Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa - NYSC (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa (24372 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / Corper Proposes To Female Colleague In Jigawa Camp? (Photos) / Corps Member In Osun Commmissions Borehole In This Recession Period (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by JobForNigeria: 11:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
Respect55:
Note:
This piece is aimed at enlightening Corp members who are posted to Jigawa for their service as well as enabling others who are posted to other states to have a mental knowledge of what is obtainable as a Corp member in Jigawa:'A New World,' as the Slogan goes.
Please do ignore all typographic errors as u read. They are not intended.

This piece will be coming in fractions as I wouldn't want to miss any vital part of the state behind as a result of unnecessary summaries.

LET'S ROLL!

I am a 2015 Batch A Corp member, from Ebonyi state who had the privilege to serve in that far north. I kud still remember wen I printed my call-up letter in April last year n saw Jigawa State in it, I had no option den Dan to conclude Dat I wud hv to remobilise next time. After much thought n consideration, I decided to go. I haven't been to the North b4 den and trying to locate wia Jigawa is was an uphill task. I called many people I kud den and one later directed me to NYSC section in Nairaland here, Dat I wud get all I need. I obliged.

When I Checked in, I saw a thread abt Jigawa Batch A Corp members n I quickly followed it up. From there, we created a Whatsapp group and it worked wonders. I left Ebonyi to Anambara state on 4th May to be precise because it is always advisable to Leave a day before camp opening. Wen I got to Awka, I asked of The Young Shall Grow Motors Park and an Okada man took me there. Wen I got there, I was surprised to see other Corp members who were going to North as well is large numbers. Fear n anxiety was the order of Dat day n after all said n done, we left Awka around 6pm to jigawa enroute Kano.

We drove all through the night till morning yet we hadn't gotten to Kano not to talk of finding our way to jigawa. By God's Grace, we arrived Kano around 9a.m feeling sleepy n exhausted. Let me also take this time to advise those of u who are preparing to pass through such long -nyt journey to abstain from much fud n alcohol in particular because no one is goin to match break for u because u r pressed till u get to Abuja to refill gas.
From Kano, those of us going to jigawa boarded a Sienna to Fanusai camp at Jigawa which lasted for abt an hour n half.

More...

Please can we use your story on our blog??

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Ellixlimswag(m): 6:02am On Jun 08, 2016
nasiodamus:
very luvly piece,i totally enjoyed it. shame the north isn't as developed as the south..a typical zainab in the south would have a phone for communication and be a little independent. But who knows things may work out for good and you guys may cross paths..i wish you the best in your future en devours..see you @ d top.
a typical zainab in d south won't wash your clothe cook and fetch you water....... this write up just showed he fell for the girl because she was kind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2016
JobForNigeria:

Please can we use your story on our blog??
What do I stand to gain
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2016
Ellixlimswag:

a typical zainab in d south won't wash your clothe cook and fetch you water....... this write up just showed he fell for the girl because she was kind

Her kindness knew no bounds. She is an ideal girl
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by JobForNigeria: 11:18am On Jun 08, 2016
Respect55:

What do I stand to gain

Hi,

You shared it on Nairaland for free, and you weren't paid for it.

However, my blog will give you quality exposure to numerous visitors.

We would edit your story which would take a lot of time, and also make the story available to you and the general public.

Finally, we would include credit for your work, including contact details.
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
JobForNigeria:

Hi,

You shared it on Nairaland for free, and you weren't paid for it.

However, my blog will give you quality exposure to numerous visitors.

We would edit you story which would take a lot of time, and also make the story available to you and the general public.

Finally, we would include credit for your work, including contact details.

Anyway, you are free to use. But let editing be to correct grammatical errors, not to add to my stories. I mean the one dat might present a different shade to the message I passed on in the original write up. You know why? So that I will stil be accountable to what I wrote.
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by JobForNigeria: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
Respect55:

Anyway, you are free to use. But let editing be to correct grammatical errors, not to add to my stories. I mean the one dat might present a different shade to the message I passed on in the original write up. You know why? So that I will stil be accountable to what I wrote.

Thank you.

I understand what you mean. We would correct only grammatical and spelling errors.

Please send any details you want us to add to the write up including name, batch, pictures and so on via this link: http:///j4CSI0!!

If you have multiple pictures, contact me directly via Nairaland.

Thanks once again!

1 Like

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
JobForNigeria:

Thank you.

I understand what you mean. We would correct only grammatical and spelling errors.

Please send any details you want us to add to the write up including name, batch, pictures and so on via this link: http:///j4CSI0!!

If you have multiple pictures, contact me directly via Nairaland.

Thanks once again!

Unfortunately, I lost many pictures I took Dia wen I upgraded my fone without proper backup. U can choose any name u want. Use d pics I uploaded. If u need smtin else, send me private msg
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 12:09am On Oct 16, 2016
visita:
OP reading your last update brought back memories, and even tears as I remembered the day I left where I served in Oyo West LGA, Oyo state. That day was the last time I shed tears as I saw my landlord crying as I was leaving. Just like you, every person I met back then made my stay a great one and I'm never gonna forget anyone of them. Thanks for sharing this your wonderful experience with us.

U welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Whois(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
Thanks for the share. How's life after nysc?
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by dollyj1996(m): 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
yes ooo hw has life been faring
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by HolyTitus(m): 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
Respect55:

U welcome
You write great Op. how has life been now after NYSC..... Also, have you teach out to my very sweet Zainab?
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
HolyTitus:
You write great Op. how has life been now after NYSC..... Also, have you teach out to my very sweet Zainab?

My brother, life hasn't bn easy o but we still pushing. We never die.
Zainab, lol, yeah. We still talk though not often. She told me on 13th of this month that Mallam Umar (An Islamic teacher in one school close to where I taught then) wants to marry her. She asked if I'm not going to come again, I told her that things ate difficult now. She angrily dropped the call. We haven't talked toll today because she doesn't take her calls. I feel for her sha.
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by HolyTitus(m): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
Respect55:

My brother, life hasn't bn easy o but we still pushing. We never die.
Zainab, lol, yeah. We still talk though not often. She told me on 13th of this month that Mallam Umar (An Islamic teacher in one school close to where I taught then) wants to marry her. She asked if I'm not going to come again, I told her that things ate difficult now. She angrily dropped the call. We haven't talked toll today because she doesn't take her calls. I feel for her sha.
THIS LIFE SHA.... don't loose hope; things will work out for your good in a very short while to this time, Amen
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
HolyTitus:
THIS LIFE SHA.... don't loose hope; things will work out for your good in a very short while to this time, Amen
Yeah. We can't always have what we need in life. Where are u
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by HolyTitus(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
Respect55:
Yeah. We can't always have what we need in life. Where are u
Nigeria
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2020
HolyTitus:
Nigeria
Alright

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Prospective NYSC 2019 Batch C Corps Members Thread / NYSC Gives Update On Printing Of Call-up Letters / Corpers In Okene, Kogi Secure Release Of A Prisoner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.