Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian (2688 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / I Have Decided To Be An Atheist / "TB Joshua Heals A Man That His Manhood Refused To Stop Being Erect" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 3:41pm On May 24, 2016
1. The only lady I come love all my life was deceptively snatched away by a so called effing pastor:

It was in 2008 and I have not been able to get over her even when I've moved on. Our relationship was excellent till I graduated and left in search of a job. It was while I was away that the guy who was in Kaduna as of then and maybe now came in contact with her. He asked if our relationship was committed in God's hands through a man of God.

Just somehow he was able to hypnotize her into succumbing to his craft. Just one afternoon, I received a call from my ex explaining reasons to me why we "must" let that guy be our counselor. And that was how she stopped doing extra cool with me and would talk with the demon till the night talk time was over.
I mistakenly yielded to the pressure and (((bam))), the so called effing pastor used her friends to work against me.

He came up with the 419 of seen vision that I was gonna end up as a drunkard, a smoker, a wife beater and a serial cheat (I don't even know what it feels like to cheat, I have never even now tried to smoke let alone becoming a wife beater even till now... but I am not a saint though...) To cut the story short, the pastor ended up snatching her away and eventually married her.

I am still hurting from the deceit and loss of the person I that so much loved.

2. Another so called MOG who I thought was a bit okay have hurt me so bad again. But this time in the office.

What he did was that: He put on the payroll before me, a colleague with whom I was employed the same day simply because he was the person who introduced him. He even backdated his employment date and never did same for me. Imagine the coming across an alert of an enormous amount as an arias on the phone of the person you resumed with at the same time. (He does not even have 1 day job experience o...)

I am still trying to come to terms with why he tortoisely did that. As in I'm vexing.

3. Most of the hypocrites in our everyday lives are the saints that always raise roof of most churches every Sunday.

4. I have witnessed a deacon's wife who is also a leader in the church throw food into the waste bin instead of giving it to a relative that was living with them.

5. I have cheats who are still leaders in their respective church. Too much deceit in there.

6. So many contradictions in the Bible.

I am so tired of these people and their life style.

Maybe I will embrace Buddhism in the future, but for now, I am tired of Christianity as a religion and Christians in general.

Pls ignore my grammatical blunders.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by BetterChurch: 4:19pm On May 24, 2016
I feel you; the major lesson is not to replicate those ungodly lifestyles sooner or later. You alone should decide your next classroom of religion. Our main challenge is finding Gods love in this lifetime.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 5:05pm On May 24, 2016
BetterChurch:
I feel you; the major lesson is not to replicate those ungodly lifestyles sooner or later. You alone should decide your next classroom of religion. Our main challenge is finding Gods love in this lifetime.

Exactly... One don't need all those hypocritical pastors find God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by ammyluv2002(f): 5:23pm On May 24, 2016
I understand how you feel, but that's why the bible made it very clear "Look unto Jesus...." Being a pastor or a christian doesn't change anything if one isn't truly a born again.

People don't change! Don't expect heavenly traits from anyone just because he's a pastor. Pastor is just a title. What changes people is the Spirit of God in them.

You stopped being a Christian cos you trusted in man and not because of what happend. You didn't listen to the word of God, you chose not to listen. Those who put their trust in man, will definitely get hurt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 9:17pm On May 24, 2016
ammyluv2002:
I understand how you feel, but that's why the bible made it very clear "Look unto Jesus...." Being a pastor or a christian doesn't change anything if one isn't truly a born again.

People don't change! Don't expect heavenly traits from anyone just because he's a pastor. Pastor is just a title. What changes people is the Spirit of God in them.

You stopped being a Christian cos you trusted in man and not because of what happend. You didn't listen to the word of God, you chose not to listen. Those who put their trust in man, will definitely get hurt.

I wish I didn't trust any of them. What this one in my office is something I just can't seem to deal with.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 24, 2016
Somtin similar to dat number 1 happened to me too
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by otemanuduno: 2:00am On May 25, 2016
MisterGrace:
1. The only lady I come love all my life was deceptively snatched away by a so called effing pastor:

It was in 2008 and I have not been able to get over her even when I've moved on. Our relationship was excellent till I graduated and left in search of a job. It was while I was away that the guy who was in Kaduna as of then and maybe now came in contact with her. He asked if our relationship was committed in God's hands through a man of God.

