Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... (2320 Views)

Just Take A Look At This / Please Look At The Email I Got / Look At The Job Post I Saw On The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 7:42am On May 23, 2016
Goodmonin friends: I opened a thread on dis before but there's a new dimension to it now. I have made up my mind to pursue dis dream I have always nurtured but could it be dat I am missing somtin here? plse help me look at dis.
I have always desired to become a medical doctor rite from my high school days. After many attempts of securing d admission failed, I picked up an alternative course, Biological science. All tru my days in d university, I never felt satisfied because biological sciences wasn't my dream course. Just because I vowed never to pal with academic failure, I was able to graduate with a CGPA of 4.32, second class upper. I finished my NYSC last year October, by January dis year I secured a teaching job dat pays me 50-60k monthly. While in service , I applied tru D.E for medicine and Surgery in a highly recognized federal university in Nigeria. In summary, the list was released a few days back and I was offered admission, MBBS, 200L.
.....my fix and dilemma..
Before I resumed dis current teaching job I had attended a two-day interview at a British international school ; they asked me how much I would like dem to pay me, I simply told them 140k cos tge person dat recommended me to the school already gave me orientation. so they said they going to get back to me. so after a week I didn't hear from them and God helped me secured dis current one. just last week when I was already preparing and tidying up my class to officially resign from d current job to go and commence my registration in pursuit of my medical carrier, I received a call from the school {after several months} dat I should resume work with d pay I asked them for...140k.

Please friends; am I missing anything here? do u find anything wrong pursuing dis dream of mine?
please I need to hear from you. dis forum is like a family.
but I will be more fulfilled in d field of Medicine.
Thanks for ur warm pieces of advice!
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Nobody: 7:57am On May 23, 2016
For me, the reason you have not accepted the offer and trashing the medicine stuff is because you have wealthy parent or sibblings who can surport you anytime you ask for help-even if you don't have a job. If not, how can a sane person, who has tasted poverty and with a lot responsibility hanging on his neck be asking this kind of question?

Abegii!

6 Likes

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Nobody: 7:58am On May 23, 2016
Thing I love about what you're doing is how much you're holding onto the dream, if we all had that passion for what we want, this country would be a better place

In my opinion I think you should go for the medical course, knowing how many years you spent at school yet not fulfilled with yourself

If you can cope with the finances, then go ahead cause even if u take the new teaching job, uno what worse?

You may be an unhappy man for a long time knowing your heart isn't set out for that journey

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by choco212(m): 8:05am On May 23, 2016
Follow your dream and be fulfilled, there is nothing as good as doing what u have passion to do, don't get carried away with d money.

1 Like

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 8:12am On May 23, 2016
vargasvictory:
Thing I love about what you're doing is how much you're holding onto the dream, if we all had that passion for what we want, this country would be a better place

In my opinion I think you should go for the medical course, knowing how many years you spent at school yet not fulfilled with yourself

If you can cope with the finances, then go ahead cause even if u take the new teaching job, uno what worse?

You may be an unhappy man for a long time knowing your heart isn't set out for that journey

tank u very much, am really grateful
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by kushb: 8:15am On May 23, 2016
Please and please my brother, go for that your dream,you will be better of for it,I had such dream but unfortunately, it did not turn out as I wished,I am yet to find fulfillment in life cos of that.wish you well

3 Likes

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 8:19am On May 23, 2016
Royal155:
For me, the reason you have not accepted the offer and trashing the medicine stuff is because you have wealthy parent or sibblings who can surport you anytime you ask for help-even if you don't have a job. If not, how can a sane person, who has tasted poverty and with a lot responsibility at his neck be asking this kind of question?

Abegii!

the key here sir, is self fulfillment and satisfaction...if I tell u how fulfilled I feel now ehh, just knowing dat I have bin offered admission in MBBS, it's overwhelming..

I am not even from a reach home, my former lecturer in my first university has offered me full support tru out my medical pursuit. My siblings are really happy for me now ...

1 Like

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 8:21am On May 23, 2016
kushb:
Please and please my brother, go for that your dream,you will be better of for it,I had such dream but unfortunately, it did not turn out as I wished,I am yet to find fulfillment in life cos of that.wish you well

waooh!! sorry about dat dr..how I wish u stil pursue it, but u know better.

thanks for yr warm advice
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 8:22am On May 23, 2016
choco212:
Follow your dream and be fulfilled, there is nothing as good as doing what u have passion to do, don't get carried away with d money.

tank u sir, I am grateful!
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Nobody: 8:31am On May 23, 2016
Life though! Lol

Op, have you considered how long you'll spend in school even though you got admitted into 200l considering Nigerian educational system? How old are you? Have you considered that? Have you considered how long it'll take for you to settle down as a medical doctor and prolly start "your life"? Well, I'm not trying to discourage you but consider a lot of things. This teaching job won't benefit you only but people around you also - your family.

