Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Women Bosses And Their Women Problem - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Women Bosses And Their Women Problem (29704 Views)

"Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man / Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / 7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mostyg(m): 6:54am On May 25, 2016
Women and power......

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:54am On May 25, 2016
AntiWailer:
You are simply a sexist.

Resign if you cnt stand a lady being your boss.

Remember one of the 48 laws of power.

"Never outshine your master"

She will deal with you and mess you up. She has every ground to get you kicked out

You were employed as a marketer and have not made any sales yet you want to go Head to head with your boss.

You should lick more than her ass since there is nothing special about u as an employee.

Even as a top performer, u shld learn to carry ur boss along and make her comfortable.

My career span over a decade and Female Bosses are the most caring and most reasonable if you read 48 laws of power early enough.
people can talk sha... Did u even though ad the part where he doesn't have the problem with her except she is a total jerk?

Besides, the guy knws his worth and that is all that matters. I won't mention name, but the company I worked last with before u started working for myself, I left becos of the boee female boss. And it wasn't only me, after I left, I visited and realised that the most active ones have left and are doing fine in their own.

The woman has destroyed the company. Even the unskilled labourers knew this and are lamenting.

A company that boasts of sales not less than 250million every two weeks couldn't make 45million in a month and she blames the officers when everyone knws the problem. I wish u find urself with such bosses

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by jmann2(m): 6:56am On May 25, 2016
shinery53:
Most women bosses are control freak.... they enjoy controlling another woman's husband
Spot on

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 6:56am On May 25, 2016
Nnemuka:
Just a month on the job and you want to push out your boss?
deal with it, she's female and has been in the job way before you.
if you want any of your proposal considered, meet her and explain in details to her.... the fact that she is "aggressive" doesnt stop her from being human. stop trying so hard to make her feel unwanted or a mediocre.

she is and will remain your boss so you either calm down and follow her instructions or resign.
just one month and the chap is already complaining. mtchewww
wtf U kidding me?
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by AntiWailer: 6:57am On May 25, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
people can talk sha... Did u even though ad the part where he doesn't have the problem with her except she is a total jerk?

Besides, the guy knws his worth and that is all that matters. I won't mention name, but the company I worked last with before u started working for myself, I left becos of the boee female boss. And it wasn't only me, after I left, I visited and realised that the most active ones have left and are doing fine in their own.

The woman has destroyed the company. Even the unskilled labourers knew this and are lamenting.

A company that boasts of sales not less than 250million every two weeks couldn't make 45million in a month and she blames the officers when everyone knws the problem. I wish u find urself with such bosses

Being a jerk has notin to do with her sex.

I av been with much more terrible guys but emotional intelligence saw me through.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by goingape: 6:57am On May 25, 2016
black female are wicked naturally!

6 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by neocortex: 6:58am On May 25, 2016
You cannot draw conclusion about women just because you have worked with
one before.
Even if you worked with a hundred female bosses , that isn't still enough to draw
conclusion.

I am certain that had this your boss being a male your topic would have
been : "my boss" not "my male boss".

There are countless male workers who suffer a worse fate under a male
boss but you won't hear any of them saying "why are men like this", just switch
the sexes and their story will change.

This same apply to ladies who usually claim that male bosses are sexual
predators.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by blank(f): 6:59am On May 25, 2016
I am an easy going boss. However, if you are a lazy employee, you will hate me. Once you can achieve results, I will leave you to do your work. I hardly interfere.

I am a hard worker and I detest lazy ITK employees. Please don't compliment me neither should you kiss up to me. It makes me feel you are covering up for lack of competence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by bayocanny: 6:59am On May 25, 2016
GSKing:

Try the bolded with me and I'll kill you.
More like throw your ass out of my company.
undecided
See them, smsh

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by goingape: 7:07am On May 25, 2016
blank:
I am an easy going boss. However, if you are a lazy employee, you will hate me. Once you can achieve results, I will leave you to do your work. I hardly interfere.