Just somehow he was able to hypnotize her into succumbing to his craft. Just one afternoon, I received a call from my ex explaining reasons to me why we "must" let that guy be our counselor. And that was how she stopped doing extra cool with me and would talk with the demon till the night talk time was over.
I mistakenly yielded to the pressure and (((bam))), the so called effing pastor used her friends to work against me.

He came up with the 419 of seen vision that I was gonna end up as a drunkard, a smoker, a wife beater and a serial cheat (I don't even know what it feels like to cheat, I have never even now tried to smoke let alone becoming a wife beater even till now... but I am not a saint though...) To cut the story short, the pastor ended up snatching her away and eventually married her.

I am still hurting from the deceit and loss of the person I that so much loved.

2. Another so called MOG who I thought was a bit okay have hurt me so bad again. But this time in the office.

What he did was that: He put on the payroll before me, a colleague with whom I was employed the same day simply because he was the person who introduced him. He even backdated his employment date and never did same for me. Imagine the coming across an alert of an enormous amount as an arias on the phone of the person you resumed with at the same time. (He does not even have 1 day job experience o...)

I am still trying to come to terms with why he tortoisely did that. As in I'm vexing.

3. Most of the hypocrites in our everyday lives are the saints that always raise roof of most churches every Sunday.

4. I have witnessed a deacon's wife who is also a leader in the church throw food into the waste bin instead of giving it to a relative that was living with them.

5. I have cheats who are still leaders in their respective church. Too much deceit in there.

6. So many contradictions in the Bible.

I am so tired of these people and their life style.

Maybe I will embrace Buddhism in the future, but for now, I am tired of Christianity as a religion and Christians in general.

Well I am not surprised that all these things are happening. Because Knoliud the knowledge of the REAL GOD who created the universe with a big bang has prophesied this long time ago that when the Kingdom of DOMINO REVERAD the true God will begin to be established, the power of the 'holy people' will be scattered. Holy people= hypocrites who are the Xtians, Muslims and Judaism in particular. Check my signature and go through the real doctrine which has come to end all RELIGION of the world because the creator of the UNIVERSE didn't mean humanity to come into the world to be serving any god but instead to be using our brain to discover his works and help humanity with it.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 10:21am On May 25, 2016
otemanuduno:
Well I am not surprised that all these things are happening. Because Knoliud the knowledge of the REAL GOD who created the universe with a big bang has prophesied this long time ago that when the Kingdom of DOMINO REVERAD the true God will begin to be established, the power of the 'holy people' will be scattered. Holy people= hypocrites who are the Xtians, Muslims and Judaism in particular. Check my signature and go through the real doctrine which has come to end all RELIGION of the world because the creator of the UNIVERSE didn't mean humanity to come into the world to be serving any god but instead to be using our brain to discover his works and help humanity with it.

This is somewhat funny. So we are only to use our brains alone.... interesting.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 2:15pm On May 28, 2016
otemanuduno:
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Joagbaje(m): 2:28pm On May 28, 2016
@op
In Councelling I've learnt not to take just one side of a story. The person you talked about is not here to defend himself. But even if the story is true . The bible already talked about judgement for evil doers . So that's not an excuse for you to walk away from God. Read the parable or the tares in Mattew 13.

The enemy can send his people to infilterate Gods camp. That doesn't mean everybody is like that. You need to know christ for yourself . If a man fail you ,it's between him and God , you simply ask for the leading of God to another church. Why should you lose your own salvation because of a mans action. Is your salvation which was purchase by christ precious blood that cheap?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Abee79(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2016
Op, you must understand that Christianity is not a 'religion' - it is the embodiment of a life tranformed by Jesus Christ. Religion and religious people have their limitations and short-comings. You will always feel betrayed when another 'Christian' or 'Pastor' is your role standard instead of Jesus.

Hebrews 12:1-2 says:
"1. Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off every encumbrance and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with endurance the race set out for us. 2. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at right hand of the throne of God."

The moment you take you eyes off Jesus, you will begin to sink into depression, doubt, confussion, etc.

