Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,270 members, 7,826,040 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (581506 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by warrenweste(m): 3:06pm On May 25, 2022
toptaste:

The reach is currently very restricted. https://www.mtnonline.com/broadband-service-agreement-form/

please is it possible to use my hynetflex sim with subscription in my other mtn router?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by joenor(m): 6:04pm On May 26, 2022
My question is what am I downloading that will result in that huge amount of Data?
Stanley08:
For those who don't know Ntel, it's a telecommunications company that provides 4G LTE-A Internet at 'arguably' affordable rates. I guess the idea of this thread is to focus on the 'arguably'.

-They are currently only active in Abuja but Lagos and PH are very close, according to their customer care, lagos is only a few days away-

I did some simulations and calculations of how much you how much data you can pull using Ntel.
Realistically and Mathematically. Keeping in mind that you'll use Ntel for purely downloading purposes. I really don't think you need to consider Ntel if you don't do alot of downloading or huge data demanding activities online anyways. As the Reception can't backshift to 3G or 2G. U are also going to need a 4G capable device be it a phone or 4G USB/MiFi modem.

Let me also add by saying, i am in NO WAY affiliated to Ntel. I'm neither a staff nor any marketer of any form, I'm just an I.T Guy and a 'Concerned Citizen' lol.

Read below and tell me what you think.

Realistically:
Let's say the reception where u stay and/or work isn't so good, you still get around 5MB/s give or take. At the rate, u are doing 300MB/min and then 18GB/hr. Since we are being realistic, considering network fluctuations and what not. Realistically, we'll say you are doing 15GB/hr.

And Realistically, you get to download 12 hrs in a day. Let's take work days for example when u go to work and u leave ur downloads to run in the background of ur computer while u work, even when u go for lunch break, it's still on ur table, in the office downloading. So 8am to 5pm. 9hrs.
U get home at 7pm and continue. 3 more hours. 10pm u are tired u want to turn off ur computer and sleep (Realistically). That's our 12hr mark.

15GB x 12 = 180GB (1 day)
In 3 days = 180 x 3 = 540GB.
In 7 days = 180 x 7 = 1260GB.
In 1 month = 180 x 30 = 5400GB.

Let's just approximate it and chalk it down to uncertainty or other factors

Realistically...
500GB for 3 days.
1.2TB in 1 week.
5TB in 1 month.

Mathematically:
You download for 24hrs a day and your network is perfect so steady 10MB/s. Let's assume it's a weekend or u on leave or you are jobless (lol). There's sha nothing stopping you from taking it personal because you want to must use it to the maximum. That and we being mathematical smiley You leave ur downloads to run even while you asleep lol (i know I've done it many times - IDM scheduler FTW!)
Which means u get 600MB/min and 36GB/hr
For a day, mathematically and without factors
36GB x 24 = 864GB/day
In 3 days = 864GB x 3 = 2.6 TB
In 7 days = 864GB x 7 = 6.05TB
In 1 month = 864GB x 30 = 25.9TB

So... Even taking the mathematical scenario and mixing some real life factors like nepa and i don't know.. Anything else... I'll approximate also just less aggressively.

Mathematically...
2.5TB in 3 days.
6TB in 1 week.
25TB in 1 month.

So at least for the first 3 months when u get TRULY UNLIMITED and no fair usage to hold you back.

1K2 for 3 days
3K for 1 week
10K for 1 month

Considering what you can 'possibly' gain...
Is it expensive?

- Share if you think my calculations and simulations are Genius. smiley cool
- Like if you think I'm Crazy! tongue

If you feel it's both, i think we are on the same side anyways. Loool. cheesy

cc: honsule, toluxa1
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 10:33am On May 28, 2022
Fiberone gbe mi trabaye. At last i don dey get value for my money. This na MB/s not Mbps o.

Ntel the most useless network in the country.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 11:06am On May 28, 2022
Mtn speed in Awka, Anambra state: Mbps and MB

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 11:18pm On May 28, 2022
passendi:

Na unlimited
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CypressHill2020: 12:46am On May 29, 2022
passendi:

Awesome! Enjoy it to the fullest.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 2:56am On May 30, 2022
joenor:
My question is what am I downloading that will result in that huge amount of Data?

My answer is, everything isn't for everyone

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Moneyboyz: 8:10am On May 30, 2022
Stanley08:
@TDonald Ntel download speeds. And i can assure you 100% it wasn't tested on Mars.

Funny, this is measured in megabits, that's just 7mb per second.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Moneyboyz: 8:12am On May 30, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Fiberone gbe mi trabaye. At last i don dey get value for my money. This na MB/s not Mbps o.

