Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) (30468 Views)

From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals / Ayo Fayose Commissions A Road Named After Him In Ekiti (Photos) / Fayose Angry As He Commissions Hunters To Kill "Unknown Herdsmen" - Watch Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by Adesiji77: 9:04pm On May 23, 2016
Following the attack by some ruthless Fulani herdsmen yesterday on Ekiti community, killing two people and injuring scores of others, the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose has mobilised some local hunters with the sum of N2.5 million to engage the herders in a reprisal attack

Governor Ayodele Fayose, while addressing local hunters at Oke-Ako Ekiti today said;

"Before leaving you today, I will raise for you(hunters) #2.5m, Secondly, I will raise #2.5m again for the affected families."

"I want to say it very clearly, everything you want me to do, I will do. Because the moment you are not secured then I had better resigned as a governor."

"If I cannot provide adequate security for you, it is better for me to leave this office. The only reason you voted for me is because you know I am competent to do the needful in circumstances like this. Nobody will take Ekiti away from us."

"This killing of our people must stop. It is deliberate and we must take all actions to stop it.
"They have killed two, they have killed all of us, a fight against one Ekiti man is a fight against everybody, the President must rise up to the challenge and stand this decaying security situation in the face, we cannot continue like this."

"When they defeat you they will go to the next community, when they defeat that community they will go to another one, this is Ekiti Parapo war and it must be fought in the totality of our spirit. I stand by you, I stand for you and that is why you elected me at a time like this. I will not disappoint you."

"Like I said earlier, you want a Pick Up Van, today, today, I will give you a Pick Up."

"Let it be said, those people behind this herdsmen, we'll defeat you, we will defeat you. Enough of this political herdsmen operating as herdsmen but are Boko Haram, they are coming into South West gradually, we are going to fight you."

"Anywhere you find a cow that is grazing unnecessarily on our ways, call my attention, we will take them out. I am going to the house of assembly to criminalize grazing in wrong areas. You hide under grazing to kill people, you are operating in the night, where would you tell me someone grazing found AK47?"

"Some people are behind them, using AK 47, you rape my wife, you rape my children, if they attempt it, bring them down! Terminate their lives! If they claim they want to sleep with your wives, they want to touch your children, bring them down! Bring them down!"

"It is a war against Ekiti, it must be fought with the totality of our strength. God bless you, I want to reassure you, we'll provide the necessary security to keep you in your community. Don't run away, don't go to another community, it is your home and nobody will have drive you out of your home!"

http://www.newspunch.org/2016/05/gov-fayose-mobilizes-ekiti-hunters-n25m.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5KdwFJt9EE

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by ki02020(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2016
In as much as support fayose on this one, he must also be careful with the way he goes about handling things to avoid the synerio where the hunter get hunted by the federal might

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by Samunique(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2016
Having hunters as vigilante group is not bad but should be well managed and coordinated.

But there one part of this story I don't like, that says, " HE (FAYOSE ) MOBILIZED THE HUNTERS TO ENGAGE THE HERDSMEN IN REPRISAL ATTACK" hope this is not another media manipulation to discredit the bold effort of this man to defend his people since the federal government has turned a blind eye to the menace of these blood sucking demons.

Cause from his words the purpose of this group is to defend their land which is the only option left since the Fulani are more important to our President than the unity of this country if not so, he would have responded with high handedness the way he does (did) to NDA .

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by peteken: 9:28pm On May 23, 2016
the presidency obviously showing nonchalant attitude as regard to bringin d activities of dis fulani guys to control... however, state lyk benue should replicate dis commendable act by ekiti state as it becomes glaring dat FG r sympathizer of dis fulani ppl... dis is also corruption and not only whn money is looted..