Matthew 14:29-31 records an interesting account that might help you:
29. “Come,” said Jesus. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water, and came toward Jesus. 30. But when he saw the strength of the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” 31. Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and took hold of Peter. “You of little faith,” He said, “why did you doubt?”

As for the issue of the Bible having contradictions, I challenge you to take you time and study it for yourself. The Bible is GOD'S WORD and to know the mind of the author, you must ask him to reveal His mind to you [that is, if you are really interested in knowing Him]:

John 16:13 says:
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Psalm 25:5 also says:
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

I challenge you to make the prayer of the Psalmist in Psalm 11:18 which says:
"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law."

Finally, before I log out of this page, I want to generally address your assertions and ventilations in your post by drawing your attention to Matthew 12:36 which says:
"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak"

JESUS LOVES YOU!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 6:48am On May 29, 2016
Abee79:
Op, you must understand that Christianity is not a 'religion' - it is the embodiment of a life tranformed by Jesus Christ. Religion and religious people have their limitations and short-comings. You will always feel betrayed when another 'Christian' or 'Pastor' is your role standard instead of Jesus.

Hebrews 12:1-2 says:
"1. Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off every encumbrance and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with endurance the race set out for us. 2. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at right hand of the throne of God."

The moment you take you eyes off Jesus, you will begin to sink into depression, doubt, confussion, etc.

Matthew 14:29-31 records an interesting account that might help you:
29. “Come,” said Jesus. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water, and came toward Jesus. 30. But when he saw the strength of the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” 31. Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and took hold of Peter. “You of little faith,” He said, “why did you doubt?”

As for the issue of the Bible having contradictions, I challenge you to take you time and study it for yourself. The Bible is GOD'S WORD and to know the mind of the author, you must ask him to reveal His mind to you [that is, if you are really interested in knowing Him]:

John 16:13 says:
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Psalm 25:5 also says:
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

I challenge you to make the prayer of the Psalmist in Psalm 11:18 which says:
"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law."

Finally, before I log out of this page, I want to generally address your assertions and ventilations in your post by drawing your attention to Matthew 12:36 which says:
"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak"

JESUS LOVES YOU!

But I thought all Christians are supposed to be Christ-like. Why then are almost all his followers not on that track?

1 Like

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by harsysky(m): 7:55am On May 29, 2016
Mohammed ghandi once said , " I hate christians but love Jesus Christ because He is perfect!"

Many christians ain't following christ's footstep ,so you have a right to ignore them and still love and follow christ.

1 Like

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by PROPHETmichael: 8:04am On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

Your decision shows you are about to fulfill his vision

Congratulation and for your information, God will not miss you and Christians will not cry over you.
GROW UP.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 8:14am On May 29, 2016
PROPHETmichael:

Congratulation and for your information, God will not miss you and Christians will not cry over you.
GROW UP.

Hahahahaha... See one of them. As usual, he sees nothing wrong with their deceptive poos.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Richirich713: 8:21am On May 29, 2016
Christianity is about Jesus not your pastor.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 8:31am On May 29, 2016
Richirich713:
Christianity is about Jesus not your pastor.

So, you mean it is ok to stop going to church and worship God on your own right?
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by 9japride(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2016
Christians needs to improve on their characters especially in the areas of love and compassion. If Christian faith is not careful, Islam will become very prominent. From the little things I observed about Islam is that they protect, love and cherish their own members. Don't give up.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 8:42am On May 29, 2016
9japride:
Christians needs to improve on their characters especially in the areas of love and compassion. If Christian faith is not careful, Islam will become very prominent. From the little things I observed about Islam is that they protect, love and cherish their own members. Don't give up.

The very annoying thing is that the so called church rats are the most insensitive and wicked in the society.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Richirich713: 8:53am On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

So, you mean it is ok to stop going to church and worship God on your own right?