Just an opinion.

PS: If you finally decide to forgo the job, epp me with the link to apply. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Querty(m): 8:33am On May 23, 2016
NewSheriff:
Life though! Lol

Op, have you considered how long you'll spend in school even though you're got admitted into 200l considering Nigerian educational system? How old are you? Have you considered that? Have you considered how long it'll take for you to settle down as a medical doctor and prolly start "your life"? Well, I'm not trying to discourage you but consider a lot of things. This teaching job won't benefit you only but people around you also - your family.

Just an opinion.

lolzz
guy u funny die..
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Querty(m): 8:36am On May 23, 2016
waooh!! are there still people like u in this world?

I salute ur courage broda, please ride on and pursue ur dream

Moderator, dis should be on FrontPage, am sure it will encourage many people who are at the verge of given up on their dreams.

1 Like

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by mightykay(m): 9:11am On May 23, 2016
be careful, anytime u want to do a thing n money pops up fr another angle as a distraction, it means dat thing is bound to b successful or great but enemy want to distract u wt money. Money is most distractive tool used by d devil. go for ur dream

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 9:20am On May 23, 2016
mightykay:
be careful, anytime u want to do a thing n money pops up fr another angle as a distraction, it means dat thing is bound to b successful or great but enemy want to distract u wt money. Money is most distractive tool used by d devil. go for ur dream

tanks broda, really appreciate..
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 9:23am On May 23, 2016
NewSheriff:
Life though! Lol

Op, have you considered how long you'll spend in school even though you got admitted into 200l considering Nigerian educational system? How old are you? Have you considered that? Have you considered how long it'll take for you to settle down as a medical doctor and prolly start "your life"? Well, I'm not trying to discourage you but consider a lot of things. This teaching job won't benefit you only but people around you also - your family.

Just an opinion.

tanks broda!!
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by cjeriia: 10:00am On May 23, 2016
NigeriaB:
Goodmonin friends: I opened a thread on dis before but there's a new dimension to it now. I have made up my mind to pursue dis dream I have always nurtured but could it be dat I am missing somtin here? plse help me look at dis.
I have always desired to become a medical doctor rite from my high school days. After many attempts of securing d admission failed, I picked up an alternative course, Biological science. All tru my days in d university, I never felt satisfied because biological sciences wasn't my dream course. Just because I vowed never to pal with academic failure, I was able to graduate with a CGPA of 4.32, second class upper. I finished my NYSC last year October, by January dis year I secured a teaching job dat pays me 50-60k monthly. While in service , I applied tru D.E for medicine and Surgery in a highly recognized federal university in Nigeria. In summary, the list was released a few days back and I was offered admission, MBBS, 200L.
Before I resumed dis current teaching job I had attended a two-day interview at a British international school ; they asked me how much I would like dem to pay me, I simply told them 140k cos tge person dat recommended me to the school already gave me orientation. so they said they going to get back to me. so after a week I didn't hear from them and God helped me secured dis current one. just last week when I was already preparing and tidying up my class to officially resign from d current job to go and commence my registration in pursuit of my medical carrier, I received a call from the school {after several months} dat I should resume work with d pay I asked them for...140k.

Please friends; am I missing anything here? do u find anything wrong pursuing dis dream of mine?
Believe me, N140K would probably not give u d contentment ur dream might fetch u. My advice, LIVE UR DREAM. Go to medical school. Fulfill ur ambition so dat when u look back, u will smile & say I TOOK MY DESTINY IN MY OWN HANDS

1 Like

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 10:20am On May 23, 2016
cjeriia:
Believe me, N140K would probably no give u d contentment ur dream might fetch u. My advice, LIVE UR DREAM. Go to medical school. Fulfill ur ambition so dat when u look back, u will smile & say I TOOK MY DESTINY IN MY OWN HANDS

thank u soo much for these kind words. I appreciate!
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Salex007(m): 10:32am On May 23, 2016
But what of if u are not destined to be a medical doctor ko ?
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by idu1(m): 10:36am On May 23, 2016
Go for your medicine abeg...
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2016
Salex007:
But what of if u are not destined to be a medical doctor ko ?

I told God wen I was applying dat If bin a medical doctor isn't my destiny den the admission shouldn't come tru and I wil not apply again. so me to have gotten dis admission , God is really involved.

