Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Women Bosses And Their Women Problem - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Women Bosses And Their Women Problem (29694 Views)

"Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man / Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / 7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 8:01am On May 25, 2016
oh pls, stop being a sexist...any boss could be bad, be it female or male. I am sure if that your boss happened to be a man, you would call him a disciplinarian, now it is a woman...she is witch, okwaya?

That aside, I think women pay more attention to details, this makes them so result oriented and they tend to put pressure on everyone around them to achieve the/their desired result.
My boss is a woman, she is 38, single_ but she defies all the stereotype of a Nigerian female boss.

By the way, I have subordinates, I am a woman and I am the least of their problems_ but whenever they try to abuse the fact that I am a woman...the kind memo that follows it_them dey use dictionary reply am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by 400billionman: 8:09am On May 25, 2016
seylex:
this happen to be my first female boss, and just 2 months of working together she is so typical of those ive read about. these are a few of their realities.
disclaimer - this is not representative of all women just the type of my boss.

a little background.
I was employed as a marketing and business development manager for a new product. she was not in the country during the recruitment exercise-out of the country) so she didn't know me from adam. Ive heard a lot of stories of how she was very insensitive, bossy and a control freak an admin officer with priviledge information said i was employed because of my calmness during the interview to cancel out her aggressive character. well i kept an open mind, however upon her arrival our first meeting betrayed her so much as she felt she was not in control of my person. just a month to the job i already had proposals on ground that will restructure the company and re-position it for the market. well since then its been a tug of war between us both.

All my requests and moves were rebuffed, all support was literally non existent. well marketing happens to be a cost centre in itself, sales brings in the money. many dont know the difference though including my boss. i managed the two role independently despite all the challenges, but we are yet to make sales.

she pretends as if she doesnt know why we are not making sales. and shes using that as a pedestal to victimize me. she copies the HR on unnecessary issues and quite frankly its frustrating.

well after all these i had to understand her and why we may never gel -

1. women bosses are arrogant
2. they always want to be in control
3. they are mostly lazy themselves
4. they are mostly insecure

at least my boss is all the above and more.

well, she wants me to lick her a**, but Im never doing all of that. I know over time we may blend but for now its so annoying. i feel like leaving already. Guys with experience should please give honest advise to a distressed worker.

@lalastical

Hahaha, some ladies are arrogant.

While some are control freaks. Give her a litle source of income, her respect for you withers away.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by 400billionman: 8:11am On May 25, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
oh pls, stop being a sexist...any boss could be bad, be it female or male. I am sure if that your boss happened to be a man, you would call him a disciplinarian, now it is a woman...she is witch, okwaya?

That aside, I think women pay more attention to details, this makes them so result oriented and they tend to put pressure on everyone around them to achieve the/their desired result.
My boss is a woman, she is 38, single_ but she defies all the stereotype of a Nigerian female boss. So, stop this rubbish...

By the way, I have subordinates, I am a woman and I am the least of their problems_ but whenever they try to abuse the fact that I am woman...the kind memo that follows it_them dey use dictionary reply am.

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 8:15am On May 25, 2016
400billionman:

Hahaha, some ladies are arrogant.

While some are control freaks. Give her a litle source of income, her respect for you withers away.
dey your lane o.
How many female bosses have you guys encountered or worked under/with? Do you know how many female bosses are in the Nigerian workforce?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by rita25(f): 8:16am On May 25, 2016
thunder fire devil if she is not married........ e don red for her staff....she will be jezebel X2.....her frustration will have no limit...................I had one terrible boss like that called "Vivian sally"...........that name was one nightmare. embarassed
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by cocktopuss: 8:23am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
well, I don't know what my own staff will say about me but female bosses ain't that bad. well my tips, be warm to her, compliment her dressing, do the work she assigned to you plus extra, seek her opinions on things like you really need her help. in all, do your best, and if it isn't enough, na she get wahala

Why go through all these when he is not her husband? Compliment? Ask for advise? Be warm? If this is what every female leader needs to be a good leader then women are NOT fit to lead organizations period! Everyone is there to work and make money for the company its shareholders and satisfy clients not unnecessarily fraternising.... Haba

3 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:30am On May 25, 2016
nairamaverick:
Please what product was the company into?

roofing sheets production and installation. After tower, first aluminum, they're next..
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by blank(f): 8:30am On May 25, 2016
goingape:
I do compliment my formal boss and and sometime bought something for her when COMING BACK!

unfortunately she is not a black WOMAN! I just don't know what you people think you are!

why is it that you black people like doing THINGS the hard WAY?

the pride of a woman is sometimes mistaken as a viper!

you are a boss in that company doesn't mean you are a boss forever! one thing I know many female especially the black ones are lacking is communication and interactive skill with ya employee! this isn't good for business

It's not about pride. I don't mind a compliment once in a while and I give them out as well. However, it shouldn't be a regular thing. Even when you are looking very sick and someone says you are looking really good today sounds insincere.

