Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (577575 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ColeworldMD(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
dustmalik:
If you don't want to die of frustration, Don't buy the ntel WAWU sim. Right now, I'm regretting why I bought it. Ntel is very deceptive.

So, basically you are given two sims, one with 1gb data, and another with 10gb. You pay 1K for it all. The one with 1gb has 48hrs validity, after which it self-destructs. The one with 10gb is the one you are to keep.
But what they don't tell you is that, after using 5 out of the 10gb, they start throttling you. You can hardly get up to 100KB/s from then on. But the 1K you pay is actually loaded as airtime for you, so you can subscribe for the 1k/2gb plan, which gives you 12gb instead since the WAWU sim gives 500% bonus on every data plan.

So, after managing to exhaust the 10gb, I decided to use the 1k airtime to subscribe for the 12gb plan, but to my surprise, i've been throttled since yesterday, and it's very frustrating.
I can feel ur frustration, it has happened to me before. I'm still skeptical to try again. How far, have things changed or you're still being throttled?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
ColeworldMD:
I can feel ur frustration, it has happened to me before. I'm still skeptical to try again. How far, have things changed or you're still being throttled?

I have bought 3 Wawu and none has ever been throttled.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by franzis(m): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
spectranet is the best right now 10k for 25gb, sometimes the give double bonus on the 25gb which is 50gb , free night browsing 1am - 7am
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
franzis:
spectranet is the best right now 10k for 25gb, sometimes the give double bonus on the 25gb which is 50gb , free night browsing 1am - 7am

Swift remains the best ✔️✔️

8K for 20GB

Free night Browsing 11pm to 6am

Can't get any better than that cool
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
franzis:
Do they still throttle the night plan (when your subscription is almost over) ?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jamih: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
ColeworldMD:

As of now still enjoying Intel 10G , no throttling
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
When was the last time anytime here activated a plan on Ntel successfully?

I suspect that company is in the verge of going under. They've closed all their customer care mediums.

Most outlets are skeletal service or shut.

I've had to enable ping in the background permanently to stop the connection from timing out all the time. Ugh
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by adamix(m): 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
4llerbuntu:

I suspect that company is in the verge of going under. They've closed all their customer care mediums.

I've had to enable ping in the background permanently to stop the connection from timing out all the time. Ugh
Did few days ago
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
4llerbuntu:

Resubscribed on my wawu sim on friday, though i had money in the account already. But network has be crappy sha
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 7:34am On Jul 30, 2018
toluxa1:

shocked shocked shocked Only you with 3 WAWU sims. Na una send ntel to early grave

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 9:21am On Jul 30, 2018
ollah2:

shocked shocked shocked Only you with 3 WAWU sims. Na una send ntel to early grave

As dem dey give me 23GB for N1000 nko cheesy
No longer buying sha. Just doing the N3000 plan now and I get close to 50GB. Gets exhausted in about 2 weeks sha.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2018
toluxa1:

As dem dey give me 23GB for N1000 nko cheesy
No longer buying sha. Just doing the N3000 plan now and I get close to 50GB. Gets exhausted in about 2 weeks sha.

The monthly unlimited is a kinda waste then and I've being doing it from the get go. Greenhulk, can you see this
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2018
ollah2:

The monthly unlimited is a kinda waste then and I've being doing it from the get go. Greenhulk, can you see this

Total waste. I can't be spending 17,500 on NTEL monthly. I use the WAWU exact same way I will use the unlimited and spend about 6000 monthly.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2018
toluxa1:

Total waste. I can't be spending 17,500 on NTEL monthly. I use the WAWU exact same way I will use the unlimited and spend about 6000 monthly.

This is probably gonna be the last 17500 I will be subbing. Btw, would I just purchase the WAWU sim and sun 6000? Or how to you go about it?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 11:10am On Jul 30, 2018
ollah2:

This is probably gonna be the last 17500 I will be subbing. Btw, would I just purchase the WAWU sim and sun 6000? Or how to you go about it?

There are different "data only" plans and I do that of N3000 for 48GB, twice a month. You can decide to subscribe for any but I discovered the 3k own has more value.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2018
toluxa1:

There are different "data only" plans and I do that of N3000 for 48GB, twice a month. You can decide to subscribe for any but I discovered the 3k own has more value.
Does the wawu plans still do those intermittent stops when downloading? Because that's why I prefer the unlimited plans.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ColeworldMD(m): 11:34am On Jul 30, 2018
toluxa1:

lucky u sha, axis?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2018
dustmalik:

Does the wawu plans still do those intermittent stops when downloading? Because that's why I prefer the unlimited plans.

No, I don't experience such anymore.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2018
ColeworldMD:
lucky u sha, axis?