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by oduastates: 9:30pm On May 23, 2016
The herdsmen already carry the tag of a terrorist group.
If there is anything 99% of yorubas can agree on, it is to be against anything that affects law, order and the operation of a modern lawful state.
If the people turned on the activities of OPC, when they morphed from a group against military dictatorship and repression to a group which turned itself into a lawless police force, Your guess is as good as mine when talking about their opinion of these herdsmen.
Afenifere renewal group has put out their own statement to go with the earlier statement from the PDP afenifere.
The message is clear. Yorubaland will not put up with backwardness and medieval mentality.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by bodeloja: 9:34pm On May 23, 2016
Dont we all just love Fayosi? grin

Enugu Gov shame on you.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by knightsTempler: 9:37pm On May 23, 2016
"When they defeat you they will go to the next community, when they defeat that community they will go to another one, this is Ekiti Parapo war and it must be fought in the totality of our spirit. I stand by you, I stand for you and that is why you elected me at a time like this. I will not disappoint you."

I'm shaking in my booths, now tell me why Fayose shouldn't be made the "indisputable warrior" of the Yoruba nation.

On behalf of my Igbo brothers on nairaland I'm bestowing on you the title of "Akwa akwuru" "ebube dike" of Ekiti the South west.

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by godoluwa(m): 9:41pm On May 23, 2016
GOOD JOB

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by odave: 9:54pm On May 23, 2016
I'm fully behind you fayose. This isn't benue. God bless you. Despite ur flaws like every other politician, you are boldn you are not like someone who go on fasting and prayer while they kill his people. Fire for fire abeg.

Don't forget to buy poison for them too. Kill them, poison their kins (cows)

angry

30 Likes

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by superstar1(m): 9:58pm On May 23, 2016
I am sure the terrorists herdsmen will think twice before showing their ugly faces in Ekiti again.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by Nature8(m): 10:32pm On May 23, 2016
I love this Governor Ayodele Fayose, I love the way he do his thing.. Not like that Enugu Governor that wants Enugu people to fast and pray for 2days.. Wetin be eim name again self? If I call him a fooool now, them go say I don insult people's Governor..

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by bettercreature(m): 10:46pm On May 23, 2016
We seriously need to be carefull and we must realise our tribes are in the north as well,i won't be surprise if Fulani order all the Yoruba and Igbos in their various cities to close their shops
To be sincere i would have done that if i were to be one of their state governors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by TechRev: 10:48pm On May 23, 2016
God Bless Fayose. The blood of the innocent spilled are crying for vengeance and justice.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by oduastates: 10:49pm On May 23, 2016
bettercreature:
We seriously need to be carefull and we must realise our tribes are in the north as well,i won't be surprise if Fulani order all the Yoruba and Igbos in their various cities to close their shops
To be sincere i would have done that if i were to be one of their state governors

Are they going about burning down villages and mosque?

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by legendsilver(m): 10:54pm On May 23, 2016
First time I will say Fayose well done

13 Likes

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by Ojiofor: 10:56pm On May 23, 2016
Fayose is not a weeping GburuGburu.

14 Likes

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by ndcide(m): 1:10am On May 24, 2016
The buharideens are kicking themselves. They don't know whether to support Fayose on this or to attack him on this. They just can't swallow the proactive approach.They wished it was coming from buhari, so they can go on a jamboree. Some of them don't know if they;d just allow the terrorist to Kill their people, just to prove fayose wrong.

I can understand how they feel.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by RandomVic(m): 2:59am On May 24, 2016
Any measure to curtail these blood thirsty marauders is always welcome. Carry go Gov Fayose you seems to be the only Governor whose got balls of steel in this country.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by FagsamPHP(m): 3:32am On May 24, 2016
k
Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by Nobody: 4:32am On May 24, 2016
ki02020:
In as much as support fayose on this one, he must also be careful with the way he goes about handling things to avoid the synerio where the hunter get hunted by the federal might