I am a hard worker and I detest lazy ITK employees. Please don't compliment me neither should you kiss up to me. It makes me feel you are covering up for lack of competence.
I do compliment my formal boss and and sometime bought something for her when COMING BACK!

unfortunately she is not a black WOMAN! I just don't know what you people think you are!

why is it that you black people like doing THINGS the hard WAY?

the pride of a woman is sometimes mistaken as a viper!

you are a boss in that company doesn't mean you are a boss forever! one thing I know many female especially the black ones are lacking is communication and interactive skill with ya employee! this isn't good for business

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Lightening: 7:08am On May 25, 2016
AntiWailer:
You are simply a sexist.

She will deal with you and mess you up. She has every ground to get you kicked out

You were employed as a marketer and have not made any sales yet you want to go Head to head with your boss.

You should lick more than her ass since there is nothing special about u as an employee.

Even as a top performer, u shld learn to carry ur boss along and make her comfortable.

My career span over a decade and Female Bosses are the most caring and most reasonable if you read 48 laws of power early enough.

You dnt have to tell her she is good looking.

I once chatted a female boss telling her to calm down that I can feel the pressure from the top and I am working with my guys (team) to ensure things get better soon. I told her to promise me that the weekend will be 4 her family while trusting us to get things done.
(Note: I was not feeling any pressure. I was just inspired to encourage her)

She replied my chat that she was moved to tears and I just lifted a burden.She said she had d best weekend in a while when we met on Monday.

2-1 or first class is not enough, you have to be emotionally intelligent to get to the top.

Bros you nailed it precisely. You must understand the emotions of women to survive as a reportee. Humility and loyalty are key to having her hand over the whole department to you. From experience

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by osuntokun(m): 7:09am On May 25, 2016
Women are human, I have worked under them for over 10 years and I think they are good to work with.
1. You success at work is based strongly on your relationship with your boss. If you are technically dull and your supervisor believes in you, he can bring the best out of you and even when you are not performing, he or she rates you higher. If your supervisor gives you a fantastic appraisal, then you are good at your work.
2. Try to understand the nature of women and device an appropriate strategy to manage them. This will give you lasting peace and joy at work and at home.
3. Treat her the way you will treat your elder brother even if you are older than her. Chukwumerije (rip) gave dimeji bankole full respect despite the fact that he was older than dimeji s father. David Mark is doing same to Saraki. If dimeji and Saraki are young girls, they will still get those regards from those old folks.
4. Demonstrate humility whenever the opportunity comes. If you do, there is no way she will ever disgrace you where those who see you as a humble fellow are.
5. Don't take issue beyond that minute. She shouted or yelled at you? Smile, apologize to her on the spot and continue your work as if it never happened.
6. On a good day, compliment her ask her of her family and her children, tell her about your family too.
7. Women are emotional, buy her emotions for your work just the way you wooed your wife to love you. Say good things about her and let the gossiper pass it to her.

I worked with a guy as my supervisor recently and it was hell for me. Thank God I was moved to another unit where I report to a pretty young lady.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Dcaliphate(m): 7:10am On May 25, 2016
GSKing:

undecided
is it that bad to compliment one's boss?
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by menstrualpad: 7:17am On May 25, 2016
GSKing:

undecided
Why? You sound insecure
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by nairamaverick(m): 7:25am On May 25, 2016
Please what product was the company into?

SLIDEwaxie:

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by FuckTheM0ds(m): 7:27am On May 25, 2016
goingape:
black female are wicked naturally!
hahahahahaha amor no allow them catch you here o lol you funny die
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Digriz(m): 7:30am On May 25, 2016
Working with a female boss will make u hate your job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by shamsuRana(m): 7:30am On May 25, 2016
seylex:
this happen to be my first female boss, and just 2 months of working together she is so typical of those ive read about. these are a few of their realities.
disclaimer - this is not representative of all women just the type of my boss.

a little background.
I was employed as a marketing and business development manager for a new product. she was not in the country during the recruitment exercise-out of the country) so she didn't know me from adam. Ive heard a lot of stories of how she was very insensitive, bossy and a control freak an admin officer with priviledge information said i was employed because of my calmness during the interview to cancel out her aggressive character. well i kept an open mind, however upon her arrival our first meeting betrayed her so much as she felt she was not in control of my person. just a month to the job i already had proposals on ground that will restructure the company and re-position it for the market. well since then its been a tug of war between us both.