Prove to me you are a hard worker by achieving results and I will make sure you get your due. However, kissing up to me won't make me like you any better. No one carries my stuff for me, I do it myself or get my personal staff.

We discuss and set goals, give you all the support you require and all I ask for is results. I relate the same way with my boss. We set goals and I achieve them. That's why I am still one of his best staff.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by AfroKnight: 8:30am On May 25, 2016
I have had only one female boss ever and she was very considerate. However I understand that she is a rarity. When dealing my female clients I tend to be extra careful to use the right words and gestures so I won't appear condescending.

These kind of women consider it an achievement when they control men. They are just too insecure around a confident and independent man. I guess they want men who'd depend on them for validation but even mama's boys hardly do that.

No matter how tough she treats you bro, don't ever compliment her dressing. Some women would take offence and label that sexist. Besides, thats her husband's duty. You don't have time for her drama.

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by MrFootball(m): 8:33am On May 25, 2016
cocktopuss:

Why go through all these when he is not her husband? Compliment? Ask for advise? Be warm? If this is what every female leader needs to be a good leader then women are NOT fit to lead organizations period! Everyone is there to work and make money for the company its shareholders and satisfy clients not unnecessarily fraternising.... Haba
God bless u bros... U simply nailed it.
...I only respect women who respect themselves.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by blank(f): 8:34am On May 25, 2016
cocktopuss:

I support you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, if you do that as a woman, people will say you are proud and lack interactive skills.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by GOFON(m): 8:46am On May 25, 2016
@ Kachisbarbie,

You are very funny ooo. You have a good sense of humour.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by que4: 8:55am On May 25, 2016
My first job was with a man. He could moody as hell and quite frankly I was happy leaving.

Second was with a woman. Very inspirational but crafty and vindictive. Also a troublemaker and landed her entire staff in prison while she was tucked awaybsafely outside Nigeria. Still ok to work for but gosh... I like my freedom.

The third was a woman I grew to HATE. She was manipulative, arrogant, bossy.... Some of the things she did made no sense and was at the detriment of her company. I learnt how to be patient with her till i discovered her ethics was poisoning my life and I told her goodbye. She still found a way to blame my leaving on me. Wish her very well.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by skyenitan04(m): 9:01am On May 25, 2016
bro..can i have ur contact or email address ? need ur advice on consultancy and property management .warm regards.
seunfly:
U are right, I'm self employed and I'm into property management, sales, consultancy and estate development. I've noticed doing business with men is less complicated and easy to pull through but when it comes to women, u have to spell out all the terms and condition in white and black b4 u even goes into any business ventures with some of them. Trust me women folks will still break many of those terms but it will save u from too many drama especially financial contribution to d development of such business and sharing ratio for the profit margin.

Most women I've worked with will want to contribute less in a joint ventures businesses but want to have largest shares from the financial income.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by seunajia: 9:09am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
well, I don't know what my own staff will say about me but female bosses ain't that bad. well my tips, be warm to her, compliment her dressing, do the work she assigned to you plus extra, seek her opinions on things like you really need her help. in all, do your best, and if it isn't enough, na she get wahala

Compliment her dressing, for what? What's your business with her dressing?

You don't need to tell him to be warm, they're colleagues for God's sake! It's strictly a professional interaction.

Which blaady extra, she's blocking all his moves to entrench growth. Which facking extra.

You see some of these women are just full of shyte. The OP has not even finished typing before this madam started asking him to "compliment her dressing". WTF? OP, you want to be a brown-noser, eh?

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Taryur3(m): 9:11am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
Don't tell me you are a boss.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 9:14am On May 25, 2016
Edusouls:
and all these things are to try flatter an insensitive,arrogant and proud woman boss...it wont work,you women are difficult, a creation half baked, even God himself avoid women cos una wahala don tire am,talkless of men..i dont blame you women shaa,the western education, and satan inspired feminism have given u inferior and faulty beings the chance to head the lions of God,the choosen ones men, in some places.,men has had enough of these anomalies it will soon be permanently corrected...
Digriz:
I once worked under one and all what u listed were applied by me bt u know what,she then turns me to her slave,errand boy. She will call me a sweet name and be using me as her houseboy.
cocktopuss:

cocktopuss:

cocktopuss:

ha ha! men sha, do you all want us to list what women go through under male bosses? I only advised d guy to try those, maybe it will work, not that I enjoy them myself. why the insults?
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by CSTR6: 9:21am On May 25, 2016
Female bosses even in america are something else. Only an individual who have not played at the highest level of the cooperate sector for very long would deny this fact.
Experience would help you in meandering your way with them though.

