Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To (77015 Views)

( DROP SHIPPING ) How to buy in china and sell in USA while you are in Nigeria / Mini Importation Business Still Rocks - Drop Shipping And Much More / Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by ricy20(f): 9:29am On Feb 13, 2018
mchenzy:

I just got amazon seller acct. Paying for shopify fee is great cos of its apps and is really cheap or u use 65days trial which you can cover when your trial ends.

I saw your group, is really growing well. Am just developing myself these 3 months before I take people onto myself. I have 2 standard business now, once I complete this 3rd one, I end. This year is my time.

Can you enlighten me more my shopify end with out any results
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
ricy20:

Will be willing to help you out, first, lemme know what and what you did right and wrong before it ended without results. Whatsapp: +23481400xxxxxx

Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 12:06am On Feb 14, 2018
ricy20:

Facebook, google, influencer marketing ads, etc, no matter how you twist it, is all about making sure your ROAS is 70-100% profitable.

A bit is this, you use cold or warm traffic ads, then direct or retargetting ads. Never you put ads out there without knowing how your intending customers feels, you do so, you lose out. Is like this, your have email leads of new mums and dads, hopefully they are expecting children or already have todlers, do not ever sell to them to buy your baby products, nope, thats very wrong. Send out ads of how to take care of babies and everything that will help them in being good parents, let them read and digest it, collect mails in the articles, offer tips and recommend products in the blog/newsletter. Note their reactions with measures that you have set place to measure it, then retarget to those that clicked your product, those that commented, those that left during checkout, those who added to cart. Twist your offer to twist their mind...they are already interested, they trust you somehow, you have solved their immediate problem in the past, who will they buy from if not you? Marketing is all about psychology, appeal to that.

Note: Best ads to run are to be in sets; slideshows and videos, images and carousal (dont knw d spelling oo, abeg..) each creative should be different, either same audience or different audience but all related audience, but the same product(s) for every 100-300k target (thats what I use, you might broaden your scope, but is advised to be minimal)...test in sets of 2's at $4-$7. Pick out that which works most, increase budget and dust the rest (measure in terms of ROAS). All is going to be done after you have done warm or cold traffic (as in your audience already knows you) - thats to say you have done traffic and visit ads first or have a targetted mail list to use on fb. Save your cold and warm traffic audience, they are your buyers and they are the ones to run conversion ads on.

You must spend to determine the right audience. Dont just wake up, develop a shopify store and run purchase pixel ads on fb and expect someone buys, lol...you will fail till you quit.

In all: Cold and Warm Traffic, Retarget and Conversion ads, have simple checkout or one page checkout, use urgency, offer similars, buyer intent keywords....

Thats all for now...

3 Likes

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 14, 2018
ricy20:

Two options you have.
1. In the short term, hire a Facebook expert or google AdWords expert and run the store while
2. In the long run, you need to learn Facebook/AdWords/Instagram yourself.

1 Like

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
[b]❌ BE AWARE ❌

Just get this info from Nick Peroni so want to share it with you guys, so you are aware of this!

Facebook is banning accounts for copying videos and repurposing videos on your ads.

Several high profile accounts that were spending lots of money all got banned almost overnight.

You guys need to be aware, because even your personal profile will get shut down.

Right now it's just based on someone reporting your post. But Facebook is working on their own detection system as well.

And the thing is about people reporting you... you're supposed to get a warning. But if several come in at once, you could get banned by the time you see your warning.

Facebook is also looking at the quality of your items and forthcomingness of your shipping times.

Not that you can't drop ship, because many Facebook Account Managers also like to drop ship smiley But you need to be very open on your store about your shipping.

And we all know about engagement bait.

Yes, people are still getting away with it. But Facebook's detection system will catch up soon, and accounts get penalized.

The solution to all this?

Don't be lazy. Don't look for shortcuts. Be smart, think long term, build a brand.

Talk soon[/b]
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Jacktheripper: 10:45am On May 12, 2018
CosmicJames:
Nice thread with people that have knowledge on what they are talking about.
Dropshipping is one of the 3 major online businesses I set aside to concentrate on next year. The issue of accepting payment is the area I'm still working on. I need to fix the challenge there to have a smooth operation internationally as a Nigerian. Once the payment issue is fixed, the next thing is $$$.

For those of you that know about Amazon FBA, this is were the real money is with less effort. One big problem with FBA is that it require some huge capital to start. But I recently discover a method that combines dropshipping and FBA and require no capital to start eleminating the barrier of entrance into FBA.

I'm set to make some serious money from this method alone in 2017 once I perfect the system.

