chartered accountants not to say that pple from other disciplines cant become chartered too but since "everyone" in the social/mgt sci line (plus other field i.e engineering) are switching to accounting, it goes to show that accounting is more relevant in this present day Nigeria. Also accounting firms pay well too such as Pwc, kmpg, deloitte, E$Y, etc. P.S I'm an Economist and i can argue all day for economics but lets just state facts.
As an economist you should know that accounting can be very boring as it's usually routine

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by ayoolafaesol(m): 7:21am On May 23, 2016
Its economics, cos an economist has d knowledge of both accountin n biz admin.

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by PAnaceA7(m): 7:23am On May 23, 2016
Economics for sure...... An accountant need Ican in order to go up the ladder but an economists alone is enough coupled with ican.... u've killed Account Graduates already...Business Admin is good but just there jare

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Lionhearted: 7:24am On May 23, 2016
Economics of course. Broadens your horizon.

It gives you edge. If you have a degree in Economics and ICAN certified you are at par, or even above, with someone who studied Accounting.

An economist can be an accountant with relevant certifications. No matter the number of certifications an Accountant/Business Admin. can never become an economist except he go back to school.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:26am On May 23, 2016
menstrualpad:
Accounting if you want to be a professional fast.
Economics is wide the range is unpredictable... Stockbroker Health economics, Petroleum economics, Trade economics, International finance, production economics, Agric economics,
If you're aiming to be an entrepreneur economics is good for you....
Business admin is an ashawo course basically studied by people who are not too sound upstairs.... IMO. And most are managers not entrepreneurs.... And almost every idle hand is always thinking of business administration as a course. Coupled with the fact that if you ever get idle you can do an MBA in it. Unless you intend attending LBS Pan African University it's a waste of time.
Look at the way you condemned a course just because you think you're a genius and you can do better than they are.. With your brilliance, have you been able to study world and heaven? Smh for you.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by dharay99: 7:27am On May 23, 2016
grin grin grin
#idd, Jonathan dun cuss kasala,
zoologist presido!
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by menstrualpad: 7:29am On May 23, 2016
LuckyLadolce:
Look at the way you condemned a course just because you think you're a genius and you can do better than they are.. With your brilliance, have you been able to study world and heaven? Smh for you.
Ain't personal bro....just from experience
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by micolaj: 7:29am On May 23, 2016
How will information flow in business without ACCOUNTING?I have answered your question.LANGUAGE OF BUSINESS-ACCOUNTING.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by crazymod: 7:34am On May 23, 2016
elego1:
Between Accounting, Economics and Bus. Adm. which do you think is more lucrative and has more job opportunities in contemporary and futuristic Nigeria?

NONE............
Ibe Kachukwu is a lawyer.
Fashola is a lawyer

Most of the people you see working in bank, NNPC, SHELL, CHEVRON didn't read any of the above.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Romzy26: 7:36am On May 23, 2016
menstrualpad:

As an economist you should know that accounting can be very boring as it's usually routine
yeah it gets boring, I for one dont like accounting and cant do ICAN or ACCA but mehn, as long as there is money in it pple wud find fun doing it lol

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Amalision: 7:37am On May 23, 2016

@ksudr
The current governor of the central bank Mr Godwin Emeifele was the Group managing director of zenith bank before. he just had Bsc and Msc from banking and finance from UNN.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by demzey(m): 7:37am On May 23, 2016
dejisky:
Accounting, because most Economics and Business Admin graduates are still switched to Accounting through ICAN or ACCA.
Hmm I'm sure after they've finished, they'll still be very much better than the accountants...#TeamEco

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by femmykenny: 7:38am On May 23, 2016
Economics will always be Ahead ---- team Economics University of ibadan.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Dotman2210(m): 7:38am On May 23, 2016
Ksudr:

say what you know Mister and stop talking out of ignorance
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by coolzeal(m): 7:39am On May 23, 2016
Shoutout to all the Economists in the house. Glad I am one.

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Emasel(m): 7:39am On May 23, 2016
Economics!

A very versatile course.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by demzey(m): 7:41am On May 23, 2016
micolaj:
How will information flow in business without ACCOUNTING?I have answered your question.LANGUAGE OF BUSINESS-ACCOUNTING.
And you will liquidate if you have no iota of economics in you.....but the truth is everyone is an economist to a certain level, even kids, day can tell you wen d economy is good or bad
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by geezville(m): 7:43am On May 23, 2016
Based on experience, I'd conclude that the most rewarding career would depend on your interests. Pursuing a degree without having intense passion from the onset may lead to frustrations in the end. Here are my thoughts on the courses you mentioned though:

1. A degree in business administration would only make you a generalist, without core skills in a specific business function e.g. Project Management or Supply Chain Management. If you are undecided about what you want to achieve after concluding your studies, this may be a way to go. If you had an epiphany at some point, and deemed it fit to switch careers, it ain't too late..you can pursue a professional accounting accounting designation e.g. ICAN or ACCA and bingo, you're an accountant already.

2. I'm not too sure how beneficial a degree in Economics is in Nigeria today. But hey, if you really have a passion for developing economic models, then go for it. Most of my buddies who studied the course are either working in banks or just switched to accounting through ICAN or ACCA. This is probably one of the underrated courses in naija compared to some other countries.

3. An then Accounting, which I feel offers a decent amount of opportunities in the Nigerian job market, as every organization must have a financial control, financial reporting or at least an accounting unit. For you to reap the full benefits though, obtaining a professional designation is imperative.

Cheers bud!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience At A Retail Store Today / Achigili Raph Ogili: How FRSC Official Forged UNIABUJA Certificate For Promotion / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.