Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian (2687 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / I Have Decided To Be An Atheist / "TB Joshua Heals A Man That His Manhood Refused To Stop Being Erect" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by orisa37: 6:05pm On May 29, 2016
Know and understand what God is saying in the Book.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 6:27pm On May 29, 2016
PROPHETmichael:

Okay son, let me give you the Chocolate Milk that you truly desire if that will help you grin HEY HEY HEY!!! stop with the crying already...if your eyes remain cloudy from all those tears then how in the world will you be able to SEE the person that God created just for you? now here is your last piece of tissue, Ctrl+Alt+Delete that "woe is me" attitude and time to get your FOCUS back (get it?)

Emotions + Frustration=a bad decision}a bad decision is made in the mist of a weak moment,but that moment can completely alter a piece of your destiny forever}

Having said that, God will not miss you, Christians will not cry over you and the church will keep marching on because you are not the center of the universe. GROW UP, BE A MAN AND SOLDIER ON.

SHALOM!!!

ProphetMichael (JP)

Who effing care about your JP cough? Lol... what is so important about it? You obviously don't know the bible too. Perhaps you are one of those that are polluting the concept of Christianity.

Shalom my a55.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by cloudgoddess(f): 6:34pm On May 29, 2016
I love how all the responders conveniently ignored the part about the bible's contradictions cheesy

1 Like

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by PROPHETmichael: 7:06pm On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

Who effing care about your JP cough? Lol... what is so important about it? You obviously don't know the bible too. Perhaps you are one of those that are polluting the concept of Christianity.

Shalom my a55.

THE PURPOSE OF INFORMATION IS TRANSFORMATION! If you're not continuously undergoing an internal transformation through the influx of information, then you're either getting the wrong information or not diligently applying the information that you're getting. Stop resisting the God kind of change while accepting man's kind of change such given to you by Buhari and APC! Allow God's Word to transform you into something outstanding!
Go back to your first love.

Shalom!!!

JP grin
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by PROPHETmichael: 7:07pm On May 29, 2016
cloudgoddess:
I love how all the responders conveniently ignored the part about the bible's contradictions cheesy

Abeg park well.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by dankol: 10:05pm On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:
1. The only lady I come love all my life was deceptively snatched away by a so called effing pastor:

It was in 2008 and I have not been able to get over her even when I've moved on. Our relationship was excellent till I graduated and left in search of a job. It was while I was away that the guy who was in Kaduna as of then and maybe now came in contact with her. He asked if our relationship was committed in God's hands through a man of God.

Just somehow he was able to hypnotize her into succumbing to his craft. Just one afternoon, I received a call from my ex explaining reasons to me why we "must" let that guy be our counselor. And that was how she stopped doing extra cool with me and would talk with the demon till the night talk time was over.
I mistakenly yielded to the pressure and (((bam))), the so called effing pastor used her friends to work against me.

He came up with the 419 of seen vision that I was gonna end up as a drunkard, a smoker, a wife beater and a serial cheat (I don't even know what it feels like to cheat, I have never even now tried to smoke let alone becoming a wife beater even till now... but I am not a saint though...) To cut the story short, the pastor ended up snatching her away and eventually married her.

I am still hurting from the deceit and loss of the person I that so much loved.

2. Another so called MOG who I thought was a bit okay have hurt me so bad again. But this time in the office.

What he did was that: He put on the payroll before me, a colleague with whom I was employed the same day simply because he was the person who introduced him. He even backdated his employment date and never did same for me. Imagine the coming across an alert of an enormous amount as an arias on the phone of the person you resumed with at the same time. (He does not even have 1 day job experience o...)

I am still trying to come to terms with why he tortoisely did that. As in I'm vexing.

3. Most of the hypocrites in our everyday lives are the saints that always raise roof of most churches every Sunday.

4. I have witnessed a deacon's wife who is also a leader in the church throw food into the waste bin instead of giving it to a relative that was living with them.

5. I have cheats who are still leaders in their respective church. Too much deceit in there.

6. So many contradictions in the Bible.

I am so tired of these people and their life style.

Maybe I will embrace Buddhism in the future, but for now, I am tired of Christianity as a religion and Christians in general.

Pls ignore my grammatical blunders.

LOL.. I cant help it to laff.. Especially your no1.. Its quite funny
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Joagbaje(m): 10:44pm On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

So, you mean it is ok to stop going to church and worship God on your own right?

MisterGrace:

Ok! whats now the essence of choosing a pastor to listen to if one can not deduce the sick ones from the healthy ones? or we should continue with this trial and error thing? or we should stop going to church and focus on Christ alone?

like the atheist you're looking for excuse to absolve yourself of guilt . you can't be a loner as a christian. you must humble yourself under the leadership of a pastor. and be committed in a church.

Hebrews 10:25
 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Joagbaje(m): 10:46pm On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

Ok! whats now the essence of choosing a pastor to listen to if one can not deduce the sick ones from the healthy ones? or we should continue with this trial and error thing? or we should stop going to church and focus on Christ alone?
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Abee79(m): 10:04am On Jun 03, 2016
MisterGrace:

But I thought all Christians are supposed to be Christ-like. Why then are almost all his followers not on that track?

Matthew 15:8 says "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by omotroyz(m): 11:01am On Jun 03, 2016
well you are very free to join any religion that feels right to u.
why I stop being a Christian?
1. it doesn't feel right to me.
2. the dogma is just too much.
3. it inculcate fear into its member.
4. out of more than 11,000 religions in the world, it claims to be it only true religion.
I had to switch to something more comforting. Wicca.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Joagbaje(m): 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2016
omotroyz:
well you are very free to join any religion that feels right to u.
why I stop being a Christian?
1. it doesn't feel right to me.
2. the dogma is just too much.
3. it inculcate fear into its member.
4. out of more than 11,000 religions in the world, it claims to be it only true religion.
I had to switch to something more comforting. Wicca.

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Weah96: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
Joagbaje:

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Hindsight is always 20/20.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by omotroyz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
Joagbaje:

sorry your bible quote has no effect on me. neither will any portion from the bible. OK?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Remains Of Sodom & Gomorrah Will Send Chills Down Your Spine / N Je Omo Olohun Ni Jesu? (apa Kini) / Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.