Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (579085 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
IchoosePeace:
I recently moved to agric and I need to get a WiFi. Can anyone recommend one with unlimited internet subscription please �?

Chat this people

http://ewwms.com/services/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:02am On Jul 31, 2022
georgee:

Chat this people

http://ewwms.com/services/

Please, do you have idea of any subscriber option a school can use? Located in Papa Ashafa

Something I can set a limit on, make then no use an download movies finish
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Parachoko: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, do you have idea of any subscriber option a school can use? Located in Papa Ashafa

Something I can set a limit on, make then no use an download movies finish
Find out if Tizeti is in your location and if the network is good, I will advise you to go for it.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by retiredGamer: 7:57am On Aug 02, 2022
is anyone here using NGCOM - https://ngcomnetworks.com

Any idea how good their service is? I met someone using it lately (Home Fiber Wired) and he said they're good. But I wouldn't mind hearing more opinions about their quality of service. Customer support, speed, and uptime reliability.

My location is at Lekki, Orchid Road.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. one being NgCom (score: 3.3) and the other FiberOne (score: 3.2). Reviews on google for both services aren't very encouraging.

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2022
emeraldlife:

I heard u can bypass speed throttling limit.

It's not longer possible. Enjoyed it while it lasted. We moveee
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by QuoteJustOnce: 2:13am On Aug 03, 2022
retiredGamer:
is anyone here using NGCOM - https://ngcomnetworks.com

Any idea how good their service is? I met someone using it lately (Home Fiber Wired) and he said they're good. But I wouldn't mind hearing more opinions about their quality of service. Customer support, speed, and uptime reliability.

My location is at Lekki, Orchid Road.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. one being NgCom (score: 3.3) and the other FiberOne (score: 3.2). Reviews on google for both services aren't very encouraging.

Been a customer for almost 4 years now, from radio (12Mbps) to fibre (45Mbps) as my paid plans
Downtime on radio will drive you insane. sometimes as much as 3 days at a stretch.
But fibre is pretty stable with downtimes happening like 2/30days but not at a stretch unlike radio, 1hr here, 30mins there etc
But there's no month that it was 100% uptime, there would always been an unplanned downtime for at least some hours.
But good thing, they refund downtime as credit for extra days.

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by QuoteJustOnce: 2:18am On Aug 03, 2022
p.s.: your speed is best effort basis, so on 45Mbps you will only get around 35 and since it's shared
dont even use it for heavy downloading, cos while downloading, the speed will dip to around 128Kbps for like a minute
pick up to near maximum for like 3 mins and then dip again and the cycle continues. I hated that sh!t and complained alot. Nothing was done to fix it. So something that should take 1hr will take 1h 30mins because of these dips.
But for streaming et al, it's king.
So I added SWIFTNG to the mix as swift maintains the speed during downloads, no dips

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by retiredGamer: 6:33am On Aug 03, 2022
@QuoteJustOnce: Thanks for your response, Looks like they maybe decent enough to at least try.
I was using Swift Wttx Radio, It was very good at my previous location. I got a constant speeds and barely any significant downtime, problem was that it was expensive with a monthly sub of almost 60K for just 30mbps. I actually had no issues with it except the high cost
and the fact you couldn't upgrade to say 50mbps. The cap is actually 25mbps. But I got a small exception.

What makes NGcom and FiberOne attractive (and fiber in general) is that they can give you 100mbps at affordable prices. but Air Fiber/Radio the limit is usually 20 - 30Mbps at higher monthly rates.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by QuoteJustOnce: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
retiredGamer:
...but Air Fiber/Radio the limit is usually 20 - 30Mbps at higher monthly rates.

with less reliability especially in bad weather conditions.
I'm just patiently waiting for StarLink

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by hancock(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2022
Heard starlink is starting operations in Nigeria this August and the price for the kit will be $99 as against $599 being sold in other countries

https://www.capacitymedia.com/article/2af13w9ghve2m7ajx5728/news/starlink-cuts-price-of-start-up-kit-for-nigerians-to-99

Hopefully this news is true.
Funnily I cancelled my deposit in May 2021 after one year of payment without any concrete news.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:31am On Aug 10, 2022
Parachoko:
Find out if Tizeti is in your location and if the network is good, I will advise you to go for it.

Pardon my enquiry, please how does this compare to the ones provided by, say MTN, Airtel and co?

Also, does the network depend on light, because the area does not have constant light? (I know there are some services that go off once there's no light hence the need to run gen constantly)
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Parachoko: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Pardon my enquiry, please how does this compare to the ones provided by, say MTN, Airtel and co?

Also, does the network depend on light, because the area does not have constant light? (I know there are some services that go off once there's no light hence the need to run gen constantly)
I've never use Tizeti, but I have talk to people who have use it, if is located in your area, the only reason I will advise you to choose it over MTN and Airtel is because they offer unlimited data unlike MTN and Airtel. The network does not depend on light.

Before you get it, you need to first make an enquiry to know if it will work in your location.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2022
Parachoko:
I've never use Tizeti, but I have talk to people who have use it, if is located in your area, the only reason I will advise you to choose it over MTN and Airtel is because they offer unlimited data unlike MTN and Airtel. The network does not depend on light.

