Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank (33385 Views)

#BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / Diamond Bank Rewards Alkali Adamu As Who Returned Money Wrongly Dispensed To Him / Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by donigspain(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2016
tonychristopher:
I doubt if you ever worked in a corporate setting before and as a PR expert...he will tell you

Language matters. Corporate language doesnt take that UR and U english

Its globally unacceptable

grow up!

Check my signature kid. I have managed leading corporate accounts and still doing so. I have planned digital campaign you might have engaged in. Why do "corporate" bodies create ads in pidgin? Don't you listen to jingle and TV commercials? Free lecture, your consumer insight controls your communication strategy (voice/tone). Do you need more lectures on branding, digital marketing, social media management and PR?

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by fleksy: 5:30pm On May 23, 2016
sterling bank was simply 'STERLING' in its response.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by symbianDON(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2016
queenoflafia:
These banks ehn. Sterling wey be say na one customer Dem get grin
and I hear say even that one customer sef na staff o

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by tonychristopher: 6:00pm On May 23, 2016
In advert there is what we call niche market and target market...well if diamond bank is doing esusu stuff...the lingo is wrong because those that do esusu are not that educated...i think pidgin and local lingo will suffix

ighotago

donigspain:
Check my signature kid. I have managed leading corporate accounts and still doing so. I have planned digital campaign you might have engaged in. Why do "corporate" bodies create ads in pidgin? Don't you listen to jingle and TV commercials? Free lecture, your consumer insight controls your communication strategy (voice/tone). Do you need more lectures on branding, digital marketing, social media management and PR?

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by zoneros(m): 6:41pm On May 23, 2016
Y do some pple lyk using shorthand?
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by lollmaolol(m): 6:47pm On May 23, 2016
MARKone:
It was indeed very unprofessional by Diamond Bank.

I concur, we sincerely apologize about any inconvenience this might have caused. He was indeed an IT student currently relieving Stella who's on maternity leave.

Stop the bullying....Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by gezzyvinci(m): 7:02pm On May 23, 2016
Diamond eSUSU is an online savings platform of Diamond bank.....it has d concept of the local NSUSU.....wia friends contribute as a group and collect d proceeds serially......Diamond....Your Bank.
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by donigspain(m): 7:11pm On May 23, 2016
tonychristopher:
In advert there is what we call niche market and target market...well if diamond bank is doing esusu stuff...the lingo is wrong because those that do esusu are not that educated...i think pidgin and local lingo will suffix

ighotago

Nna, you still don't get it. Have a bird-eye view of the matter and not judging them from the text content of a single post. What Sterling (and you) did is like jumping onto a trending hashtag without full knowledge of the origin. Check the trend of their communication (creatives inclusive) and see the consumer personality reflected then come back and apologise to your oga. cheesy
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 23, 2016
Esusu savings is for d informal sector of d economy and as far as i know , the informal sector no get time for big big grammar. Diamond all d way joor
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by macof(m): 7:41pm On May 23, 2016
doyinisaac:
.....sterling bank should go and sit down....dem dey call animals wey get horn even snail sef dey show face...

grin grin but I prefer sterling

best when it comes to international money transfer

wetin diamond get?
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by tonychristopher: 8:30pm On May 23, 2016
donigspain:
Nna, you still don't get it. Have a bird-eye view of the matter and not judging them from the text content of a single post. What Sterling (and you) did is like jumping onto a trending hashtag without full knowledge of the origin. Check the trend of their communication (creatives inclusive) and see the consumer personality reflected then come back and apologise to your oga. cheesy

I think I like u
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by hoodmenconcept(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2016
nah grammar, we won chop..
sterlingbank no get shame.. ur banking system is same with dat of Elekuro Micro-finance bank, nah so person go dey sweat like goat wey see knife inside their banking hall... grin grin
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by CaroLyner(f): 9:35pm On May 23, 2016
Heineken:
I don't think so dear.. Diamond bank is the best.. Though I don't send them all
say wat?? ? ? i had 16k in my diamond account.till date i cant withdraw it?!
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by biridon(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2016
CaroLyner:
say wat?? ? ? i had 16k in my diamond account.till date i cant withdraw it?!

go and do ur bvn. .stop looking for who to blame!
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Dam5reey(m): 11:07pm On May 23, 2016
lollmaolol:

I concur, we sincerely apologize about any inconvenience this might have caused. He was indeed an IT student currently relieving Stella who's on maternity leave.

Stop the bullying....Peace

For your mind, you think the tweet was an error...
That's is their official handle... Sterling should mind their business...
Their response was not innovative as well..
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by donigspain(m): 11:07pm On May 23, 2016
tonychristopher:

I think I like u
Lol, same feelings shared.
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by rhektor(m): 11:27pm On May 23, 2016
CaroLyner:
GTB is still the best .

G wetin?
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by bizmania(m): 6:59am On May 24, 2016
And the dullard in Sterling Bank thinks....''All are met''..... is correct English
BTW the eSUSU Account is for low income and less educated persons, so, the mode of writing from Diamond Bank wasn't a miss. It was intentional, I guess, cos it was targeting less educated individuals.
Sometimes, it pays to mind your business.
Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by CaroLyner(f): 9:06am On May 24, 2016
biridon:

go and do ur bvn.
I did all that. dont say things you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank shades Diamond Bank by Najwal: 10:22am On May 24, 2016
Lmaof who is throwing shade at who? I mean that soooo Ratchet undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Buy Things On Aliexpress From Nigeria - A Step-by-step Guide / Things A Man Must Have Before 40. / Charis Onabowale "Mama Cass" Marks 70th Birthday In Grand Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.