Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,841 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (581612 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
hodonuu:

Please don't quote me if you have nothing meaningful to say

You're too assuming at every turn, and so quarrelsome... So, you and only you get to define/determine what's meaningful to say? Just carry your wahala go. You're now on my ignore list, just like was done to your other fellow troll. Bye.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by hodonuu: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
duwdu:

You're too assuming at every turn, and so quarrelsome... So, you and only you get to define/determine what's meaningful to say? Just carry your wahala go. You're now on my ignore list, just like was done to your other fellow troll. Bye.

P34c3

I think you are clearly frustrated and I also support those who called you a jobless troll
I am quarrelsome because I corrected your inability to comprehend when asked a simple question or saying you shouldn't quote me when you clearly had nothing meaningful to say??
Look at your meaningless posts, if you are not spamming +1, you are praise singing with your spams,. It seems you are a very bored fellow who needs to just troll to feel at ease
Carry your frustrations and bitterness go

You should have ignored me long before boring us with your meaningless spams, I never asked nor sought your opinion
Lol ignore list?? I guess you feed
and pay those that are not on your acclaimed ignore list right?
Bye troll

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
Na wa.. cool
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 11:13am On Jul 20, 2017
ntelassist:
GPS coord...

Not address ooo.

oga plz give me ur email make i give u cordinates
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by sod09(m): 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
ntelassist:
@4llerbuntu, what makes you think say i no be engineer.. you would have to use licensed software (for the router) to do what you want to do. i.e. selecting Band 3 or 8. i'll escalate issue on coverage in L/I and revert back to u for a test.

ur service has been poor in awolowo way ikeja, one of ur annex is opposite us yet they cant rectify the problem
we are software company and depend on internet to work.
we may be force to try other network soon
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Heshei: 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
hodonuu:

I think you are clearly frustrated and I also support those who called you a jobless troll
I am quarrelsome because I corrected your inability to comprehend when asked a simple question or saying you shouldn't quote me when you clearly had nothing meaningful to say??
Look at your meaningless posts, if you are not spamming +1, you are praise singing with your spams,. It seems you are a very bored fellow who needs to just troll to feel at ease
Carry your frustrations and bitterness go

You should have ignored me long before boring us with your meaningless spams, I never asked nor sought your opinion
Lol ignore list?? I guess you feed
and pay those that are not on your acclaimed ignore list right?
Bye troll

Biko, SIR/MA let us have our fun back since your issue has now been solved �.

I know its not easy, but bro learn to soak things a little and stop feeling you have to respond to every comment with counters. Also, lace your comments with little humours if you know its going to be very long sir.

No matter your age SIR/MA, that office you are currently holding on to here is not beffiting for a person of your depth.

I celebrate you.

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Pls send to voxfeedback@ntel.com.ng

purplekayc:
oga plz give me ur email make i give u cordinates
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by solid3(m): 8:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
Heshei:

Biko, SIR/MA let us have our fun back since your issue has now been solved �.

I know its not easy, but bro learn to soak things a little and stop feeling you have to respond to every comment with counters. Also, lace your comments with little humours if you know its going to be very long sir.

No matter your age SIR/MA, that office you are currently holding on to here is not beffiting for a person of your depth.

I celebrate you.

COZA member spotted. wink
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 22, 2017
ntelassist:

your network has been bad all evening in festac - struggling with 200kb/s
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Udezer69(m): 12:09am On Jul 22, 2017
pheesayor:

4llerbuntu, greenhulk saint2ace please I need your opinions as I need to decide before close of work today, thanks.

Udezer69 did you get your ntel? How has the performance been?

Funny enough i ended up not getting it.... i settled for glo's 500naira for 3GB accumulatable grin ANy way the plan died and i switched to BB complete for android ever since on airtel....ive been using night plans for large file downloads like the 250naira for 2GB also on airtel and if i wanna download large games from www.nosteam.ro i pay 1k for 3hours night plan and get up to about 6GB with an internet speed of 700kb/s lowest to 2MB/s highest.... for youtube streaming i use etisalat 400naira for 2hours streaming.... but now im wondering which is better > this new airtel unlimited plan 10, 15 and 20... each one is actually 100GB, 150Gb and 200Gb respectively and Ntel ...which is better?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jamilafilani: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2017
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Where can I get this ntel sim in Abuja
How much?
What do I take along with me while going ?
Etc
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by lovewins: 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Emzyme:
Where can I get this ntel sim in Abuja
How much?
What do I take along with me while going ?
Etc

Garki, just opposite the market.. Go with your 4g device to see if it is compatible
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by soloqy: 2:59am On Jul 23, 2017
Please can I use this Ntel Sim on this Swift 4g Lte Router?

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
soloqy:

No, unless it is unlocked.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by soloqy: 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2017
LordReed:

No, unless it is unlocked.

