Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) (58038 Views)

Profile Of Ugwumba Uche Nwosu: Biography Of Rochas Okorocha Choice Of Successor / I Was Shocked When I Saw President Buhari In London- Rochas Okorocha / Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by ogochukwu247(f): 9:40am On May 23, 2016
Charity, fondly called Cha cha, worked for Governor Rochas Okorocha as a maid for over 20 years and helped raise his five children. She got married over the weekend to Hycenth and the Okorocha family came all out to honour her.

Photographer Michael Omoboriowo writes

"A real life evidence of "Grass to Grace" was what played out in the life of Cha cha(charity) as she's fondly called who served as a 'maid' to the family of His Excellency Owelle Rochas Okorocha, who helped raise all of the Governors' 5 children right from childhood that two of them are now married, for whom they had to travel into the country to attend her wedding who Over 20years as being a part of the Gov.'s family and yesterday after even she had lost hope of marriage, was celebrated with the greatest honour ever, she was showered with gifts(A brand new car, Cash gift, Home utensils, etc courtesy Nneoma Okorocha) His Excellency even performed a song for the couple as he stood there tear-eyed in between them. It was a real atmosphere of emotion, love and gratitude in honour of the couple yesterday."

SOURCE
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/05/gov-rochas-okorocha-and-family-shower.html

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by VulgarVulvas: 9:42am On May 23, 2016
The bride looks like someone in fear early 30's

Does that mean Roachass employed an underage girl as a househelp for over 20yrs?

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by firstolalekan(m): 9:42am On May 23, 2016
ROCHAS GO DON CHOP TAYA grin

leftover grin

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by aminho(m): 9:46am On May 23, 2016
I remember the maid my mum employed in 1994 she was with us thru thick and thin till she got married last year i had to travel to gombe and taraba for the wedding and reception MaRY you are one of a kind

305 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by Nkem4040: 9:55am On May 23, 2016
VulgarVulvas:
The bride looks like someone in fear early 30's

Does that mean Roachass employed an underage girl as a househelp for over 20yrs?

I know you are yoruba, so I'll help you. Igbos as Zaki said help to raise children that aren't theirs. Most...80% of Igbo family tend to adopt young girls and boys from the village, I'm talking about mostly age 5-15 yrs old, they raise these kids same way as they raise their own children...same school, clothing, room, e.t.c. Many instances you cannot differentiate by appearance that these kids are not their blood children as they are treated very well. They get them at young age so that they can mold, treat and assimilate them with their children. So that girl you see is a product of this Igbo wonderful assistance program...she not necessarily a maid as the media are reporting. Fellow Igbos know whats-up!

422 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by ENDTIMELIFE: 10:03am On May 23, 2016
Nice But ROCHAS IS A CORRUPT CRIMINALL AND THIEFF

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by flexyfit(f): 10:03am On May 23, 2016
that's nice....so good of him...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by Nobody: 10:05am On May 23, 2016
firstolalekan:

leftover grin

Do you think all men are irresponsible like you think?

Anyway, would she be retired now?

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by olapluto(m): 10:16am On May 23, 2016
2 things:
1. Except Cha Cha is 38 years or above, then Rochas just openly confessed to child abuse.
2. Cha Cha's husband is suspecting Rochas. From the first pix, the husband dey look at Rochas like: 'after you don take her innocence and enjoy the freshness, you come give me chaffs and even no let me enjoy our wedding day'.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by queenoflafia(f): 10:16am On May 23, 2016
Am happy for her

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by funlord(m): 10:17am On May 23, 2016
grin

Rochas don _fuck dis 1 tire! No wonder the groom dey scatter face!

HE KNOWS WHAT'S UP!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by olapluto(m): 10:18am On May 23, 2016
Nkem4040:

I know you are yoruba, so I'll help you. Igbos as Zaki said help to raise children that aren't theirs. Most...80% of Igbo family tend to adopt young girls and boys from the village, I'm talking about mostly age 5-15 yrs old, they raise these kids same way as they raise their own children...same school, clothing, room, e.t.c. Many instances you cannot differentiate by appearance that these kids are not their blood children as they are treated very well. They get them at young age so that they can mold, treat and assimilate them with their children. So that girl you see is a product of this Igbo wonderful assistance program...she not necessarily a maid as the media are reporting. Fellow Igbos know whats-up!
Not entirely. In fact, it is rare. What most people (Igbos especially) do is gross child abuse. Taking cheap maids pretending to help them, whereas depriving them of their childhood. This is the same logic behind baby factories and human trafficking.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by cheruv: 10:36am On May 23, 2016
olapluto:

Not entirely. In fact, it is rare. What most people (Igbos especially) do is gross child abuse. Taking cheap maids pretending to help them, whereas depriving them of their childhood. This is the same logic behind baby factories and human trafficking.
I concur with what the guy you quoted is saying...that something is common in Yoruba land doesn't mean it happens in Alaigbo

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by olapluto(m): 10:41am On May 23, 2016
Nkem4040:

Many of these kids are raised far better than Yorubaa children as most of you are born throw-way/unplanned, in other words bastards, and raised by single mothers. Usually malnourished and unkempt. Swear to God you are not a bastard...didn't only your mother raise you? Do you know your real father... not the strange man living with your mother? Anumanu
Nkem its too early in the week to display such attitude. God bless you and your mother. I wasnt raised to use parents in abusive arguments.