Abuja.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 30, 2018
ollah2:

Wow, I'm seeing it oh. I think this is what I'll do. I was supposed to get a new sim last week but their Ikeja office looked dead, no staff, no network, no electricity.. just customers that came to complain. They couldn't sell sim because they don't have network to access customer's data. I just jejely went to sub my Spectranet, I paid 12,500 for 40gb, I got 40gb bonus, plus 10gb that I cannot even explain (maybe rollover), so in total I got 90gb plus free unlimited night browsing from 1-7am. This is more than enough for me for the month while I try and get a wawu sim and leave it until they activate it.

OH and those mumu Ntel decided to finally activate my 1 week bundle on Thursday (exactly 10 days after paying) and guess what, I was out of Lagos then. Came back on Friday and on Saturday I decided to try out the mumu thing and it worked. I've wasted 2 days now from the 7 days and they didn't even deem it fit to give me any bonus.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 11:46am On Jul 30, 2018
ColeworldMD:
Sorry, just seeing this now. I now use the weekly unlimited and it's capped at 5Mbps, so I don't know how the wawu plans are these days.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2018
Trying to sub weekly plan on a regular Sim, thus far, it's faili6 at quickteller

500 naira night plan is also not going at all.

I should seriously consider Swift at this point. It's just the steep cost (considering that I have other networks to jump on without paying so much for starters) of joining the network that's putting me off
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2018
greenhulk:

Wow, I'm seeing it oh. I think this is what I'll do. I was supposed to get a new sim last week but their Ikeja office looked dead, no staff, no network, no electricity.. just customers that came to complain. They couldn't sell sim because they don't have network to access customer's data. I just jejely went to sub my Spectranet, I paid 12,500 for 40gb, I got 40gb bonus, plus 10gb that I cannot even explain (maybe rollover), so in total I got 90gb plus free unlimited night browsing from 1-7am. This is more than enough for me for the month while I try and get a wawu sim and leave it until they activate it.

OH and those mumu Ntel decided to finally activate my 1 week bundle on Thursday (exactly 10 days after paying) and guess what, I was out of Lagos then. Came back on Friday and on Saturday I decided to try out the mumu thing and it worked. I've wasted 2 days now from the 7 days and they didn't even deem it fit to give me any bonus.

I'm going though that route, I can't come and kill myself. Spectranet haveost customers to ntel, smile et al so they needed to sway people hence the extra 40gb and the 10gb is because you are am old customer(I'm guessing though).

Welcome back to ntel, lol. They aren't nice to the extent of giving bonuses, if you like make network disappear for as long as possible. You will he disconnected on the die date. I'm gonna buy the wawu before the week runs out
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
4llerbuntu:
Trying to sub weekly plan on a regular Sim, thus far, it's faili6 at quickteller

500 naira night plan is also not going at all.

I should seriously consider Swift at this point. It's just the steep cost (considering that I have other networks to jump on without paying so much for starters) of joining the network that's putting me off

Honestly swift would have being the way but 8k only for sim then others follows with more payment. Not everybody has the time for unlimited night plan. Btw, you can check out spectranet or smile
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
toluxa1:

Aite great. I'm purchasing this sim before the week runs out
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:57am On Jul 31, 2018
Without a shadow of doubt, this Unlimited Weekly plan is throttled.

Finally got activated at 1 AM. Tried to activate for more than 24hrs.

133KBps on my speed meter.

The wawu Sim is getting 1.5Mbps. and above.

Should have just done wawuu plan with the 3k. Needed to do some downloads and would have been better off with the 48Gb sef that I could quickly account for instead of this nonsense that will take all year to get 1 file.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ColeworldMD(m): 9:35am On Jul 31, 2018
dustmalik:

Sorry, just seeing this now. I now use the weekly unlimited and it's capped at 5Mbps, so I don't know how the wawu plans are these days.
yeah I figured, the normal subs are unthrottled, while they use promos to scheme unsuspecting customers. How much?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
ColeworldMD:
yeah I figured, the normal subs are unthrottled, while they use promos to scheme unsuspecting customers. How much?
N3,750 for the weekly unlimited

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by luvlyoracle(m): 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
Pls who knows if ntel wawu is still available or has been discontinued?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by adamix(m): 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2018
ColeworldMD:
I use wawu and i get good speed....at night its 1.5-2MB/s to download
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ColeworldMD(m): 12:09am On Aug 01, 2018
adamix:

I use wawu and i get good speed....at night its 1.5-2MB/s to download
that's 3G speed at best. At night I get 5-6MB/s on MTN!

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by adamix(m): 7:28am On Aug 01, 2018
ColeworldMD:
that's 3G speed at best. At night I get 5-6MB/s on MTN!
If mtn will give me 48gb for 3k, no problem

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.