All my requests and moves were rebuffed, all support was literally non existent. well marketing happens to be a cost centre in itself, sales brings in the money. many dont know the difference though including my boss. i managed the two role independently despite all the challenges, but we are yet to make sales.

she pretends as if she doesnt know why we are not making sales. and shes using that as a pedestal to victimize me. she copies the HR on unnecessary issues and quite frankly its frustrating.

well after all these i had to understand her and why we may never gel -

1. women bosses are arrogant
2. they always want to be in control
3. they are mostly lazy themselves
4. they are mostly insecure

at least my boss is all the above and more.

well, she wants me to lick her a**, but Im never doing all of that. I know over time we may blend but for now its so annoying. i feel like leaving already. Guys with experience should please give honest advise to a distressed worker.

@lalastical

thing with female bosses are;if they like you,its a problem.If they don't,its another.I had one some few months back.we were in good terms and likes my company just to make her laugh.The arrogance she displays are to my female colleagues,but not me.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Edusouls(m): 7:32am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
well, I don't know what my own staff will say about me but female bosses ain't that bad. well my tips, be warm to her, compliment her dressing, do the work she assigned to you plus extra, seek her opinions on things like you really need her help. in all, do your best, and if it isn't enough, na she get wahala
and all these things are to try flatter an insensitive,arrogant and proud woman boss...it wont work,you women are difficult, a creation half baked, even God himself avoid women cos una wahala don tire am,talkless of men..i dont blame you women shaa,the western education, and satan inspired feminism have given u inferior and faulty beings the chance to head the lions of God,the choosen ones men, in some places.,men has had enough of these anomalies it will soon be permanently corrected...

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Goodplace: 7:33am On May 25, 2016
female bosses are a whole lot of nagging machine. An experience with a female boss in one of the entertainment center in Port Harcourt, She is a dictator she wants every one to virtually worship her in the office and she is the author of office politics. if she feels you are not loyal or she does not just like you she tends to plans how to sack you. I hate female bosses

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Dexema(m): 7:33am On May 25, 2016
I agree it's wrong to generalise, but most female bosses are not normal or predictable, my own former boss was one friggin "cruella de vil" all the advice of appealing to her doesn't just work even when you are performing. she is barely happy at work and keeps a cloud on her brows 95% of the time and it seems sometimes she's just waiting for you to make an error so she can have a field day shredding your internal organs.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Audray(f): 7:36am On May 25, 2016
AntiWailer:
You are simply a sexist.

You dnt have to tell her she is good looking.

I once chatted a female boss telling her to calm down that I can feel the pressure from the top and I am working with my guys (team) to ensure things get better soon. I told her to promise me that the weekend will be 4 her family while trusting us to get things done.
(Note: I was not feeling any pressure. I was just inspired to encourage her)

She replied my chat that she was moved to tears and I just lifted a burden.She said she had d best weekend in a while when we met on Monday.

2-1 or first class is not enough, you have to be emotionally intelligent to get to the top.

Gbam! You've said it all!