Are you suggesting Federal might is the background sponsor of wanton destruction of Southern lives by the use of herdsmen as a cheap tool?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by cold(m): 4:56am On May 24, 2016
Talking tough, acting tough. This should be coming from the president. Alas, it's a state governor that has taken the most decisive step yet. The irony.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by tomakint: 5:25am On May 24, 2016
ki02020:
Wrong analysis bro, nothing like federal might here..... You wondered why Buhari a whole President is mute or just paying lip service to the atrocities of these bastaards? undecided this is the first time a Governor is talking tough against these worthless herdsmen not even Gov Ortom (Gov of Benue State) whose state was ravished talked this tough. Fayose deserves the highest position in this Country for acting like a man in charge. Buhari deserves to be impeached for his undue silence in the face of danger against the project he is heading - Nigeria. Buhari is not in charge.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by Pavore9: 5:34am On May 24, 2016
Confronting fear of conflict can go a long way in minimizing the possibility of one arising. The armed herdsmen will certainly have something to think about. All l want is that the hunters be properly co-ordinated.

8 Likes

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by Nobody: 5:37am On May 24, 2016
We should just name Fayose the Aare Ona Kankanfo. Such an inspiring battle cry. He has obviously learnt his lesson from how Obj instigated insecurity which led to the State of Emmergency in his first tenure . Now he would do everything to nip it in the bud. Smart politician.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by Flexherbal(m): 5:39am On May 24, 2016
The killings must stop.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by blackpanda: 5:42am On May 24, 2016
This man fayose is so stupid! Has he learnt nothing from all that has happened in nigeria. By the time those hunters turn their weapons on innocent citizens tomorrow, he would have succeeded in setting the stage for another bh!
Fayose is a brainless goat aswear

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by tomakint: 6:00am On May 24, 2016
blackpanda:
This man fayose is so stupid! Has he learnt nothing from all that has happened in nigeria. By the time those hunters turn their weapons on innocent citizens tomorrow, he would have succeeded in setting the stage for another bh!
Check it, you have LOST it! If at your age you are reasoning like this.....then I am afraid of what the future holds.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by blackpanda: 6:05am On May 24, 2016
tomakint:

Check it, you have LOST it! If at your age you are reasoning like this.....then I am afraid of what the future holds.

You have said nothing with ur childish rants.
This is exactly what happened in Jos that turn the city to a war zone with enough bloodbath. Anytime govt arms private citizens with weapons, its only disaster waiting to happen.

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by Almajiri1: 6:08am On May 24, 2016
Fayose is the REAL war time General.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by odave: 6:09am On May 24, 2016
blackpanda:

So what's ur suggestion? He should embark of prayer and fasting? He should fold his hand while they occupy his state and kill his people like that of benue? When ur god buhari won't do anything to curtail d menance of his brothers, he should continue begging him for help isn't it? Surely hatred has tendency of blindfolding people.
U can hate him fayose, but Mr, he did the right thing!

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by blackpanda: 6:14am On May 24, 2016
odave:

So what's ur suggestion? He should embark of prayer and fasting? He should fold his hand while they occupy his state and kill his people like that of benue? When ur god buhari won't do anything to curtail d menance of his brothers, he should continue begging him for help isn't it? Surely hatred has tendency of blindfolding people.
U can hate him fayose, but Mr, he did the right thing!

Apparently your comment is not so smart. This same situation has repeated itself severally, in jos and the north east. Fayose is setting the stage for another insurgency. Govt shld never be seen to support an eye for an eye. That is a sure recipe for chaos. So if fayose supports the killing of fulani herdsmen, what do u think will happen in all the northern states?? Shld they also support the killing? Think before u blab!

And no, I dont hate fayose

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) by tomakint: 6:19am On May 24, 2016
blackpanda:

You have said nothing with ur childish rants.
This is exactly what happened in Jos that turn the city to a war zone with enough bloodbath. Anytime govt arms private citizens with weapons, its only disaster waiting to happen.
Kid, so because what happened in Jos was not well handled you think the Ekiti episode will follow suit? Think like a man for once, these worthless bastaards must be vehemently resisted by every available means. No to destruction of human lives again....keep your strategy till you become Governor of your State and faced with the same scenario as Fayose undecided

35 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pandora Papers: How Governor Bagudu Amassed Billions And How He Is Hiding It / Atiku Commissions The Chicken Cottage In Yola (Photos) / Pictures From ICC Abuja As Buhari Receives Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.