Over 2000k people went for d screening..D.E, only 20 persons were offered admission..MBBS..

most of dis people having first degree ,some with first class degree in a more related field than my Biology..

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Nobody: 10:57am On May 23, 2016
NigeriaB:

the key here sir, is self fulfillment and satisfaction...if I tell u how fulfilled I feel now ehh, just knowing dat I have bin offered admission in MBBS, it's overwhelming..

I am not even from a reach home, my former lecturer in my first university has offered me full support tru out my medical pursuit. My siblings are really happy for me now ...
All the best to then..
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by OMOBABAYEMI: 12:07pm On May 23, 2016
NigeriaB:

Dont Think about this 140k job. They only considered you cux dey had no choice. So what happens if tomorrow they find a more cheaper choice than you? So better go back to Med as long as you have someone to back you financially! Just dont think of it! This is once in a life time opport...

1 Like

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by rolams(m): 5:02am On May 24, 2016
If possibly u can manage the two I will advise u not to forgo ur teaching job. But if not, take your medical school as your priority.

1 Like

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Flyer20: 8:44am On May 24, 2016
Pls, if you don't mind, give me the link to apply for the 50-60k job..In this present economy, to forgo 140k to pursue a medical career kiss its your dream anyway. Wish you best of luck with your decision, just pm with a link to apply for any of the jobs, wil greatly appreciate.Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by oshdam2015: 10:52am On May 24, 2016
Just hold on to your dream. Surely, you will not regret it in the long run.

1 Like

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 10:52am On May 24, 2016
Flyer20:
Pls, if you don't mind, give me the link to apply for the 50-60k job..In this present economy, to forgo 140k to pursue a medical career kiss its your dream anyway. Wish you best of luck with your decision, just pm with a link to apply for any of the jobs, wil greatly appreciate.Thanks

tanks!!

but where is ur location ?
what is ur qualification?
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 10:53am On May 24, 2016
oshdam2015:
Just hold on to your dream. Surely, you will not regret it in the long run.

tank u so much broda, I really appreciate..
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 10:58am On May 24, 2016
rolams:
If possibly u can manage the two I will advise u not to forgo ur teaching job. But if not, take your medical school as your priority.

tank u dr.
but combining the two cannot work out cos the job and the university differ in location. moreover, the job has to be full time and it's quite demanding...u have to always meet up with targets, job dat requires u to task ur brain at all times...they believe so.much in innovations..

1 Like

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Flyer20: 11:10am On May 24, 2016
NigeriaB:

tanks!!

but where is ur location ?
what is ur qualification?

I'm in Lagos, B.Tech in Agricultural sciences, 2:1. Got teaching experience...
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by NigeriaB(m): 1:09pm On May 24, 2016
OMOBABAYEMI:

Dont Think about this 140k job. They only considered you cux dey had no choice. So what happens if tomorrow they find a more cheaper choice than you? So better go back to Med as long as you have someone to back you financially! Just dont think of it! This is once in a life time opport...

thank u so much sweet heart!! am encouraged!
Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by slizylindy: 4:30pm On May 24, 2016
Op, 140k might look big today but wat is its worth tomorrow?
I know someone dat did zoology in Unilag, graduated and got a job with a FG company, infact he also got promoted but he wasn't fulfilled. He went back to study Pharmacy in UI through DE, d years seemed long but he completed it. Right now he works in a company dat pays double compared to d FG job, with a flexible timing plus a brand new car latest model. This is after he rejected a managerial offer in anoda well known company.

Tell me isn't this tripple fulfillment?

My advice: If u have enuf fund dat can sustain u through Med sch cos it's pretty expensive, den pls go for it. I even wish that u try to get d fund through any legal means possible, or get a part time job if possible.

My 1cent.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nurtured This Dream; But Look At This.... by Querty(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2016
slizylindy:
Op, 140k might look big today but wat is its worth tomorrow?
I know someone dat did zoology in Unilag, graduated and got a job with a FG company, infact he also got promoted but he wasn't fulfilled. He went back to study Pharmacy in UI through DE, d years seemed long but he completed it. Right now he works in a company dat pays double compared to d FG job, with a flexible timing plus a brand new car latest model. This is after he rejected a managerial offer in anoda well known company.

Tell me isn't this tripple fulfillment?

My advice: If u have enuf fund dat can sustain u through Med sch cos it's pretty expensive, den pls go for it. I even wish that u try to get d fund through any legal means possible, or get a part time job if possible.

My 1cent.

I love ur advice bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Excel Corporation / Service Center Agents At Gig Logistics / British Council English Test Invitation!!!!! Help!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.