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by fashrola(m): 9:35am On May 25, 2016
ikevictor22:
Well all are through! But mine was vice versa, she wanted to go on a date with me. But I was dating her personal assistance, which almost got her fired. Lol. Women and their wahala.

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Lennylinconlee(m): 9:41am On May 25, 2016
i have work with 2 female boss....after i resign from the first i tot she was the most though and weaked woman on earth......not until i got another offer inwhch the MD was also female. ....mehn...my people....this one is worse and devilish....didnt wnt progress for her staff and alwys tinkin u want to steal her moni....cus she hersef is a thief.....so pathetic....im resigning by dis friday. cant continue anymore.....

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by jojothaiv(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2016
As for me, the code is always...
Respect is reciprocal..
Be it male or female boss...
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Guyman02: 9:49am On May 25, 2016
Like someone said earlier, female bosses feel insecure with people they think know so much more than them.
48 laws of Power says 'Never outshine your boss', it means you have to always make her feel like the boss without belittling yourself.
Whatever ideas you have should be shared with her and presented to management as if it was her initiative, let her take the credit as long as results are achieved, it will make her to relax and trust you and both of you can work effectively.

Sometimes, even when you do your job well, they can get aggressive and it may be possible that as a woman she may be having her monthly cramps, emotional crisis with her spouse or BF dont get irritated just relax, remember it was one of the criteria that got you the job during the interview.

If you work with women you must be ready to take sometime to Study their mood swings, know when to give her a smile, know when to avoid contact with her, know when to start a conversation, know when to complement her, know when to come to her to say 'I apologize, I am sorry' (even when you are sure you are correct) because women are always 'right', she will later discover she was wrong but dont ever expect her to come back to say 'I am sorry, I apologize, I was wrong' but they always make up for their mistakes in other ways.

It is quite easy to work with domineering female bosses if you know the rules and refuse to get frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 9:54am On May 25, 2016
Taryur3:

Don't tell me you are a boss.
what do you think? but for security reasons....
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by tjmc: 10:08am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:

so complementing her praising her and all these you wrote are they the reason he was employed. una wahala reach 999 storey building

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by cocktopuss: 10:08am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
ha ha! men sha, do you all want us to list what women go through under male bosses? I only advised d guy to try those, maybe it will work, not that I enjoy them myself. why the insults?

There's nothing insulting about wat I said. I don't have to cater to my female bosses' emotional needs since I'm not her husband. Only there to work....

I'm no woman so I don't know how women feel working under a man, one thing I know is that for women its worse working under a fellow woman....

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by guji(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2016
i worked with women as my supervisors in three different departments in a banking sector, i have never enjoyed working with any of them. i promised this should be the last time i would work with woman as my leader, the experience was so bad.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by cocktopuss: 10:13am On May 25, 2016
que4:
My first job was with a man. He could moody as hell and quite frankly I was happy leaving.

Second was with a woman. Very inspirational but crafty and vindictive. Also a troublemaker and landed her entire staff in prison while she was tucked awaybsafely outside Nigeria. Still ok to work for but gosh... I like my freedom.

The third was a woman I grew to HATE. She was manipulative, arrogant, bossy.... Some of the things she did made no sense and was at the detriment of her company. I learnt how to be patient with her till i discovered her ethics was poisoning my life and I told her goodbye. She still found a way to blame my leaving on me. Wish her very well.

So what's left? A computer or be your own boss.

Maybe u might also need to do some introspection tongue

Btw the moody man seems like your best experience
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 10:15am On May 25, 2016
Sorry @Op, Just endure, its even worse if you have a Boss like “Brenda Mensah”
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 10:19am On May 25, 2016
summary: to those that love their job and don't want to loose it, being on the same page as your boss is important. i once had a male boss who hated me for just who I am, he understood little about the job and had to consult me for the most trivial things, even from management meetings. I offered to teach him, but his ego won't allow him. God it was hell under him until I went on my knees, and he was transferred. the female boss after him was similar, now, I'm trying my best not to be guilty of those things because I've been a victim
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by hob(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2016
i have had a female team leader and the experience was not palatable

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 10:41am On May 25, 2016
cocktopuss:

There's nothing insulting about wat I said. I don't have to cater to my female bosses' emotional needs since I'm not her husband. Only there to work....

I'm no woman so I don't know how women feel working under a man, one thing I know is that for women its worse working under a fellow woman....

ha don't go there, you dress better, wahala, you know more than her, problem, buy a better car, you go nearly die.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 10:44am On May 25, 2016
tjmc:

so complementing her praising her and all these you wrote are they the reason he was employed. una wahala reach 999 storey building
lol @ 999 storey building. men sha, women will do most of these things to be on the boss's good book.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Army 77rri Recruit Intake Exercise Ongoing At Army Barracks Onitsha / What business can 300k do / The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.