Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank (33387 Views)

#BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / Diamond Bank Rewards Alkali Adamu As Who Returned Money Wrongly Dispensed To Him / Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by amanze15(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
lol that account is targeted at younger people, so using shorthand seem appropriate, eSUSU is not queen english

3 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by viqueta(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
STERLING VS DIAMOND

1 Share

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by erayo2GCA(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
I don't know sterling bank now teach their customers reading ability

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Fkforyou(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
For an organization like Daimond bank to be texting in abbreviations, I think they deserve the shades from Sterling bank.

3 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by menxer: 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
This is a serious corporate spelling inability by Diamond Bank courtesy a sagging-swag-generation IT person.
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by pendusky(m): 2:48pm On May 23, 2016
Seen
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Tgold1(m): 2:49pm On May 23, 2016
victorels:
I know many people will troop in here to crucify Sterling Bank just to receive likes. But it will not work. Those that knew Diamond Bank made a huge mistake will prevail over them by giving me more like.

I did not call any one or group zombie.
zombie #tongue out
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by dnoblest(m): 2:57pm On May 23, 2016
Diamond bank Esusu is supposed to be a banking product that appeals more to market women and artisans to encourage saving in banks rather than taking risks with unregistered Thrift collectors. And pidgin English is the best way to relate with people in this categories. So I don't think the bank intended to use proper english.

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by labienyce(m): 2:57pm On May 23, 2016
Beehshorp:
Abeg I don't know what sterling bank is... Is it only found in starling city?......

Diswan don over watch Arrows grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Ezebinaugwu(m): 3:08pm On May 23, 2016
Laredojohn:
Gt all d way

How GT take coming for this matter Bros? Abi GT na another name for sterling?
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by jaytime(m): 3:09pm On May 23, 2016
I don't get it. The last time I checked, Twitter has character limit you can input, as such you have to shorten a lot of words if you have much to type.
So I don't see where Diamond erred in spelling. Besides, Twitter is an informal communication platform; so anything goes.
I see some people talking about the spelling of "eSUSU", I'm sure Sterling didn't refer to that as it is a trade marked product that could be named or spelt as the owner pleases.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by coachwilcox(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2016
This is a lesson for the indomie generation of our time. They are so used to chat and IM lingua that they find it difficult to speak proper English. All they know is "kk, k, sup, hey, etc" The worst ones na the "buh, dah, bruv, buffdae," etc.
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by santicruz: 3:11pm On May 23, 2016
Thank you
dnoblest:
Diamond bank Esusu is supposed to be a banking product that appeals more to market women and artisans to encourage saving in banks rather than taking risks with unregistered Thrift collectors. And pidgin English is the best way to relate with people in this categories. So I don't think the bank intended to use proper english.
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Jarus(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2016
A knock out. I like the humour. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 23, 2016
GTB is probably one of the most useless bank in Nigeria. Their customer service sucks, especially the Agbara branch. Bunch of staff without professional manners.

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by ziego(m): 3:18pm On May 23, 2016
Yankeeboi2:
So y'all will think its only Nigerian entertainers and Politicians that know how to shade,well you got it all wrong.Lol. So here is what happened Diamond posted the tweet above which had some grammatical issues and immediately Sterling bank saw it they went to Diamond's page to shade the heck outta them.

https://fashionuncutmedia..com.ng/2016/05/the-awkard-moment-when-diamond-bank.html

Recruiting from backyard its now showing
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 23, 2016
Ouch that burn would need to to cooled under a running tap for at least an hour
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by kenoz(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2016
grin
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by seemples(f): 3:27pm On May 23, 2016
dnoblest:

It would have been so very apt were it written in pidgin!
Sterling nailed it!
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by kenoz(m): 3:29pm On May 23, 2016
grin grin
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by donigspain(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2016
I beg to differ. This is about brand communication strategy (voice and tone) and understanding of the uniqueness of Social Media platforms. Unfortunately, Sterling Bank Plc is using Gen X language on a Gen Y platform and that will create a disconnect between them and the TG. On the other hand Diamond Bank Plc is using the right text language/format to sell to the right TA on the right platform. SMS Text format is excusable on Twitter. This shade backfires on Sterling Bank.

