Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals (3377 Views)

Youths Demand For Guns To Fight Herdsmen In Delta State / Herdsmen Attack : We Will Fight Herdsmen With Our Charms : Yoruba Elders Boasts! / Mambilla Crisis:NAF Situate Base In Sadauna LGA,Taraba,To Fight Herdsmen(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 6:16am On Jan 23, 2018
INFO

Don't fight fulani herdsmen. Combine & spray the following chemicals on your farm:

Atrazine,
Chlorpyrifos,
Metolachlor,

This chemicals controls pest, insect & weeds. When sprayed on stem & leaves, any cow that eats ur crops dies. No veterinary doctor can save such cow

[img]https://2.bp..com/-11_6ebTX0kU/V_97gaQ6IJI/AAAAAAAAYxg/fIRj9NNJBgwT6rpXuQTjj7JRIUtT2AatwCLcB/s1600/dead%2Bcows.jpg[/img]

9 Likes

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 6:17am On Jan 23, 2018
but biko, fight them as well.
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by marooh: 6:21am On Jan 23, 2018
I think this is best option for now!

grin
Pikin wey talk say her mama no go sleep

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Mynd44: 6:29am On Jan 23, 2018
I can think of a couple of reasons why this is a silly idea. Top been

You are the person that will buy the same poisoned cow in the beef market and kill yourself eventually. If you dont, your uncle, aunt, parents, siblings, children, neighbor, pastor, church members will.

When you spray too much of this on the plants and the rain washes them into the soil and it kills off the nutrients in the soil, you will kuku join the next truck to the city to look for job cos your farm will become barren.

If your soil is not infected, the chemicals go down into the water table or the nearest drainage, canala and stream/river which you drink or swim, undergoes chemical changes and you start catching all sorts of new strains of illness and your pregnant women give birth to children with birth defects.

But these are just minor, I am totally sure it is worth it

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by emmie14: 6:33am On Jan 23, 2018
Mynd44:
I can think of a couple of reasons why this is a silly idea. Top being

You are the person that will buy the same poisoned cow in the beef market and kill yourself eventually. If you dont, your uncle, aunt, parents, siblings, children, neighbor, pastor, church members will.

When you spray too much of this on the plants and the rain washes them into the soil and it kills off the nutrients in the soil, you will kuku join the next truck to the city to look for job cos your farm will become barren.

If your soil is not infected, the chemicals go down into the water table or the nearest drainage, canala and stream/river which you drink or swim, undergoes chemical changes and you start catching all sorts of new strains of illness and your pregnant women give birth to children with birth defects.

This is the solution to this wickedness.

4 Likes

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by SmallmebigGod: 6:43am On Jan 23, 2018
emmie14:

This is the solution to this wickedness.
It makes the right person appears like he is the wrong guy
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 23, 2018
Mynd44:

truth and wise words spotted here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 6:47am On Jan 23, 2018
Mynd44:

lol nobody will buy poisoned cow beef. The thing will drop dead almost immediately. By that time, if you want to buy a carcass to do Xmas, na your own.

and biko drink pure water from now till 2050 until they return to Gambia. Otherwise, buy a gun.

7 Likes

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by mysticwarrior(m): 6:51am On Jan 23, 2018
that is not a solution but rather it will increase the problem, those Fulani herdsmen don't forgive and their cows are more important to them than human lives, they will come back and slaughter people living in the surrounding territory, the best solution is to make a law preventing them from entering farmers land, just like Fayose is doing.

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by emmie14: 6:54am On Jan 23, 2018
SmallmebigGod:

It makes the right person appears like he is the wrong guy
Those guys are cruel and cruelty is match to them. You're busy defending cows, at what extent have you reflected on the lives of people ofTaraba, Benue Enugu. Few days ago chief Olu falaye's farm was destroyed. Any action that will stop them is welcome. They herdsmen atrocities have no regards for lives and property and the federal government -Buhari seems wick to stop his brothers. Safe defence against mindlessness' is the available option.