Hello, Please have you now sort out the issue of accepting payments from Shopify as a Nigerian.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Jacktheripper: 10:46am On May 12, 2018
[quote author=mchenzy post=52330841][/quote]

Please boss can I have your whatsapp digits I need guide on Dropshipping
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 11:22am On May 12, 2018
Jacktheripper:

Hello, Please have you now sort out the issue of accepting payments from Shopify as a Nigerian.
There are two options.
1. Open an account through stripe atlas. It will be registered at Delaware, USA but cost about $500. The advantages include a regular USA bank account with a US debit card.

2. Open a stripe account with a proven generator. Send me a PM for account creation.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by kingzleey: 11:32am On May 12, 2018
prettyboi1989:
Any one seeking info on dropshipping can do so easily via google.

Exactly
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by kingzleey: 11:35am On May 12, 2018
Ajusshi:
I need don't to wait for that to call em out. We know how they always start, claiming they have a billion dollar idea/info they arn't gonna share, just to lure the inexperienced folks to their pm. So sorry if you are among em.

already seen someone asking for pm on this thread lmao
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 11:44am On May 12, 2018
kingzleey:

already seen someone asking for pm on this thread lmao
Hope you are not referring to me because I have a lot of free time today tongue
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Jacktheripper: 12:05pm On May 12, 2018
FRANKODEY1:
Here's how to receive and fulfill orders in Dropshipping as a Nigerian.

step 1- apply for payoneer card (after receiving your card, activate, and fund with $100

step 2- login to your payoneer card account dashboard and click on the card details and you will see a USA /UK Bank Account link to your card. copy out the details.

step 3- go to stripe.com and register using any UK address from Google and the Bank details from payoneer card account. your stripe account will be active.

step 4- link your stripe account to your shopify store or shopify. build your store.

step 5-use same payoneer card to pay for order fulfillment on amazon or Alixpress. by this you are turning the wheel. because stripe will transfer your earnings from sales into your USA Bank Account attached to payoneer card and you can use same payoneer card to fulfill orders.

advice : always use facebook first as traffic source because of definite targeting. go for passionate niches. always outsource order fulfillment or use software.

note : you need at least $200 as capital to start.

I think this help.

Frank Odey.

I don't have $200 to start. Any other viable option?

1 Like

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by OjoMadiba: 1:26pm On May 12, 2018
my only concern on dropshipping is delivery times from aliexpress, is there any way/means to get products shipped to my customers faster?
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 12, 2018
OjoMadiba:
my only concern on dropshipping is delivery times from aliexpress, is there any way/means to get products shipped to my customers faster?
You can use this to shorten delivery times to the USA and most Oecd and European countries.
If you are sending to other countries like Nigeria, this method wont work.

1. Aliexpress epacket shipping (5-10 days)
2. Aliexpress USA based store (2-5 day delivery)
3. Dhgate dhl method (2-4 day delivery)
4. USA suppliers (1-3 days delivery)

2 Likes

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by CosmicJames(m): 3:29pm On May 12, 2018
Jacktheripper:

I figured out Stripe late last year.
However, we had some issues with Stripe and decided to stop using it.
So the search still continues.

Honestly, the thing tire me.
Too many challenges operating online biz from Nigeria.

But there is no giving up.
It will have to be done no matter how hard and long it takes.

3 Likes

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by OjoMadiba: 4:35pm On May 12, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

You can use this to shorten delivery times to the USA and most Oecd and European countries.
If you are sending to other countries like Nigeria, this method wont work.

1. Aliexpress epacket shipping (5-10 days)
2. Aliexpress USA based store (2-5 day delivery)
3. Dhgate dhl method (2-4 day delivery)
4. USA suppliers (1-3 days delivery)
i'm sending to Nigeria, paying all my profit to dhl just to deliver faster is not business at all, if there is any other means pls kindly let me know.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by emykuzee: 7:01am On May 16, 2018
mchenzy:
Is very easy to start dropshipping. Just built mine yesterday with just $4 BitCoin... awkward? Yea it is.... only one person here in Nairaland knows about my dropshipping.

The way I see it is this, don't share anything till it has grown. That's the hard lesson I have learnt.

Edit: Ask me questions and I will answer them but when it goes too much to big secrets I won't answer them...fair enough.
Pls how do i go about the USA number sir
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 7:23am On May 16, 2018
emykuzee:

Pls how do i go about the USA number sir
Use nextplus app on android and get it
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by emykuzee: 9:02am On May 16, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Use nextplus app on android and get it
What about the EIN.
Kinda the difficult part for me
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 11:39am On May 16, 2018
emykuzee:

What about the EIN.
Kinda the difficult part for me
https://www.elfqrin.com/usssndriverlicenseidgen.php
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by pxcrown: 6:03pm On May 19, 2018
Can VPN be used for dropshiping
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by emperorblog(m): 8:10pm On May 19, 2018
contact us for your WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT for your BUSINESS SCHOOL ORGANIZATION JOB SEQRCH ECOMMERCE @ affordable prize our service also include SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERT AND FREELANCE WRITTING CALL OR WHATSAPP www.emperorblog.com.ng email aayanpoju@gmail.com www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by coolbatty: 8:08am On May 20, 2018
You are doing a great job, Cosmic James. Nothing beats being humble and straightforward. Just keep being that.

