Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? (14907 Views)

Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / Name One Thing You Don't Eat / 7 Amazing Benefits Of Drinking Water First Thing In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by obimath(m): 10:29pm On May 27, 2016
Mine was white yam that u use palm oil to eat
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Codes151(m): 10:30pm On May 27, 2016
banmee:

It's a legitimate thread. Way better than those top 10 crap we keep seeing on fp. Just because you can't cook doesn't mean you should take it out on every one else.

I gues ur a better cook! Fb my ass
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Eseose9(f): 10:30pm On May 27, 2016
Yam
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by oviejnr(m): 10:32pm On May 27, 2016
Na Garri cheesy grin
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Iceberg3: 10:35pm On May 27, 2016
Water hehe
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Bettyo4(f): 10:36pm On May 27, 2016
Mine was how to fry snail
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by addicted268(f): 10:37pm On May 27, 2016
Ofe Onugbu
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by kenoz(m): 10:37pm On May 27, 2016
Rice
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 27, 2016
amicable09:
Lol. Sleekyshuga, you got me laughing with your first time experience in the kitchen.
But age 6? shocked
Mba Mba! My dad is a top chef wink who never allowed us go close to fire cheesy. My aunties then used to tease us (my sisters and I) cos I didn't even know how to light a stove after primary school lipsrsealed, it was bad.

But by secondary school, I had started feeling bad when my friends talked about things they could cook, I couldn't even boast of lighting a stove not to talk of boiling water. So, one fateful afternoon, I took the bull by the horn grin and cooked a disastrous meal that I threw away before anyone returned. Lol

My friends told me preparing jollof rice is the easiest thing to cook. I believed them and they gave me the recipe. But the bad thing was, since we weren't allowed to cook, I couldn't touch my mum's tinned tomatoes and other ingredients and I didn't want anyone to know that I attempted burning down the house so I saved my lunch money for days, just to carry out that mission. In place of tomatoes, I used that Onga tomatoes seasoning... Boy! The rice was PINK!!!! grin like I added color to it angry and I was feeling myself cheesy. My head was swelling as I stirred the pot every 5-10 mins for no reason, I just liked what I was doing.

Few minutes later, water and onions was floating over the rice, the pot was burning, the rice was still as hard as stone and I was confused. Out of disappointment and fear that I may be caught, I brought down the pot, tasted it- Zero! Lol... Quickly scrapped everything out and washed off the pot before taking my position innocently as a good girl with my assignments spread on the table tongue

Somehow, till this day, I hate to cook Jollof rice cos the memory of that 'Onga' rice is still fresh in my head. sad

grin grin grin grin grin

This is damn hilarious grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by popizaino(m): 10:46pm On May 27, 2016
mine was just white rice and I got it perfectly parboiled after following strict instructions from my uncle's wife.
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by banmee(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2016
Codes151:

I gues ur a better cook! Fb my ass

Yes I am.

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by nonjebose(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2016
Not so sure. Fried Egg it was
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:58pm On May 27, 2016
Egusi, I mistakenly used klin detergent for salt
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by UjSizzle(f): 11:03pm On May 27, 2016
Is garri cooked? Because after boiling water I made garri @ 6.
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 27, 2016
@sleekyshuga, sorry I'm replying your mention late, the light situaton in my area is worse than epileptic embarassed

I can't even remember the first meal I cooked cos I grew up in a household much like amicable09's. Popc loved to cook so he did most of the cooking although in my case, sometimes,he'll give directives from the room or wherever he happened to be and you'll be cooking like that in the kitchen. Occasionally, he'd come to check on the progress of the food but to all intents and purposes he was actually the one that cooked. That's how I learnt to cook anyways

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by PreciousBro: 11:18pm On May 27, 2016
Egusi soup
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by missyge(f): 11:27pm On May 27, 2016
oha soup
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by joydiva(f): 11:28pm On May 27, 2016
Beans and yam
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Julietcutie(f): 11:29pm On May 27, 2016
cheesy how are you?
manutdrichie:

Nwanyiocha
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by spargs(m): 11:33pm On May 27, 2016
Mine was indomie and egg
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Ugosample(m): 11:36pm On May 27, 2016
Indomie
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Nathkem01(m): 11:37pm On May 27, 2016
Indomie nd I fink I can boil water too
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by skurimahn(m): 11:40pm On May 27, 2016
Stone
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:42pm On May 27, 2016
Up till today I cant turn an egg on a frying pan succesfully like those Abokiis them (me shayi) despite being a good cook courtesy of boarding school. As for the first meal I made, well........my memory is really fuzzy cos its was long long long time ago.
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Nobody: 12:31am On May 28, 2016
demiladegold:
Jollof rice.... I wasn't taught I just tried it one day and I got it right... I was 8 then
kiss
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by DeleSuper1: 12:46am On May 28, 2016
I learn how to prepare water... grin grin grin
Is this an issue to bang on...?

Gerarahere jare bundesliga, let me go and iron my car joo. shocked
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by jojosweet(f): 1:01am On May 28, 2016
[quote author=Aarenasbaba post=46035197]Egusi, I mistakenly used klin detergent for salt[/quot chisos! No kidding?
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Harfisco(m): 1:07am On May 28, 2016
Mine is water
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by demiladegold(f): 1:15am On May 28, 2016
bulldoza:
kiss
why do I feel like I know you
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by demiladegold(f): 1:16am On May 28, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
Up till today I cant turn an egg on a frying pan succesfully like those Abokiis them (me shayi) despite being a good cook courtesy of boarding school. As for the first meal I made, well........my memory is really fuzzy cos its was long long long time ago.

me too... I can't do that egg thing and it annoys ne
Re: What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? by Kowor(f): 1:24am On May 28, 2016
BEANS!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bread Prices Rise 25 Percent On Input Cost / Rivers State Cuisine / Firm Introduces Refined Garri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.