I actually wanted to know if it can be unlocked to use all networks.

Swift Networks have been a real pain in the butt for a long time now.

It has become so unstable and frustrating.

I dont want to be tied to them or any network that claims 4g lte anymore.

Want to be able to switch sims .
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2017
soloqy:

I actually wanted to know if it can be unlocked to use all networks.

Swift Networks have been a real pain in the butt for a long time now.

It has become so unstable and frustrating.

I dont want to be tied to them or any network that claims 4g lte anymore.

Want to be able to switch sims .

You'll have to check based on the model of the modem. Just Google unlock *model number*. Or better yet ask here and in the main forum if anyone has unlocked it and how they did it.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by malikalhaj: 7:31am On Jul 24, 2017
soloqy:
u can unlock the device but it won't work with Ntel
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:38am On Jul 24, 2017
Is Ntel having issues this morning? Nothing works
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 24, 2017
4llerbuntu:

they are working for me, just fluctuating like mad
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by miki2014: 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
They're definitely having issues. Very slow since Saturday night and Service keeps going off and on this morning. Location; Ajah.
4llerbuntu:
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by soloqy: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
malikalhaj:

u can unlock the device but it won't work with Ntel

Which ones would it work with?

Please which device should i buy that can connect to all networks? (Unlocked)
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bogtrotter: 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
miki2014:
They're definitely having issues. Very slow since Saturday night and Service keeps going off and on this morning. Location; Ajah.

Imagine. I bought Ntel sim last Friday and did 2 days sub and since then I haven't got a single network bar... And I reside at ajah. First, I thought maybe it's the phone I'm using cos I'm using Lenovo vibe p1 which is a lte enabled phone, then I tested it on iPhone 6s and it still the same sh*t.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
did you test with those phones at the point of buying the sim?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by soloqy: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
I saw this on sale on Konga at 18k .

Please is this device locked to NTel network?

I don't want to be locked to any networks though I want to try Ntel

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bogtrotter: 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2017
I didn't. Guess I'm to blame.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
It seems as if my NTEL ZTE MF286 modem is constantly calling home. Even when I am not doing anything on the network, it constantly sends and receives data. I am sure that this is not due to my computers.
On one night, I left it on and switched off wifi access to make sure that no rogue app was using the data. By the next morning, 1GB of data had been used up.

How do I resolve this problem?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 7:34am On Jul 25, 2017
ntelassist:

check your email
Note:don't you have a personal email address I can send to ?
This one is giving a non delivery message.
Reasoned that am not on the organisation's mailing list
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:55am On Jul 25, 2017
Galatians 6:9

dsunmade:
It seems as if my NTEL ZTE MF286 modem is constantly calling home. Even when I am not doing anything on the network, it constantly sends and receives data. I am sure that this is not due to my computers.
On one night, I left it on and switched off wifi access to make sure that no rogue app was using the data. By the next morning, 1GB of data had been used up.

How do I resolve this problem?

i still do not subscribe to the bolded. there isn't anything inside a firmware that 'calls home' on its own, because what will it be calling home with?

under normal circumstances, 'calling home' would be uploading certain files, logs and info from your PC to an external conduit.
so if there's nothing connected at all, what is it homing?

plus the stated volume 1gb is rather extreme. the info that spyware targets are usually very small. keyloggers, password sniffers etc, these will give you kilobyte sized files.....

but then, never say never. stranger things have happened.

problem is: the way to test this type of issue for instance is to put a packet sniffer on your PC network card to log all connections so you can see what is being done. but thats from your PC you see....

if the modem itself is what is doing whatever, i don't know a way to check that, that doesn't require extreme measures like decompiling the firmware or changing it...... ZTE no dey like huawei so probably very difficult

my theory is: the modem is configured to constantly read packet activity and keep connection alive always. so its always using data.
i also think it counts upload pings and download pings the same. i don't think its calling any home.

plus you know some modems have config pages that literally try to go on-line (doesn't make sense, but now i think about it, I've seen that on a ZTE too...) . instead of a local html page that you can use to change settings.

even some huawel modems have huaweionline.com as config page, instead of just 192.168.8.1(or equivalent)

unfortunately, i can't begin to explain how to use wireshark but if you are really curious you can try get wireshark, read up how to use it and sniff your network card when connected to the modem. most of the log you probably won't recognize or understand. it will contain a lot of connections you'd think are suspicious but really aren't cheesy

what are you so bothered about anyway? your dataplan or you have some info you don't want to share with china?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
When I did the data test, I did it using another network sim (not NTEL) and checked data usage via an unconnected mobile app.
I also switched off the wifi antennas and disconnected the Ethernet cable to ensure that the data used was not due to my computer.

I am worried about the modem using up my data plan since the data plan is not unlimited.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.