Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,600 members, 7,851,040 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:35 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (586731 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
I can't even load pages. Location VI.

Crap
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by mikron(m): 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
dustmalik:

I've not been able to get up to 200kb/s since yesterday that I subscribed, even 100kb/s is a problem. I've restarted my mifi several times, just to see if it improves, but it has all been futile.

I was one of the first persons to get an ntel SIM when they started out on April 19, 2016, at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja. I got mine the next day. I remember very well how much I applauded them at the time, given the speed I enjoyed back then. The state of ntel network is now very shameful barely a year later. I'm very disappointed with ntel.
im also a pioneer member because i also got mine in Transcorp Hilton, Abuja when they launched last yr, but fortunately for me i still enjoy a good speed uptill now, i still get as high as 1.5 MB/s on IDM speed, my location:area 1 Garki Abuja wink wink
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
mikron:
im also a pioneer member because i also got mine in Transcorp Hilton, Abuja when they launched last yr, but fortunately for me i still enjoy a good speed uptill now, i still get as high as 1 MB/s on IDM speed, my location:area 1 Garki Abuja wink wink
You are right. I've come to realize that ntel 4G behaves like Glo 3G, that is, it performs in some places more than others.

The other day, I was at Shagari Plaza, Area 1, and I was getting 1MB/s upwards, it was so surprising because it's the same three to four LTE bars that I get in my house at Gudu and my office in CBD and it never go past 300KB/s. Same experience at Bwari lga, I was getting 1MB/s upwards, but at Lifecamp, it was terrible. It just doesn't make sense. There is something really wrong with ntel network.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by kfrosh: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2017
Over this past few days; it has improved in terms of speed. I think it's their network that is a bit unstable. So far that's what I can deduce. But all in all NTEL rocks.
demazju:

Same here, the speed has been abysmal for a few days now.. I cant even watch instagram videos
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2017
Network seriously effing up today. I had to change to Google DNS before I could access the net
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2017
Is the Ntel truly unlimited or no pls what's the data cap? Does the speed throttles, if yes at what limit? Can the sim work on MTN modem 5573 Huawei and what's the price of the unlimited data?

MTN is really sucking data. 10k sub finished in less than 2 weeks without downloading

Cc dustmalik, frebor
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2017
ollah1:
Is the Ntel truly unlimited or no pls what's the data cap? Does the speed throttles, if yes at what limit? Can the sim work on MTN modem 5573 Huawei and what's the price of the unlimited data?

MTN is really sucking data. 10k sub finished in less than 2 weeks without downloading
which plan were you on?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2017
purplekayc:
which plan were you on?

The default plan. I can't even share and sell airtime
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by kfrosh: 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
its truely unlimited and its for 12k5/month. Works only on 4G phones or you buy their Modem. Their network fluntuates though depending on area. Its fairly good enough for our present Nigeria.
ollah1:

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
kfrosh:
its truely unlimited and its for 12k5/month. Works only on 4G phones or you buy their Modem. Their network fluntuates though depending on area. Its fairly good enough for our present Nigeria.

Can't the sim work on unlocked MTN modem?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by kfrosh: 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2017
You should probably ask them that in any of their offices near you.
ollah1:

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2017
kfrosh:
You should probably ask them that in any of their offices near you.

Lol. Common bro, do you expect them to know the answer? Even if they do, they will never tell you yes cos they wanna sell their modem
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by kfrosh: 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
i understand but if it will work they will actually tell you. They are guys like you and me working there. Their main target is to sell their data not their Modem. So you could just ask around if any of their office is near you.
ollah1:

Lol. Common bro, do you expect them to know the answer? Even if they do, they will never tell you yes cos they wanna sell their modem
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2017
ollah1:

Cc dustmalik, frebor
I'm not sure of the unlimited part since i haven't really downloaded much because of how frustrating the speed has been at my location. But it works on unlocked MTN Huawei E5573s-320 and unlocked E5573s-606 since they both support band 3(1800mhz).

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 06, 2017
dustmalik:

I'm not sure of the unlimited part since i haven't really downloaded much because of how frustrating the speed has been at my location. But it works on unlocked MTN Huawei E5573s-320 and unlocked E5573s-606 since they both support band 3(1800mhz).

Wow. Mine is E5573s-322. Any idea if it works? Any idea the other networks that work on it? Thanks for the quick feedback
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 12:41am On Aug 06, 2017
ollah1:

Wow. Mine is E5573s-322. Any idea if it works? Any idea the other networks that work on it? Thanks for the quick feedback
E5573s-320 and E5573s-322 both support exactly the same bands, so as long as it's unlocked, it should work fine.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 06, 2017
dustmalik:

E5573s-320 and E5573s-322 both support exactly the same bands, so as long as it's unlocked, it should work fine.

On a different page, you said the former supports more bands than the latter
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 12:45am On Aug 06, 2017
ollah1:

On a different page, you said the former supports more bands than the latter
That would be E5573s-320 vs E5573s-606, not E5573s-322.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 06, 2017
dustmalik:

That would be E5573s-320 vs E5573s-606, not E5573s-322.

In other words, 320 and 322 supports same bands? Pls kindly list the networks it supports and best way to unlock the modem. Cheers
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 7:11am On Aug 06, 2017
ollah1:

It works.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pcwizzy: 7:16am On Aug 06, 2017
I use about 5gb in a day on the ntel smartphone lite plans and my speed wasn't throttled,does it mean there is no throttling.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2017
LordReed:

It works.

Any idea on the best method of unlocking it?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:06am On Aug 06, 2017
I'm on the lookout for a E5733-606

That one that supports Glo 4G.....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 11:09am On Aug 06, 2017
ollah1:

Any idea on the best method of unlocking it?

I saw a few colleagues using it, I'll ask them.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2017
pcwizzy:
I use about 5gb in a day on the ntel smartphone lite plans and my speed wasn't throttled,does it mean there is no throttling.

Answered on page before..
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pcwizzy: 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2017
Dam5reey:

Answered on page before..
can't really see it can u just explain better,please
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2017
oyb:
Network seriously effing up today. I had to change to Google DNS before I could access the net

Me too
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
pcwizzy:

For now

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
vanchi:

For now

Those ntel guys start/try that ill-advised move again, yours truly takes off from the network again.

For now, and provided service is good in one's area, ntel is the network to be on, especially if one's more of a HD content grabber.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pcwizzy: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
vanchi:

For now
wow thats awesome thank you very much for replying
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Oluelese(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
Gues am lucky! Am in a remote area in Portharcourt with no single bar on ntel network yet I still get upto 1.5mbs at most times when downloading with idm

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pcwizzy: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
I want to know if using a router will make my internet faster
vanchi:

For now

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (272) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat / TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.