Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants (10776 Views)

AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) / FG To Suspend Military Offensive Against Militants / Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by MrDavidson: 10:26pm On May 23, 2016
Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers state, says nobody will be shielded from the military operations against militants.

He was speaking on Monday when he received the military high command in his office ahead of President Muhammadu Buhari-ordered crackdown on the militants who are attacking pipelines.

Wike said: “As a government, we cannot support economic sabotage. What is going on is economic sabotage. Production is being negatively affected, with the revenue of states dwindling.

“There are ways to channel grievances and it is wrong to do what will negatively affect the people of the region.”

He assured the military high command that the people of Rivers state will support efforts to secure the area.

Wike said all Niger Delta governors oppose the use of violence to settle grievances.

The governors are billed to meet with Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on June 7 to discuss the security situation in the region, he said.

In the military team were Abayomi Olonisakin, a general and chief of defence staff; Tukur Buratai, lt. general and chief of army staff; Ibok Ibas, vice admiral and chief of naval staff; an Sadiq Abubakar, air marshal and chief of air staff.

Olonisakin said the resurgence in militancy in the Niger Delta is of serious concern to the military.

https://www.thecable.ng/wike-backs-military-operations-militants

1 Share

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by otokx(m): 10:47pm On May 23, 2016
Wonders shall never cease in planet earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by dunkem21(m): 10:51pm On May 23, 2016
The FG has taken a right step of dialogue though belated cool
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by Nature8(m): 10:59pm On May 23, 2016
Ok..
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by Joel3(m): 10:59pm On May 23, 2016
when the federal government controls the police and security men. the state government hands are tied concerning this. they will only assist and that's all.
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by QuotaSystem: 11:00pm On May 23, 2016
Wike is a Yoruba man! angry

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by fulanmafia: 11:02pm On May 23, 2016
QuotaSystem:

grin grin grin

The iPod terrorist apologists will blame Emir of Katsina for this.

22 Likes

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by Horus(m): 12:48am On May 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd4D_TaNGrI

[size=14pt]Oil Pipeline Attacks: Nigeria's Crude Oil Production Drops[/size]
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by funlord(m): 2:01am On May 24, 2016
grin
QuotaSystem:

Medical report;

" 1; Extremely high levels of unnecessary painment......check!

2; Consistent fear of the odua people...check!

3; Perennial political myopia....check!

4; Pious only in money related affairs... check"

Hmmmm.......definitely suffering from full blown "IGBOITIS IPOBISM"!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by tit(f): 2:04am On May 24, 2016
nice move by wike.
the apc terrorists who have been blasting our pipeline will soon start crying

4 Likes

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by Sweetlemon(f): 2:41am On May 24, 2016
tit:
nice move by wike.

For once try to think with your head and not your tits.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by tammie24: 7:13am On May 24, 2016
F
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by Wuuworld(m): 7:14am On May 24, 2016
Good morning Africans and the rest of the World..

Na this one better pass..

No be today yash don dey back..
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by EngrIdris: 7:14am On May 24, 2016
wow
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by SuperSupremo(m): 7:14am On May 24, 2016
Good steps to get rid of nation wreckers

Cause havoc in their lives before they cause havoc to the masses

1 Like

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by Smartsyn(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2016
The military visited him, ofcourse he'll tell them what they'll like to hear. If the militants visit him, he'll still tell them to carry-go, that the military cannot stop them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by sweatlana: 7:15am On May 24, 2016
That's my governor. There must be a better way to solve our problems than militancy.
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by omolola15(m): 7:16am On May 24, 2016
QuotaSystem:

I was expecting to hear this from them. As he's now saying the truth. That makes him less igbo abi? I'm not surprised as una don kuku turn Rochas to hausa man.

See painment. Wike has been making sense with the FG lately. I think he wants to become 1 of the zombies grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by Progressive01(m): 7:17am On May 24, 2016
Carrot and stick. Not a bad idea.
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by ichidodo: 7:18am On May 24, 2016
Then Wike must be a stupid f**king arsehole.......Proudly 5%, though.
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by tammie24: 7:18am On May 24, 2016
What do you expect Wike to say na

I'm happy he's not a dull man sha
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by sweatlana: 7:18am On May 24, 2016
QuotaSystem:
He is not. The blowing up of pipe lines affect his states igr which we depend on now

2 Likes

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by joey150(m): 7:18am On May 24, 2016
Dapper military outfit. Na dat one m eyes see
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by engrMikemd(m): 7:18am On May 24, 2016
Good move.
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by KINGinVAHALA: 7:18am On May 24, 2016
Hahahaha, even wicked wike doesn't want to be in the black book of my amiable and no nonsense president.

How come this wike has been supporting every moves and policies of this government ever since his name was mentioned in a scam by his state party secretary?

Next for him is to pay a thank you visit with river's elders to buhari for making their son, ameachi, a minister.

MEANWHILE, DONT FORGET TO SUPPORT AND VOTE REFINER FOR MISS NAIRALAND 2016

2 Likes

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by Lordmykel(m): 7:19am On May 24, 2016
Kikikikiiki Niger Delta Avengers, when i first heard this i was thinking of

Captain Nigeria As Captain America.

Mud Man As Iron Man.

Obasenjo As The Hulk.

Osibanjo As Thor.

Patience Jonathan As Black widow.

Amechi As Vision.

President Buhari As Hawk eye.

Shebi them complete??

1 Like

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by ORACLE1975(m): 7:19am On May 24, 2016
What
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by druboon404: 7:21am On May 24, 2016
I voted for Buhari a fulani man, I can't remember voting for merlin or a miracle worker. So I never expected Merlin's magic or miracles to happen, I voted for change and not magic.16 years misrule can not be repaired in 1 year so Nigerians let's be patient.......
#IStandWithBuhari#
let the haters and Wailers continue wailing..
Pdp 16 yrs of looting and misrule they are looking for APC magician to fix it in a year. Yeye

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by otukpo(f): 7:21am On May 24, 2016
What will he do before?

Do you want them to say he is the one sponsoring them?
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by wins18(m): 7:22am On May 24, 2016
land for sale for #200 airtel airtime
Re: Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants by pelhurmy(m): 7:23am On May 24, 2016
tit:
nice move by wike.
Are u just trying to seek attention OR ur thinking faculty is no longer functioning well?

Either way, u need serious deliverance

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: “we Have Won The War, We Need To Win The Peace” – Army / Breaking: Officiating Imams Arrived Buhari/sadiya ah Wedding Venue (Photo) / Court Affirms Deregistration Of 74 Parties By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.