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Goodplace: 7:39am On May 25, 2016
female bosses are a whole lot of nagging machine. An experience with a female boss with one of the entertainment center here in port Harcourt is something else. She is a dictator, she wants everyone to virtually worship her. if she feels you are not loyal to her or she doesnot like you she tends to plan to sack you. and she is the author of office politics. I hate female bosses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by oluwarantimi(f): 7:42am On May 25, 2016
I have been working for a year+ now with my boss. She is a female and she is horribly insane, cruel, and dramatic. Sometimes my collegues and I wonder if she has had psychological issues that made her what she is today. Then One day she told us the story of how she worked for close to 14years for a terribly wicked boss (male) and how she swore she will give him the talk of his life the day she resigned. Then we stopped wondering and started praying because we see now that it is an illness. I am female, I am not wicked and I pray to God that whatever makes female bosses wicked won't make me so when I become a boss.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Digriz(m): 7:45am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
well, I don't know what my own staff will say about me but female bosses ain't that bad. well my tips, be warm to her, compliment her dressing, do the work she assigned to you plus extra, seek her opinions on things like you really need her help. in all, do your best, and if it isn't enough, na she get wahala
I once worked under one and all what u listed were applied by me bt u know what,she then turns me to her slave,errand boy. She will call me a sweet name and be using me as her houseboy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Familyman007(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2016
Jst observe n study her carefully.Guess u will understand her wif tym..Who knws d presure she's also getting 4rm d OGA @ D TOP...
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by 1miccza: 7:52am On May 25, 2016
seylex:
this happen to be my first female boss, and just 2 months of working together she is so typical of those ive read about. these are a few of their realities.
disclaimer - this is not representative of all women just the type of my boss.

a little background.
I was employed as a marketing and business development manager for a new product. she was not in the country during the recruitment exercise-out of the country) so she didn't know me from adam. Ive heard a lot of stories of how she was very insensitive, bossy and a control freak an admin officer with priviledge information said i was employed because of my calmness during the interview to cancel out her aggressive character. well i kept an open mind, however upon her arrival our first memeting betrayed her so much as she felt she was not in control of my person. just a month to the job i already had proposals on ground that will restructure the company and re-position it for the market. well since then its been a tug of war between us both.

All my requests and moves were rebuffed, all support was literally non existent. well marketing happens to be a cost centre in itself, sales brings in the money. many dont know the difference though including my boss. i managed the two role independently despite all the challenges, but we are yet to make sales.

she pretends as if she doesnt know why we are not making sales. and shes using that as a pedestal to victimize me. she copies the HR on unnecessary issues and quite frankly its frustrating.

well after all these i had to understand her and why we may never gel -

1. women bosses are arrogant
2. they always want to be in control
3. they are mostly lazy themselves
4. they are mostly insecure

at least my boss is all the above and more.

well, she wants me to lick her a**, but Im never doing all of that. I know over time we may blend but for now its so annoying. i feel like leaving already. Guys with experience should please give honest advise to a distressed worker.

@lalastical

I quite understand where you're coming from bro. Female bosses can really be treacherous and horrible,just keep hanging in there and keep away from her bad side...
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Edusouls(m): 7:53am On May 25, 2016
all these talks are different opinions, the summary is that the natural law is indispensable and ultimate, women been the more inferior creatures to men has to be always under men for best results, any other way will be vry counterproductive,i blame the mess on the spread of western education,feminism that empowered women and gave them false sense and dillusion that they are equal to men, leading to the aborminations we see today, women heading men in places of work and telling their natural masters how things should be done...

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by waynejesus: 7:54am On May 25, 2016
that guy is f*****cking i could remember wen.i.was working with onw.useless woman like that, omo mehn the woman show me pepper she want me to leak her foot but me omo.mushin good forbid huh, women una dey arrogant oooo

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Lumiere91: 7:55am On May 25, 2016
African Female bosses are lazy,unprofessional and suffer mostly from inferiority complex.i hav worked with six of them already.few african women are intelligent

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by joseph1832(m): 7:59am On May 25, 2016
GSKing:

undecided
Honestly, I like working with people with this mind set of yours... Just to show you, you're always prone to allow your emotion lead you by the nose.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by krak101(m): 8:01am On May 25, 2016
...You are simply a sexist.
And you are simply a dumb arse... Ever wondered why Robert Green the author of your beloved 48 laws of power never turned out the most powerful man on planet earth Answer that and you'll see your folly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Army 77rri Recruit Intake Exercise Ongoing At Army Barracks Onitsha / What business can 300k do / The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.