Before you get it, you need to first make an enquiry to know if it will work in your location.

Thanks for your reply.

I contacted them today. They said they have excellent coverage in my area, but setup cost is #47,000... Although they also stated that it's unlimited at the rate of #12,500 per month

I think I love the fact it's unlimited as you rightly stated. Na that setup cost too much
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2022
Run away from Tizeti
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2022
georgee:
Run away from Tizeti

FOB gbemi debe

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BrickDevo: 8:56pm On Aug 11, 2022
YeyeGbami:

FOB gbemi debe
Damn! shocked
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Emily22(m): 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2022
YeyeGbami:

FOB gbemi debe

Bro. Which ISP is this?

If I am right, this is download speed of 60megabyte per second
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 11:26pm On Aug 11, 2022
YeyeGbami:

FOB gbemi debe
Wooooow shocked
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ispoa(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2022
is FOB FibreOne; Wow; Thats very very good
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ispoa(m): 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2022
Samuel2255:

You don pass your FUP na …

They’ve throttled your speed , put back the hynetflex sim and sell as whole if you don’t want again .

This is same hynetflex I use below

Hello; im in Magodo Phase One and my hynetflex barely passes 4Mbps.
I really think theres a problem.
Im currently on the 75GB Monthly Plan ;
I was previously on the 40GB Monthly Plan
Even the bonus plan that came with teh router also had crap speed.

I can barely stream games with the network.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CavendishPlex: 9:41am On Aug 14, 2022
Mind sharing the speed test app used here? Thanks

YeyeGbami:

FOB gbemi debe
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 10:11am On Aug 14, 2022
Emily22:

Bro. Which ISP is this?

If I am right, this is download speed of 60megabyte per second

Fiberone
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 10:16am On Aug 14, 2022
CavendishPlex:

Mind sharing the speed test app used here? Thanks

Inbuilt test app for asuswrt-Merlin powered by Ookla speedtest

Asuswrt-Merlin is a third party alternative firmware for Asus routers.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CavendishPlex: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2022
Thanks for the feedback. You're definitely balling with that download speed you have on FOB.

YeyeGbami:

Inbuilt test app for asuswrt-Merlin powered by Ookla speedtest

Asuswrt-Merlin is a third party alternative firmware for Asus routers.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
CavendishPlex:

Thanks for the feedback. You're definitely balling with that download speed you have on FOB.

You can say that again, coming from NTEL frustrations and all. 4K streaming anyday on yt and kodi.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Fiberone

What is the average download speed when downloading files using IDM or any other downloading software as i know its not 60mbps...

EDIT: Does anyone have experience using WIFI Extenders?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
cris83:

What is the average download speed when downloading files using IDM or any other downloading software as i know its not 60mbps...

I currently subscribed to http://ewwms.com/

They placed their router and one WiFi extender inside my room and the other extender in my living room downstairs... Not sure I'm enjoying it cos u av to restart the router wen signal is lost. My phone can connect to WiFi wen am upstairs but not wen am downstairs.. Wen everything is on.. Speed download is massive

Summarily, I am frustrated with the whole arrangement
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
cris83:

If connected directly to their modem, you should be averaging 60/65. If other users are connected the average speed will drop. Most times i get exactly the max speed of my plan which is 65.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CavendishPlex: 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
YeyeGbami:

You can say that again, coming from NTEL frustrations and all. 4K streaming anyday on yt and kodi.

Ehnnn! Ntel ke? Please don't mention that useless network. I wonder why people continue to patronise them and remain in such an abusive relationship all in the name of some faux unlimited data plans.

I saw the light in April 2016 when I hooked up to FOB and it's been bliss ever since. Once you go truly unlimited, you'd hate data caps and FUP.

*Edit* I'm on the 43Mbps plan though since my people at home weren't allowing me enjoy my Live IPTV streaming buffer-free on the FOB base plan.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
CavendishPlex:

Ehnnn! Ntel ke? Please don't mention that useless network. I wonder why people continue to patronise them and remain in such an abusive relationship all in the name of some faux unlimited data plans.

I saw the light in April 2016 when I hooked up to FOB and it's been bliss ever since. Once you go truly unlimited, you'd hate data caps and FUP.

Chaii you don dey flex since o.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CavendishPlex: 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Chaii you don dey flex since o.

The thought of dashing Dstv my hard earned Naira just for some expensive plans to accommodate football viewing was the motivating factor for the switch. Whatever the streaming entertainment is, I got it!

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CavendishPlex: 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
georgee:

I currently subscribed to http://ewwms.com/

They placed their router and one WiFi extender inside my room and the other extender in my living room downstairs... Not sure I'm enjoying it cos u av to restart the router wen signal is lost. My phone can connect to WiFi wen am upstairs but not wen am downstairs.. Wen everything is on.. Speed download is massive

Summarily, I am frustrated with the whole arrangement

Why not call them to rearrange the setup and see if it'd make a difference? I don't understand why your phone wouldn't connect to WiFi when you're downstairs. It's obvious something is fundamentally wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.