235 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:44am On May 23, 2016
Nice One Rochas. cool cool
Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by Mbkite(m): 11:15am On May 23, 2016
Nkem4040:

God bless you. Nothing shall be difficult for you in life. IJN.
I love you.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by jahsharon: 11:38am On May 23, 2016
Nkem4040:

Please is this not child trafficking? If not, what do you call this?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2016
Finally free from child exploitation...

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by Nellybii: 12:29pm On May 23, 2016
Nkem4040:

That's an excellent culture but some people abuse it.

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by Ginaz(f): 12:29pm On May 23, 2016
Nkem4040:

Many of these kids are raised far better than Yorubaa children as most of you are born throw-way/unplanned, in other words bastards, and raised by single mothers. Usually malnourished and unkempt. Swear to God you are not a bastard...didn't only your mother raise you? Do you know your real father... not the strange man living with your mother? Anumanu

You don't have respect, a man that cannot respect someone's parent cannot respect his. Shame on you! Look at the disgusting things you are saying just cos of tribal difference. What a world we live in! No respect for elderly ones. The guy didn't even call you names or insulted you like this.

You don't have shame at all. And you're a man for that matter taking like a woman. You should be ashamed of your manners.

170 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by flyca: 12:29pm On May 23, 2016
On our own Nanny's wedding day (2013), they didn't allow my mum to enter the reception hall because she was wearing jewelries. Lol. My mum and I sat in the car. My dad and bro entered the reception hall and gave them their wedding gift. Vamooose!

Not her fault though. She married the pastor of their prayer ministry in Onitsha. Funny thing was that my mum's car was used as wedding car. Looool

Apart from that, Sister Onyi is goooooooood sha!

15 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by hunkydory(m): 12:29pm On May 23, 2016
firstolalekan:

leftover grin
Lol

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by gbishman: 12:29pm On May 23, 2016
loyalty is key, this is quite a touching story and a lesson for others to learn

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by lekjons(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2016
olapluto:

Nkem its too early in the week to display such attitude. God bless you and your mother. I wasnt raised to use parents in abusive arguments.
free him..
that's how they do.

i don't even know what he's on about..

ill-trained kid..

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by hayor2014(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2016
Nkem4040:

Thus is a simple argument about someone you have never seen or met, yet you insult the parents of another person to this extent...na wah oooo....Fear God

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by anonimi: 12:31pm On May 23, 2016
What is the girl's monthly SALARY all the 20 years?
Is it well above the MINIMUM wage of N18,000?
Was she always paid PROMPTLY?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473732_salary_jpegb17a7eccd26afd09fff05feea950ccff

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by Beremx(f): 12:31pm On May 23, 2016
olapluto:
2 things:
1. Except Cha Cha is 38 years or above, then Rochas just openly confessed to child abuse.
2. Cha Cha's husband is suspecting Rochas. From the first pix, the husband dey look at Rochas like: 'after you don take her innocence and enjoy the freshness, you come give me chaffs and even no let me enjoy our wedding day'.
stop talking nonsense and grow up.

Happy Married life to the couple

8 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by jeje123(m): 12:31pm On May 23, 2016
firstolalekan:

leftover grin
U wan spoil her marriage?

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 23, 2016
Arrangee wedding as usual grin grin grin

Look at the groom's face, look at the Bride's face and look at Rochas face grin grin

You can see guilt everywhere!!

Maybe the youngman was given an appointment!

In my opinion, this young lady was over used and then married off!!

Even the young man is not feeling man enough at the wedding coz he knows he is not the man of the family!!

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by pagorino(m): 12:32pm On May 23, 2016
it's a nice one though....happy married life. marriage loading......but fuel price don go to its peak o. #soberingmood grin kiss
Re: Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) by prettyslimme(f): 12:33pm On May 23, 2016
Nkem4040:

na wa oo.all dis for wat he sd?and u tink ure any beta?yorubas respect dir elders no mata wat amd will not insult mothers like dt.cos dey re sacred..dont let proving a poimt on social media turn u into an insensitive person.

49 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos As President Bola Tinubu Meets 36 States Governors / Asari Dokubo Attacks Apc / Buhari Talks Tough: Saraki Angry, Oyegun & Dogara Smile At APC NEC Meeting (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.