Unlike sum1 i met here who feels he knows it all and thinks he is a guru. I met this person here early march last year and we spoke and exchanged ideas at length for about 2 to 3months. I had my stripe account setup and willingly showed him exactly how i did it, with a blueprint of my information. All this i did with an open heart for free not feeling like a boss or a guru.

Guess what? He started feeling like a god who knows all things and everything forgetting that no man knows it all, where one's knowledge ends, is where sum1 else's begins.

The next time i spoke to him was in November and he asked for ID. Really?.... After re-introducing myself, he claims not to recall.

Moral:
*Nobody knows it all, guys.
*And the sky is big enough for all the birds to fly and soar in. (You can't make sum1 else's money with yours.)
*Learn and be a blessing unto others.
*Be HUMBLE.

Special thanks to Frankodey1, who gave the very first wealth of useful information on this thread not minding who might be gaining from it.

5 Likes

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by CosmicJames(m): 11:29am On May 20, 2018
coolbatty:
You are doing a great job, Cosmic James. Nothing beats being humble and straightforward. Just keep being that.

Unlike sum1 i met here who feels he knows it all and thinks he is a guru. I met this person here early march last year and we spoke and exchanged ideas at length for about 2 to 3months. I had my stripe account setup and willingly showed him exactly how i did it, with a blueprint of my information. All this i did with an open heart for free not feeling like a boss or a guru.

Guess what? He started feeling like a god who knows all things and everything forgetting that no man knows it all, where one's knowledge ends, is where sum1 else's begins.

The next time i spoke to him was in November and he asked for ID. Really?.... After re-introducing myself, he claims not to recall.

Moral:
*And the sky is big enough for all the birds to fly and soar in. (You can't make sum1 else's money with yours.)
*Be HUMBLE.

Special thanks to Frankodey1, who gave the very first wealth of useful information on this thread not minding who might be gaining from it.

Thanks for the advice.
I appreciate.
BTW, is Stripe still sending you payment?
How about the ID verification? You've provided it?
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by iambayoeleshin(m): 11:56am On May 20, 2018
DO YOU NEED A BUSINESS LOAN?

DO YOU LIVE AROUND THE AXIS OF MILE 2, FESTAC, SATELLITE TOWN, TRADE FAIR, IGANDO, BADAGRY EXPRESS WAY AND OLD OJO ROAD?

CALL 09024970193!!!

LETS TALK...
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Bhorbymills1990: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
mchenzy:

Nope, am saying the more you repeat something the better you understand its loopholes. Is like wooing a girl for the first time, which is certainly difficult at first but perfect as you master the act. At first, you must have made mistakes which you have noticed as your store progresses, that is what you correct in your next journey to make the perfect money assassin.

Truetalk
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Bhorbymills1990: 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
Shout out to those who gave out there information freely and to those who ask for payment before giving out information they got for free online...

Meanwhile I discovered drop shopping is perfect for Nigerian market if you really understand how Nigerian market works...
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by dyonpoint: 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
coolbatty:

Moral:
*Be HUMBLE.

Such is life bro, I always appreciate those who give out information freely.... the major reason i have not start dropshipping biz is payment processor/gatway to use. The thing weak me bro.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mazeup: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
raypex:
Sounds like a nice idea. I am glad there are like minds here. But I am in Ph, not lagos.
Anyways we can always communicate here on nairaland as we get to understand how (and if) it can be successfully carried out in Nigeria.
Perhaps someone with experience /info about this potential profit maker, would drop a comment soon.
Cheers! #TheHustle
where are you in ph cos am also in ph pls drop your number so dat I can contact you
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by dyonpoint: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

There are two options.
1. Open an account through stripe atlas. It will be registered at Delaware, USA but cost about $500. The advantages include a regular USA bank account with a US debit card.

2. Open a stripe account with a proven generator. Send me a PM for account creation.

Can you help with payment processor please?
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
dyonpoint:

You have two options. The first method is the preferred one.
1. Open a US LLC to use stripe legally in Nigeria. It will cost $500. You will get a us debit card, us bank account and a us company. It can be opened through https://stripe.com/atlas

2. You can also open stripe by getting an EIN through https://www.legalzoom.com/business/business-formation/llc-overview.html
It will cost you about $200. This will still require to open a payoneer account with same name as legalzoom doesn't open bank account and debit cards for you.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
dyonpoint:

The proven generator I posted earlier is a random generator. I don't know how legal it is but I have a stripe account opened through that method. It will cost $0

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Ismaila Mompha Flaunts $4million Cash On Instagram (photos) / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? / The Value Of CFA To Naira As At Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.