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:56am On Jan 23, 2018
In addition to what Mynd44 stated, if thier cows die from eating poison on that farm those sub-humans will come back for blood.

3 Likes

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:58am On Jan 23, 2018
emmie14:

Those guys are cruel and cruelty is match to them. You're busy defending cows, at what extent have you reflected on the lives of people ofTaraba, Benue Enugu. Few days ago chief Olu falaye's farm was destroyed. Any action that will stop them is welcome. They herdsmen atrocities have no regards for lives and property and the federal government -Buhari seems wick to stop his brothers. Safe defence against mindlessness' is the available option.
Killing their cows won't solve sh¡t, it will only probably get worse. They don't forgive and we all know that.

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ipobarecriminals: 7:05am On Jan 23, 2018
sad undecided d same Niagra dat ate lizards. Tortoise will buy and eat it.
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by DieBuhari: 7:13am On Jan 23, 2018
See the real solution below

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Lanceslot(m): 7:22am On Jan 23, 2018
DieBuhari:
See the real solution below
Do you think its possible ?
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by DieBuhari: 7:26am On Jan 23, 2018
Lanceslot:
Do you think its possible ?
Yes
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by DoyenExchange: 7:59am On Jan 23, 2018
This is really serious! See disaster!
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Partnerbiz(f): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2018
Nawao.
This country is in a shambles.
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Annie939(f): 8:08am On Jan 23, 2018
very simple on my way to my farm

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Elukapendragon(m): 8:32am On Jan 23, 2018
I know it wont make front page because the news wont benefit the 1st class citizen (foolanis aka shitholes)

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 23, 2018
Jjj
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Kulas: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2018
One thing many of you dont understand is that these Fulanis and some Hausas are entirely different from Southerners and Middle belt in terms of shedding blood of human beings. They dont value human lives like southerners/Middle belt or simply put, like christians.We are not supposed to be with them together as one country because we dont share any single compartibility with them, no thanks to Lord Lugard. They can kill at anytime without remorse. So you think when you spray chemical and it kill their cows, you will go free?. No, you are not, they must surely come to you either in your farm or invade your town.You are not safe. The best way is to reject them and let others emulate Gov. Fayose of Ekiti state. Action Governor!

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by emmie14: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2018
YoungBlackRico:
Killing their cows won't solve sh¡t, it will only probably get worse. They don't forgive and we all know that.

Attack is the best method for defense

2 Likes

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ivandragon: 10:15am On Jan 23, 2018
spray too much, crops get contaminated...

contaminated crop gets consumed by humans...

humans get sick, develop cancer & other crazy genetic defects...

foreign countries reject farm produce from Nigeria citing over use of chemicals...

Nigeria loses foreign income from agriculture...

Fulani herdsmen learn new trick, burns entire farms... if their cows won't eat, then crops won't grow...

violence between farmers & herdsmen continue...

poisoning crops will just increase the cycle of violence. the way forward is still ranching but the herdsmen should run it as private business just as every other business person in the agric sector...

then education is key...

2 Likes

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 23, 2018
The approach of poisoning cows or boycotting beef are all temporary and cosmetic.

Since they are using the law backed by political power, the permanent solution is to approach it legally and politically.

For crying out loud these guys are minorities! The camouflage of religion makes them look like majority.

If only every other muslims in Nigeria refuses to allow themselves to be used as usual by these Fulanis as instruments of agitation.

Other muslims need to understand that Fulanis are more supremacists than islamic. They cannot even allow other tribes lead them in prayers in their mosque!

They should never be allowed to smell power again simple

If not there is no more a country called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by mysticwarrior(m): 10:46am On Jan 23, 2018
emmie14:

Attack is the best method for defense
I just pity u, those fulani warriors come when u don't expect them, it might take a whole year, they mobilize their fighters from guinea, Mali, bokina Faso,Niger and Sudan, their fierce attack is usually carried out between 3:30 to 4:30am, their warriors are equipped with charms that makes them to appear invisible, believe me it is better to experience a boko haram attack than to witness a fulani attack, am not saying all these to glorify their condemnable deeds, am only trying to correct your impression of attacking them first as the circle will keep repeating itself, u can only succeed in killing some of their cattles but u don't stand a chance against their vicious fighters who disappears into tin air after fighting.

