Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Christianity: Misunderstood By Many - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity: Misunderstood By Many (780 Views)

This Quotation Has Been Misunderstood! / Daddyfreeze Intentionally Misunderstood. / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity: Misunderstood By Many by kennykendo(m): 12:02pm On May 24, 2016
Dear friends,
I feel poised to speak up so as not to harbour thoughts in my mind. A lot of us hide their true character under the guise of religion. We are humans far from perfection, we have flaws (with some call demons), it still doesn't mean we can't decide within ourselves to become better persons. In Christianity for example, a lot of people who have been converted still have personal issues to deal with. If religion is taken aside then you would actually understand that we are living a mirage we call life. What does Christianity really mean? Has anyone really asked him or herself that question?. In the bible,
the disciples of Christ, were called Christians because, in Antioch people watched them and said they behave like Christ and people called them Christians because they lived the life of Christ and they were Christ that they could see. As a believer, you must not carry bibles as large as Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary Edition X just to be able to preach and convert people, neither do you have to sing at the loudest level of your voice, pull your hair or shout down heaven, No. Just like maturity is the ability of a
human to handle small things in big ways, Christianity is a lifestyle. The early Christians were persecuted but they never cursed anyone, I wanna ask this question, if Jesus was a drunk, a womanizer, a chain smoker, malice bearer or thief, would he have been able to attract multitudes while preaching? No. If you wanna let the world know you are a Christian, your lifestyle alone will speak for you, I ain't talking about sleeping in church or wearing gowns from hair to toe or to avoid trousers, no I am talking about being a mirror of God because we are creations of his image. Even when an evil man wants to convert you to his cult he would provide your needs so as to be able to trap you as well live a life of affluence which is a fruit of their deeds..... if the evil men do this why can't Christians provide that peaceful atmosphere and be able to use that to win souls?. We need to run a self check on ourselves, clear the log in your eyes before removing whatever is in the eye of your neighbor. Charity begins at home. This is my poised two cents. Christianity needs overhauling in the lives of so many "BELIEVERS"
Re: Christianity: Misunderstood By Many by davien(m): 1:00pm On May 24, 2016
As many people run away from religion, Christianity has ran into the gutters and rehashed itself as a lifestyle....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Last Sermon Of The Holy Prophet Muhammed / Genesis 1:28 / KOWA Party Wishes Nigerians A Happy Eid Mubarak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.