Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (580524 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tioluwalasee(m): 9:53am On May 16, 2021
Floyd45:
Hi guys,
Which ISP works best in Abuja?
I don't think Tizeti or FibreOne is available in Abuja.
Try Legend. @explorelegend on Twitter
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Bigsteveg(m): 11:38am On May 18, 2021
SolomonGrundy:
Finally got d hynetflex router today smiley

Which data plan do you normally go for? What can you say about the experience.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Bigsteveg(m): 11:40am On May 18, 2021
nani667:

Sadly that is untrue, Their highest Cap is 550GB, and to get that you will have to be willing to pay ₦60,000 per month

Those plans na Gbese

Unless one is not a heavy user, jus casually steer Clear..

The 20k (130G) should be enough for a residential plan, just Netflix, YouTube and Instagram. Or what do you think
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Bigsteveg(m): 11:40am On May 18, 2021
toluxa1:

Maybe. I'm using Hynet Flex

How fast is the network, what's the average Mbps you've gotten so far, also which package do you normally subscribe for?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SolomonGrundy: 3:52pm On May 18, 2021
Bigsteveg:

Which data plan do you normally go for? What can you say about the experience.
I normally do 10gb sub. I've really enjoyed it. It's very fast. The only down side is the battery, it does not last.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Bigsteveg(m): 8:36am On May 19, 2021
SolomonGrundy:
I normally do 10gb sub. I've really enjoyed it. It's very fast. The only down side is the battery, it does not last.

With constant use of Netflix, YouTube how many days can 10G take you
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SolomonGrundy: 1:56pm On May 19, 2021
Bigsteveg:

With constant use of Netflix, YouTube how many days can 10G take you
I don't use it for streaming, so can't say in that respect.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Bigsteveg(m): 5:48pm On May 20, 2021
Hi guys, has anyone heard of Ip-Express, it's an isp company located in Magodo here in Lagos. They offer unlimited plans also.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alienwarfare: 1:44pm On May 22, 2021
Has anyone tried Swift new fixed wireless service? Is it worth it?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alienwarfare: 8:27pm On May 25, 2021
Psychodavidovic:
For anyone who cares to know, Swift Unlimited is not unlimited (Talking about the 25k plan which was formerly 19k then 24k before 25k)

On the website it says there is no data cap and the only cap is the speed which supposedly 4MB/s but to get even 1MB/s is impossible. All i see is 510Kbps at best. It used to be better than this but suddenly went bad. I am convinced there is a FUP in place but as it was not stated on the swift website, I can't help but imagine what theirs is. I haven't even used up to 200GB in total for the month so it is definitely below that.

The reason why i say it has an undisclosed FUP and has nothing to do with coverage area is because of two reasons. One is that fact that i didn't find it difficult getting 3MB/s while i was on the plan that had unlimited only at night (This speed was 3MB/s both during the day when i was using the bundle and during the night when the unlimited kicks in).

Second reason is that fact that one of swift's engineer just left my house after coming to "fix" the issue. In fixing the issue, he removed his SIM which has an active subscription (not unlimited) from him router to mine and it worked well, even reaching 6MB/s from the same exact place i kept my own router. He did the same with my SIM and the result was exactly what i had feared - capped on both my router and his, from the exact same location he just tested his and got 6MB/s.

Why all these shalaye? To help you know how it is before spending that 25k in search of true unlimited.

I have used up to 1tb in a month before with the 25k unlimited plan so I don't think they is a data cap.

The issue is speed. Whenever I used speed test it shows over 4mbps BUT my download on IDM and torrent can never pass 500kbps which is very annoying I've even reach out to there support they sent someone but the person didn't do shit.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:39pm On May 25, 2021
Alienwarfare:

I have used up to 1tb in a month before with the 25k unlimited plan so I don't think they is a data cap.

The issue is speed. Whenever I used speed test it shows over 4mbps BUT my download on IDM and torrent can never pass 500kbps which is very annoying I've even reach out to there support they sent someone but the person didn't do shit.

Exactly you can do up to 1TB with time..

4mbps translate to 500KBps now around 5mbps or 550KBps..
For me it gets the job done with time and very good for YouTube or Netflix
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 10:54pm On May 25, 2021
Alienwarfare:

they're just finding a way to avoid overloading their infrastructure. You can try out the swift club plus plan
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alienwarfare: 1:42pm On May 26, 2021
Dam5reey:

Exactly you can do up to 1TB with time..

4mbps translate to 500KBps now around 5mbps or 550KBps..
For me it gets the job done with time and very good for YouTube or Netflix

Do you plan on going with there fixed wireless option?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alienwarfare: 1:55pm On May 26, 2021
purplekayc:
they're just finding a way to avoid overloading their infrastructure. You can try out the swift club plus plan

Is that the plan you are using? How is the speed when downloading?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 2:21pm On May 26, 2021
Alienwarfare:

Do you plan on going with there fixed wireless option?