How to get this and are they in Ogun state?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iamoyindamola(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Ntel is very useless we use that shitty network in my office opposite there useless office and this thing no go
I was presenting last week and network went off e pain me die

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ObosiLandlord(m): 12:43pm On May 30, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Ntel is very useless we use that shitty network in my office opposite there useless office and this thing no go
NTEL is pure rubbish.

Is a waste of money
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ObosiLandlord(m): 12:44pm On May 30, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Is it unlimited?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 1:41pm On May 30, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Is it unlimited?

Yeske
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 1:43pm On May 30, 2022
Moneyboyz:

How to get this and are they in Ogun state?

I doubt ogun state o. check their webpage
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 1:44pm On May 30, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Ntel keh, oloribu network. my last subscription just waste.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by joenor(m): 9:18am On May 31, 2022
Noted with no thanks
Stanley08:

My answer is, everything isn't for everyone
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by seankafor(m): 10:35am On May 31, 2022
Who is excited about starlink

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 11:20am On May 31, 2022
seankafor:
I. Hope it's as fast and unlimited as they say it would be
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Samuel2255: 12:20pm On May 31, 2022
retiredGamer:
Is it possible to sell an MTN Hynet Router? Cause if not. I'm throwing it away.

It's almost brand spanking new, I'll retain the sim but the router's gotta go. Useless network.

I'm on 400kbps after paying for the unlimited subscription, can't even browse with it.

If you're interested please let me know. At Lekki Phase 2.
If you retain the sim

What the essence of selling it to another user , coz the hynetflex sim is the koko that differentiate your hynet from regular normal MTN sim/phone…

Meaning , if you put your regular MTN sim inside hynetflex router , it same as just browsing on your phone

Basically , the router is completely worthless without that hynetflex “dedicated sim”

4 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Samuel2255: 12:22pm On May 31, 2022
retiredGamer:

It's almost brand spanking new, I'll retain the sim but the router's gotta go. Useless network.

I'm on 400kbps after paying for the unlimited subscription, can't even browse with it.

You don pass your FUP na …

They’ve throttled your speed , put back the hynetflex sim and sell as whole if you don’t want again .

This is same hynetflex I use below

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ObosiLandlord(m): 1:00pm On May 31, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Yeske
Is there FUP for the unlimited? No vex say my question too much
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by YeyeGbami: 1:33pm On May 31, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Is there FUP for the unlimited? No vex say my question too much

No boss.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by luckize: 3:00pm On May 31, 2022
retiredGamer:

I need the router. Let’s deal
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by retiredGamer: 9:13am On Jun 01, 2022
Samuel2255:

If you retain the sim

What the essence of selling it to another user , coz the hynetflex sim is the koko that differentiate your hynet from regular normal MTN sim/phone…

Meaning , if you put your regular MTN sim inside hynetflex router , it same as just browsing on your phone

Basically , the router is completely worthless without that hynetflex “dedicated sim”

I didn't know that, interesting. But I have my personal details linked to the sim, NIN and all that.

oh well.

I'm talking with FiberOne, I've heard a lot of bad about them from a customer service perspective. But at this point I think these guys require patience to deal with. Cause the speeds I'm seeing are insane.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by retiredGamer: 9:20am On Jun 01, 2022
luckize:

I need the router. Let’s deal

Sure, Contacts!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by luckize: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by luckize: 2:44pm On Jun 01, 2022

retiredGamer:

Sure, Contacts!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Tuvic007(m): 1:21am On Jun 05, 2022
seankafor:
The setup and subsequent subscription cost is going to be a huge problem. If I am going with the figures I saw in an article
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2022
Tuvic007:
The setup and subsequent subscription cost is going to be a huge problem. If I am going with the figures I saw in an article
Set up is $99(N60K). This is not different from Nigerian ISP setup.

I currently use Teltwine and the current setup is now 80K (A friend of mine called them last week to confirm this)

If the download and Upload speed is mad as contained in the article, then most nigerians currently on naija ISP won't have any issues migrating to StarLink in droves including me

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Tuvic007(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2022
georgee:

Set up is $99(N60K). This is not different from Nigerian ISP setup.

I currently use Teltwine and the current setup is now 80K (A friend of mine called them last week to confirm this)

If the download and Upload speed is mad as contained in the article, then most nigerians currently on naija ISP won't have any issues migrating to StarLink in droves including me
That wasn't what I read online. $99 is the subscription fee, while setup cost is in excess of 300k. Except the article I read was wrong. I'm really hoping it's wrong cuz I'm excited and can't wait for them to launch
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2022
Who has used Hooptelecoms or is currently using it. I want to port, but I need real life testimonials

https://www.hooptelecoms.com/home-package
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SlyCharlie(m): 12:00am On Jun 18, 2022
Please is there an app that can be used to manage Airtel's zlt m30 mifi, apart from its web client manager?
Cos it's manufacturer ain't Huawei or ZTE..
A little help here guuyss

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.