Diamond Bank is selling "esusu" banking. Who is the Target Audience of this package? Millennial youths who are fun-loving, energetic, social and trendy. This TA communicates in abbreviation. I think this is a strategic communication plan by Diamond and should not have been viewed as spelling deficiency. Sterling should not judge Diamond from its (Sterling) brand perspective.

[size=1pt]dnoblest[/size]

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by overlord77: 3:38pm On May 23, 2016
doyinisaac:
.....sterling bank should go and sit down....dem dey call animals wey get horn even snail sef dey show face...

Hahhhaha. I taya o.

Yeye one customer bank. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Adesiji77: 3:39pm On May 23, 2016
grin grin
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by abeloureal(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2016
Seriously what's the grammatical error here? Is it the abbreviation or what?
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by UyiIredia(m): 4:19pm On May 23, 2016
Sterling bank talk true. Diamond bank f up with their spelling.
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Heineken(m): 4:57pm On May 23, 2016
CaroLyner:
GTB is still the best .
I don't think so dear.. Diamond bank is the best.. Though I don't send them all

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Jacko1(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2016
Chi mooo
Epic shade Jesu
Babality finishing chai
This shorthand fin have reach multinationals

#bankbeefloading
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Jacko1(m): 5:01pm On May 23, 2016
donigspain:
I beg to differ. This is about brand communication strategy (voice and tone) and understanding of the uniqueness of Social Media platforms. Unfortunately, Sterling Bank Plc is using Gen X language on a Gen Y platform and that will create a disconnect between them and the TG. On the other hand Diamond Bank Plc is using the right text language/format to sell to the right TA on the right platform. SMS Text format is excusable on Twitter. This shade backfires on Sterling Bank.

Diamond Bank is selling "esusu" banking. Who is the Target Audience of this package? Millennial youths who are fun-loving, energetic, social and trendy. This TA communicates in abbreviation. I think this is a strategic communication plan by Diamond and should not have been viewed as spelling deficiency. Sterling should not judge Diamond from its (Sterling) brand perspective.

All this your grammar
Is that right what they did
Explain difference between
U and You
Nw and Now
Cn and Can
They wud have shorthand the diamond to dimnd
Since they saving letters
Justifying crap

3 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by preciousMI1(f): 5:01pm On May 23, 2016
things u see in Nigeria
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by donigspain(m): 5:09pm On May 23, 2016
Jacko1:

All this your grammar
Is that right what they did
Explain difference between
U and You
Nw and Now
Cn and Can
They wud have shorthand the diamond to dimnd
Since they saving letters
Justifying crap
Sorry bro, you're still growing. Read more!

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by tonychristopher: 5:18pm On May 23, 2016
BUT HOW CAN A BANK USE U FOR YOU AND YOUR FOR UR

TERRIBLE MISTAKE...

When you give jobs to all these girls that Bleep their way to garduation...this the embarrasement you get

Thats a big PR gaffe

Yankeeboi2:
So y'all will think its only Nigerian entertainers and Politicians that know how to shade,well you got it all wrong.Lol. So here is what happened Diamond posted the tweet above which had some grammatical issues and immediately Sterling bank saw it they went to Diamond's page to shade the heck outta them.

https://fashionuncutmedia..com.ng/2016/05/the-awkard-moment-when-diamond-bank.html
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by tonychristopher: 5:20pm On May 23, 2016
I doubt if you ever worked in a corporate setting before and as a PR expert...he will tell you

Language matters. Corporate language doesnt take that UR and U english

Its globally unacceptable

grow up!

donigspain:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things A Man Must Have Before 40. / Charis Onabowale "Mama Cass" Marks 70th Birthday In Grand Style (Photos) / Lily Adeleye: 5-Year-old Daughter Of Courtney Adeleye Is CEO Of Hair Accessories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.