2 Likes

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 23, 2018
HsLBroker:
truth and wise words spotted here

There is hardly any truth or wisdom in what that guy wrote. I know he's a moderator but we are not obligated to swallow everything he or any other moderator says hook, line and sinker.
Firstly, he claims people will end up buying the poisoned cows. BULLSHIT!! Last I checked people to go abattoirs to have cows killed in their presence before purchase. Also do you even know how long it will take them to transport the carcass to the marketplace?
Secondly, he says the crops would be a waste. So what? Whether or not the farmers spray their crops, they would eventually be a waste because those blood sucking nincompoops would damage whatever is left that their cattle did not consume.
Lastly, there are chemicals for treating water in pools. The reason I won't dismiss his last point completely is because of the innocent villagers whose source of water happens to be the rivers and streams in close proximity to the farms. Aside that all he said holds no water.
Are we saying these farmers should keep toiling day and night just for some fools to come and destroy their hardwork?
And when the try to call them to order, they get killed on top of their labor?
I am beginning to think some of these moderators have been compromised hence why they think southerners should fold their arms and watch their labour and possibly their lives get wasted.
Something is definitely not right with nairaland moderators.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by cursedAbiola(f): 11:18am On Jan 23, 2018
Mynd44:
I can think of a couple of reasons why this is a silly idea. Top been

hmmm i agree with you for the first time angry
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ckmayoca: 11:24am On Jan 23, 2018
if you kill herdsmen cow wit poison and they gets to know , just don't go to ur farm with ur family again because everyone seen on the farm will be slaughtered to get revenge.

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 23, 2018
africangirl000:

There is hardly any truth or wisdom in what that guy wrote. I know he's a moderator but we are not obligated to swallow everything he or any other moderator says hook, line and sinker.
Firstly, he claims people will end up buying the poisoned cows. BULLSHIT!! Last I checked people to go abattoirs to have cows killed in their presence before purchase. Also do you even know how long it will take them to transport the carcass to the marketplace?
Secondly, he says the crops would be a waste. So what? Whether or not the farmers spray their crops, they would eventually be a waste because those blood sucking nincompoops would damage whatever is left that their cattle did not consume.
Lastly, there are chemicals for treating water in pools. The reason I won't dismiss his last point completely is because of the innocent villagers whose source of water happens to be the rivers and streams in close proximity to the farms. Aside that all he said holds no water.
Are we saying these farmers should keep toiling day and night just for some fools to come and destroy their hardwork?
And when the try to call them to order, they get killed on top of their labor?
I am beginning to think some of these moderators have been compromised hence why they think southerners should fold their arms and watch their labour and possibly their lives get wasted.
Something is definitely not right with nairaland moderators.
you have a good point

3 Likes

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ckmayoca: 11:29am On Jan 23, 2018
marooh:
I think this is best option for now!
grin Pikin wey talk say her mama no go sleep
with such idea, the revenge attack go bloody and govt go sanction u also.

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 23, 2018
ckmayoca:

with such idea, the revenge attack go bloody and govt go sanction u also.
Nonsense!! U have every right to sue the government if such happens. If I buy a plot of land, what I do on or with it is not the business of anybody. I can choose to plant maize, beans or leave it empty. It is my property. I can choose to plant cactus or poison the crops there for personal reasons. It is still no one's business. If the government cannot sanction tresspassers who think they can invade someone else's land without permission then the government has NO right to sanction me for doing as I please on a land I bought with my money.
I am honestly tired of nigerians not knowing their rights.

If I surround my building with electric wires and a thief while trying to break in gets electrocuted, will I be sanctioned?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? / See What Was Allegedly Found In Nigeria That Is Causing Reaction On Social / Breaking Up Nigeria Because Of Fulanis Is DUMB. Discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.