No that's not what I'm saying. Being a Christian is about Jesus, your pastors actions shouldn't be the reason why you decided to cease being a Christian.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by 9japride(m): 9:04am On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

The very annoying thing is that the so called church rats are the most insensitive and wicked in the society.
[color=#006600][/color]

U r right. It's really a pity, to my knowledge Jesus was very humble and loving. I don't know where we all got it wrong?
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by 9japride(m): 9:08am On May 29, 2016
Richirich713:

No that's not what I'm saying. Being a Christian is about Jesus, your pastors actions shouldn't be the reason why you decided to cease being a Christian.
[color=#006600][/color]

Pastors have great influence on members. I remembered those days when a pastor commit a crime almost half of the church members will leave that church. We should all lead by example. If all men try to live postively enough though small improvement I beieve the society will b a better place and people won't b focusing on ones religious faith rather on ones personality.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by orisa37: 9:10am On May 29, 2016
To your hypocrites Pastors, they are like many Lizards lying prostrate and you don't know which one of them is sick. Christ only knows His true Apostles. To you is the Parable of the Sower . Please don't be the Seeds sowed on a High Way that could gather no Moss for you will just get lost without Christ s. To your Girl friend, I think Christ is simply protecting you from the evil one. Have a Kit Kat.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 10:15am On May 29, 2016
orisa37:
To your hypocrites Pastors, they are like many Lizards lying prostrate and you don't know which one of them is sick. Christ only knows His true Apostles. To you is the Parable of the Sower . Please don't be the Seeds sowed on a High Way that could gather no Moss for you will just get lost without Christ s. To your Girl friend, I think Christ is simply protecting you from the evil one. Have a Kit Kat.

Ok! whats now the essence of choosing a pastor to listen to if one can not deduce the sick ones from the healthy ones? or we should continue with this trial and error thing? or we should stop going to church and focus on Christ alone?
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:20am On May 29, 2016
Christians sef , why should you stop being a Christian because of your pastor . My brother reason n'am na . Haba . If you stand before God and give this puerile reason , how do you think he would react .

Please , its all about Christ .

Hebrews 12:2
2 Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I didnt see your pastor , or another Christian ; it said Jesus .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:21am On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

Ok! whats now the essence of choosing a pastor to listen to if one can not deduce the sick ones from the healthy ones? or we should continue with this trial and error thing? or we should stop going to church and focus on Christ alone?

Change your church if you are not comfortable with the lifestyle of your pastor . Visit the Lord's Chosen .
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by malvisguy212: 10:25am On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

But I thought all Christians are supposed to be Christ-like. Why then are almost all his followers not on that track?
because you cannot force people to obey God's word. Its a choice. No matter how hard I try, I cannot force you to love me, God want, that the choice you made, let it come from your heart.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by ammyluv2002(f): 10:29am On May 29, 2016
malvisguy212:
because you cannot force people to obey God's word. Its a choice. No matter how hard I try, I cannot force you to love me, God want, that the choice you made, let it come from your heart.
So true!

1 Like

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 29, 2016
ammyluv2002:

ur right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by PROPHETmichael: 1:26pm On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

Hahahahaha... See one of them. As usual, he sees nothing wrong with their deceptive poos.

Oh someone was expecting a sympathy from me but sorry to disappoint you and i repeat GOD WON'T MISS YOU & NEITHER WILL CHRISTIANS CRY OVER YOU.

GROW !!!
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by MisterGrace: 1:52pm On May 29, 2016
PROPHETmichael:

Oh someone was expecting a sympathy from me but sorry to disappoint you and i repeat GOD WON'T MISS YOU & NEITHER WILL CHRISTIANS CRY OVER YOU.

GROW !!!

grin And to think that you are calling yourself a christian is funny. Stop deceiving yourself. You are far from being one.
Re: Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian by PROPHETmichael: 5:08pm On May 29, 2016
MisterGrace:

grin And to think that you are calling yourself a christian is funny. Stop deceiving yourself. You are far from being one.

Okay son, let me give you the Chocolate Milk that you truly desire if that will help you grin HEY HEY HEY!!! stop with the crying already...if your eyes remain cloudy from all those tears then how in the world will you be able to SEE the person that God created just for you? now here is your last piece of tissue, Ctrl+Alt+Delete that "woe is me" attitude and time to get your FOCUS back (get it?)

Emotions + Frustration=a bad decision}a bad decision is made in the mist of a weak moment,but that moment can completely alter a piece of your destiny forever}

Having said that, God will not miss you, Christians will not cry over you and the church will keep marching on because you are not the center of the universe. GROW UP, BE A MAN AND SOLDIER ON.

SHALOM!!!

ProphetMichael (JP)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? / Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? / Power In Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.