Yes, I believe it will be more stable as the mentioned in their Email listing.. and cheaper @19k instead of 25k but not mobile I don't take it out either.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 7:30am On May 27, 2021
Alienwarfare:

Is that the plan you are using? How is the speed when downloading?
am about to start it. I used the one month sub the last time and I never got up to 1mb/sec
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by walcolm(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2021
Alienwarfare:

Why the f are you still using Swift? Why not buy an unlocked router that takes a sim card and subscribe to large data packs from the GSM network with the best coverage for your area?

First, It gives you freedom should you decide to relocate from one area to another and the coverage strength changes

Secondly, you can share the same data package with your mobile devices when you go about your regular day...the big GSM guys now allow data sharing between multiple lines
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alienwarfare: 12:39pm On May 27, 2021
walcolm:

Why the f are you still using Swift? Why not buy an unlocked router that takes a sim card and subscribe to large data packs from the GSM network with the best coverage for your area?

First, It gives you freedom should you decide to relocate from one area to another and the coverage strength changes

Secondly, you can share the same data package with your mobile devices when you go about your regular day...the big GSM guys now allow data sharing between multiple lines

It will be too expensive. Where else can I get 1tb for 25k and the sim is already in an unlocked mobile router.

I'm just waiting for fiberone to come to my area. Their plan looks very good.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Psychodavidovic(m): 1:00pm On May 28, 2021
Alienwarfare:

Turns out 4mbps is actually 500kbps. They are just using the 4mbps to get people to subscribe for it.

They also sent someone to me who didn't do anything as well.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Psychodavidovic(m): 1:05pm On May 28, 2021
walcolm:

No other ISP in this country has a truly unlimited plan with nearly the same coverage as swift. None.

The speed is slow quite alright but the peace of mind in doing just one monthly sub in that month is something else - regardless of how much data you use, it still lasts you 30days.

Other ISP like MTN, Airtel etc might give you 500GB for 25K which looks like a lot, but if you're a heavy user, you might actually end up use that in just 2 weeks and have to do yet another sub.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by hancock(m): 2:46pm On May 28, 2021
is anybody in this group considering spaceX starlink when they launch end of year in Nigeria as they promised?
I have already booked the $99 deposit on their website starlink.com
fingers crossed.....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alienwarfare: 3:22pm On May 28, 2021
hancock:
is anybody in this group considering spaceX starlink when they launch end of year in Nigeria as they promised?
fingers crossed.....

Immediately I heard about it I no even think twice.
Maybe it will finally put Nigeria ISPs on their toes.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alienwarfare: 3:24pm On May 28, 2021
I found this on swift IG page but their support can't tell me anything about it.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by walcolm(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2021
hancock:
fingers crossed.....

dont you guys think it is too expensive? with the value of the naira depreciating at the drop of every hat and the upfront outlay of $500 and annual cost of $1200....as much as i love everything Tesla, this seems too expensive
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by walcolm(m): 8:28pm On May 28, 2021
Alienwarfare:

It will be too expensive. Where else can I get 1tb for 25k and the sim is already in an unlocked mobile router.

I'm just waiting for fiberone to come to my area. Their plan looks very good.

what's the point of having 1tb that you can't use up in 30days because of the slow speed? i agree with you the price point is very competitive but if i cant get more than 500kbps, i will be permanently pissed

oh btw, i have used swift in the past and i had to switch from them because of the exact same problem we are discussing here. if 3 - 4yrs ago i moved because of the slow speed of their network and in 2021, the same issue is still existing on their network, the data cap is not enough attraction
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Psychodavidovic(m): 3:26pm On May 29, 2021
hancock:
fingers crossed.....

I was thinking about this but i have just one issue. The router from the YouTube video seems to only work with direct power - no light and it's not going to work.

I hope the one for the Nigerian market comes with like a small power bank or something.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alienwarfare: 1:41pm On May 31, 2021
Is tizeti better than swift nowadays?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by walcolm(m): 11:03pm On May 31, 2021
Psychodavidovic:

I was thinking about this but i have just one issue. The router from the YouTube video seems to only work with direct power - no light and it's not going to work.

I hope the one for the Nigerian market comes with like a small power bank or something.

A power bank cannot supply the amount of power required by the system...you have to have either solar or generator supply when phcn strikes
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Psychodavidovic(m): 5:26am On Jun 01, 2021
walcolm:

A power bank cannot supply the amount of power required by the system...you have to have either solar or generator supply when phcn strikes

Wahala. With the electricity situation in this country, if that is the case, I won't be buying it then. cry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by WhileTrue: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2021
Psychodavidovic:

Wahala. With the electricity situation in this country, if that is the case, I won't be buying it then. cry

Better get an inverter. anyone that does not have an inverter now is just wasting money on fuel for gen

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by WhileTrue: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2021
Anyone use them africa. konnect. com/en before?
They offer satellite internet just like SpaceX Starlink

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.